Chapter 20

My Brother's Girlfriend

"." I grumbled under my breath as DongHae went on and on, progressively getting louder as he spoke. He was pacing from each side of the room and my eyes cautiously followed him wherever he went. TaeYeon was long gone, thank God. She had escaped the wrath of DongHae. Who knows what he would've done to her if she had stayed? "It's not what it looks like, DongHa-"

"I'm not done!" Interrupting me, our eyes met and I could tell they still burned in fury and curiosity - but mainly, fury. I gripped the ice pack closer to my chin. "What in the hell were you thinking, LeeTeuk? Kissing TaeYeon the second KangIn left? And why didn't you tell me you had feelings for her?" He glanced at the beer bottle on the counter, "Or was it just a drunken one-night-stand that I barged into midway? Huh? Oh my, God. I don't even want to think about what you guys do alone." I waited until he calmed down and took a few breaths.

"Are you done now?" DongHae faked a laugh, ""First, TaeYeon doesn't drink so it definitely was not a 'one-night-stand'." He grimaced, knowing that whatever happened a few minutes ago wasn't due to intoxication. "Look, I'm just going to say before anything, you can't say a word to KangIn. You're going to have to promise me that at the very least."

"Why not? He deserve to know that you're macking off his girlfriend every time you guys hang out. They've been together for a year or so!" His legs moved towards the couch, causing him to hover over me. I didn't like this feeling. I was older than him, he shouldn't be the one scolding me. "What were you thinking?"

"I'll tell him myself when he comes back. Trust me. He deserves to hear it from me, not you." I lifted myself off the couch and stood eye-level to him."This is why I didn't tell you. I knew you'd react like this." My fingers slipped around the bottle and I walked towards the kitchen. He followed me soon after.

"Of course I'm reacting like this!" DongHae's arms flew up and I rolled my eyes, "What if the situation was reversed and you saw me feeling up TaeYeon?" I immediately spun around and got real close to him. His breathing stopped when I stared into his angry eyes.

"Don't ever say that. Not even as a joke." He backed off and breathed out loudly. "Listen, whatever you're thinking right now, let me explain before you go on a whole frenzy, okay?" Pulling out two chairs from the table, he sat down in one and pointed at the other.

"Alright, let's talk then."

 

--

 

"TaeYeon? LeeTeuk? What's going on?" 


I dropped TaeYeon's chin as if it was on fire the minute he caught us in the act. Letting go of her hand, she turned her head quickly and gasped. "DongHae-" I began, not even being able to comprehend the situation. He stomped into the room and switched on all the lights, causing the whole dorm to shine brightly. My eyes took a second to adjust before seeing him come close to us. He took ahold of TaeYeon's arm and pulled her up. A look of pain shot through her face and I noticed how tight his grasp was around her reddening skin.

"What did you do to her?" He roared at me. I stood up and pulled her away from him, shielding her behind me.

"You're hurting her," I growled at him, "Calm down and let me explain." My head spun to look at the girl clasping onto my shirt, "You can go home, I'll talk to you later about... What happened. Good night." TaeYeon nodded gently and quickly tip toed to the front door. She grabbed onto her shoes and left the room, my eyes never leaving her until she shut the door completely. "Okay, bro loo-" As my head turned back to look at him, his fist wound up and hit my face and knocked me back, "DongHae!"

"How dare you betray KangIn?" Holding his fist to his chest, he began to make his way towards me.  "What has he done to you?" I stuck out one arm to stop him, "Don't touch me!" I was taken aback. Never in a million years had he yelled at me with such emotion, let alone hit me. A wave of remorse drowned me as I realized our brotherhood had been crushed due to my stupid actions. 

"DongHae please, listen to me..." One hand held the side of my chin, "Don't hit me again, let's just sit so I can explain." I grabbed a seat on the couch, patting the spot beside me. He didn't even look at it before bursting out into a whole fit again. "Oh my, God..."

 

--

 

"Believe me," my head was going in circles, "I would never hurt KangIn over a girl. I don't know what happened. I was giving her his gift one second, and suddenly I was about to kiss her the next."

"Why was she going along with this...?" DongHae had relaxed since I began telling him all about TaeYeon. He had even gotten himself a beer. "Does she like you back?" A laugh escaped my mouth but I soon shut it as he looked at me weirdly.

"I don't know... I didn't get to hear what she said." I shifted my position, "But DongHae, I really l-" I shuddered suddenly, almost using the word 'love', "Really like her. And I have since they've started dating. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to ruin their relationship. She has never cheated on him, trust me. She had no idea I liked her until tonight, and I didn't even plan for anything to happen. I just... Needed to tell her. Please don't be mad." DongHae began to rub his temples for a few seconds before looking at me.

"Okay," I held my breath, "I won't tell him. As long as you promise to tell him right when he gets back. And you have to straighten out your with TaeYeon. I don't care if that means you guys kiss and end it. Whatever it is, work it out before KangIn comes back. We both know what he'll do if he finds out his girlfriend cheated." I chuckled lightly, which caused my brother to smirk slightly as well. "Deal?"

"Deal, thank you so much." He nodded and stood, "Also, don't get mad at TaeYeon." I could tell a laugh was suppressed.

"I would never hurt her. Sorry about what I said before." 
"I should be saying sorry." A groaned came from him, "Sorry, let's not do this again, haha. Going to bed?"

"Yeah, night bro." DongHae walked back into his room so I was left by myself again to think about what had happened earlier.

 

Which reminded me... I whipped out my phone and walked into the washroom, afraid DongHae would walk back out and hear our conversation. The phone rang a few times before hitting her voice mail. "TaeYeon?" Maybe she had gone to bed. "Listen, about tonight... We need to talk. DongHae's fine now, and he's not going to tell KangIn, he's leaving that up to me. Don't worry about DongHae coming to your house or whateve-" The voice mail suddenly beeped and I heard a slight noise from the other line.

 

"Yeah, hey." I felt a weight being lifted off as I heard her soft voice, "Sorry about that."

"It's okay, were you sleeping?"

"Nope." Her short answers started to get me worried.

"Uh, alright. So anyway, about what happened." 

"Mhm, about that, can we talk about it next time we meet?" I was confused. Just earlier she said I could call her and talk. "I just don't want to do this over phone." A shift in her voice made me nervous again. 

"Okay, sure when do you want to me-" She cut me off,

"I'll drop by tomorrow at 7. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, come by whenever, you're always welcome!" 

"Alright, I have to go now so. Good night." Before I could say anything, the phone dial rang.

 

I frowned and shut off my phone. Why was she in such a hurry?