Climbing Silver; Puzzled

'Project X'

Previously on Project X...

Sehun found out about Luhan...And now the real trouble starts...Because he's has the Aphrodyt

"The person you felt so close to...someone you loved like family...for them to change so suddenly and leave you- it's quite traumatizing really isn't it?"

"Cute...You think i'm actually going to give it you back just like that?" 

"I opened my eyes and accepted my fate. As the prophecy says, one day we'll be hunted. We'll keep on living in this stupid fear of death and run, but the results will still be the same. It's like climbing a mountain or a cliff knowing that you'll fall due to another...So right now, unlike you people, I'll be climbing silver until that day comes..."

"You're with the 'others'"

"We all fail to see...how a clumsy high school girl could possibly save us as the prophecy says" "At one point today, come to Baeson high school's atrium...i'll speak to you then"

 

You changed from your uniform into your jeans and blue baseball jacket along and decided on carrying your backpack with you. "You ready to go?" You asked Sehun after coming out of the bathroom and saw him already changed into the clothes you'd brought him from the mall. "Yup" He replied with a nod and you turned to the others. "We'll be back before midnight, remember to close the shop at eight today" You got your coat ready as you nagged them about the orders. 

"You'll be okay right?" Chanyeol asked, a dreading concern in his eyes 

"I'll be fine Yeol, i promise" You ensured him before heading down the stairs. 

"Sehun-ah..." Suho called to the magnae before Sehun could follow you down the stairs "Take care of her okay?" He smiled confidently at him and Sehun nodded determinedly. "I will" He said before going down the stairs. Once the two of you were out of sight, the 5 of them automatically jumped to the couch to surround D.O who'd taken out a flat touch screen device and activated the hologram screen.

"Any information yet?" Kai glared at D.O who used his hands to move around the different holograms that floated in the air. "SHH! Just give me a second!" He snapped and suddenly a blank document popped up with a flashing 'error'. "Nothing...No information on Luhan or the 'others' on the database" He ruffled his hair stressfully and the other members groaned in disappointment. Baekhyun thought to himself. "Wait" He lightly pushed Chanyeol out of the way to lean over and move around the holograms, bringing up a dialing screen with symbols and numbers and dialing in two numbers and two symbols. 

"Dude, what are you-" 

"Making a call" Baekhyun answered before Kai could finish asking, and suddenly the screen showed professors face, half asleep in his lab. "Professor!" Baekhyun called to wake him up.

"[WAH!]" the old man jumped out of his skin and faced his screen. "[Boys! What's wrong?]" He asked quizzically, adjusting his glasses to the bridge of his nose.

"We need some information..." Baekhyun started...

 

You left Latte Cafe with Sehun, praying that it'd be in good conditions when you return and made it to the front school gates that surprisingly weren't locked. Sehun and you went across campus to head to the building that led up to the atrium, you came to one of the double doors and tried to tug it open. "Damn it's locked" You huffed and the puff of steam escaped when your warm breath collided with the cold air. Sehun squinted his eyes, trying to see the locking mechanism through the dark. He placed the palm of his hands over the silver lock and a gush of wind turned the mechanism and unlocked with a click. You heard the little metal clank and pulled the door open, glancing at Sehun afterwards. Sehun shrugged his shoulders innocently. "No one's around..." He defended himself as you entered. The building was dark, the only light passing through being the street lamps from outside that shone through the windows. You looked around the ceilings for the security cameras but saw that they were all torn apart. "This guy destroyed school property" You huffed, aware that Luhan was smart enough to know about the school security. 

"School looks so scary at night" Sehun commented, scanning his eyes around the building that was still unfamiliar to him. 

"Yeah, it's worse enough in the daylight" You scoffed jokingly, lightening up the mood. "Come on- the quicker we get there the quicker we get things done" You speeded up and soon enough came to the doors to the atrium at the end of the hall. You paused for a moment to think to yourself carefully...but you couldn't organize your stream of thoughts and questions fast enough and caved in to your impaitent self.

"Decided to come early?" Luhan's voice echoed across the glass atrium. You and Sehun jolted and turned to one of the wooden desks to see him leaning casually against it with his arms crossed.

"...Why waste time you know?" You replied. Luhan caught sight of Sehun and paused. 

"I see you were picked" He said bluntly. 

"I wanted to come" Sehun retorted sternly and you were proud of him for trying so hard to stay strong. 

"Well we're here now...why did you call us up here?" You questioned, and there was a short silence where Luhan didn't reply, just blatantly gaze at you with a patronizing glare that you couldn't read. But even with his patronizing glare...his eyes...there was something about them that confused you from the time you first saw him up until now...what could it be? Sehun wasn't so settled yet, he was still biting onto his bottom lip and struggling in taking deep breathes. You noticed his uneasiness and began to worry. This must be hurting him so much...Was it a good idea to bring him...? You started to doubt yourself. 

"I want to make a deal with you" Luhan begun, distracting you from Sehun.

"...A deal?"  

"Nothing much" He shrugged his shoulders casually, burying his hands into his pockets. "Just to test something out...let's call it a game" 

 

"[Ah...so they've shown themselves already, just as i feared]" Professor sighed. "[To think Luhan would be one of them]" He said with a sullen voice. Breaking the news to Professor was easy when there was 5 of them to do it. 

"You knew the 'others' were here and didn't tell us?" Kai gave a stern look. 

"[It's not that i didn't tell you boys, it's because i wasn't so sure of it myself]" He explained himself. "[But now that you've told me- I'm afraid that I'm going to have to explain a few things to you now aren't i?]" 

"We'll hear your full explanation with Sehun- but for now, we need to know more about Luhan" Suho begun. "He'll probably be plotting something if he's calling Ji-Eun and Sehun, any ideas professor?" 

"[Well i can never be 100 percent sure but as you may already know, although telekinesis is Luhan's specialty- he's rather fond of puzzles and games and was always profoundly confident in that skill. If he wants to challenge anybody- it'll involve something he'll have an advantage in...and now that he has the Aphrodyt, I'm afraid that he's at a bigger disadvantage than ever]" 

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked. 

"[We know Luhan well i can guess, he's not stupid. He has a knack at messing with peoples head and being very tricky- all i can say boys is think carefully about it...use your heads and don't be puzzled"

 

"What game?"

Luhan sniggered at your question. "Let's be honest, it'll be more fun for me than for you" 

"That's not really answering my question" You huffed at him, beginning to get agitated. "I asked what game you're suggesting" 

"...You really don't know who you're messing with, Ji-Eun..." He once again ignored your question, however you could only jolt at the fact that he'd just said your name for the first time. 

"You know my name?" 

"I know much more than just your name" He said with a smug smile.

"How do you-"

"It's all in the prophecy..."

"..." You didn't know how to reply to that and just waited for him to continue. 

"The game I'm 'suggesting'...you could chose whether or not you wish to play..."

"What happens if i don't play?" 

"Then of course- we keep the Aphrodyt forever...and you know what happens to them if that happens right?" He peered over to Sehun as you furrowed your eyebrows and did the same. Sehun avoided your eye contact and wandered his eyes around the room. "You didn't know?" Luhan continued. The purple crystal that sat still on the desk beside him suddenly floating in front of him, the glow inside it was brighter than the last time you saw it. "This little crystal...so worthless to you, but worth their lives...because it's what's been keeping them alive in this dimension- keep it away from them for too long and i'm pretty sure, they'd drop like flies" 

"!!!" You twisted your neck violently towards Sehun who couldn't have looked more uncomfortable, which meant to you that what Luhan said was indeed a fact more than fiction. "Sehun-ah..." You mumbled with a shocked expression and Sehun finally looked at you with apologetic eyes. "Sorry Ji-Eun, we didn't tell you because we didn't want to worry or guilt you-"

"Worry? You're lives could be at state and you're worried about me being 'worried'?" you scolded him loudly, but Sehun just slowly nodded his head with a guilty look on his face. But now, at least your decision was clear. "I'll do it" You said sternly and confidently, making Sehun's eyes broaden where as Luhan just made an unsure face. 

"Are you sure about that?" He questioned, pushing himself off the table and stepping closer to you. "You haven't heard the full proposal yet...you never know, you might benefit more by not playing at all" 

"As if!-". Sehun lightly grabbed your arm and you looked at him and saw the concern in his eyes. "Ji-Eun..." He called your name as if to tell you to be more careful. You sighed at him. "Okay...what's the deal then?"

Luhan stopped in front of Sehun and waited. Their eyes locked and you watch them glare at each other, unable to read what their gazes meant. "Here..." Luhan said, cutting the eye contact with Sehun and looking towards you instead. Suddenly something floats your way, a lit up cube of different colors. "...What's this?" You stared at it curiously and bared out your hand for it to land. A familiar looking thing- although you couldn't imagine why.

A basic cube that lit up in different colours...but what caught your eye were the blinking red numbers '00:00:00' on the other side. A timer. But one yet to be set. You flinched slightly, wanting to throw the thing away but you were afraid that it'd only set it off and Sehun just watches you in confusion. He must have not noticed the timer. 

"A little present for you...Look familiar?" Luhan smirked. "I've taken a fond in this little puzzle since I've come here...We got the most interesting one for you, they call it a 'Rubik's cube touch'"

"Rubik's cube?" That's why it was familiar. The famous rubik's cube puzzle. The 4x4 little devil that's been frustrating people for years. "...And you want me to solve it?" You asked hopefully- something as simple as that you had a chance to work with, but judging by Luhan's laugh- it wasn't going to be that easy. 

TICK! 

A small; high-pitched click was enough to give both you and Sehun a heart attack. That was when he finally noticed the timer, however it changed... '48:00:00' and then another small click and it's set, counting down the seconds and minutes as we speak. 

"I'll give you 48 hours..." Luhan started, and both of you notice his change in pose. His arms crossed and eyes looking at the ground. "That thing is packed with highly reactive explosives. It's rigged so that one bad move would blow anyone or anything within miles to pieces." That statement sent a shockwave from your head to your toes. Although it shouldn't have surprised you- to pack such harmful explosives in a thing- this boy had murderous intentions to begin with. "There's a certain pattern to it...if you figure it out, i want you to come to me to give your reasoning. Solve it- however make the wrong move once and you'll lose more than a handy arm" 

Sehun's eyes widened. "Hyung..." he mumbled in shock but Luhan just shrugged his shoulders with a sigh. "Doing nothing will save your life- you didn't listen" He scoffed at you with a harsh tone. 

"..." You didn't know what to say, only just glare at the glowing timer count down the seconds. And you still couldn't believe it. Although you did sense a rather dangerous aura about him at first glance...was it really...dangerous to this extent?s. Sehun turned to you. "Ji-Eu-"

"If i don't solve it within 48 hours...i lose and you win. I'll be killed and more likely along with the others if they're around...But if i happen to solve it right within those hours- i win...Since you get your 'prize' if i lose, what's mine if i win?" You questioned with a rather shaky voice, which in return actually made him think. 

"I'll let you think of that one yourself" He said, almost generously. And you did for a moment until you notice Luhan again for some reason returning to his original pose, having his hands in his pockets. "Best be on my way..." His eyes quickly glanced at Sehun for a split second before he casually strolled passed you. 

"W-wait!" You called, seeing as Sehun didn't say it- but to no avail, he disappeared completely and you sighed before turning to Sehun angrily. "Why didn't you talk to him?!" You scolded, until realizing how sullen he'd become and softened. "You could have said something to him..." 

"...I'll meet him again" Sehun replied in a forced smile.