Climbing Silver; Bunny-what?

'Project X'

Previously on Project X...

"I just...don't want Ji-Eun to be in danger along with us..."

The boys are starting to doubt themselves as the time runs out...But they still want to keep faith in you.

"Ji-Eun isn't a normal girl remember? She's strong and intuitive, and even more- she has us. We'll work it out and she'll be safe...we'll all be"

"Even if she didn't have anything in for it...she'd do it for us if she had to"

And you found out something interesting about puzzles...

"It...cures sadness?"

"You didn't know? People get into these things for a reason!"

Or so you thought...

"Why did he give us 48 hours anyway?"

"I bet he just wants to stress us out more, the little brat"

 

Tension was rising as time was running out and you woke up noticing the fatigue on EXO-K's faces. They mustn't have gotten a good sleep again, but you were the same; fatigue and mentally frustrated. Now it was really time to think of a plan before the bomb could detonate. 

"Should we try and find someone that can solve it for us?" Chanyeol suggested as the 7 of you made your way to school. D.O suddenly scoffed.

"Yeah sure- 'Hey there! Can solve this for us please? The red lights counting down you ask? Oh nothing- Just counting down to our deaths!" D.O huffed sarcastically, obviously getting a little crabby from the lack of sleep.

"Well what do you suggest then, genius?" Baekhyun questioned him in a mimicking scoff. D.O thought.

"Why can't we ask professor to help us? The old man should know a few tricks right?"

"Slim chance. If we've never seen one of those things before then neither would professor." Suho argued. 

"Fine then, Kai- how far can you teleport? If you can go far enough and leave the bomb and come back then maybe it'll explode so that it's not in our range" Everyone actually considered that plan for a second. Everyone besides you. 

"That won't work either" you sighed. "I don't think that Luhan would be happy with that resolve. He won't give back the Aphrodyt for sure and you guys 'drop like flies' unless you go back to your dimensi-"

"We're staying here until we finish our mission, whether we like it or not" Baekhyun quickly interrupted and everyone turned to him, slightly stunned that he was able to say it without the slightest shiver in his voice. Suho nodded in approval. "Baekhyun's right. And either way, we don't know how dangerous or powerful the bomb is, it might be small but for all we know it could be a nuclear fusion and we'd have to drop the thing in the middle of the pacific ocean- Kai won't be able to manage that"  

You glanced over to Sehun who'd stayed quiet throughout the entire discussion. He was thinking hard just as much as the others were- but the sullen look in his eyes were still there. "...Let's think about it later..." You suggested in a calm tone, making everyone turn to you curiously. "We can't force ideas out of our brains right? Let's just go with the flow, slowly think our way through it" You started speeding up, distancing yourself from the others as they watched you skip your way to school, as if not at all scared the bomb would explode in your backpack. 

"I knew she was different...but not loony in the head" D.O pulled a face that looked both confused and curious. The others just chuckled and continued walking. 

 

Class started, and today you were forced to complete the whole timetable. You'd gotten through first, second, third and fourth without thinking too much, but after lunch- your focus on your studies had completely shut down and all you could think of was the bomb...and Luhan himself. You couldn't put the pieces together...his eyes...they were saying something; or so you thought. And this murderous intent...has it always been there since you first met him? It would make sense if it did, right? So why did he seem so different from when you first talked to him? Is he that great of an actor? And another thing to think about was Sehun. He's been awfully quiet the passed few days and you haven't really done anything to help him; mostly because you didn't know how, you've already tried making him feel better when he first found out about Luhan...but after seeing how much Luhan's changed- his heart is probably in pieces, and you wouldn't know how to fix that. 

"Ji-Eun...Ji-Eun...Han Ji-Eun!" 

"Y-Yes?!" You yelled in a jolt and looked up to see your music teacher, glaring at you through his frameless specs with almost a knowing and amused look. "I'm not boring you am i?" He asked with a friendly yet stern voice. You could hear the class giggling from behind. 

"N-No, sorry" You apologized, your chin to your neck. But believe it or not, you were actually really close to this man- Yoo Ji-Hoon; the only teacher who has ever opened up to you and knows about your difficult situation at home and has always had full acknowledged your musical talent. He had a certain friendliness to him, even the first day when you were a first year, he was one of the teachers who made a lasting impression on you, not just because he was one of the good-looking teachers. He's pretty strict and blunt at times, but somehow manages to fit in a few snide and witty comments...and other than that- he always had some freaky ability of some kind, as though he knew exactly what to say and how to help you, and after all these years- you don't understand how he does it. Ji-Hoon stared at you with a knowing look before continuing. 

"I'll continue then-" He was about to resume the lesson when suddenly the classroom door opened, everyones' eyes casted to the person coming through. "Sorry...I'm supposed to be in this class"

A few enthusiastic gasped escaped the few girls in your class and the familiarity of the voice made you turn your neck faster than a light switch. "Oh..." You urged as you watched him hand Ji-Hoon a note. 

"Byun Baekhyun is it?" He asked, taking the note however not even bothering to read it. 

"Yes sir" Baekhyun replied politely before he noticed you at the corner of his eye. So she's in my class. He thought to himself with a hidden grin.

"Very well then Baekhyun, please take a seat, preferably the one next to Miss Ji-Eun"

"M-Me?" You gawked at the random suggestion whilst pointing towards yourself. Sir nodded his head. "There's only one free seat Miss Han"

"Oh...Right" You said whilst clearing your throat. Baekhyun bowed to the teacher before making his way to the seat beside you. The girls in the class turning to each other in gossip. 

"Once again- as i was saying..." Sir went on to teach the rest of the lesson, but somehow it felt different...different because you had a friend in your class, a friend who kept grinning whenever he noticed you glance at him now and then. The lesson passed and it finally came to a finish as everyone packed up their things- apart from Baekhyun who only now did you notice hadn't owned a school bag. I should make a note of that- buy EXO-K school bags. You thought as you packed your things away, trying your best not to be too suspicious as you slowly put away your pencil case and notebooks around the glowing bomb.

"Sorry Baekhyun, it might be a little difficult for you at first, if you have any problems let me know" Sir said to Baekhyun, slowly clearing the chalk board. Baekhyun nodded despite the fact that sir had his back to him. "Yes sir" He replied as he waited for you to pack away and stand. 

"...Miss Han..." He called before you could exit with Baekhyun. You both halted. "A word?" He said. You look up at Baekhyun and smiled. "Go ahead and find the others, you don't need to wait" You told him. He paused, debating whether or not to argue but later nodded and exited the class. You walked up to Ji-Hoon who had now turned away from the board and crossed his arms at you. "Yes sir?" You asked, a tone of hopefulness in your voice that you wouldn't get scolded at. 

"I can't help but notice you're a little in the clouds" 

"Yeah, sorry about that" You chuckled awkwardly. 

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to...It's not about the rent is it?" He asked as though he already knew the answer.

"Not this time" You shook your head. 

"That's a first then" He gave a little smile. "Anything to do with your friends?" He rose an eyebrow and you did the same. He knew you didn't have any friends- not any in school or around your age anyway. But when he indicated the door with his eyes you knew who he was on about. 

"Oh- no it's not that...well not really...there's just too much to think about these days, i don't know how to gather it all" You huffed stressfully, adjusting the straps on your shoulders. Ji-Hoon thought for a moment before sighing. 

"You know the problem with you Ji-Eun, is that you shouldn't think so forwardly" 

"...What do you mean?" You asked, not quite getting what he was at when he suddenly showed you the palm of his hand, his fingers spread out. "Repeat what i do..." He ordered. You gave him another funny look before concentrating on his hand. He tapped the fingertips of his fingers with his other hand, followed by the lining of his index finger towards his thumb and back and then crossed his arms. "End" he stated. But your funny glare remained. "...Repeat it" He said, waiting for you to copy. You shrugged your shoulders and did as he said, mimicking the little pattern with your fingers and dropping your arms back down when you were finished. Sir shook his head and gestured an 'X' with his arms. "Wrong~" He sung to your confusion. 

"Eh?" You urged. You didn't know how you slipped up on something so simple. 

"As i said, repeat everything i do..." He said before doing exactly the same thing; tapping his fingers and finishing as he crossed his arms. "End" He finished. You still glared at him quizzically, not understanding the difference it had from what you'd done. You sighed, seeing as sir was patiently waiting for you to get it right and repeated it again. "Wrong again" 

"What?" You urged once more. 

"Ji-Eun-ah, what were my instructions for you to know when to follow?"

"...You told me to repeat everything you did" You answered honestly. Ji-Hoon nodded with open eyes. "Exactly...try again" Sir repeated the pattern for the third time, but this time with weird sound effects. "Bunny, bunny, bunny, bunny-woop, bunny-woop, bunny, bunny, bunny, end" He finished and once again crossed his arms naturally. "...Think carefully about what i've been talking to you about..." He hinted.

He said for me to repeat everything he does...but before that he said i shouldnt think too forwardly...? You retraced the steps and it finally clicked. "Oh~!" you snapped your fingers in understanding and laughed at yourself for not getting it in the first place. You repeated the pattern with the same sound effects sir used. "Bunny, bunny, bunny, bunny-woop, bunny-woop, bunny bunny, bunny, end" You finished, this time crossing your arms with a victory smile. That was what you missed and you knew you were right when sir finally smiled in approval "Good, now how did you figure that out?" 

"You said i thought to forwardly, so i thought about it from when you first called me over to when you told me to repeat what you said. Then i realized you said end after you crossed your arms, i didn't do it because i didn't think it was included in the pattern" you chuckled at yourself. 

"...And...?" He said, as if waiting for you to say something else. But you didn't have anything else to say. "And what?" 

"...Did you realize anything?" he glared at you, but you still couldn't grasp what he was implying "Erm..." you paused. Was there anything else to it? 

"You're dismissed" He shot you a knowing look before taking off his glasses and gesturing to the door. "I think we've kept them waiting long enough, don't you?" 

"Sorry?" You asked, again not understanding what he was getting at. But he didn't repeat what he said and just gestured to the door until you slowly made your way to the exit, the same puzzled look on your face. But you stopped before you could get to the door. "Hey sir..." You called to his attention. "Just out of curiosity- do you by any chance know how to solve a Rubik's cube without making any mistakes? like- at all?" You asked, and as expected he looked at you funny.  "Not sure about that...but little advice...Don't run, don't rush- you'll be surprised" He smiled. 

"What does that mean?" You asked, almost laughing at yourself for how confused and dumbfounded you were. 

"You'll figure it out" He said, turning away from you and writing on the chalk board what seems to be the plan for his next lesson. You scratched your head, bowing to him before finally leaving the classroom, remaining puzzled as you were. Don't run, don't rush? Am i supposed to take that literally? You sighed, although somehow feeling a hint of reassurance after that conversation. You walked out the music block and found EXO-K patiently waiting for you outside the main building. 

"Oh! She's here! Ji-Eun~!" Chanyeol called, rushing up to you and about to give you a hug when he flinched away. "Oh wait" He urged, remembering that there was a reactive bomb in your bag. "Sorry" He chuckled, giving you arm an awkwardly pat. You couldn't help but giggle at him a little. "You were all waiting for me?"

"Well we don't want to leave you alone with that thing" Kai raised his eyebrows towards your backpack. 

"What did sir want?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Oh- it's nothing, he's a pretty close friend of mine so..." You paused, suddenly remembering what he said a couple of minutes ago. "I think we've kept them waiting long enough, don't you?"  This is what you meant by Ji-Hoon having a weird ability to know about everything and anything. He knew that EXO-K were waiting for you...It wouldn't be as surprising if he'd just meant Baekhyun, since he did get to know him in class, but it was plural, he knew there was more than one person waiting for you. Wow that's freaky. You thought to yourself, although who could talk when you were living with 6 boys from another dimension with a bomb on your back. 

"...'So' what?" D.O wanted you to continue, but you simply shook your head. "Doesn't matter, school's finished now, let's go home!" 

As usual you made your way back home, discussing and chatting with EXO-K, although singling out Sehun at first who didn't really seem to be in the mood for a conversation. But you tried your best to get him involved and be as cheerful as you could, thinking that if laughter was contagious maybe happiness will be too. You started asking him questions and for his point of view on things, it was so obvious what you were trying to do that the others started to join in. 

"We should probably set a goal for ourselves" Suho suggested. "What do you think Sehun?" 

"Eh?" 

"We should figure something out by today or sometime near don't you think?" 

"Er, yeah sure" 

"Remember not to do anything we're not sure of though" Baekhyun reminded. 

"Yeah- or push comes to shove we send Kai here over to the pacific" D.O reached over and grabbed Kai into a friendly headlock and the two laughed at each other and the mood became brighter for a moment...until. 

"Well, well, Miss Han Ji-Eun" That voice that you'd almost completely forgotten called you once again and regained your memories. You turned around along with the rest of them and saw Officer Lee strolling towards you. If it were only you in front of him, it would be alright, however EXO-K were here. An officer with EXO-K; not a good combination at all. Your heart jolted and your mind went into panic mode.

"Pft! Who's this guy?" Chanyeol questioned with a scoff, not even remembering that he's already met this police man before- however in a fake uniform and mustache claiming to be from Britain. 

"Not now Yeol- run!" You yanked his school blazer and hit Kai's arm as a signal to leg it. Everyone looked at you, confused. 

"Whoa, wait- why?" D.O asked, only just detecting your alarm.

"Questions later! Come on!" you frantically pulled their arms until they finally listened to you. 

"HEY!" Officer Lee yelled, following. 

All of you started running down the road, but you could tell they weren't legging it to their full power like you were trying to do. They were running with you- which was all they thought about doing since they didn't understand the situation. "Why are we running?" Kai asked, not a pant in his breathe.

"I'll tell you later! Just..." You hit the brakes at your feet and halted, making EXO-K do the same. "Little advice...Don't run, don't rush- you'll be surprised"  You remembered Ji-Hoon's words to you. Surely he couldn't have meant now...but when else would it apply? You weren't the kind to go running on your free time- and he knew that well enough. 

"...What?" D.O wondered, confused that you've suddenly stopped in thought. You bit your bottom lip, hearing the footsteps behind you approach closer and closer. You better be right, sir. You thought to yourself as though he'd actually hear and turned around to face officer Lee. 

"Oh~ Not so fast now are we?" He sniggered, although evidently out of breathe. "Got that street license yet little miss?" 

It's this guy again? Chanyeol frowned, suddenly able to recognize him when he mentioned this license thing.

"I left it at home, sorry officer" You apologized in your lie and EXO-K suddenly turned to the man in alarm. Officer?

"Ha! Do you expect me to believe..." The officer noticed the boys behind you glaring at him. They didn't like the tone you were using with you and were glaring him down like prey. "And who are these guys? You're body guards?" He asked, which relieved you. He couldn't recognize them, he doesn't know them yet. If what EXO-K told you were true, then this guy probably isn't that higher up in the department. 

"They're just my friends" You turned to each of them. 

"Ha! Well, I see they have a good taste in picking brats" He scoffed when suddenly D.O's about to swing a fist at him. 

"D.O!" Suho and you called out before Sehun and Kai could grab him. 

"Oh~ dare mess with an officer ey? Seems like your kind of people then, brat" He continued to insult you, making the others grit their teeth and Kai tempted to let go of D.O and let him smack his fists into his face at least once. D.O sniggered as he struggled to be released from their grasps. "Hmph! It's funny, for a guy who does things by the law he's pretty rotten himself" D.O retorted hatefully. 

Come on sir, if I'm gong to be surprised it should be around now. You thought hopefully. 

"I'll let you off for today...seeing as you don't have that tattered guitar with you. But I'm watching you...all of you" He warned giving you and the boys a grim look before walking away and off into the corner where he vanished from your sight. D.O struggled one last time before Kai and Sehun released him. "What the heck was that about?" He scowled. 

"Nothing...He's been pestering me like that for years...come on let's go, i need to go to work" Were you referring to that sir? For me not to run or rush...? Was him letting me off the surprise?