Chapter 18

My Brother's Girlfriend

"TaeYeon..." She stared at me wide-eyed, having no idea what I would say. I didn't even know what I was going to say, "Listen-"

"Hi welcome! Would you like a menu?" A waitress appeared out of nowhere and was suddenly beside me with a stack of menus in hand. Her smile stretched from cheek to cheek.

"Uh, no I'm good, thanks though." I tried to focus my attention back to TaeYeon, but the waitress kept talking to me. 

"Well, today there's a ten percent off on all bowl sizes, and if you need my help I'll be over there." She pointed across the room and then turned around to look back at me. The lady was incredibly close to me, making me slightly uncomfortable as she kept leaning in. Having no choice, I sat down in the booth and thanked her. Shown on her face, she had the look of disappointment as she nodded and finally walked away.

"Finally," I turned and started to chuckle, expecting the same response from TaeYeon. Then I remembered. She was still glaring at me, clearly not in the mood to laugh. "Oh right, sorry..."
"What do you want,  LeeTeuk?" She leaned back and crossed her arms, "I told you I needed time to think... And you were the one who said I should be careful when KangIn isn't around." I began to feel extremely guilty again. I had made her feel bad for what I was feeling, which she had no control over. 
"I know, and I'm so sorry I didn't know what I was thinking. I would've called you, but you ignored all my calls then EunHyuk, who was probably with HyoYeon by the way-" She smirked slightly, "saw you and told me you were here, so." 
"And?" Her eyebrow rose as she was waiting for me to get to the point.

"And, uh... And..." My cheeks began to burn as a drop of sweat rolled down my forehead. TaeYeon groaned and grabbed her coat and bag then began to stand but I reached out to pull her back down. She backed away from my hand, "No wait, please." TaeYeon remained standing so I awkwardly stood up with her. "I know this is going to sound crazy, and you're going to think I'm insane, but please just listen to me." She leaned on one leg and put her arms on her hips. "Uh."
"LeeTeuk, look. You don't have to explain yourself. You're right, I really shouldn't be all touch-y with you, especially since I'm dating KangIn. And I'm going to refrain myself from doing so now. Okay?" A lock of her hair fell to her face and it took me everything not to tuck it behind her ear. TaeYeon simply brushed it back with her slender fingers.

"No, you aren't even doing anything wrong!" I grabbed her by the shoulders, "I don't know what I was thinking, you aren't doing anything!" She shook my hands off and I quieted down because people began to look. "TaeYeon please, I just... Ugh!" I wanted to tell her, I need to tell her. But I was too afraid. Too afraid to hear the words that I knew she would say... I looked down to my feet and exhaled. "I know you're probably really annoyed with me, and I really want to tell you, but I can't. I probably look ridiculous right now too hah."

"What are you trying to say...?" I felt her hand rest on my shoulder as she looked into my eyes. Her voice was soft and her warm breath hit my face. I felt my head turn and go in circles.  She literally has the kindest heart ever. "We can talk outside if you don't want people to see us..." I agreed and she left her money on the table, thanking the waitress who - again - offered if I wanted anything. We quickly stepped out of the restaurant and back into the cool winter air. "Okay, what is it?" My phone started to ring in my pocket. I checked the caller ID and it said KangIn. 

"I'm so sorry, I don't want to be rude, but I need to take this." She nodded and I walked a few feet away, "What is it?"

"Hey bro, listen. I need you to do something for me." 
"Yeah anything, what's up?" What could he possibly need from me?
"I left my gift for TaeYeon in my desk drawer at home, can you give it to her? I would give it to her myself, but frankly I'm way too embarrassed. And you guys seem tight, so can you please do that for me? Thanks bye." Before I could say anything, he had already hung up. Standing a few more seconds with the phone to my face, my head tilted down and I sighed again. KangIn even noticed how close we were. My own brother saw how TaeYeon and I acted. Was he concerned? Or jealous? Or did he not even mind it at all? This wasn't fair for him. How am I going to do this...? I put my phone away and walked back to the girl waiting for me. I glanced down to meet eyes with her. She hadn't bothered to wear make up today, not expecting to see anyone. Who was I kidding? She didn't need makeup.

Her beautiful brown eyes looked right back into mine. I noticed the way her lips were pulled to a pout and her small nose was reddening due to the cold. She still looked perfect. I pulled my scarf off and wrapped it around her, which she looked back at me with a confused look. I could only think of KangIn now after that call.  

 


"That was KangIn, do you mind coming to our dorm? He has something to give you."