Chapter 8

My Brother's Girlfriend

"How about this one?" KangIn rose his eyebrows as TaeYeon approached him yet again with a hanger in her hands.
"Too much fabric, I told you." He groaned and frowned at the petite girl next to him. "Why don't you try on clothes most girls wear on Halloween? They have a wide variety to choose from too!" His hand reached out to bring out a pale lavender blue costume. "See, here's a nurse costume! This is what I want you to wear, you have to show off to my friends!"
"More like a e nurse." TaeYeon fired back. "It's barely a costume, more like pieces of fabric thrown together." The couple began to bicker more in the costume shop as I awkwardly stood close by, listening intently to their conversation. Many people glanced - more like, scowled - in our direction. My eyes rolled as I glanced back at the two. TaeYeon was now almost in tears as her eyes faintly turned red and a light tear filled her eyes. That was my cue,

"Okay, KangIn." My arm grabbed his shoulder and pulled him a bit away from her. "Give it a rest, if she doesn't want to wear something like this, don't force her. Halloween's suppose to be fun."

"Don't I have a say in what I want her to wear?" His hand pushed mine away.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you can force her to wear..." My hand poked at the costume bag, "Whatever this is. Just, let her pick."

"Whatever," his voice hissed at me before sighing again, "I'm going to get food. Buy whatever, but you're paying." KangIn's piercing eyes looked dead straight into mine, "Since you know exactly what a girl needs. I'm so done, meet me in the food court when you're done. If ever." He pushed past me and walked out of the store. I shook my head and chuckled. Same old KangIn. 

"Okay, you ready?" I turned right back to TaeYeon and saw her wiping a tear away. Instinctively, my smile faded and I reached out to grab her shoulders, "Hey. it's alright. He has a bit of a temper, it's not your fault." She sniffled quietly. "I'm serious, okay? We can pick whatever you want, I'll pay." I sighed thinking about how much cash I had left in my wallet, hopefully it'd be enough. My thoughts quickly disappeared when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and her head came near my chest. My heart raced and my blood rushed. I was pretty sure the person in the next store could hear my heartbeat, but I couldn't control it.

"Thanks." was all I could hear before hesitantly wrapping my arms around her as well. My hand patted her back once before she pulled apart and smiled weakly. "Sorry about crying." A grin emerged from my face as I reached out to wipe the remaining tears on her face. 

"It's okay. Now cheer up." She removed her arms and backed up, leaving me disappointed but understanding. "Go pick one and try it on, surprise me!" She glanced at the nurse costume on the bench KangIn threw it on.

"Maybe I should..." She reached out to the bag before my hand grabbed her thin pale arm to stop her. The coolness shocked me yet again as I dropped her arm just as quickly. A dimple appeared on the side of her face followed by a soft laugh, "I was kidding! Okay, don't peek!" She ran away, returning back to her normal self.

What a silly girl.