6 new students

'Project X'

Previously on Project X...

You almost got the story out of D.O...

"Do you happen to know...some one called Luhan?" 

"...Luhan?...As in Sehun's-"

"D.O hyung?"

"Eek! There he is! Luhan!" 

"Sorry manager, i think i...left the gas on at home, sorry i need to go"

And EXO-K make up for the money you spent on them...

"What are you guys doing?" 

"Helping you" 

"No funny business- 'Mr barista'~"

 

You closed the store for the day with EXO-K's help. "Ah~! I'm sooo tired!~" Chanyeol cried, flinging himself onto a seat. You turned to face EXO-K  after turning the 'open' sign to 'close' and noticed how exhausted they'd looked. Who would have thought that 5 hours of working at Latte cafe would tire out these sugar-rushed aliens. "How much did we make?" Suho asked D.O who was behind the counter counting up the money. "Over 200,000" He replied, his eyes still concentrating on the money. "Great! a couple more days and we can pay you back in no time!" Sehun beamed. 

"Wait, is that what this is about?...You wanted to pay me back for the clothes?"

EXO-K slowly nodded their heads, unsure whether or not you'd be angry or happy about it. "Guys~ You didn't need to do that! I already work like 3 times a day- i could get that money in a weeks time" 

"But we wanted to help..." Chanyeol pouted and you softened. "Thank you...but you really don't have to-"

"We wanted to" Suho insisted. You look at EXO-K and they all stared at you back with sincerity. You didn't know what to say and just glared at them in confusion.

"You can't do everything by yourself Ji-Eun" Kai added and you looked at him, unsure of what to say next. Kai smiled at you, and this time it was a proper smile, not a smirk, but a friendly smile. "It's not like before anymore...you have us" 

'us'...the word made you feel warm on the inside. You were so used to doing things on your own...so used to people ignoring you and pushing you away...and finally you have people willing to lend you a hand, and it's these 6 boys in front of you. You sighed in content. "Thank you" You said with sincerity "...i really appreciate it and...if i haven't already said it...I'm sorry" you apologized, but EXO-k just look at each other in puzzlement. "Sorry for what?"

"Sorry for losing your Aphrodyt...and for anything else?"

Chanyeol pouted and spreaded his arms out to hug you again. "Don't say sorry Ji-Eun-ah~" Chanyeol reassured. Usually you'd shove him off but this time you smiled and hugged him back. Sehun joined in, hugging you from the side and you ruffled their hair teasingly. "Aigoo~ These two..." You laughed and looked at the rest of them. "No love?" You put your arms out signalling that there was more room. They looked at each other and with the shrug of the shoulders joined in for the playful group hug. Apart from D.O. You clicked your tongue against your teeth as you glared at D.O who just watched with his arms crossed. "D.O~" You teased. Kai joined in. "You know you want to~" They laughed. D.O shook his head. "Sorry guys! I don't hug..." He put his hands up in defense. Chanyeol and Sehun glance at each other to exchange knowing looks. "Get him!" They suddenly sprinted towards D.O with their arms out and D.O's eyes widened. "NO!" He bellowed as they chased him around the cafe. "Don't break anything!" Suho warned.

That night you fell fast asleep with warmth in your heart. Maybe opening up to EXO-K...wasnt so bad after all.

 

It was now a Monday morning. The weekend was spent with EXO-K helping out at latte cafe as you went out of did your other jobs and you had to admit- you don't know why you hadn't thought of it before, they work well apart from when Baekhyun wasn't the one doing the drinks. It reminded you that you needed to teach the others how to make latte's and drinks aswell. You just finished taking a shower and came out of the bathroom fully dressed in your school uniform. "Ji-Eun!" Sehun jumped out in front of you which made you jump out of your skin. "Oh god, you scared me Sehun" You noticed all of EXO-K already awake and in their casual clothes you had brought them. "Did you have a nice shower?" Kai smirked and you rolled your eyes away from him. "Awake already?" You asked them, surprised that they were bright eyed and brushy tailed by 7:00 am.

"We had a great idea last night!" "..." For some reason this 'best idea' already wasn't sounding so good. "What idea?" You glanced at Suho. He waved his hands in opposition. "For the record, it wasn't my idea! Professor was the one who sent us the message" 

"Professor? What did he say?"

"To enroll in your school" You paused, thinking that you heard Baekhyun wrong and bursting into laughter. "No seriously what did he say?" You waited for someone to tell you the truth, but the fact that no one would say anything else...made your face drop. "...You can't be serious right?" 

"Sorry Ji-Eun-shi, we don't really have a choice" Suho shrugged apologetically. You scoffed in disbelief- that's a horrible idea!. "My school? And for what reason would you want to go to my school?" 

"He thought that it'd be better for all of us if we stuck together for a while!" Chanyeol answered with enthusiasm. D.O nodded. "And we might be able to find the Aphrodyt quicker if we all look around you school together" 

You wanted to argue but in a way, you knew that in terms of finding their Aphrodyt, it was best. "Well...It's not that easy just to enroll in a school. There's papers you need to fill, application stuff to sign, a uniform and tuition fees to pay for as well...Would you be able to do that in like an hour?" 

An hour later...

"Amazing! You all filled out the papers and application forms perfectly! And by the looks of your resumes- I'd be surprised if you don't get a scholarship here!" 

You sat in the principles office... with 3 handsome boys sat at either side of you, all wearing the school uniform and somehow still making it look good. "You've got to be kidding me" You mumbled under your breathe, not believing how gullible your perky principle was being. 

"D.O- a championship league fencer?! And ex trainee to SM entertainment?! amazing!"

"Haha...yup, that's me!...ex trainee for SD-"

"SM" You whispered.

"SM entertainment!" D.O quickly corrected. The principle continued to read the resumes in amazement. "And Baekhyun- already accepted a conditional offer to Juilliard?! Quite the musician then aren't you? says here you sing as well!" He compliments. You subtly turn your head to face Baekhyun with a raised eyebrow but Baekhyun pulled a face that made it look as if he wanted to face-palm himself. I'll get him one day that Professor! He gritted his teeth together. "Well! All i can say boys is- Welcome to Baeson high school" He stuck his hand out, waiting for one of EXO-K to shake it...

"Shake his hand" You spoke through your teeth whilst leaning towards D.O. 

"What?" He did the same. 

"Grab onto his hand and shake it" You ordered. D.O did just that, literally grabbing his hand and shaking it up and down. The principle was a little confused, however he shook it off and let it pass. "Well I'll tell the receptionist to print off your new timetables. Ji-Eun, i hope that you will help these boys out" He gave you a friendly wink before you left the office. It only took a couple of minutes for the receptionist to print out 6 timetables. "H-Here you go" She stuttered, blushing as she handed them their sheets of paper. Suho took the paper to hand to you. "Thank you Miss" Suho thanked her with a gentleman's smile. You swore you saw her glasses fog up when she walked away. "Well you're here...not too late to run out of hell though..." You warned.  

"Either way, professor will give us hell if we don't find the Aphrodyt" Baekhyun remarked, but you didn't find it amusing and you sighed once more. "Fine, i tried to warn you..."

You led EXO-K towards each of their homeroom classes in the building, making sure to give them time to wonder their eyes around the place to start to get familiar with the place. The first class was Suho's. "Your homeroom class Suho" You told him. "Thanks Ji-Eun" He smiled and you patted his arm to send him off. Next was D.O's and Chanyeol's homeroom, and you didn't know whether to feel relieved that they had each other to reply on or the fact that the combination could cause something possibly quite dangerous. "This is your stop...Don't explode anything" You glanced at the two. Chanyeol pouted and crossed his arms in protest. "No! I want to be in your class Ji-Eun-ah~" He cried. 

"We all want to be in her class Chanyeol" Kai commented, but Chanyeol didn't budge. "No! I don't want to go!" 

"Go inside or no more hugs from Ji-Eun" Baekhyun spoke bluntly as a threat and suddenly Chanyeol was almost in tears. "NO! Ji-Eun-ah!" He called out to you for help.

"I'll see you at lunch Yeol, now just go in~" You persuaded and suddenly he had a bright grin on his face. "Okay!" "You're too easy" D.O rolled his eyes, grabbing Chanyeol by the arm and pulling him into the classroom. Next was Sehun's, who was grabbing onto you until the end. "Can i really not be in your class Ji-Eun?" He asked with puppy dog eyes. You had to admit, it was heartbreaking to say no to that face.

"You'll be fine Sehun" Baekhyun comforted. "Have fun" You added and Sehun slowly entered the class. Next was Baekhyun's classroom which was literally right opposite the same class as Sehun. "Good luck" you smiled at him as he was about to enter and he turned to you to smile back. "Thanks" He said before entering the classroom without any complaints. You heard some of the girls suddenly squeal right before he closed the door.

"Doing pretty well" the last remaining alien commented before snatched his timetable from your hands. "Hey! i need that to show you your homeroom!" You bared out your palm to ask for it back. But Kai glanced at it first. "It says it's the same as yours" He grinned, and just for that, you didn't believe him. "Yeah right, seriously what room does it say?" 

"S124" 

"...Seriously what room does it say?" you repeated, still not believing him. Kai rose and eyebrow and held the paper in front of your face for you to see. "S-1-2-4..." He repeated once more in slow motion. You furrowed your eyebrows and checked...Damn it allHe was right. Really? out of all of them it has to be the erted alien? You sighed, blowing away a strand of your hair from your face whilst glaring at Kai menacingly. "How did you know my room was S124?" 

"I guess I'm just that good" He smirked again. "Oh how modest~" You said with sarcasm before walking off and Kai followed you. You came to the homeroom that was basically on the other side of the oddly shaped building but froze before opening the door. You turned to Kai with the same menacing eyes which only seemed to confuse him. "What?" He asked. 

"I would have warned the others if i had the time but...My school doesn't have the nicest people on earth. So, unless you want to end up like me then i suggest you talk to the right people, and walk away from the right people- got that?" 

Kai blinked at you- not quite following. "So you want me to..." he waited for you to finish for him.

"Just do what you think is right for you and what makes you happy to stay in this school- you'll have a much better high school social life that way okay?" The menacing glare you were giving him at first somehow turned into a worried expression and Kai happened to notice. "Worried about me now are you?" 

You pull a face at him. "Tsh!" You tusked before entering the classroom. You saw your homeroom teacher at the front and everyone had already taken their seats. "Good for you to join us Ji-Eun" He greeted, obviously quite annoyed that you've already missed half of homeroom.

"Tardy again~" One of the jocks in your class teased and his friends wooed and sniggered along with him. You blanked them and gestured to Kai to come in whilst on your way to hand the teacher a note.

"I was helping some new students...sorry" You apologized.

Kai decided to step in and immediately all the girls straightened their backs and gossip echoed across the classroom. Kwon Hana especially had her eyes sparkling with stars and love hearts the moment he walked in and batted her eyelashes whilst chewing her gum. Hello Hottie~ She twirled a strand of her hair around her finger hoping for Kai to notice. Kai glanced around the classroom as he entered as saw her but didn't take any notice. He just continued to stroll your way and lean over you back to look over your shoulders about what you were discussing with the teacher. Shock shot up from the girls as they saw how close he got to you and Hana gawked so wide that her chewing gum could fall out of . Did he just...he saw me right!? He looked at me! how can he ignore me?! And for her?!

You were pretty shocked yourself when you turned your face and saw Kai was just a tad too close to you. "Kai!" You quetly scolded him and he just looked at you, oblivious. "What?" He asked. He knew what you were scolding him for, but wanted to play innocent to see how you'd react. You shook your head, thinking it was useless to explain and left the note for the teacher before making your way to your seat at the back of the classroom when suddenly one of the boys puts his legs up onto his friends desk beside him and you almost fall over it. You look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Don't fall, it gets you down" He laughed amusingly and so did the rest of the classroom. You gritted your teeth before sighing. What kind of a joke was that? You couldn't be bothered arguing and just walked the other way when suddenly Hana decided to stick out her foot and you landed smack-bang on your knees.

"Ah-!" You quietly urged at the pain and Kai reflexively jerked his hand out towards you, however no one noticed. Laughter erupted in the class whilst you picked yourself up and sent the evils to the girl you knew tripped you up on purpose. She looked at you back as if she didn't know hot from cold. "Don't blame me whenever you fall clumsy" She sniggered.

"Alright! Alright now...Ji-Eun, get to your seat" The teacher ordered. "I would if i could" you mumbled to yourself, adjusting your backpack on your shoulders before you finally took your seat. You looked up to see Kai staring at you, frustrated. What's up with him? You wondered. 

"Alright class! As you can probably tell, we have a new student joining us today, Kai if you would like to introduce yourself..."

"...Kim Jongin...but you can call me Kai" 

"Hi Kai~!" The girls replied and you shook your head in disbelief. As expected from the playboy. 

"Very well, Kai you may take a seat" The teacher cocked him head towards the class. Kai took a moment to look around before taking casual strides towards the guy with his legs still up on his friends desk. He stopped there and shot him a look that could cut paper. "...Move".

The boy pulled a face. "What did you just say?"

Kai stared at him, almost emotionless. You mess with our Ji-Eun, you mess with us. He subtly flicked his wrist upwards and the boys chair hurdles backwards. "WHOA!" He fell flat on the floor and some of the students couldn't refrain their laughter. "'Don't fall...it get's you down'" He quoted with an intimidating smirk before stepping over him and taking his seat that was right next to you. Your jaw had dropped open to begin with, now that he was right beside you, you turned towards him with a look that almost said you were going to bury him alive. "What did i just say to you?!" You scolded in a whisper. Kai tilted his head. "To do what makes me happy?" "Yeah- but you- and i just- Rule number 1!" You reminded him about the 'no powers' policy. 

"He fell by himself"

"Do you really expect me to believe that?!" 

"You know me so well" He smiled happily to your frustration. 

"Ugh!" You groaned hopelessly whilst face-palming yourself. You could barely handle one...how can you manage 6?!