The Stare Dare

'Project X'

"Ahahaha, I heard Luhan got beaten a couple of weeks ago?" A voice sniggered amusingly. "I thought so~ That guy can't do much anyway" He said almost happily.

"..." No one replied to that for a moment. "I assume you can do better?"

"Hmph, of course i can" He smirked "Just tell me what you want done..." 

 

When you all walked to and from school, you noticed that Luhan was still active with his modeling job. Although you still didn't know why he disappeared, you were confident enough to know that he's probably happier than he was before. You all went to school as normal, although a few gossips and rumors went around when they saw you with a plaster on your face, however you still ignored them like you usually did. 

"Oh!" Chanyeol was walking to his next class with some of his friends when he spotted you walking alone. "Ji-Eun-ah!~ Over-"

"Dude! What are you doing!?" A boy reached over his shoulders and threw his head down to his height. Chanyeol looked at his new friends quizzically, confused at their shocked faces.

"What? It's only Ji-Eun" He said innocently and his friends shook their heads in disapproval. 

"No, no, no dude, that girl is bad news~" A boy with big thick glasses widened his eyes at him.

"Rumor has it, no one can stare into her eyes for more than 10 seconds without something bad happening"

"...Eh?" Chanyeol looked at them as if they had a third eye. "That's so stupid!" He chuckled. But his friends just looked at him with serious eyes. He scoffed at them. "Come on guys, no way is that true!" 

"Well how do you know that?" One of them asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Yeah, have you stared into her eyes for more than 10 seconds?" The other boy asked in a frightened tone and Chanyeol gave it a thought. Have I...? 

 

You started making your way to your next lesson when three girls stood in front of you, blocking your way. 

"What's with the plasters? Did little miss klutz run into a pole again?" Kwon Hana sniggered along with the other two. You blew a strand of your hair away from your face before pushing your way through them. Her eyebrow twitched from agitated before she grabbed you by the shoulder and pulled you back. "Ya! Han Ji-Eun, you dare ignore me?!" She squealed. You have her a tired look before replying.

"If you don't have anything good to say, then I'm not interested" You told her, brushing away her hand from your shoulder before you walked away, infuriating her even more. I'll teach her one day that little ! 

"Oh, Ji-Eun-shi" Suho called you, casually leaving his friends group to walk up to you. You smiled, seeing as he was nice enough to greet you. 

"Suho-shi, is something wrong?" You asked, looking back to his friends who all seemed to be old enough to drop their curiosity and leave him. 

"No...you know you can call me oppa right?" He gave you a friendly smile and you blinked at him. You kind of guessed before that he was older, but with a face like that you couldn't have been too sure. You started laughing. 

"Okay, so what class are you going to next- Suho-oppa?" The word was a little unfamiliar to you, it didn't feel right coming from your mouth and it just felt a little unnatural, but Suho shone a sweet smile, unnatural or not, he liked it.

"Oh Suho-hyung!" Chanyeol called as he ran up to join in. He spotted you and jolted for a second, but you didn't notice. "What's the matter?" He asked, seeing the two of you together and automatically thinking you were talking about something important. But the two of you just laughed and shook your heads. 

"Nothing's wrong. After class i can go home, are you coming with?"

"Sure, i'll tell the others" Suho replied. You nodded at him with a smile.

"Okay, i should get to class, see you later oppa, you too Yeol" You said, about to walk away to enter the building when Chanyeol stopped you. 

"Ji-Ji-Eun..." He stuttered. You turned back and looked at him. He glared at you with a determined look on his face, his eyes nailed at yours as you patiently waited for him to say something but all he did was glare...however the longer he stared, the more red his face became. Not even 6 seconds and he suddenly squatted his body to the floor, acting exhausted as if he'd held his breath. "I-It's nothing!" He finally dismissed you. You gave Suho a curious look and he shrugged his shoulders, looking just as confused as you were. You brushed it off as another funny Chanyeol game and went into the building to get to class. Suho sighed as he bent down to look at Chanyeol face to face. 

"What the hek was that?" He asked. Chanyeol pouted at him. "Hyung~"

 

You'd walked to the front gates when you noticed that everyone was already there, busy discussing something. You crept up behind them. "What we talking about?" You said out of no where, making them jump out of their skin. 

"Nothing!" Sehun snapped. 

"Well then, let's go!" You said, patting Kai on the back before making a head start. EXO-K sighed in relief.

"So what did you discover about Ji-Eun?" Kai asked to Chanyeol and the others darted to him immediately. 

"You can't look into her eyes for more than ten seconds..."

"...Pft!" D.O, Kai and Sehun burst into laugher. "No way man" D.O scoffed. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be able to-" Kai was about to reply when Chanyeol interrupted.

"It's true, i tried it and it didn't work! You were there, right hyung?" He turned to Suho for a witness. Suho nodded with an unsure face.

"He's got a point. He did cave in for some reason" Suho agreed with him. 

"What are you guys doing? It's cold! Let's hurry!" You yelled at them, already quite far ahead. They caught up soon enough, however you made sure to get to Latte cafe quickly. The weather was getting colder and colder, and trust you to forget your coat at the coldest of days. 

"Oh Han-chan, you're back already...And you brought the volunteers!" Jun greeted as the seven of you entered Latte cafe. You'd convinced Junpei that EXO-K were offering help around Latte cafe for extra-credit, and being the innocent minded man he was, he could only be grateful for them for 'taking the weight off your shoulders a little'. "How you doing boys?!" He quickly grabbed Kai into a head lock and friendly ruffled his hair before letting him go. Kai laughed at him as he fixed his hair back. "Well, I'll leave her to you boys then, Han-chan I've finished the pastries they're in the oven okay?" 

"Are you not staying?" You asked him. 

"Nah, i don't need to worry now that I've got these fellas to help you out" He said, smacking his hand on D.O's back so hard that it made him jump. "Don't forget- the oven" He reminded as he grabbed his things and walked out. You waved your hand as he walked away.

"He seems nice" Chanyeol commented with a grin. 

 

You got ready for work upstairs, and since there were now 6 guys in your house hold, you had to get yourself ready in the bathroom. Whilst you were getting ready, the boys got themselves together into the living room to finish their discussion from before.

"I'm telling you, you can't stare into her eyes for more than 10 seconds!" Chanyeol continued. The members glanced at each other.

"I still don't get why" D.O crossed his arms.

"I'm serious- right if you don't believe me then how about this..." He looked at each of them. "I dare all of you to try to look into her eyes. The first one to stare into them for 10 seconds gets to prove me wrong!" He huffed in determination.

"Sounds interesting" Kai smirked.

"Is that a deal?" Chanyeol asked, putting his hands out. Sehun shrugged his shoulders and put his hands over his. D.O and Kai and Suho did the same soon after, leaving Baekhyun to raise his eyebrows at them.

"Really? You're all going in on this?" He scoffed.

"What? not so confident?" Kai teased.

"Do i really have to?" Baekhyun sighed with a tired look on his face. 

"Aren't you curious? Ji-Eun might have secret super powers~" Sehun lifted his eyebrows. 

"Just do it" Suho snapped. Baekhyun shook his head but caved in, putting his hands over theirs.

You got changed into your regular black t-shirt and waitress apron and came out of the bathroom whilst adjusting your bun when you saw D.O and Sehun sitting on the couch, their ties and blazer off. 

"You guys should get ready, the cafe's about to open soon" You said as you walked closer to them. You took a closer look at them in their school shirt and pants. The school had to buy them new ones after the incident with Luhan, which was good for you since you were scared you'd have to buy all six of them new uniforms. "I should get you guys some black t-shirts for work, you can't do everything in your uniforms afterall" You said whilst thinking to yourself about your next visit to the mall. 

"Ji-Eun" D.O called you name as he shot up from the couch to step closer to you. 

"Hm?" You looked at him. But no reply. He glared into your eyes, trying his best to keep a straight face. But the innocence on your face made it difficult for him. You noticed him starting to go red before he suddenly burst.

"WITCHCRAFT!" He yelled to no one in particular before throwing himself back onto the couch, burying his face into your pillow. Your eyes widened at him and you glanced over to Sehun for answers. "What was that about?" You asked him, but Sehun blinked and shrugged his shoulders. You shook your head at them before heading downstairs. What's up with them today? They're acting so wierd...