Chapter 11

My Brother's Girlfriend

“Please switch with me, LeeTeuk!" KangIn wave his sheet of paper in my face obnoxiously. My hand pushed his arm away and I rolled my eyes, “Hyung!"

“What's your problem? She's your girlfriend, you're going to have to get her a Christmas present anyway." He exhaled loudly in frustration.

“I have no clue on what to get her, and she'll be expecting so much! Let's just switch secret Santa names!" After hours of complaining, I was so fed up.

"I can't take it anymore." I groaned and snatched the sheet from his fingers while throwing mine at him.

"Thanks. By the way, you better get my girlfriend something pretty." He laughed and turned back to the TV.

"Shut up, you're the worst boyfriend ever." What the hell was I suppose to get TaeYeon?

 

--

 

"On the count of three...1, 2," Tiffany was smiling brightly as everyone impatiently held the paper between their fingers, "3! Open them up!" I could mentally feel everyone's reactions to who they got; smiles, groans, regret, and even anger. Why would you even join a Secret Santa if you had a chance of being disappointed? Luckily, I got KangIn. He was easy to buy gifts for. Crumpling the paper and shoving it in my pocket, KangIn made his way towards me. 

"Switch with me." He commanded. I ignored him and walked to the couch, taking the cushion to the far left. KangIn followed along and took the seat next to me, "LeeTeuk, let's switch names. Please." The TV switched on but he continued to beg.

"Ugh, who do you have?" 
"TaeYeon." My eyes widened a bit. 
"This should be easy then, if it's your girl and all." Exhaling loudly, I stood back up and walked to the kitchen to grab a drink. KangIn sat dumbstruck on the leather couch.

 

"How's the punch?" Her voice came from behind me as I was gulping down my drink. I turned my body, completely facing her. A goofy smile appeared as she grabbed a cup herself. Automatically, my hand took her cup and began to fill it up for her. "Oh, thanks LeeTeuk."

"No prob." I mumbled and handed it to her. "It's really good." TaeYeon sipped her drink and smiled at me. 

"It is!" A small part of the punch remained on the top of her lips. I couldn't help but stare at it as she was talking. "LeeTeuk?" My eyes focused back to hers as she glared at me in confusion.

"Uhm, sorry. But you got a little... Here." Without thinking, I felt my hands reach for her face, one on the side of her neck and the other on her cheek. My thumb wiped the liquid away before I quickly stepped back and leaned against the counter. Her pale face blushed to a light pink. "Sorry."
"No. Thank you... For doing that." She grabbed a napkin on the table and wiped her face again, just to make sure. Why didn't I grab the tissue? "Anyway, I was wondering if we could switch names for the Secret Santa thing."
"You serious?" Like KangIn, she desperately wanted to get a different name. Sheepishly, she nodded and glanced in a different direction.
"Since I barely know this person, I thought if you had Jessica, DongHae, or KangIn... We could switch." TaeYeon held up her paper and it said SiWon on it. I frowned but no
dded and gave her my paper. "Thanks a bunch!" She patted my arm and walked back to the living room, joining everyone once again. Right when I got back to KangIn, he began pestering me again.

Rubbing my arm absentmindedly, a chuckle escaped my lips. How could they be so alike, yet so different? My eyes made it's way to TaeYeon again. She brushed her bangs out of her face and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. Her perfect lips were pulled into a grin as she laughed along with Jessica and Tiffany, her new best friends now. My heart skipped a beat. For some reason, I was happy. To see her enjoying herself with us now made me smile. 
But at the same time, I felt as if I were betraying KangIn. I was a terrible brother for thinking about his girlfriend like that. I faced the TV again, trying to forget about the angel on the other side of the room.

 

For KangIn, I will have to forget about her.