Chapter 6

My Brother's Girlfriend

"Too plain." I simply spoke, while she frowned and glanced back at the counter, squinting hard at it. I swear she could've been shooting lasers at it with the intensity she was giving. TaeYeon pointed at another choice but I shook my head. "He doesn't like caramel that much, either." Frustration continued to cross her face as she had a hard time picking a cake for the picky DongHae. 

"How am I suppose to choose a cake!? He doesn't like anything..." She kneeled down to see the bottom rack of cakes. I followed suit and stared back into the glass wall. "Maybe I should make one... Nah, what am I saying? I'm so bad at cooking. Gah, I can't even.." TaeYeon's expression changed ever so often, second guessing her cooking skills. I interrupted her quickly.

"I think you should bake it." Shrugging, my knees cracked as I stood up. A groan escaped my mouth as I stretched a bit.

"Getting old there, huh?" A giggle flowed from her tiny lips as she beamed. "But anyways, should I really? I'm not that good though, haven't really cooked one either..."

"I trust you." Smiling, she followed me out of the bakery and into the cool autumn afternoon. "All girls can cook anyways, I'm pretty sure you'll do great." I reassured her. "We only have a couple hours left so we should hurry home, alright? Let me grab those." Gift and decorations in my hands, we jogged to the supermarket and bought all the ingredients that I didn't already have and hurried to my dorm as quick as possible. "Fighting!" I grinned as she rolled up her sleeves and tied her hair back. 

"Thanks, oppa." And if possible, she gave me the biggest smile yet. "I'm sure I'll do great because you'll be here supporting me!" She lightly placed a hand on my arm, leaving a burning sensation against my skin - although her hands were icicles. 
 

"Uh, yes, yes. Goo-Good luc-luck!" That was all that managed to slip out before she spun around and began with the cake. Get a hold of yourself, LeeTeuk. Silently beating myself up, the living room quickly needed to be decorated before KangIn got home, or else I'd be the one getting yelled at. , I grabbed the "Happy Birthday!" sign on the couch and grabbed a chair, lifting myself higher up the ground to hang it up. Then, I popped te confetti all over the room, leaving some for later. And finally the balloons. I always hated blowing balloons. They gave me huge headaches but I couldn't complain now. "Here goes hell." I mumbled grabbing the first yellow balloon and blowing air into it. I tried to finish as quick as possible, busting through 5 quickly. But at the 6th one, I felt my head spinning. "Ugh." Sigh, how will I finish this?

"Here, let me help." A small pair of pale hands came from behind me and grabbed the pink balloon in my hands. Spinning around, TaeYeon had already began inflating the balloon. I laughed as the balloon grew larger than her head. "There. How many left?" She inquired after completely knotting the end and chucking it to the side.

"Hm... Only 2." I grinned and passed her a sky blue one. "Thanks, by the way. Sorry that you had to leave your cake." She shrugged and smiled before putting the balloon tip at .

"No problem. I was practically having a laughing fit watching you try to blow all these up." I rolled my eyes but finished blowing up my last balloon and stood up. "Are you done with the decorating?" The sun shone into the now lit room, shining brightly against TaeYeon.

And at that moment, I was sure she was an angel sent from the heavens.

Her hair glowed brightly against the sun, almost a red velvet colour. Her eyes gleamed beautifully before she covered them with her hands. I saw her teeth shine as she smiled at the sudden warmth. TaeYeon was practically glowing. "So?" Her question caught me surprise as the sun went away and it was just us in the apartment again. I glanced at her and she was still shining. How?

"Uhm, yeah." Coming back to reality, she motioned me over.

"Okay, come help me decorate the cake! Add a personal message or something." TaeYeon's cold hands grabbed mine and dragged me to the kitchen. Another shock of electricity ran up my arm before she dropped it and pointed at the cake in the oven. "We didn't have enough butter, but I'm sure it'll still taste fine. Hopefully." She pondered near the oven and I smirked.

"It'll be perfect. I know it." TaeYeon looked at me and a soft smile appeared. The side of her lips twitched ever so slightly before she opened it.
"You have gorgeous dimples, by the way. Sorry if that's awkward." TaeYeon flushed slightly but turned around. 

"Well." I also felt my cheeks burn a bit, but ignored it. "Thanks. You too." Her light laugh filled the room, which was instantly followed by an oven timer.

"Yay!" Her small hands in oven mitts clapped together. "It's done! Let's decorate it !"  

 

Watching her face light up instinctively made me smile as well. Only you, TaeYeon.

Only you.