Chapter 17

My Brother's Girlfriend

"TaeYeon, I'm really sorry about what I said the other night. I had a couple drinks earlier and didn't know what I was saying. Please call back, I want to hear from you." I hung up the call, leaving one of many voice mails I made to her. It's been three days and we haven't seen or heard from TaeYeon. DongHae had no idea what was going on, he just thought she was busy with work or friends. I was losing sleep because of this, and I needed to hear her voice, to see her face, and just to hug her tightly... I missed the way she laughed when I said something stupid, or the way she smelt when I hugged her after she had a long cry. I pulled out my phone again and dialed her number. Before I heard the second ring, DongHae slipped the phone out of my hands and turned it off.

"Relax, bro." He tossed the phone into the couch, "She's probably just got a lot on her hands right now. KangIn probably won't mind us not watching her 24/7." I guess he was right. I was also a bit relieved that he thought I was doing this just for him.

"Yeah, I guess. Sorry about freaking out." DongHae shrugged and grabbed his things.

"I'm going out to meet some friends, I'll be back." I nodded and I was soon left alone with my thoughts.

 

*Ring, ring* 

"Hello?" 
"Yo, LeeTeuk," EunHyuk was on the line, "Where you at?"

"Home, why? If you want me to hang out, now's not the time." I hadn't spoken to EunHyuk in a long time, for some reason. But I really did not feel like going to another club right now.

"No it's not that. I see that girl that was with HyoYeon that time we went out... TaeYeon? Anyway, she's at the ice cream shop across from me and she's just sitting around."
"Yeah so?" 

"I don't know if she's still dating your bro or not, but if she isn't, it'd be the perfect time to swoop in right now. Just letting you know." I heard a girls laugh in the background, "Anyway, gotta go. Later!"

 

I groaned. Was I really going to leave my house just to see someone that didn't even wanna see me? I contemplated the idea, in which, in the end, I did end up going. I grabbed my things and headed out the door. The ice cream shop was five-ten minutes away, and hopefully she'd still be there when I arrived. Why was she always eating ice cream, especially when it's cold out...? Right when I left the apartment, I felt my fingers turning cooler by the second, quickening my pace instinctively. My hand reached out and pulled the handle, and instant deja vu hit me. The warm air in the store was so comforting. My eyes scanned the room quickly, trying to pull out any face, her face... I caught her staring out the window in the very corner of the store. At the same time, she looked my way and our eyes caught. I saw her fist tighten around her bowl as she looked back out and shifted tighter in the corner. As if she could disappear.

I started making my way towards her. Each step was becoming heavier as I got closer and closer. She shifted uncomfortably. Probably thinking the best ways to run away, or just to hide. Anything that could get me further from her. I didn't care. I just needed to apologize and hear something - anything - from her. I found myself standing right in front of her table booth within seconds. TaeYeon tried her hardest to ignore me but gave in after  a bit. Her beautiful brown eyes met mine for the second time. What should I say? Was she mad at me? Or did she just not want to be with me? What if what I said ruined the situation even more...? 

 

"TaeYeon..."