You Just Got Served

'Project X'

Latte cafe opened, and surprisingly there were a lot of customers coming in today but as usual, the boys were playing up 'host-club' without even knowing. 

"Here's your coffee ma'am, would you like anything else?" Sehun served one of the tables with two girls. They batted their eyes rapidly with the cheesiest grins on their faces. 

"N-No, we're okay thank you~" She cooed. Sehun shone a smile that melted their hearts before walking back to you who was busy making all the drinks. 

"Ji-Eun-ah, need any help?" He asked when he saw the pile of orders in front of you. But you shook your head at his offer. 

"No it's alright Sehun-ah, you just keep it up" you told him. But he still stayed there, contemplating on something. 

"J-Ji-Eun..." He stuttered. 

"What is it?" You asked, too busy pouring coffee into cups to look at him. 

"Doesn't matter" Sehun sighed as he walked away, his chin to his neck. She too busy to even look at me

"Go and help the others" Baekhyun said as he entered the bar and scanned his eyes through the orders. 

"Oh, no it's fine, I can..." You turned around, only to meet with his strict glare. Silent scolding. That's new. "Okay. Thank you Baekhyun-ah" You said as you placed the last cup of coffee on the tray.

"Ji-Eun" Baekhyun called your name softly. Your eyes met...but like the others no reply. He gazed into your eyes. But the gaze was so soft and sweet that only a few seconds and it'd already melted your knees. You quickly looked away as you felt your face flush pink.What is up with them?! You wondered as you took the tray and went off to serve the table.

Baekhyun sighed at himself. You tried Baekhyun..He thought to himself, somehow a little disappointed. Chanyeol slyly sneaked behind the counter and stood beside him, mimicking Baekhyun's pose but with a smug smile.

“Not so easy is it?” He asked victoriously. Baekhyun grabbed a tray and pressed it to his face to cover up the grin.

“Just get back to work” He shook his head at him.

 

 

“Here you go, would you like anything else?” You smiled at the customers in front of you who just shook their heads and dismissed you, when suddenly you heard the front door open. “Welcom…” You were about to greet them when you saw who they were...Your body froze on the spot.

“Well, if it isn’t miss klutz?” Kwon Hana gave you possibly the dirtiest look as she clung onto the boys arm. Unfortunately, you knew the guy too…fully well.

“Oh~ So this is where little songbird here works ey?” Lee Jongki asked. You noticed the bandage wrapped around his head and remembered that he was hospitalized after Luhan had helped you out that day. Match made in hell you commented, however you were still frozen from the shock. Out of all places...and of all people? God must really hate me. Suho and Kai noticed the patronization on your face and were about to walk over to help you out when you pulled the best smile you could fake in front of them.

“Table for two sir and ma’am?” You asked as you gestured towards the spare table and they sat down without a complaint. You handed them the menu when Hana glanced at it for literally a second and gave it you back.

“Give me a green tea creamy cooler, be sure to take the ice out when it’s cold, oh, and I don’t want whipped cream unless it’s low fat”

“…” You held in that ounce of anger and pulled yet another fake smile at her. “We only serve what’s on the menu ma’am. Perhaps you want to take another look?” You smoothed your tone down as much as possible and handed her the menu again. But she pushed it away from her.

“I don’t want what’s on the menu, your staff must be skilled enough to make such a simple order” She shrugged her shoulders. 

"I'll take what she's having" Jongki added with a smirk and handed you the menu back. Your fake smile remained as you took the menu from them.

"Is there anything else you'd like? Some fries maybe? There's a fast-food store right around the corner, i'm sure you'll love it there" You sarcastically remarked. 

"Better watch your mouth bus-girl or else-"

"Is there a problem here?" Kai interrupted her, swiftly stepping in front of you to take over and Hana's eyes lit up almost instantly. Eye-candy works here too? She thought, however her smile dropped for a moment. No wonder why the two seemed so close. 

"Nothing's wrong Kai" You darted your eyes at him. He looked at you back, unconvinced as you smiled at the two again. "Your drinks will be on your way~" You said before you turned away and headed to the bar. Kai peered at Jongki before walking away from them. You entered the bar, your eye twitching from the anger you had to suppress into your chest. 

"I swear if we were anywhere else" you cursed under your breath before you wrote down the order, heavily pressing your pen on the paper as you wrote the ridiculous order down and slapped it on the counter to vent out that little bit of anger from your system.

"You look as though you're about to erupt" Kai commented over your shoulder. You jumped out of your skin, not expecting him to have followed you in.

"Gosh! you scared me" You said, holding your heart.

"Something up?" He asked.

"Yes, two things" you shot evils at the match made in hell and your frustration rose up again. "Ugh! I could murder them!" You viciously messed up your hair and squatted down to the floor to Kai's surprise. 

"What?"

"Table 9. Out of all places to come...I swear to god i might just scream if i have to serve them again!" you cried to yourself, your head to your knees. Kai detected your distress and peered curiously at the Table before looking back at you. But you were still shriveled up in a ball.

"Ji-Eun, are you alright?" Suho asked as he came over. But you shook your head as a reply, making Suho glance at Kai for answers. Kai sighed as he walked out of the bar to talk to him alone, however D.O walked passed and noticed something happening.

"Hey, what's going on?" He gegged. 

"Some jerks from her school are here" Kai told them. Suho and D.O peered over at them before looking back at Kai. 

"You know them too?" Suho asked

"Just the girl...she's tripped her up a couple of times in school" Kai scowled in their direction.

"Well, what should we do?" 

"...There's nothing we can do really" Suho sighed before telling them to get back to work and the three dispersed back to doing their jobs. You got back up on your feet at one point and started making the drinks again, however you got D.O to serve Hana and Jongki, which was the best move you could think of if you didn't want any trouble. You lifted a tray full of drinks to serve, but when you walked past the table, Hana made her usual move. She subtly stuck out her foot and tripped you up, the tray falling from your grasp and the glasses smashed to the ground, however a pair of arms grabbed your waist before you could fall down with them. 

"Ji-Eun!" 

"Ji-Eun-ah!" The boys cried, almost jumping at you from worry. You looked up and saw Kai holding onto you, looking back at the table with an unimpressed look on his face.

"Ahahaha, seriously, who's idea was it to hire klutz the clown as a waitress?" Jongki sniggered and you bit your bottom lip, thinking that it might stop your face from turning red from embarrassment. 

"S-Sorry, sorry" You quickly brushed Kai's hands off your waist and bowed to the other customers for causing a racket. 

"Where's the manager then? i bet he won't be impressed when he finds out that his bus-girl caused so much damage" Hana raised her head high with a victory smile. You ignored her and got down on the floor to start picking up the broken pieces of glass when suddenly, Kai grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you up. He glared at you, not looking too impressed about you either. He turned to Hana and Jongki, stepping closer to them whilst still grabbing you by the wrist. 

"What? You the manager?" Jongki asked, scanning Kai from head to toe almost scowling.

"..." Kai didn't reply to him, but he pierced his eyes at Hana. "...Apologize. Now." He commanded. Your eyes widened at him, as did Hana's.

"W-What?!" She retorted

"It doesn't take a lot to know you tripped her up...it's called having eyes" He remarked and her jaw dropped to the ground. 

"W-What- I'm not apologizing to anyone!" She protested loudly, making the cafe go silent again. You awkwardly cleared your throat before nudging him.

"I-It's fine Kai, we're causing a-" 

Kai suddenly pulled your wrist and held out your palm in front of them.

"That'll be 120,000 won- including your order that wasn't on the menu, the three other orders you just spilt and the damages of property...pay up...or else" He threatened. Jongki scoffed at him in disbelief before shooting up from his seat, glaring him down.

"Or else what?" 

"What else?...i call the police" 

You're eyes widened at his suggestion. H-He's bluffing right? He can't call the police here, not with EXO-K around!

You could only assume since you couldn't tell by the looks of his face. 

"I think it'll be in your best interest if you were listen to our employee..." Baekhyun added as he stepped up to them. "Would that be cash or credit?" He asked them, mimicking the fake smile you pulled off oh-so well. You couldn't help but hold in your smile when you saw the shock on their faces. 

"Pft! Fine" Jongki scoffed as he grabbed his wallet and smacked the cash down onto the table. "Happy?" 

"Not yet" Chanyeol grinned before turning to Hana with a straight face. "Say sorry..." He reminded, making Hana gawk at him.

"N-No way-"

"Apologize...and get out" Kai repeated as the cafe remained silent, waiting for her to reply. Hana looked around before standing up from her seat.

"Come on honey, let's go" She said as she grabbed Jongki by the arm and dragged him out of the cafe. You took your wrist back from Kai and bowed to the customers again. 

"Sorry, sorry" You repeated as everyone started going back to their conversations. Suho walked closer to you before he cleared his throat to get your attention. 

"Permission?" He asked vaguely. 

"Permission for what?" You knitted your eyebrows. He peered left and right before lifting his hand and suddenly the drinks evaporated and the shards of broken glass made it's way to the bin. You jolted at the moving glass and smacked him lightly on the arm in alarm. "Oppa!" 

"You asked" He shrugged. 

"Well i didn't say yes, did i?" You retorted as the boys made their way up to you. 

"Ji-Eun-ah, are you alright?!" Sehun quickly dashed up to you and grabbed your hands to check for cuts. You looked up and saw their worried and gloomy faces but reassured them with a smile.

"I'm fine" You told them. "Let's get back to work!"