Chapter 5

My Brother's Girlfriend

"LeeTeuk! Wake up!" KangIn's booming voice called out from outside my door. Three loud taps pounded against my door, followed by another yell from him. "Hurry up!"

"Geez," Not even beginning to try to get up, "What's the rush?" My voice came out muffled as my face turned back into the pillow.

"Don't make me come inside." I could feel the seriousness flowing into my room. Ugh, wasn't I older than him? Not wanting to face the wrath of KangIn, the bed sheets rolled off me as the cool floor hit my bare feet. They dragged it's way towards the door and my hands yanked open the door. 

"Can you not wake me up when I barely had enough sle-" My hand froze on the knob as I glanced at the tiny figure at the kitchen table - sitting on my chair. "Oh, you're here?" My voice was a bit rigid, still annoyed from being woken up early.

Her smile faded and twitched at the corners, "Oh. Sorry, I'm ruining your day, right? Sorry, I'll leave." TaeYeon stood from the table, but was soon sat back down by KangIn. He shot me a glare before I rethought my words.

"No, no." Taking the hint, "I was just surprised, that's all." Suddenly being self aware of my surroundings, I glanced back at TaeYeon. Her wide eyes were looking in my direction. I looked down, and sure enough, I was only in a pair of shorts - half in front of my brother's girlfriend. "Oh my, gosh. Sorry, one second."  Quickly turning around and slamming my door, faint chuckles were heard from the kitchen. I gritted my teeth and pulled over the nearest shirt I could find. Just my luck. Only I could embarrass myself so early in the morning. "What's the occasion?" I questioned as I stepped out of my room, a fresh new v neck on. TaeYeon moved a seat over and patted the chair next to her, indicating for me to sit there. My heart fluttered slightly but I ignored it and made my way to the table.

"Are you stupid, it's DongHae's birthday!" KangIn flicked my forehead. "You forgot his birthday, tsk tsk."

"Not intentionally," it barely came out of my mouth as I mumbled to myself, "It's already October 15th?" 

"Yup! But I have work today, so I was wondering if you and TaeYeon could transform this place to look decent as a birthday party area." The tiny girl beside me smiled widely at me as KangIn explained the things we'd have to buy and do before he came back. "You got it? Good."

"But-"

"No buts." He quickly interrupted me. "Well, I have to go now, good luck, alright?" TaeYeon stood up and gave KangIn a hug before he left the room, leaving only the two of us there.

"So." The petite girl rocked back and forth on her heels. I glanced at her, knowing that it'd be a bad idea, but I did it anyways. And as usual, it was as if hell was teasing me. This beautiful lady was in my room alone, and it had to be my brothers girlfriend. 

"So..." I nodded as she walked back and sat across from me. "What do you wanna do?" She proceeded to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear and place her elbows on the table, leaning her head against her hands. The most irresistible pout formed from her lips as she tried to think of something. Oh my god.

"Well, I don't even know him so I have no idea what things we should get him, you?" Her perfectly shaped lips open and a melodic voice spoke to me. What's wrong with me? I opened my mouth yet nothing came out. "Okay..." She stared at me with confusion. "We can go walk around then and see."

"Uh, yes. Definitely." Moron.  "Sorry, can I get dressed for the weather first...?" Her head bounced cheerfully as I awkwardly stood up and shifted into my room. You're changing in your room while an angel is practically in the next room. How'd you get so lucky? "Okay, let's go." I avoided her eyes. I knew if I looked at them, I wouldn't be able to look away. 

"Alright! Where to?" A hidden dimple appeared on the side of her left cheek, which I had never noticed before. She also had a sharp V jaw line to go with it. "You just point in the direction and I'll do the rest!" She held up a fist, indicating 'fighting' and smiled again. What is with this girl and smiling? It's as if she knew what she did every time she grinned gah.

"Uhm, alright. We-we should go that way." My finger pointed in a random direction. She frowned slightly, but a grin soon came back, so did the dimple. 

Irresistible.

"Okay! I'll trust you on this oppa. Oh, wait! I'm so sorry, do you mind if I call you that?" The word shocked me. I could almost feel my heart jump from my chest. I did a slow nod while we walked forward. "Okay, thanks, Oppa." A slight tingle trickled down my spine as she began to add a skip to her walk. "Now, let's go find DongHae a present!"