Chapter 22

My Brother's Girlfriend

", , ..." I mumbled as Yoona walked out of sight and back into the darkness of the night. TaeYeon released her grip from my arm as I pulled my phone from my pocket. My heart thumped loudly as I read the name on my phone. DongHae. Wait, DongHae? Why was he calling me? "Hello?"
"Dude, Yoona just sent me a picture... You and TaeYeon were like, making out or something. But anyway, what were you thinking?" She sent it to DongHae?

"Wait, wait, wait... What did you just say?" I pressed the phone closer to my ear. TaeYeon was wide-eyed behind me, still trying to let the situation sink in. I couldn't imagine how nervous she felt, then I noticed her hands were shaking vigorously against her side. I took ahold of it, not sure if she was shivering from the cold, or from what just happened. The sides of her lip twitched ever so slightly.

"Yoona," he hissed into the phone. I tensed as the memory entered my mind. I wasn't the only one affected when Yoona and I broke up. DongHae was best friends with Yoona. They shared everything since they were in the same age group. I was sometimes jealous on how close they were, but I never spoke up about it. When we separated, DongHae refrained himself from speaking to her. I insisted that it would be okay, seeing that it'd be selfish for me to stop their friendship. However, he said our relationship was far more important than the one with her."She messaged me the picture of you and TaeYeon. Dude, do you know how much trouble you could be in if she had sent that to KangIn? LeeTeuk?" A wave of relief ran down my body. Why didn't she send that to KangIn like she said she did?

"So, she didn't send it to him...?" In a matter of seconds, I went from absolute fear, to relief. KangIn still had no idea about what had happened, and thank God for that.

"Not that I know of. Did you and TaeYeon clear things up...?" I heard how uncomfortable he sounded. Even though we had talked about it the night before, he still wasn't happy that I was going behind KangIn's back. Neither was I, though.

"I don't know, I think so." I looked down at the girl beside me. Her face had a confused look to it. I smiled gently and gripped her hand tighter as she wrapped her other arm around mine, "But I really need to talk to KangIn soon."

"He'll be back tomorrow," This surprised me. From what KangIn said, he wouldn't be back for another two days. "He finished sooner than expected, so he thought he'd just come back now. Save us some money, that's for sure." DongHae chuckled into the phone. I smirked at his comment and was glad he didn't say anything else about what happened. We ended the conversation and before I faced TaeYeon again, I called the taxi service to come to my address in ten minutes. I shoved my phone into my pocket and finally looked at TaeYeon. Her eyes were clouded with concerned  and her lips were pulled into a tight line.

"I'm guessing that wasn't KangIn?" TaeYeon's voice brought me back into reality and I nodded. 

"Yeah, Yoona sent that to DongHae instead. I don't know why, maybe she mixed it up, but that was a close call." I began walking back the direction towards my dorm, bringing TaeYeon with me, "KangIn's coming back tomorrow, since he finished earlier." She walked beside me in silence, taking the information in. "We're going to have to tell him as soon as possible... Are you sure you want to be there when I tell?"

"For sure," Her fingers held onto mine tightly, "I can't imagine what he'd do to you..." My heart fluttered at her words. "I'm scared." I heard her whisper quietly as we reached my apartment. I pulled open the front door and motioned her to walk ahead of me. We entered the warm building, letting the heat come back to our toes and fingers. 

"Why?" The door shut slowly behind us. "Why are you scared?" The girl across from me leaned back onto the wall behind her and stared intently at her feet. They were pointed towards each other and her fingers were tightly intertwined in front of her coat. I noticed how she nervously twirled her thumbs.

 

"I don't know, I..." A slight blush creeped onto her plump cheeks, "Will we... Right away date or, will he just ban us from seeing or talking to each other, or what if I don't even want to date after we break up and I wasted your time, oh my G-" She caught her words and bit her bottom lip, causing it to redden slightly. I exhaled and pushed myself off the wall, bringing myself towards TaeYeon. She glanced up with curiosity as my steps stopped in front of her. I brought her into a tight embrace and held her close, "LeeTeuk..." I felt her faint heartbeat against our thick coats.

"Listen," I whispered into her ear as she leaned her head against my chest. "Don't worry about it. If you don't feel like dating right after, I'd understand. KangIn can't stop me from seeing you, and I'll make sure of it." She held onto my waist tighter, "Take your time, I can wait a littler longer." I smirked and laid my cheek on the crown of her head. She let out a loud sigh before nodding and pulling away slightly, arms still wrapped around me. "Hm?" 

"Thanks." TaeYeon grinned, showing her dimple for a brief moment. I snickered and gently released TaeYeon, taking a few steps back towards the wall. The look of shock crossed her face as she placed a hand on her hip, I rose my eyebrow. "Did I say you could let go?" Her voice wavered at the end before she giggled slightly.

"You've got to be kidding," I smiled at her while staying the same distance away. I didn't  dare make anymore physical contact, being afraid that it'd mess up her mind some more. She needed time to be alone, and me acting as if we were already a couple wouldn't help any of us.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" She pursed her lips. My heart raced and my mind went crazy. I couldn't get over how adorable she looked - it was alluring. I didn't care that her nose was still bright red from the cold. I didn't care her lips were still a blue-ish purple. Her cheeks were still bright pink, but she still looked captivating. My hands itched to pinch her cheeks. Maybe a little physical contact couldn't hurt. I made my way towards her for the second time, looking straight into her eyes. Her smile wavered as I came just inches from her. TaeYeon took a few steps back but stopped when the wall hit her back. "What are you doing?" I grinned and rose my hand to pinch her cheek. "Oppa, please, I'm not a kid," She rolled her eyes and lightly pulled my hand away. Without realizing, my hand smoothly slid to hold onto the side of her face while my other arm extended out and onto the wall. My eyes shifted from hers, to her lips. What I would give to kiss her full, sweet, plump lips again. I already forgot what they felt like against mine. Wait, what was I thinking? LeeTeuk, what are you doing? 

"Oh sorry to make you feel uncomfortable again," I silently beat myself up while sliding my hand off her cheek. She stopped it with her own hand, "TaeYeon?" 

"It's not uncomfortable," TaeYeon giggled under her breath. I smiled and leaned in closer so our foreheads were touching. TaeYeon's innocent brown eyes gleamed as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I removed my hand from her cheek and s my arm around her waist, still keeping my other hand pressed against the wall.

"Are you sure about that?" I huskily responded as my nose brushed against hers. Her breathing stopped and I smirked to myself. She was irresistible. "Do you mind?" I breathed out as I brushed my lips against hers.

"Not at all." Her lips moved just slightly against mine which caused my blood to boil. Right as I was about to close the gap, I heard a loud honk from outside, causing my head to turn. I groaned and leaned away, bringing my arm back to my side and leaning away.

"Taxi's here." I knew how the taxi drivers here in Seoul worked. They were busy people and if you weren't down when you said you were, they'd drive away. "You should hurry home." I brushed her bangs out of her face and kissed her forehead. "I'll come over tomorrow with DongHae so we can go pick up KangIn, alright?" I spoke as I pulled away. TaeYeon nodded disappointedly and began walking out the door. Before taking a step out, she turned around and smiled, running back towards me. "You'll be late!" I laughed. She stood on her tippy toes and pecked my lips. My eyes opened widely.

"Bye, oppa! See you tomorrow!" My mind went crazy and I couldn't find the words to respond, so I slightly waved back as she exited the building and hopped into the taxi. My fingers reached onto my lips and rubbed them slowly before pulling them into a smile.
What a silly girl.