Chapter 12

My Brother's Girlfriend

"Merry Christmas!" My eyes left my phone screen and found her wide eyes that were full of excitement. She held up a neatly wrapped box with a huge ivory bow on top. I hesitated. "Well, take the gift!" She jabbed to box at my chest - cautiously, yet in a rush. 

"Uhm, didn't you have KangIn as a Secret Santa?" The box was light as she dropped it in my arms and giggled quietly.

"Someone switched with me!" We both glanced over at KangIn at the same time as SiWon and him exchanged gifts. "SiWon had already bought him a gift so he thought it'd be more efficient just to switch names. Luckily he had you!" I watched her practically jump in her spot. "Open it!"

"Okay, okay! Relax!" Shoving my phone back into my pocket, I tugged on the bow and it easily came apart. "This better be amazing."

"Shut up and open it." She began whining and I winced. Taeyeon was just adorable. The wrapping paper fell to the floor as I opened the box. "Do you like it?" My hand reached in to grab a diamond white circle scarf. A pink letter was also sitting in the bag. "I noticed that you hate the cold, and you have nothing to keep you warm! So. I bought you a scarf. And I heard you like white, so merry Christmas oppa!" Her eyes formed into half crescents and I just stood speechless. I was in complete bliss. 
"Thanks... It's amazing." Her eyes were on me, waiting for ours to meet. I stared into her round eyes and laughed. "Now, I can finally go outside and hang out with you guys."

"Thank God." She chuckled and began walking away. My hand reached for her shoulder and pulled her back, "What?" 

"Surprise," I grabbed a the small aqua box out of my bag, "Merry Christmas, TaeYeon." It was practically impossible not to smile at her expression. She stared at the box, at me, and back at the box again. "I'm your Secret Santa too." TaeYeon's mouth made an 'o' as she slowly took the box out of my hand and pulled open the top. She gasped and I chuckled taking the necklace out of the box and walking behind her. "Sorry, I have no clue what to buy girls ever. And I thought you wore a lot of these so." 

"No no, it's beautiful. Thanks." I walked back to her front and smiled. It looked great on her. Her slender fingers grabbed the metal anchor charm and she grinned slightly. "I'm going to wear this forever."

"Careful, it'll rust." I jokingly jabbed her in the side but she dodged it right away, still focused on the necklace.

"Psh, it's from Tiffany's. It won't ever rust. And since it's from you, I won't let it rust. Thanks again." TaeYeon quickly pulled me into a tight embrace, wrapping her arms around me and placing her head on my chest. I laughed nervously and hugged her back, hoping she wouldn't notice the accelerating speed of my heart. 

"Just don't tell KangIn." Her ahjumma laugh boomed loudly as we let go of each other and backed away. She began walking back to everyone else but looked back and smiled,

 

"God forbid we tell him."