Welcome!

'Project X'

Previously on Project X…

“Don’t you think it’s just a little bit suspicious? Even if she’s not against us- there must be something up with her right?”

EXO-K are suspecting you a little...

“What. Is. THIS?!”

“Power Capture”

However this little game crossed the line...

This is my house. NOT a frickin battle field for one of your stupid little games!”

And now- they’ve gone a bit too far.

“You think we did something really bad…?”

“Get out…” 

 

Your eyelids rise as the sound of trickling rain and thunder gracefully wakes you up in the middle of the night. The fact that it wasn’t the alarm clock that is waking you up meant that it must be before 6:oo am. You sat up on your bed, rubbing the crust from your eyes before checking your glow-in-the-dark alarm clock that read 4:25 am. You sigh to yourself. Well, I won’t be able to get back to sleep now…You turn on your desk lamp, brightening up your room…which was still in the same messy state that EXO-K left it. 

You couldn’t be bothered and didn’t have the energy to clean it up before going to bed last night, so you just left it…the soil from your plants that D.O was playing around with is still all over the place, your things are still scattered everywhere, your furniture are still re-positioned and burnt. You rub your face stressfully and turn to your bedside table, where you had took out your prized photo and placed it over the broken glass of the photo frame so that you can still see it and hung the chain of your crystal necklace over the corner or the frame for the crystal to display its transparency and beauty. You smile half-heartedly at it and see your guitar, which to your relief was the only thing that the boys didn’t harmI wonder what they’re doing…

 

Why can’t we go back to Professors place?~” Sehun whined.

“If we go back empty-handed, Professor will shave my head” Suho scoffed. “Staying here for the night is the best way…”

“Suho…Do I have to do this all night?” D.O questioned. The rest of the members apart from him are sat on the floor, their knees up towards their chests, whereas D.O sat there cross legged, his hands out as he stabilized their little earth dome over their heads. He’d been using his powers to create them shelter from the rain for the past 2 hours and seems to almost be at his limit.

“E-er, sorry Kyungsoo-ah, just a little more time then we’ll switch” Suho reassured.

“You think we really upset her?” Chanyeol looks up at s.

“…” None of them replied. They could only look at each other for answers.

“I guess she’s got more going on than we thought” Baekhyun sighed whilst massaging his neck. “But what I’m wondering is…” He rolled his eyes towards the dark figure shrivelling away at the other end of the rock shelter, a heavy depressed aura emitting and suffocating the small space. “Why is it that that kid over there is turning into a black hole as we speak?”

“He won’t talk- I’ve already tried” Chanyeol shrugs his shoulders.

“Probably feeling depressed about seeing a girl cry for the first time” D.O added, focusing his power with his eyes closed as he still converses with the members.

“Put a rock in it D.O” Kai groaned inaudibly, his head still stuck to his knees. 

“She was crying?” Sehun pouted, feeling even guiltier.

“Pfft! We didn’t even do anything that bad- we were only playing”

“You guys trashed her house!”

“And she can’t clean it up?!” D.O argues.

ZIIINNNNNGGG~ ZIIINNNNGGG~ a loud ringing came from Suho and he rapidly searched his body, taking out a flashing small blue device and answers it. “Professor?”

“[Boys~! Is everyone gathered together?]” Professors voice replies through the device, a blue light flashing at the beat of his voice.

“Yeah, number 3695- Suho”

“Number 3075- Park Chanyeol”

“Number 9655- Sehun”

“Number 7347- Do Kyungsoo a.k.a D.O”

“Number 1029- Byun Baekhyun”

“…”

“[…Kai not with you?]”

Suho awkwardly laughs before turning to Kai “Kim Jongin!” He quickly scolded; and they know he means business when he called them by their real names.

“Number 1565- Kim Jongin…” Kai responded lifelessly. 

“[So all 6 of you are present?]”

“Well 5 and a half” Baekhyun referred to Kai, who still remained in his dark corner.

“[Have you found the Aphrodyt yet?]”

“E-Er, well, no, not exactly…”

“[You better hurry guys, you know it’s not good if you go on without it for too long]”

“…Yeah we know” Suho swallowed. “Why did you call? Something wrong?”

“[...Yes, I’m afraid something is slightly wrong]”

“What’s the matter?” Chanyeol anxiously asked.

“[…I’ll explain that to you later on. Right now I have a new mission for you; although I do recommend finding the Aphrodyt first]”

 “A new mission?” Sehun repeats.

“[It’s a little risky, but you’re going to have to trust me on this one boys…]”

 EXO-K turn to each other in curiosity.

“We’re listening…” Baekhyun retorts.

“[I want you to find someone. And no worries she’s not harmful, nor do I think she’s dangerous-]”

“’She’?” Suho repeats.

“[Yes. A school girl]”

“And why do you want us to find this school girl exactly?” D.O asks, his eyes were still closed so that he could focus on the shelter, but his eyebrow rose.

“[…I want you to work with her from now on- with this girl]”

“Why should we?”

“[She’s the key to your mission…And her father is one of the superiors]”

Their eyes widened.

“But professor that’s-“

“[Now hear me out boys. It’s a bit of a thin rope we’re walking on but I think she will cooperate, it’s important that you make sure that she does]”

Suho gave it a thought, glancing at the members hesitant faces and then sighing.

“Okay. Acknowledged, so who’s this girl?”

“[…Well first she’s a little different]”

“Ha! Believe us she nowhere near different to the girl we were with” D.O scoffed.

“[She lives above a bakery I think it is]”

Baekhyun smiled curiously “Funny, that’s almost just like-“

“[Her name is Han Ji-Eun…]”

“……..WHAT?!”

DOOOSSHH!

“Ah!~ ! D.O!”

“Not my fault!!" 

Believe it or not you decided to get up early today, since you’re the kind of person who can’t get back to sleep once they’ve been woken up. But usually if you had school- you’d just lay around in bed until your alarm clock goes off, but today you’re off timetable in the morning to go to work. You change yourself into your school uniform and decided to head out to clear your head a bit before work starts in 2 hours. The sky is getting beautifully brighter- without a single sight of a cloud in the sky, however you weren’t deceived and did the right thing in wearing your coat and scarf out with you.

You walk along the deserted streets, as expected; no one would be crazy enough to come out at 5 am in the middle of winter unless they suddenly remembered that they needed something from a 24 hour store near here. You brought your guitar along with you; you figured that it wouldn’t hurt. You aimlessly stroll down the empty boulevard…realizing only now that something is bugging you. Were you really okay with this?...Just leaving 6 ‘aliens’ to wonder around Seoul as if you hadn’t met them. It sounds crazy, but just the thought of them around Seoul worries you. They could easily destroy a few buildings and burn down a village and if that happens you can only blame yourself for letting them cause havoc. Why should I be worried? I don’t hold any responsibilities for them? They can do what they want- it has nothing to do with me…right? You halt your steps to think. And surely they aren’t stupid enough to do any of that…sure they have deadly weapons and powers but it doesn’t mean that they’ll do anything bad…right? The more you attempted to persuade yourself, the more you became convinced that you’re the one guilty for letting them go off on their own. How frustrating. No! I’m not thinking about this right now! I should be clearing my head~ You continue to walk. Yeah…I probably will never see them again!  My life can return back to the way it-

“Well, well, well- look who we have here…”

“…?!” You sharply turned your head to the familiar voice and you mouth gaped open when you see the middle aged police man who has been trying to catch you for your street license for over a year wearing a high-vis vest, he must have been on duty around here- worst timing ever. He stood there with a smug smile, his hands awkwardly buried in his pants as he strolls towards you.

“What are we doing early in the morning huh- Han Ji-Eun?”

“E-Er, well I er-“

“Oh~ And you’ve got your guitar with you…” he gestures towards your guitar. You panicked, weather it was because you weren’t confident that you couldn’t run away in time or not- you don’t really know, but for some reason the fact that there’s a police officer here during the situation you’re in now- made you even more anxious.

“No- I wasn’t going to- I mean I have my guitar but I wasn’t going to…OH MY GOD- IS THAT GIRLS GENERATION?!”

“Wha-!?” The police man eagerly spun around and you legged it down the other direction. “YA! JI-EUN!” the man finally noticed you running down the icy road and followed you. You ran with cautiousness, and even with that you were able to slip and pick yourself up twice. “Oh great Ji-Eun- you pick now to be clumsy again?!” you groan to yourself, quickly trying to pick yourself up, however it was too late, the police man, panting in exhaustion as he was, was able to catch up to you and grabbed you by the arm.

“Got…ya…” He uttered under his breathe.

“Office Lee, is something wrong?” Another police officer, probably from a different department seeing as how their uniforms were different, came up to you.

“Yes, this girl has been performing in these streets countless times without a street license!” He tattled on you like a child but gave you the disapproving finger point like an old man.

“Pft! And your evidence?” you scoffed, doubting that it’d work.

“Witnesses!” The man glared at you with a stern voice and deep; menacing voice.

“Young lady- do you or do you not have a street license?” the other officer asked.

“Er, well I…No sir…” You clear your throat- guilty as charged.

“Well, I’m afraid if we don’t have get your parent; guardian to sign the papers for a street license, we’re going to have to take you into further questioning”

“M-My parents?” You stuttered.

“Yes…unless you want to explain yourself now?”

“I-I just need money to feed me and the other children in the same orphanage as me~ do I really need a street license?~”

 

You made up the sob story and pretend to burst into tears, covering your eyes with your fluffy arm warmers, secretly wondering whether it’d work on them or not.

“Which orphanage?” The grumpy police officer questions doubtfully. You peered at them and point to a random direction.

“T-The one…over there?” “Nice try” He commented as you give up on the sob story.

“Where are your parents and what are their contact numbers? We’ll need to have a little chat with them” The other officer sighed.

“My parents…” you thought to yourself. What were you going to say? Your father is their boss…even if you said that would they even believe you? And even if you said that, you have no clue where the hell he is and you don’t have a single clue as to how to contact him. “My parents…” You repeated to stall time.

“Oh! Ello, ello, ello, what’s the big ruckus ‘ere then chaps?”

“…?” You all turn to the weird English cockney accent who suddenly appeared next to them, a tall figure wearing the same police uniform as the other police officer, a fake mustache on his upper lip and a pair of tainted brown sunglasses on the bridge of his nose…yet why is it that you knew EXACTLY who this person is 

“…And who are you?” Officer Lee questions. The ‘police officer’ with the thick accent cleared his throat before taking out one of those wallets that confirmed their membership in the department.

“Police officer Yeol of London! Just came! Pleased to meet ya lads!” He stuck out the wallet and moved it around in front of Officer Lee's face so that he couldn't read the thing properly.

“Now!  What appears to be the big dilly-daffle ‘ere?”

You wanted to facepalm yourself at the ridiculous accent.

“Oh…well, we’re dealing with this little lady right here- she hasn’t got her street license” The officer explained briefly, his eyes looking rather confused and suspicious of this bizarre person.

“Preposterous! I bet you chaps all the butter nuggets in my grand mummy’s piggy bank that this little filly ‘ere has fully attained her street license!”

“She says she doesn’t have it”

“…” He froze for a moment “How preposterous! Youngsters these days! The lot of ‘em! Tell ya what chappies! Let’s not let this trouble-making filly take up any of your tick-ticking time!” He dashed towards you and grabbed you by the shoulders. “I’ll take this filly to the gingymabobin- police place myself! Come on now!” He pushed you forward as the two of you walk away.

“Yeol! What are you doing?” You quietly murmured to him.

“Shhhh!” He quietly shushed you back. “Cheerio lads! Butternut, tea cups and all that” He chuckled to the dumbfounded officers before successfully pushing you around the corner, out of their sights. Right then you violently grabbed his wrist and drag him into a 24 hour store with no one in it.

“Yeol, what are you doing?” you put your hands on your hips.

“Vas? Ve do not sveak since yesterday and ve suddenly cannot visit anymore?” He continues to speak to you with a sudden change in ridiculous accent and you pull at face at him.

“Okay- you just went from being an English policeman to a Transylvanian moron”

“I do not know wot you mean, man~” “Jamaican” “Oh come on it’s fun!” He finally returned to his regular deep and charming voice.

“Goodbye” you huffed as you attempt to walk out of the 24 hour store.

“Wait! Wait!” He dashed in front of you before you could walk any further. “Okay! We need to talk to you…please? It’ll only take a couple minutes” He pleaded with his hands together. You sighed at his desperation.

“…Where are they?” “At your house” “They’re what?!” you screamed at him before Chanyeol jolted at the volume. “Why are they at my house?!”

“J-Ji-Eun-ah~ You’re scary!” He joked, but you weren’t in the mood.

“Urgh!” You rushed out of the store and towards the direction of your house, Chanyeol following you as you did so.

You got to Latte Café once again and snatched out your keys to unlock the front door, vigorously swinging it open.

“W-Wait! Ji-Eun-ah- OW!” the glass door hit him right in the forehead when you slam the door on him, yet he still continued to follow you in. “We’re just-”

You rushed up the stairs, prepared for a full on scolding on them however...

“What are you guys…”  what you saw completely blanked your chain of thought.

It was clean. Everything- the soil, your things, the burnt patches- all of it was back to the way it was, and possibly even cleaner.

“Surprise~?” Chanyeol urged with an awkward laugh, coming up the stairs and joining s who all stood beside your bed with anticipating expressions. “Er, we felt kind bad so…”

“So we help you clean up a bit” Sehun shrugged his shoulders with a shy smile. You turned to your bedside table and see a clear new photo frame with the same photo of your parents inside along with your crystal necklace. A content smile lip up on your face. 

“You guys did all this?” you ask, feeling rather grateful to them.

“Yeah well…We did kinda mess it up so…” D.O couldn’t look at you in the eye and instead fiddled with his fingers whilst finally admitting to his crime.

“It didn’t take too long anyway” Kai added with a shrug of the shoulders. 

“…If we did anything to upset you…Then we’re sorry Ji-Eun-shi…” Suho apologized in a sincere tone.

“Forgive us?” Chanyeol sweetly smiled. You were touched, you hadn’t thought that they’d be nice enough to come back and clean up the mess for you…

“Lemme guess…still need that Aphrodyt huh?” you crossed your arms.

“Well there’s that…and there’s something else” Baekhyun retorted mysteriously to which you raised an eyebrow at. 

“Something else?” You repeated. “What else is there?” 

Kai chuckled deviously before stepping towards you. “You’re a sneaky one Ji-Eun…and as we thought- you were hiding something”

“…Hiding what?” you genuinely felt confused at that point.

“We know that your dad’s a Superior” Baekhyun stated, to which you froze on the spot.

“Oh!~” Busted you thought, awkwardly laughing at yourself. “That little detail!”

The 6 of them nod in unison. You didn't know what else to say. "What about it?" You still felt confused about what they want you to say or even to do, but you could tell that they were still a little cautious of their actions. 

“You’re…not with them right?” Sehun asked you and you decide to finally open up to them.

“No…They asked me to but…I won’t” you rolled your eyes, placing your guitar down and flopping onto your bed. The members glanced at each other.

“Why not?” Suho asked further, carefully sitting beside you on your bed. You were hesitant for a moment…but maybe it was time for you to open up to someone for once…even if they were from another dimension.

“…My so-called ‘father’ hasn’t talked to me in years…he hasn’t even once come to Latte café after my mother died eight years ago…”

Baekhyuns eyes softened at you. So her mother passed away... “I’ve been living like this since my mother died when I was nine years old…paying my own rent and school tuition fees…I’ve been struggling to live whilst he’s been traveling around the world for work. As much as I’d hate to hold a grudge, I don’t want to be used as a last resort when he can’t do anything for himself” you explain, your voice unknowingly shaking. Kai bit his bottom lip. That's why she always does things alone Kai realized.

“We believe you…” Suho said with a gentle smile as he patted you on the shoulder. 

“…” You glanced at them, noticing the sympathy in their eyes, even D.O felt touched and smiled ever so slightly for you. “…If there a reason why you guys are still here besides that?” At that question, Baekhyun reached for something in his pockets. Suho seemed rather speechless. “Well we kinda of um-“

“Professor!”

Everyone turned to Baekhyun who seemed to have randomly yelled at a hologram screen in front of him.

“[Baekhyun? Why are you calling now?]”

Your mouth gaped open at the hologram of an old looking grandpa with round glasses and silver hair.

“We need some help explaining”

“[What? You found her already? That was quick!]”

“Wasn’t that hard” Kai added and Sehun suddenly grabbed your wrist and dragged you in front of the hologram. “Say hi to professor!” Sehun suggested with a wide grin. You awkwardly waved to the old man with a crooked smile.

“Um hello~” You saw the professor grin at you brightly.

“[Ji-Eun-shi! Yes boys- This is the girl!]”

“I’m the girl?” you repeated in complete confusion, pointing towards yourself in disbelief. Suho stood up from your bed to join in with the conversation.

“[Yes dear! You are the girl! The girl of the prophecy!]”

“I’m sorry, I’m not getting this- I’m just the girl that lost you’re ‘Aphrodyt’ thing- nothing else”

“[No…you’re much more than that dear. You must guide these boys and help them through their mission otherwise…something very unfortunate will happen to your dimension…]”

“…What?” You were at a loss of words “That’s…that’s a little too much for me to comprehend I’m afraid- I mean I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do-“

“[Don’t worry dear…Just help them out and everything will go the way fate has planned]”

“…That easy?”

“[That easy]” he nodded with a reassuring smile. “[You as well boys…Take care of her properly. Professor over and out!]”

“Whoa! Wait!” The hologram disappeared before you could stop him.

“And that’s that!” Kai retorted, putting the device back into his pockets and shrugging his shoulders.

“Wait- you don’t seriously believe this stuff right?” You started to panic once more.

“We have no choice” Chanyeol shrugged, taking of his sunglasses.

“Well what if I don’t agree to it?”

“Then we’re fully equipped with deadly weapons and super powers” D.O stated in a serious tone.

“…Welcome to Latte Café!” 

 

----

Finally! The real story can start! XD. It's a long chapter i know, and it's a little rushes i will admit. But now i can finally really get into the story. Remember to comment and subscribe if you liked it ^^~