Another Bet

'Project X'

"Rin! Another mocha for table seven, make it a cold one!" You yelled to Rin who'd now returned to Latte cafe and started working behind the counter with the drinks. The weekend came quickly surprisingly enough. People flooded in during the morning, but now that it was almost half past 3 in the afternoon, it was starting to die down. 

"Okay~" Rin sung. She's been in such a great mood ever since you introduced EXO-K to her, and they won her approval far too quickly at that. Of course you'd left out the whole superpower and 'different-dimension' part and went with the whole 'volunteer' story. So far she'd taken a special liking in them, which you figured was good; better than being the opposite afterall. "Tell Kai or D.O to stop cleaning tables and help you with the orders!" She suggested as you walked to the next table, you would turn around to refuse the offer but you didn't want to check if she had a smug smile on her face or not.

Even though there weren't many people left in the cafe, you were still buzzing around trying to take orders and take the empty cups and plates away, passing EXO-K without a care in the world. They watched as you hummed your way pass them as if they were invisible and all sighed in unison. 

"I can't keep up with her" Suho sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Nevertheless, none of us have been able to do the dare yet..." D.O reminded. 

"Let's just give up on-"

"No! We will do it!" Chanyeol snapped at Baekhyun. There was a pause before they sighed together once again. Rin detected the gloom cloud over their heads and went over to them since there weren't many orders at the counter yet. 

"What's wrong boys?" Rin grinned. "Dishearted because a girl has more stamina than you?" She teased as she watched you smile and chat with the customers. Sehun laughed awkwardly

"Haha, no not really..." 

"Rin, does Ji-Eun-ah by any chance have...Superpowers? You know like- medusa style?" Chanyeol asked, gesturing his fingers into glasses. Rin peered at him, almost suspicious.

"Medusa?" She repeated, suddenly laughing as if he'd just told her such a bad joke that it was funny. 

"Basically...have you ever looked into her eyes for more than ten seconds before?" Suho came to the rescue with a clearer point. But Rin gave him a look just as suspicious. 

"Well i've never really counted it before but yeah, i'm sure i have at one point-"

"REALLY?!" 6 boys pounced at her, making Rin jump out of her skin. 

"Yeah sure, why wouldn't i?" She laughed, finding their surprised expressions amusing. 

"We've been trying for days and none of us could do it yet" Baekhyun told her. 

"Please ssaem*! Teach us how?" Chanyeol begged. (*ssaem; basically short for teacher) Rin glanced at them before finally understanding the situation. 

"So...you want to look into her eyes for more than 10 seconds?" She pointed towards you who was still oblivious to their conversation. They all nodded, although some more desperate than others. Then a mischievous smile lit up on her face before he faked a hopeless long sigh. "Have you boys never watched TV before or something?" She asked, the boys subtly glanced to each other, knowing it was best not to answer that question. "It's easy for me, since i'm a girl..." 

"So it's harder for us?" Sehun asked, almost whining. 

"But~ ...You wanna know how boys do it?" She raised both her eyebrows and they all glared at her, waiting for an answer. "Seduction" She finished. 

"Seduction?" D.O repeated, confirming that he didn't hear wrong. Rin nodded. 

"Seduction! Make her heart flutter before glaring into her eyes~ 10 seconds would fly by just like that!" She clicked her fingers.

"So...You mean like flirt with her?" Baekhyun asked, obviously not liking where this was going. Rin grinned at him. 

"Exact-"

"Rin! The orders are piling up you know!" You yelled at her, seeing the pile of orders you'd placed for miss invisible since the last couple of minutes. 

"Coming!~" Rin sung to you before turning back to EXO-K. "Remember- seduction!" She winked before returning to the counter. 

"...Seduction?" Suho tilted his head in thought, tapping his chin in thought.

"Would that work?" Sehun blinked. They'd never tried seducing a girl before, whether or not they could- they weren't so confident...apart from one that is.

Kai smirked, showing off that little ounce of his hidden confidence. "Only one way to find out...we all in?" Kai put his hand out. Everyone eventually putting their hands in...everyone apart from Baekhyun once again.

"You're kidding, right?" Baekhyun scoffed at them. "The stare dare is one thing but now we're adding a seduction essence into it?"

"Don't be a kill joy, Byunny~" Chanyeol whined. Baekhyun glanced at their faces, the faces that patiently waited for him to cave in and yes- he finally did. 

"Whatever" He sighed, effortlessly throwing his hands in. 

"Okay then boys...here's our next approach"

 

Latte cafe was now closed and Rin left a couple minutes after finishing up counting the money. And despite being the weekend, you only had one more job to attend to before you were done for the day. "Guys! I'm leaving to the Groovy Smoothie now!" You yelled from downstairs as you got your bag and winter wear ready.

"Okay!~" They all confirmed from upstairs. You peered towards the stairs as you stood by the front door. Usually they'd at least show their heads to you before you left...but all you heard was their voices this time. "Alright then...Behave!" You remarked before suspiciously leaving the cafe, not forgetting to lock the door as you left. 

"She's gone!" D.O announced. 

"Remember what we planned?" Suho asked as everyone- besides Baekhyun -nodded. Suho shot him a look as if to say 'Fix the attitude', but Baekhyun still wouldn't nod, forcing Chanyeol to grab his head and to do it manually. "Good" Suho remarked, more or less satisfied before they all scattered to prepare themselves, leaving Kai and Baekhyun behind in the living room. 

"You seem to be enjoying this" Kai scoffed sarcastically at him before carelessly flinging his body onto the couch. 

"And you are?" 

"Why wouldn't i?" He smirked. "After all, she hasn't picked who she likes best yet"

"..." Baekhyun paused, remembering that you'd trolled them the other day by saying out of all boys, you liked Junpei best for making the bread and cake for Latte cafe which of course to them- didn't count. "Ha, and you're saying that she'll have a favorite after today?" Baekhyun laughed at him as if to say it wasn't going to happen. Kai shrugged his shoulders.

"You never know, right?" He sprawled himself on the comfy couch and dangled his legs over the arm rest as he glared at Baekhyun, a recent memory suddenly popping up in his head. Baekhyun caught him staring and furrowed his eyebrows. 

"...What?" 

"Let's make a bet" Kai suddenly suggested to Baekhyuns suspicion. 

"I think you're forgetting that we're already doing this because of Chanyeol's little-"

"I mean, let's make another bet..." Suddenly, in a puff of vivid smoke, Kai teleported from his comfy spot to stand in front of Baekhyun, his hands casually buried into his pockets. "Just you and me..." He finished.

Despite the sudden movement, Baekhyun wasn't fazed. He was so used to him teleporting that he hadn't jolted a single muscle. He just looked into his eyes, trying to decipher and translate Kai's intense glare. "Go on" He said. 

"Let's see who Ji-Eun likes best...between you and me" 

"...Pft!" Baekhyun snorted in his face. "Did i do something wrong? Why are you sudden-" 

"Scared to get beaten?...mister barista" Kai provoked, his lips once again forming his signature smirk. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at him before shaking his head and rolling his eyes, breaking the intense eye contact and walking towards his room to unwillingly get ready for the 'seduction game' as everyone else. "I'm not hearing a no~" Kai continued, making Baekhyun halt outside the door. After a few seconds of thought he pushed the door open and entered.

What Kai said was true. He might have not said yes...but he didn't say no either...So was there now another meaning behind this game?