It wasn't him?

'Project X'

You walked around the house to find the missing alien but surprisingly- Baekhyun was no where to be found. You checked every room, even the kitchen and store room in the cafe down stairs, but nothing. 

"Hey, have you seen Baekhyun?" You questioned Suho and Chanyeol who jumped out of their skin, not noticing you'd crept up behind them.

"E-Er, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol stuttered, no longer slurring his words (finally). But unlike Chanyeol who was still flustered by his little act, Suho was more interested in your question then to be embarrassed by himself.

"He should be in his room" He said almost curiously. You shook your head.

"No, that was the first place i looked..." You said as your eyes caught sight of their toned abs once again before you shot them a look. Suho and Chanyeol caught your glance and shamefully covered themselves up; Suho zipping up his jacket and Chanyeol buttoning his shirt. You rolled your eyes at them and propped your hands on your hips. 

"Do you really think that i wouldn't find any of this suspicious?" 

"I don't know vas you are talking about!" Chanyeol once again attempted his Transylvania accent, and you admit, it made you laugh. You now know that it's what he does to cover something up- whether he's in a disguise or not. 

"Hey guys! I've got an idea forrrrrr..." D.O trotted to the living room before noticing you, having to quickly cover up what he was about to say. "...Er...Forrr dinner!" 

"D.O, do you know where Baekhyun is?" Suho asked, avoiding the 'idea for dinner' completely. D.O pulled a thinking face at him.

"Well, around here somewhere i guess..." 

"I can't find him anywhere" You continued, beginning to feel a little anxious in the stomach. 

"Hyung's gone missing?!" Sehun suddenly popped up out of no where along with mr. teleportation. 

"Not missing! Just...don't know where he is" The attempt to reassure him failed, no part of that sounded convincing, not even to you. Kai thought to himself, suddenly baffled. 

"Wait...So you haven't even seen him? At all?" He asked as if it was completely ridiculous. You shook your head again. 

"Not since this morning, no" You replied, biting your bottom lip as you glanced at their surprised faces. Kai also pressed his lips together in thought. He...hasn't forgotten already has he? He wondered as he stared at your concerned face. 

"Does that mean he hasn't had his turn yet?" Sehun whispered to Chanyeol, however your sharp ears picked up a couple of words and you swiftly turned your neck to them. 

"Had his turn at what?" You questioned, suddenly making them jolt in alarm. 

"Nothing! I-It's nothing!" D.O shook his head from side to side before giving Sehun a death glare followed by a nudge.  But your eyebrows furrowed when you noticed the silver ring back on his finger. 

"That was quick" Your sudden statement gained several glares. 

"Quick?" Kai repeated, thinking that he might have heard you wrong. 

"Yeah, is professors house really close or something?...Oh wait, nevermind, i forgot that Kai could teleport" You chuckled, however seemed to be the only one finding it funny. The others just glanced at each other, seeing if any one had any clue what you were on about. 

"Er~ Come again?" D.O raised his eyebrow to the ceiling and you shot him back the same look.

"You. You said you left your ring at professors place this morning" 

The members looked at each other again, Kai and Suho however being the first to pick up some of the pieces. 

"I didn't...go to professors house" D.O retorted, as if you'd lost your marbles. You paused for a moment, looking at the others who seemed to be agreeing with D.O's statement. 

"...I'm talking about when i was at work, when you came to visit me at the Groovy smoothie" 

D.O eyes widened along with everyone elses, Chanyeols especially dropped his jaw to the ground and twisted his neck towards D.O faster than a light switch. "YOU CHEAT! YOU GOT TWO CHANCES! YOU ARE OFFICIALLY DISQUALIFIED!" He screamed at him accusingly, rudely pointing to his face. 

"DON'T POINT FINGERS AT ME! I DON'T HAVE A GOD DAMN CLUE WHAT SHE'S ON ABOUT!" D.O bellowed back at him. 

"Cheater? What are you guys on abou-" 

"What's up with the yelling already?" A voice from the living room door made everyone jump. 

"Baekhyun-hyung!" Sehun called the name of the boy who stepped forward in his black jeans, high tops, grey tank top and jacket, like the others; his hair was styled into perfection- he looked gorgeous. 

He glared at you all curiously. "What's with the-" 

"Where've you been?" Kai snapped, making everyone turn to him in surprise; the tone wasn't something you'd expect. Baekhyun however didn't react as much, his face was as expressionless as usual. 

"What's with the glare? You look as if i'm-" 

"Byun Baekhyun" Suho said with a serious tone, his eyes darting at him. "Where have you been?" He repeated slowly, almost demanding a proper answer. You turned to everyone else who was as surprised and confused as you were. The intensity was no joke. You could sense the atmosphere thickening around the three of them just by their eyes. 

"G-Good thing you're here Baeky! D.O here's been cheating! He got two chances! It's not fair right?" Chanyeol attempted to avoid the weird intense atmosphere. 

"D.O didn't get two chances, Chanyeol" Suho said to him, not even turning his head away from Baekhyun. 

"But Ji-Eun said-"

"That wasn't D.O..." Kai snapped. Silence. No one replied until Sehun was the first to break the silence.

"What do you mean?" He asked him, baffled. 

"Ji-Eun, tell us honestly, was there nothing suspicious about D.O that morning?" Kai said, again not taking his eyes away from Baekhyun. 

"I don't-" You stopped when their outfits swiftly changed back to the regular clothes you'd brought them from the mall, you suddenly remembered what they said about their setting only lasting them a couple of minutes. You did a double take on their ears, all of them wearing a small earpiece...unlike D.O this morning. It made you think back...how he was acting strange....well stranger than normal. 

True that you were suspicious at first, but then again, you were suspicious about all of them when you came home. 

"Well...now that you mention it..." 

"C-Come on guys, what are you saying? you're acting all-"

"Professor's place is all the way in Jeju, Ji-Eun-shi...even if Kai can teleport, he can't travel that far, there's no way that D.O could get there and back in time just to be standing here" Suho explained, once again not looking at you whilst he spoke. Sehun and Chanyeol glanced at D.O, the two cautiously poking his face and arm before he viciously smacked them away like flies. "Also, we don't leave anywhere without our symbol with us, we never have"

"Not only that, i was with D.O the whole time from when you went out and came back..he never left" 

Your eyes widened along with Chanyeols and Sehuns.

"But then...that means" Chanyeol peered at Baekhyun with cautious eyes.

"Shapeshifting...it's the 'others' again"

 

---

"I was told that 'K' are still staying with her..." A voice echoed.

"And?"

"You said to me that they were back in Jeju...Were you lying to me?" 

"Seems like you've been busy, sending two of them almost at the same time, you really think that's a good idea?"

"Dare to avoid my question...I did you the favor of keeping you here...you think it's wise to make me regret that?"

"I'll take that as a warning" He said with a playful voice.

"...i hope you realize you're playing with Life and Death, Luhan...Both ours, and theirs"

"Speeding up their deaths...won't avoid ours, duizhang" 

 

--

"So, now that i wasn't here for a few minutes, you're suspecting i'm not the real Baekhyun?" He assumed nonchalantly. 

"Then answer me...where've you been?" Kai repeated, everyone glaring at him, anticipating an answer. Baekhyun scanned everyones glares, however glanced at you for a milisecond and had to look away almost instantly. He shook his head with a sigh, taking out his earpiece and a black device to show everyone. 

"...I was outside talking to professor. Feel free to check if you don't believe me" He stated confidently, practically shoving the things to Kai.

"About what?"

"Our next mission, remember we're here for a reason?" 

"How come you didn't tell us?" Sehun pouted.

Baekhyun shot them a look, subtly signalling his eyes towards you. "Figured you were a little busy..." 

A few shoulders relaxed, but some still wouldn't let their guard down. 

"Where's your symbol?" D.O asked, cautiously. "I don't see a ring" He added. Baekhyun rolled his eyes before lifting up hs tank top a little, revealing the silver star symbol at his belt. 

"Doesn't always have to be a ring remember?" He said with a confident smile before pulling his shirt back down. Everyone settled instantly, their nerves fading with a sigh of relief when they were convinced by the evidence. 

"Okay, fair enough he's the real Baekhyun...but then this morning..." You peered over to D.O cautiously, makign him shake his hands defencivly. 

"It's the real me, I swear down!" 

"A shapeshifter...haven't seen one of them in a while" Baekhyun mumbled. Suho sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"We'll need more intel on the techinique with professor...but for now we have to be careful...Don't slip up on any personal or classified information to anyone, not even to each other" He warned the boys before turning to you with concerned eyes. "You aswell Ji-Eun-shi, please be careful, if any of us seem suspicious, please find another member immediately" 

You nodded at his advice, somehow a little uneasy. Compared to anyone else, probably in the entire world, these six had become the people you could rely on...and it was scary knowing that who you think might be them...could be someone else...and someone dangerous. 

 

---

A/N: Again- so sorry for the rather boring chapter and horrible english quality- i was in abit of a rush to get it done- so much stuff going on-  can't keep up- arrghhh~ Anyway, tell me what you're think so far, love to hear what you think might happen ;) MUHAHAHA~ >_< 
P.s: please tell me if i'm starting to bore you...some more arcs are in the process- don't leave me just yet!~ *puppy dog eyes*