Project X

'Project X'

Your first two classes were Japanese and Maths- which flew by really quickly because of the amount of time the teacher wasted explaining what you were going to be learning for the year. Afterwards you spent the 20 minute break in an empty classroom doing your maths homework. Getting it out of the way was the best option seeing as how you might not have the time to finish it at home. Then came a double lesson of biology where you spent 100 minutes learning about chromosomes until the lunch bell rang. Finally! Lunch! For once you couldn’t wait to get to lunch and away from the boring world of science. You got to the school canteen, only to see empty seats at the most awkward of places next to the cheerleaders and jocks. Looks like I won’t be eating in here…you sighed, turning back and exiting the noisy canteen. You strolled along the corridors with your bag over your back. Nowhere to eat…I guess that’s new…You decided to take a stroll along the empty corridors around the music block- a cramped space under the main gym where only the few who opted for music would enter. I guess no one would come down-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y00aivjlgQ

You froze and was tranced by an angelic melody in the distance. You stood there, letting the melody surround you and entrace you until it quickly stopped a few seconds later. Who…was that? You started walking again- and towards a music room where you slid the door open to an empty piano room…

“…That’s weird…” I could have sworn it came from-

SWOOSH!~

“HOLY MOTHER OF-“

Something suddenly swung in front of you- 3 inches away from your face and you let out a high pitched yelp, landing straight onto the ground. “W-What the?!" You could only utter a few words. A familiar looking handsome face peered at you upside down- yet his hair remained in the same form. 

“Sorry…Did I scare you?” His angelic voice suddenly spoke with a small smile before he flipped himself forward to stand properly with his two feet firmly on the ground. “You okay there?” again he spoke with genuine sincerity- however your spirit left your body and was yet to return- you ended up just blankly glaring at him with your  mouth open. He raised an eyebrow at you slightly “Need some help?” he took out his hand and the weird 4 chain bracelet suddenly clicked a light switch in your brain.

“Y-YOU! O_0” you pointed an accusing finger towards him- finally noticing his flashy shimmery black and silver clothes and smoky grey eye makeup- Yes, it was this handsome face that hid behind those round specs from the supermarket. You speedily stood up; refusing his offering hand. “W-What are you doing here?” You stepped back and suddenly bumped into something that had felt rock hard. “Ah-!”

“Whoa there!” A firm grip held you steady from falling. You turn your neck to see another familiar face with gem stones at the edge of his eyes that glared at you- his lips forming a smirk “Careful” his charismatic tone sent chills down your spine and you immediately step away from, turning away and yet again meeting with two familiar handsome faces.

“Hiya!"

“Hey...” they greeted with smiles- these two you recognised- even without their workers uniform on. You didn’t greet back but instead turned to face the exit; but instead faced two more heavenly figures in front of you once more.

“Sorry if my colleagues scared you”

“Yeah- they’ve been pretty good at that lately”

Oh…what the hell is happening…you shook your head whilst holding onto it and blinked rapidly at the floor. 

"Really? did we scare you?" One of the boys examined your expressions carefully. However you couldnt reply. Only gaze at them with dumbfounded looks. 

“Wait…you…you guys were in the supermarket…” you narrowed your eyes at them. “Mocha boy…” you pointed at one of the boys with a stern face to which the boy you pointed to suddenly jerked from surprise. You then turn to the boy next to him. “Boy I bumped into…”  you turn to the tall boy with shimmering hair “Discount boy…” you turn to the one next to him with widened eyes. “Wallet boy…” you turn to the boy with the strong grip “Casanova boy…”

Casanova? He rose an eyebrow at his new nickname but slightly smirked afterwards.

“And…” you turned to the last but definitely not least boy who just a couple of seconds ago greeted you spiderman style- hanging upside down. “Ramen boy…”

“Strange- do they not use names in this dimension?” Wallet boy questioned.

“No, according to my research they have names like us” Mocha boy replied.

Dimension!? O_O  Your mouth gawked open. There were 6 amazingly handsome boys- stood within the same room as you…yet you didn’t want to be fooled. They might be gorgeous- but something definitely wasn’t right. You had to think of something...before this could get any weirder.

“…OH! Wow- would you look at the time! I better skedaddle~”

“Wa~it!” Discount boy put out his sleeveless arms in front of you before you could hastily make your escape.

“We have some business with you…” says the boy you bumped into. You bite your bottom lip- feeling rather cautious at this point.

“What~?” you asked with a shaky voice.

“We need the Aphrodyt” Wallet boy questions with a deep voice- baring out his hand as if to say he wanted it there and then. You stare at him with a blank expression. “…Pardon?”

“Er!- what my friend here is trying to say is- we think that you might have something that belongs to us by mistake and we’re you know- asking for it back” you could tell mocha boy was trying to be polite, but you couldn’t help look at him cluelessly.

“…Okay~?”

“So where’s the Aphrodyt?” repeated wallet boy.

“D.O-“ Discount boy nudged.

“What? It’s easy and straight to the point- where is the Aphrodyt?"

“Er…I don’t know?” you shrugged your shoulders.

“You mean you don’t have it?” the boy you bumped into added.

“Um- No…I don’t- I don’t think I have you ‘aphromadity’” you raised an eyebrow- incorrectly stating the name.

“Idiots- she obviously wouldn’t know what the Aphrodyt is" the ramen boy spoke up, followed by discount boys quick reaction.

“Oh! Oh! It’s er~ it’s a stoney kinda thing…but like spikey? Like- yay big” he gestured a okay sign with his fingers.

“Spikey stone?” You felt a little strange actually trusting these people and thinking about it. But something about this suddenly made you think. The Casanova scoffed under his breath. “Great explanation" He commented with a sarcastic tone, when suddenly you had a eureka moment.

“Oh! You mean the bluey-purple spikey crystal?” “YES!” You jolted at the volume of the three boys- mocha, discount and wallet boys yell in unison.

“…I haven’t got it though…” you blinked at them and their faces dropped.

“What?!” discount boy yelled at you, about to pull out his hair. “How can you not have it?!”

“Says the one who lost it in the first place”  Ramen boy rolls his eyes at the wallet boy.

“You be quiet Baekhyun!”

“Wait! W-Where exactly is it?” mocha boy questioned.

“At my house?” you replied honesty.

“Great! Let’s go and get it!”

“Sur- Wait- WHAT?!” your eyes widened at discount boy who suggested the idea and you frantically wave your hands about in disagreement. “Whoa~! Whoa~ No way hozay! I am NOT letting any of you weirdos anywhere near my house! Especially without my accompaniment!”

“Fine then…accompany us” Casanova boys suggested. 

“You’re kidding-“

[Excuse me students] a loud low toned voice came from the bullhorn just outside the corridor and possibly everywhere else in the school. You froze on the spot as the 6 boys peered at each other- shrugging their shoulders and turning their heads to see where the voice was coming from. [May Han Ji-Eun please assign to the principal’s office immediately, I repeat- please may Han Ji-Eun in class 2-A please assign to the principals office…that is all]

Crap- what have I done?! Your face froze as your mind automatically conjured up things you could have gotten in trouble for- but the only seemingly dangerous thing you could think of…were these 6 strangers in front of you. You glared at them with a sigh before heading towards the open exit when suddenly, it slamed itself shut and a body comes flying in front of you.

“Whoa~ Where do you think you’re going little girl?” Discount boy glared at you, sprawling out his body to clearly block the exit once again.

“Okay, look! I don’t have your precious little stone with me, so how about this-come back tomorrow- and I’ll give it to you then- now can I just-“

“We want it NOW!” He attempted to look menacing, receiving a slap over the head by wallet boy in return.

“Seriously strangers’ I really need to go so can I please just- you know- go?” you sounded panicked- starting to think that maybe they’ll never let you out. 

“That’s fine…we’ll wait” The Ramen boy with dark eye shadow casually spoke up- his face looking genuinely serious which in exchange made yours drop. They couldn’t possibly be serious…right? you peered at the gorgeous boys one by one. Each of them looking as though they had all came from another planet with their sparkling jackets and harem pants and weird yet surprisingly attractive make-up like eyeshadow, glitter and gemstones. Any girl on the planet would probably want to be in your position right now...but for some reason- you couldnt grasp it.

“Fine then…wait here” You fought your way through discount boy to open the exit and made a run to the principals office.

“She’s an odd one” The boy you bumped into scoffed to his hyungs- each of them at a loss of what to do next.

“I dunno…I think she’s pretty cute” Discount boy commented, to which everyone else peered. "Just an opinion~" 

“What do you suggest we do now then…leader?” Ramen boy narrowed his eyes to their leader- the mocha boy with fluffy brown hair who stood there with his hands in his sparkly silver harem pants. They needed their aphrodyt back...yet they knew that somehow you'd be trouble.

“Can’t be helped…Here’s out next approach”

 

You took quick steps on the way to the principals office although way too concerned and confused by the mysterious 6 you had just met to be worried about the bullhorn call. You then came face to face with the door with an official looking golden plate stating ‘principle’. Despite that fact that you were pretty confident that you haven’t done anything wrong you still couldn’t grasp the understanding of being sent here without having done anything wrong. You cleared your throat before raising your fists and knocking on the door.

“It’s open” The low toned response signalled you to go in which with little hesitation you twisted the door knob to enter...

“Glad for you to join us Ji-Eun ” the same low toned voice came from your elderly principle who politely stood up and greeted you at your arrival.…Well that kind of rules out being in trouble…You bowed to him, only to notice a women sitting at one of the couches placed in front of the main desk. She was very glamorous, but in an office-pinup sort of way, her ebony black straight hair fell down to her shoulders, her pale skin almost translucent. She wore a grey coloured pencil skirt and a cream coloured tight fit blazer over a black blouse along with black 3 inch heels. She looked like a femme fatale in a black and white movie, the kind of dame who packed a pistol in her crocodile handbag. You bowed to her too and she slightly nodded back, her legs and arms crossed.

“I-Is something wrong sir?” You asked the smiling head teacher to whom you’ve barely met. He shook his head and gestured to the couch.“You have a visitor…now if you need me- don’t be scared to call me, I’ll be in my second office ^^” He patted you lightly on the shoulder before making his way out of the office. There’s a second office? You wondered as you bowed to him before he exited and was left alone with the mystery woman.

“Han Ji-Eun?” “Y-Yes?” you shot up. The women gestured towards the couch, her pink glossy lips slightly smiling whilst doing so. You sat down, swinging your bag which still contained your uneaten lunch off your back and place it down on your feet as you sat on the couch. “Is there some business you have with me?” you asked with a clear of the throat. It seems as though you’ve been meeting a lot of new people lately. The woman nodded slightly. “Before that…let’s introduce ourselves…” she peered at you with her dark grey eyes.

“O-Oh, Han Ji-Eun…age 17”

“Ah~ 17 years old now” she mumbled to herself to which you could barely make out. “I realize this is slightly out of the blue and possibly inconvenient, I have to apologize for that”

“Oh, no! It’s fine” you waved your hands frantically to show it was no problem.

“Kwon Haejin, inspector. I work with your father you see”

“…” there was little surprise, however you barely showed it.

“As you can tell, your father can’t be here to talk to you in person, for that again I need to apologize” She began to talk with a casual tone. “There’s something that your father has been trying to speak to you for a while now but no surprise he doesn’t know how to contact you” she slightly scoffed under her breathe. You could tell she wasn’t one of those co-workers who up or worshipped your father- which somehow relieved you a little.

“Ah~ I don’t really have a cell phone so…” you explained.

“Basically, there’s been some thing troubling your father…you know what that is?” she questioned. You thought for a second.

“It isn’t about my street license is it?”

“Your what?”

“Nothing! Er…no I can’t say I do know” you cleared your throat once more. It was strange. You hadn’t spoken to your father since last year and for him to suddenly want to contact you- something must be up. “Is there a reason for contacting me?”

“You heard of Project X?”

“…Project X?” you repeated the familiar name. “It’s familiar”

“It should be- it’s all that the news and media can talk about at the moment” she rolled her eyes. “The police are trying their hardest to crack this nut. Quite personally I find it tedious watching men stress over data”

Right then- something clikced in your brain.

“Is this about the natural disaster incidents?” you finally realized; the inspector smiling once you did.

“That’s Project X. A series of natural disasters…sounds stupid if you think someone if causing them right?”

That’s what Rin thought anyway you commented in your head before she continued. “However it’s not just that” She rested her elbow casually on the armrest. “Even if the natural disasters aren’t man-made, police headquarters are sure about one thing and that is that someone is involved in something to do with this matter”

“Er, sorry Inspector but I really don’t understand why you’re explaining this to me-“

“Your father wants your cooperation…” even in a casual tone- you couldn’t help but feel as though that sentence was a knock over the head.

My father? With Me?” you pointed towards yourself, your eyebrows raised to the roof and your voice suddenly went high pitched. She nodded to which you couldn’t believe. “N-Not meaning to be rude or anything but isn’t that a little…you know- useless? I mean, I’m only 17- and I don’t really have an interest in whatever it is my father is doing so-“

“Oh believe me honey, you’ll do better than the majority of the knuckle heads in headquarters” she scoffed.

“I don’t think that’s-“

“The Superiors think that it’d be more successful if we were to get someone who hasn’t been involved in our industry to cooperate in this project. After all; a rat may be small but it’s probably seen things beyond our comprehension”

You stopped and thought to yourself. “…Superiors?”

“The higher ups; the head faculties of the 8 police industries on earth; the superiors” This was all new to you- which actually wasn’t that surprising since you didn’t have an interest in your dads work. “There’s nothing much that I can add here…all I came here to do was deliver a message to you asking for small cooperation" she took a deep breathe.

“But I really don’t know how I can help with anything-“

“Oh that’s easy. Any information you get or find about the project- you be sure to contact HQ and tell us about it- if you have trouble doing so then you can also appoint a meeting at HQ at least once a month to discuss it”

“But I really don’t think that I-“

“That’s all for now kid. I’m a rather busy person so you wouldn’t mind right?” She questioned but didn’t seem to need an answer as she had already stood up and straightened her clothes in preparation to get going.

“No problem…” you replied tediously as you watched her take her leave.

“See ya later okay kid?” she said before exiting- leaving you alone in the principal’s office to attempt to recall what just happened the past 40 minutes of lunch.

“…What…just happened?"

---

Chapter 4 is finally up and once again i have to apologize for my poorly written English. Despite the fact that i've actually been living in England almost all my life- i'm still a failure at writing -___-; Well! Hopefully one puzzel piece has been filled! Now you know what the two men who were following wanted to talk to you about. And i know that the little nicknames of 'Casanova' and 'Ramen boy' stuff is a little confusing- but i'll clear it up in the next chapter hopefully. More chapters to be released- may take a while but will try my best! ^^~ Again- lack of images and gifs- Sorry~! TT_TT