Frost Bite; Xiumin

'Project X'

Previously on Project X...

“[Listen my dear, I need to talk to all seven of you immediately! It is something very important! You must go home right this instant!]”

“[I spent all night working on these for you my dear. They’re gadgets similar to the ones EXO-K have, however these ones are special]”

“This is the emergency? You wanted to give her gadgets?”

“[Something just isn’t right…it’s been far too quiet and I’m concerned for your well-being…

“Professor told us to protect her with our lives…now isn’t the time for her to try and keep her distance from us” “So you don’t care about the game then?”

“We’ve got something serious going on Kai, you think I really have time to care for a stupid game?”

“You know what I meant Baekhyun” 

“People shouldn’t under estimate the cold…After all…there’s a reason why they call it Frost Bite”

 

 

“Not like you to be jealous” Suho said as he leaned on the bedroom door after entering. Baekhyun rapidly turned to his leader with a look of utter disbelief.

“Excuse me?” He laughed as though he'd found it funny. 

“Just saying, you’ve been a little snappy ever since Kai resumed his flirting skills with Ji-Eun” He crossed his arms, a cheeky grin on his face.

Baekhyun snorted dramatically. “Don’t be ridiculous, Suho” He said, taking off his shirt to change into another.

“So you’re not envious…not even just a little?”

Baekhyun paused before turning to him with a tired expression. “Why should I be?”

“I never said you should…I just think it’d be natural to be a little jealous after seeing the person you like getting wooed by someone else”

“She’s not getting wooed” Baekhyun spat, almost in disgust.

“You’re not denying it~”

“Denying what?”

“That you like her”

“Whatever” He scoffed in response before he quickly yanked a green t-shirt over his body.

“You’re already green with envy” Suho chuckled. Baekhyun peered down at his shirt and rolled his eyes, deciding to take it off to change into yet another shirt, specifically one without the colour green. Suho shook his head with a smile. So young and clueless He teased in his head.

Suho suddenly bailed forward, almost crashing into Baekhyun when the door he leaned on swung open. “Hyung!” Chanyeol popped his head through the door, “Ji-Eun’s not back yet…And the shop opens in half an hour…” He said with a pout.  “Hyung, I’m worried, we shouldn’t have let her go on her own! Let’s go find her!” His deep voice cried.

“Chanyeol, calm down, I’m sure Ji-Eun’s fine” Suho reassured with a little laugh. It was always a little amusing how someone with such a deep voice could act like such as child.

“But…B-But” Chanyeol stuttered, glancing his eyes left and right and blinking rapidly. There was something about not being near you that made him anxious and his eyes couldn’t stop twitching. He let out a frustrated moan before running his fingers through his no-longer-glittery hair.  “I don’t like it…” He whined before plopping onto the floor.  “I want Ji-Eunnie~” He cried, his lower lip sticking out as a pout.

Suho let a sigh escape his lips as he watched the baby-giant sit on the floor, hugging his knees like a child. Baekhyun just shook his head at him before grabbing a utility belt and checking through the contents and came to a pause when he held his black earpiece into his palms. Does she even know how to use them? He wondered to himself before letting his gaze drift to the window.

Frost.

Pretty patterns of frost accumulated at the corner of the clear glass window. 

“Come on, don’t be so down” Suho said in attempt to encourage Chanyeol. “Don’t tell me earth winter is diming your flame” He chuckled, fluffing the boys noodle hair.

“No! Just…Ji-Eunnie didn’t look too happy to see her dad” Chanyeol added. “She…seemed sad” And I want to be there for her…

“Now that you mention it, we still don’t know why her dad was at her school, and even more- talking to the principle” Suho scratched his head in thought.

With his gaze still on the delicate frost patterns, Baekhyun spoke up, “I wonder why her dad…would leave her like this” His random comment made Suho and Chanyeol knitted their eyebrows at him. Baekhyun turned to see their confused faces and quickly changed the subject. “Where are the others? In the living room?” He presumed. The baby-giant nodded without giving him eye contact, but his eyes dramatically rounded when the sound of the front bell rang, signalling someone entering Latte café downstairs.

Suho smirked at the boy and cocked his head towards the door. “That’s probably her” He said before he headed to the door, only to have it swing open before he could even reach for the handle and harshly hit his forehead. “Ah!” He cried as he stumbled backwards.

“YEOL!” You barked as you entered, panting and out of breathe. Chanyeol brightened immediately and stood up.

“JI-EUNNIE!-” He was about to let his arms wrap around you until you fiercely snatched his wrist.

“Come with me!” You ordered, the solidity of your voice causing the three boys to jolt. Your eyes were wide in alarm, not to mention you looked as though you pedalled for your life.

“Ji-Eun-shi, what’s wro-“

“Whoa, what’s going on?” D.O suddenly joined from behind.

“Not now! Yeol, come with me!”

You dragged the confused Chanyeol out of Latte café and forced him to follow you as you ran back to the street crossing- where the street was still empty, all apart from the one car in the middle of the road- frozen with frost. Chanyeols eyes rounded as he saw the car completely frozen over as well as the entire location frosted over in white frost. “J-Ji-Eun-ah, what-“

“I’ll explain later- we need to help him!” You said, referring to the man in the drivers seat.

Chanyeol followed your orders and even helped de-ice the ground so that you wouldn’t slip before warming up the car.

“Don’t put it on fire!” You warned, aware that having the car going up in flames wouldn’t be nearly as good. Chanyeol nodded whilst hovering his hands over the car, diligently melting away the ice. 

“Ji-Eun!” You heard Sehun from behind and turned to find the others running towards you.

“Is everything alright?” Suho questioned. 

“Is it now…” You let out a relieved sigh, still trembling slightly.

“Whoa-” D.O slipped on the icy floor, grabbing hold of Kai before he could crash to the ground and scowling at it “What the hek?! What happened here?!” He gawked at the deserted winter wonderland.  

“Seems like Jack Frost paid a visit…” Suho said bitterly as he peered at the unconscious man sitting at the front seat; the ice was starting to melt from his skin.

“Yeah…” Kai eyed the frozen security cameras placed around the street lamps and raised a suspicious eyebrow. “A very sneaky Jack Frost at that”

“Is he gonna be alright?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol who was too busy trying to delicately melt away the ice to reply straight away.

“He should be okay. His organs aren’t frozen, so he should be good” He reassured, turning to Baekhyun and you with a little grin; a grin that had ‘proud’ written all over it. You smiled at him back, feeling a weight leave your shoulders.

“Well, well, what a cute little rescue team!”

Everyone’s eyes directed to the figure sitting casually above a 6 story building, his feet dangling from the edge as he peered down at you.

“I have to say, that was rather quick, seems like riding a bike really is your specialty Ji-Eun…although I was kind of expecting more from the girl of the prophecy, but no matter, it’s the heroic act that counts, right?” He continued to babble with a playful tone. But it was that playful tone that made him seem even more intimidating.

“X-Xiumin?!” Suho nrrowed his eyes at the figure, urging an unfamiliar name.

“You guys know him?” You asked them.  

“Oh, we know him” Kai sneered. “A dirty fugitive, no less”

“Wow, you remember me? I’m honoured!” he cheered.

“Being remembered for hurting others and causing trouble is nothing to be honoured about” Baekhyun seethed.

“Sheesh, how stingy, I was only having a little fun” Xiumin chuckled, suddenly throwing himself off the building. For a moment, your heart jolted, but when he landed softly on the icy ground, you remembered that jumping off of building was probably an everyday thing to them.  

“I bet you’re with ‘the others’ too, huh?” D.O spat whilst pulling a grimace.

“The others?” He snorted “You’re still calling us that? My god- you must be slower than I thought!” He laughed. But they all knew it was just to wind them up- and hek- for some, it was working. “This is gonna be like stealing candy from a baby”

“Cocky little-“

“If you’re here for us, then stop dragging innocent people into it” Chanyeol said, interrupting D.O and referring to the man in the car who was still out like a light.

“Ahaha, soz! Force of habit”

You all scowled slightly at that remark. He said it so casually, yet you knew he was implying something rather sinister. Unlike before with Luhan, you could tell that EXO-K were holding back slightly…like they didn’t want to anger him, like they were slightly more wary about this guy more than they were with Luhan to start with. Xiumin caught you glares and shrugged.

“What...Oh, I get it, after Luhan you think that the rest of us are the same? Please, don’t belittle ‘M’ just because that one’s gone soft”

“As much as we’d like to stay and chat all day, we actually have somewhere to be, Xiumin, so whatever it is that you’re here for, make it quick” Suho told him.

“Whoa~ I’d watch that temper of yours, leader” He teased, stepping closer to them and letting the frost below his feet accumulate after each step he took, clearly trying to show off before having to stop in front of them. “After all…I think you all should know by now what I'm capable of...” His eyes suddenly landed on you, and his smile faded immediately. “I can kill that girl of yours over there quicker than she can cry for help”

Before your brain could even function what he said, you felt someone grab your arm and pull your body backwards, facing Kais back as the rest of EXO-K summoned their weapons, yet the boy didn’t do as much as even flinch.

“Six against one…” Kai stated. The black gun in his hands confidently aimed towards Xiumin. “Still think you can win?” He smirked. Xiumin stared him down, only to be distracted by a much taller male standing beside him. Chanyeol.

Phoenix, huh? “…Okay…I’ll give you this one” He nodded, another secretive smile appearing on his face as he glanced passed Kai and onto you. You stared back, not wanting to seem intimidated.  A little snigger escaped his mouth. “But you can’t stick with her forever you know”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sehun retorted.

“Enjoy the little surprise appearance in school?” He grinned, but more specifically, he grinned at you. For a moment, you were too out of it to realize, but thinking back to what happened in school today…

“Superiors” D.O murmured.

“Ding! Ding! We have a winner” He cheered. “Maybe sticking with the EXO-K bodyguards all day isn’t such a great idea…wouldn’t want them getting caught too early now do we, that wouldn’t be fun, right, Ji-Eun?” He taunted with a stern glare. But what he said…was true.

If EXO-K were to stick with you, then it’s more likely for them to bump into the superiors…the ‘hunters’. They’d be put under danger and what for?...For you?

Before you could think any further, you felt something warm grasp your hand and tilted your gaze to meet with Kai. He glared at you with a straight face, but something about the look in his eyes made it reassuring.

"Protect her with your lives!"

"Sure will" 

You suddenly felt yourself blush and turned away to break away from his gaze, only to catch someone elses gaze. Baekhyun glared at you for a second, but turned away right after with a emotionless face. You lowered an eyebrow at him slightly. Is he...mad at me? You started to wonder, unconciously slipping your hand from Kai's warm grip.

“Well! I best be off then, but don’t worry, I’ll be back soon~”

“Best if you don’t, cocky twerp” D.O growled, lifting the crossbow to Xiumins' face. 

“Oh, but I must” Xuimin smiled at him, as though he hadn’t taken his insult as an offence. He turned away and strolled back, but suddenly paused. “Oh yeah, I hope you’ll like your little present in school, Ji-Eun…I made it myself...”

 

--

A/N: Such. a. sloppy. chapter. You have the right to stone me. My exams are ending in a week, hopefully i'll be doing more updates by then. And as always, love you guys~ Thank you to ALL subscribers! I appreciate all of your lovely support for my badly written chapters :'D *gives you all hugs*