Climbing Silver; A heartwarming story

'Project X'

Previously on Project X...

The deal on  Luhan had been spilt...

"So..That guy is really Sehun's brother?" 

"He just changed" 

But now...you're busted.

"It's him! How can you forget!" "Hyung! Tell me you know who this is!" 

"[Things are looking far from blue for young mister Luhan]" 

"I just...need some air" 

 

Work had finished, and at one point during that time, Baekhyun and D.O came out to help you out since it was Rins' day off. When you'd finished it was already late and you set up something for EXO-K to eat- but Sehun didn't join, which made you worry even more. "Is Sehun not coming at all?" You asked Suho who'd finished eating already. Suho shook his head with a displeased face. "He won't even talk..." He stated and everyone in the room seemed to go silent in thought. 

"He's probably just confused" Baekhyun sighed. "I can't blame him" 

"It's a pretty big shock" Chanyeol sympathized, staring at his now empty bowl. "He'll be thinking about the past..."

"We can't change the past...He's just going to have to accept that Luhan's changed" Suho said strictly. 

"...It'll be pretty hard for Sehun" Kai added. You thought to yourself...what Suho said is true...but Kai had a point. You sighed and stood up from your seat.

"It's getting late guys, you must be tired after going to school" You glanced at D.O and Baekhyun who still weren't changed from their school shirt although they'd taken off their ties and blazers. "You two as well, thanks for helping out- you should get some rest" you suggested, taking their plates and putting them in the sink. The boys nodded and stood up from their seats. "Thanks for the meal~" Chanyeol sung to you before strolling out of the room. "Thank you" The others thanked as they went out of the room.

 

You woke up the next day- even before your alarm clock went off and decided to get up early for a jump start to the bathroom. Afterwards you headed to the dining room and was shocked to find Sehun already sat down in his uniform. "Sehun?" You called and he jolted before turning towards you. "Oh Ji-Eun-ah" He called with a shaky voice. Now he's starting to call you that too, but this time you didn't seem to mind. 

"You're up early today" You said with a smile to calm his nerves. 

"Yeah" He replied before turning away from you again. You sighed with content and took the seat next to him. 

"...Are you alright?" You asked softly and Sehun took a deep breath before replying. "Yeah" He repeated, messing with his fingers and not looking into your eyes. 

"...Must be quite a shock huh..." You sympathized, wanting to make a conversation. Sehun didn't reply, only pouted to himself whilst slowly nodding his head. "I heard about Luhan from the others..." you told him, searching his expression to see what his reaction would be. But Sehun just nodded his head again- he already figured that they'd said something to you. "You don't mind?" You asked, and Sehun shook his head. After that you thought for a moment...although he probably didn't feel like talking, he'd want someone to talk to him. "It's hard isn't it?...Accepting that someone's changed..." You begun, trying to be perky whilst saying it. Sehun turned to you this time with a curious look and blinked at you smiling away at yourself. "I might not know how you feel exactly...but i think i could relate somehow" You nodded in understanding. 

"It's just...Luhan hyung..." Sehun begun, starting to feel the need to say something to you and you look at him to show that you were listening. "He was like a real brother to me...i didn't know what a bond was until i met him so it just...made me really sad that he wouldn't tell me anything. Why he changed or why he left...i tried to think of a reason why, but i couldn't think of anything" He explained with a saddened tone.

"I think i could understand" You stated in comfort. Sehun blinked and waited for you to continue. You leaned your head on your palm lazily. "The person you felt so close to...someone you loved like family...for them to change so suddenly and leave you- it's quite traumatizing really isn't it?" You smiled to make it less depressing of a story. 

"Has it happened to you Ji-Eun?" Sehun asked, now willing to talk more. You nodded at him whilst thinking to yourself...you know about Sehun...why can't Sehun know a little about you too? "My mom's plane crashed when she was going to Japan" you said, acting strong and saying it with a stern voice to make sure it didn't come off shaky. "She didn't make it alive"

Sehun jolted. "J-Ji-Eun-ah! I'm sorry i didn't-" 

"It's okay" you reassured with a small chuckle. "My mother's plane crashed when i was 9...and after that my father..." You paused at that word that always made you feel a little funny in the stomach. "My father who once walked me to school and picked me up when i fell, suddenly changed and never even came home because of his work. I was so upset at first...i cried to myself for days because i had to come home to no one and go to sleep knowing that no one was home...Waking up, going to school and going home, everything was done without anyone around me...living just became lonely" you thought back to those days and somehow softened. Sehun pouted as he listened to your story diligently. "But one day i figured...being upset wouldn't change anything...crying wouldn't bring my mother back neither would it bring my old father back. The best thing for me to do was accept it and plan out how i was going to live my life from then on" You turned to Sehun with a warm smile. "I tried my best to figure out the best way for me to find money for myself, the best way that i could live happily. So i convinced Rin who was the only worker in Latte cafe left if i could create this place, and looking back...i'm pretty proud of myself for it...everything turned out pretty well, and i don't think any of it would have happened if i didn't accept reality and move on" 

"...Ji-Eun-ah..." Sehun softened, almost in tears at your heartwarming story. "I'm sorry" He apologized, his chin to his neck but you chuckled and lightly patted him on the arm. "It's okay Sehun-ah..." You used informal speech to make him feel more comfortable around you, although you could only assume that you were around the same age. Sehun dramatically sobbed like the little baby he was from before and you couldn't help but erupt in hysterics at his attempt to charm you with his ageyo. The whole time you hadn't noticed the other members secretly listening into the conversation outside the room. Chanyeol sniffled, the tears welling up in his eyes. "You've had such a hard life Ji-Eun-ah~" He cried to himself and the other members nodded.

 

You made something for EXO-K to eat and Sehun decided to join in, you were expecting the members to be a little more surprised than you saw they were, but of course, they'd basically eavesdropped on the whole conversation without you realizing. Afterwards you went to school as normal, you heard that Jongki had gone to the hospital for a head injury and you were just hoping that it'd make him lose that little bit of memory of when he was chasing you around school. This time you finished school along with the others and all walked home together. "Ji-Eun-ah! Can we eat Ramen again today?!" Sehun beamed, linking your arms together. "Again? Fine, but i'm going to need to go to the supermarket again, i'm starting to run our already"

"Magnae! how dare you link arms with Ji-Eun!" Chanyeol pointed a finger at Sehun whilst linking his arm to your other arm. You rolled your eyes at their bickering but smiled amusingly. Kai gazed at your radiating smile and his lips unknowingly slowly formed a warm smile. 

"And what are you smiling at casanova-shi?" Suho patted Kai on the shoulder and made him jerk from surprise before clearing his throat. "Why wouldn't i be?" He asked with a scoff, wondering his eyes around the town. 

"Merrong~!" Sehun teased to Chanyeol, pulling you closer to him to agitated him even more. "Magnae!" Chanyeol scolded, letting you go and putting Sehun in a headlock, and messing up his hair. You laughed at them, knowing that they were only joking since Sehun was bursting in hysterics as he was getting 'harassed'. 

"Nice to know you're having fun Sehun" a voice suddenly called and everyone halted to turn to a figure in jeans, leather jacket and cap. 

"Luhan..." Sehun mumbled his name and everyone's battle instincts suddenly . 

"What are you doing here Luhan?" Kai questioned him bluntly. 

"It's been a while, thought that i might pay everyone a visit" Luhan blinked innocently and casually buried his hands into his pockets. D.O scoffed hatefully. "Great lie, next time you might wanna try out for acting" 

Luhan just chuckled amusingly as he gradually approached them. But it bugged you that he'd looked so relaxed and laid-back when he obviously knows how much his appearance would affect Sehun. 

"Looks like you're still holding a couple of grudges" He laughed again. "So this is what it's like to be hated"

"Please be serious..." You spoke up, asking nicely with an agitated tone. Everyone glanced at you for speaking up. "We asked you why you're here...if you're just going to joke around then just-" 

"Girl of the prophecy huh?" 

"...Excuse me?" You gawked at him and he shone a sarcastic smile before turning to the boys.

"I give you props for finding her first." 

"We don't want your 'props'" Chanyeol growled, obviously not understanding the term. Baekhyun suddenly pulled you back a little, telling you to stay away.

"Yeah, we don't want any of your things" D.O added with a cross of the arms. Luhan looked at them hopelessly before shaking his head. 

"Fine...Just thought you might have wanted yours though..." Luhan reached his hands out of his pockets and there it was between his fingers, the glowing purple crystal that made everyones eyes widen.

"The Aphrodyt!" Suho called.

"You little thief! You had it all this time didn't you-" 

Luhan chuckled again before D.O could even finish. "You flatter me" He continued to laugh. "I couldn't have possible found it without your help" 

"Where did you find it?" Baekhyun then asked calmly. Luhan glanced at you and blinked. 

"It was in her blazer pocket the whole time" he scoffed amusingly and your eyebrows furrowed. You automatically searched yourself. "Oh you've got to be kidding me" you mumbled stressfully, wanting to kick yourself for being stupid enough not to even check your pockets. To think that it's been with you the whole time you went to school.

"Shoot- Whoa!" you tripped on something that seemed to have come out of no where. "Hey, are you alright?" You remembered the time you fell at the front gates and realized that if it'd been in your pockets, it must have fallen out that one moment without you realizing. And right then Luhan 'appeared'. 

"Funny, i would have thought that the girl of the prophecy would be a little...less clumsy" He walked closer to you and came face to face with Sehun who couldn't even think of anything to say at that moment. They glared at each other for a second before Luhan just bluntly turned away from him with no emotion whatsoever. The others gritted their teeth together and you noticed their tensed bodies. You took a quick sigh before blatantly baring your palms out.

"Are you going to give it us back or are you just going to stand there and look pretty?" you joked and Luhan sniggered. 

"Cute...You think i'm actually going to give it you back just like that?" 

"Why this little-!" D.O stormed towards him, ready to swing a fist.

"D.O WAIT!" Suho called out when suddenly D.O's body was violently thrown off the pathway with such force that his back managed to crack a piece of glass that was placed at the side walk for construction.

"D.O!" You tried to go to him but Kai held you back. 

"You seem to be forgetting something..." Luhan said to him, a smirk tugged at his lips. "Unlike you, telekinesis is my specialty, it beats yours by over 1000 units" He shook his head at D.O.

"Cocky bastard" D.O cursed, having trouble picking himself up and falling down again, holding his shoulder in pain. Everyone jolted in surprise seeing him injured.

"D.O!" Baekhyun called before Kai quickly teleported to him. Baekhyun and you followed. Chanyeols' eyebrow twitched from agitation.

"You-"

"Chanyeol! Stop!" Suho ordered, stopping Chanyeol before he could take out his hand. "He has our Aphrodyt! Don't do anything rash!" He yelled at him and Chanyeol gritted his teeth together before putting his hand down. 

"Wise leader" Luhan complimented, but Suho didn't seem all that flattered. 

"Just tell us what you want" He snapped at him and you couldn't have said it better yourself. 

"I already said, I just wanted to pay a visit..." He shrugged his shoulders, putting the Aphrodyt back into his pockets and once again he faced Sehun. "You seem healthy" He told him. Sehun didn't reply. "Don't play around too much...things might get complicated" He said before turning his back about to walk off. 

"Hyung!" Sehun called and he surprisingly stopped. "...Why did you leave!?" He cried to him and there was a pause where everyone was patiently waiting for the answer.

"...I'm climbing silver" He answered without turning to face anyone. 

"What?" Sehun mumbled, confused. 

"I opened my eyes and accepted my fate. As the prophecy says, one day we'll be hunted. We'll keep on living in this stupid fear of death and run, but the results will still be the same. It's like climbing a mountain or a cliff knowing that you'll fall due to another...So right now, unlike you people, I'll be climbing silver until that day comes..."

"This guy's just talking nonsense" D.O grunted, trying to pick himself up with Baekhyuns' help. 

"I'm not telling you to believe me...but sure enough, 'K' will be the first hunted" 

Just what was he talking about? Luhan...Luhan definately knew something everyone else didn't, and you weren't just going to let him go. "Wait!" You stopped him once again, knowing that he was about to walk away again. "What do you mean they'll be 'hunted'?!" You asked in a loud volume without realizing. This time, Luhan turned around to face you, his face blank.

"You don't know? The Superiors are a lot more dangerous than you think" 

"They wouldn't kill anyone without a good enough reason" 

"Who says they don't?" 

"What do you-"

"They weren't given a name for nothing...amoung the department, that organization remains rather secretive with their plans. One way or another they'll be investigating, which somehow will lead to the hunt..."

Baekhyuns' eyes narrowed to him suspiciously. "You're with the 'others'" He stated and everyone became tenser by the mention. 

Luhan smirked, "Correct" 

"Hyung..." Sehun mumbled, distraught to how he replied.

Luhan's eyes suddenly narrowed towards you again. "We all fail to see...how a clumsy high school girl could possibly save us as the prophecy says..." 

Everyone's eyes widened and directed towards you in surprise. 

"Me?" You urged in disbelief. This has to be a joke. There was no way. 

"That's why professor must have wanted us to find her" Suho figured, finally putting the pieces together. 

"And what does this have anything to do with the Aphrodyt?" Kai asked Luhan with a displeased face. 

"I was told to test out something; whether or not prophecy girl here really does have what it takes to save us" he glared at you intensely which made Kai push you behind them as a warning.

"Then just come out with it already- what are you suggesting?" D.O further questioned, being carried up to his feet by Baekhyun by the arm. Luhan didn't look at him, his eyes still glued to you blankly and you stared at him back. 

"...At one point today, come to Baeson high school's atrium...i'll speak to you then" The fact that he wouldn't let you leave his sight implied that he was directly talking to you, and you got that straight away. 

"Don't be cra-"

"Okay" You interrupted Chanyeol's argument and agreed. Everyone dramatically turned to you with anxious looks. "Ji-Eun-ah..." Sehun mumbled. Luhan smirked before walking away. "Am i going alone?!" You asked him as he continued to walk. 

"...You can bring one of them" He said before disappearing out of the alley, leaving everyone to glare at you in worry. 

"Ji-Eun, you're not really going to go are you?" D.O asked. You slumped your shoulders and sighed. "I'm going to have to if you want that Aphrodyt back...and either way, i want to talk to him about something as well" you turned to Sehun who almost looked traumatized by meeting Luhan again face to face. "Come on, let's go" 

You got home and Baekhyun carefully put D.O down on the couch. "You okay?" Baekhyun asked him and D.O nodded. "I'm fine, don't worry about me...Luhan, that bastard, think he's so great-" 

"D.O" Suho called him to tell him to stop and everyone turned to Sehun who just looked down to the floor without saying anything. They'd thought that mentioning his name again might just break him.

"I'm going back to school soon, I'm counting on you guys to look after latte cafe for me. Rin's been on holiday for a while as you might have noticed so don't worry about her visiting or anything" You took your school bag off your shoulders and headed towards your wardrobe to pick your change of clothing- although there wasn't pick of a variety to pick from when Kai suddenly grabbed you by the shoulder. 

"You're not going" He strictly commanded, his deep brown eyes burning with sincerity. "If he's with the 'others' then this is serious- we're not letting you go"

"Kai's right- we can't let you get hurt, you're not going unless you take us with you" Chanyeol agreed, sitting beside D.O. They all stared at you anxiously, but you knew what you needed to do, as you were sure of it, you turned to Sehun. "I'll take Sehun with me...Luhan said i could take one of you right?" 

"But Ji-Eun-" 

"Once again- I'll be fine...trust me, we'll both be fine" you reassured with a serious but appreciative look. They were worried about you, which could only make you feel warm and comforted inside, but at the same time you knew that this was something you wanted to do and was willing to do. "Take care of D.O and Latte cafe for me...You ready Sehun?" You asked him and Sehun took a deep breath in before nodding. 

"I'm ready..."