Chapter 13

My Brother's Girlfriend

"No it's okay for the last time, KangIn! I don't mind, just take your time and we'll go another day, I guess." My eyes shifted to her direction for a split second before looking back at the television. She laughed gently again, "It's okay, gosh! I'll call you back tonight, okay? I love you, bye." She pulled my phone away from her face and walked towards me. "He had work problems again, haha..." The corner of my mouth lifted ever so slightly. 

"Haha, did you guys have a date?" Her head nodded slowly before taking a seat next to me. A flowery scent radiated from her. 

"Yeah, we were going to go theaters. It's nothing." I watched her lean her head against the back of the couch and sigh loudly.

"Well, if you want..." TaeYeon eyes opened and stared at me, "I'll take you to watch a movie. You know, as friends and all." I shrugged and looked away from her, my face heating up. 

"I'd love to, LeeTeuk." She grinned and stood up. "The movie starts soon, so we should get going now." TaeYeon skipped to the counter and threw me my coat. 

---

"Wow, it's so cold!" TaeYeon grabbed her coat and brought it closer to her. Smiling down at the shivering girl beside me, I unwrapped the white scarf she gave me and put it around her. "What? No, you'll be cold then.."
"It's okay, I can stand it." That was a lie. I was practically about to die. "Plus, we're almost inside anyway." I hope. After about five minutes, I lost the feeling of my nose. How long did it take to buy tickets at the theaters? 

"LeeTeuk! I didn't know you were watching a movie today." ShinDong and his girlfriend shocked me as he grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. "Wow. who's this?" His eyes glanced at TaeYeon for a brief second before turning into half crescents and stared back at me. "Oh, is this TaeYeon?" Before he could say anything else, my eyes widened and tried to cover his mouth.

"How do you know my name?" Her smile beamed at ShinDong. "Has KangIn talked about me?"

"Not KangIn - but LeeTeuk has! A lot actually." 

"Shut up!" I hissed through my teeth, still trying to get him to stop. A look of curiosity crossed TaeYeon's face.

"He keeps talking about how pretty you are and how sweet." I'm dead. Literally, this will be my death. "Are you guys on a date?"
"No!" She waved her hands out and shook them quickly while turning beet red, "KangIn had to cancel on our date so LeeTeuk offered to go with me." 
"Oh, I see..." ShinDong looked me in the eyes in pity. "What a shame."

"Shame?" TaeYeon's head tilted to the right slightly. She was so cute when she was confused, gosh. "I don't... Understand."
"Never mind, well anyway. We have to go now, I'll talk to you later." Not unless I kill you first. ShinDong and his girlfriend waved a good bye then continued to walk down the snowy sidewalk, hand in hand.

"I'm... Sorry about that, haha." My hand rubbed the back of my neck while looking away, not able to make eye contact with TaeYeon. "He's kind of crazy." Her high pitched laugh rang in my ears.

"It's quite alright. Anyway, we're at the front of the line!" She pulled her money out but before she could hand it over, I shoved her hand back to her chest. "What?"

"I'll pay. KangIn owes you a movie, I'll just get him to pay me back later." I grinned slightly and she rolled her eyes.

"Men and their need to pay. Fine, just promise  to get him to pay you back." She held out her slender pinky out to me.

"You're such a dork," I sighed but linked my pinky to hers again, "promise."