Questions

'Project X'

"You need a word with me?" You pointed to yourself, trying to act surprised. The two men nodded in unison.

"We're here to ask a few questions. May we enter?" The other twin asked. You froze on the spot, however made it seem as subtle as possible to not act suspicious. 

"Er sure, go ahead" You said, unwillingly widening the front door open to let them enter. They stepped into latte cafe and glanced their eyes around the cafe through their black sunglasses. "Would you like any drinks or-"

"That won't be necessary miss" One of them dismissed your offer immediately. How rude...You complained to yourself. "We want to know if you're familiar with some students from your school. A few boys to be exact."

"...Okay..." You bluntly replied, expecting them to say more. "Could you be a little more specific?" 

"We've been investigating them for the past few days and found out that they come to visit this place often. A rough estimate of 6 boys. Any ideas?" 

"Erm~" You pretended to think about it. From what you can remember EXO-K telling you, if they're with the superiors then they're probably suspecting them for the Project X incidents, but they far from investigating the truth...if you hide them then if they were to find out the truth then they'd become even bigger suspects. But if you were to tell them that they were employees- would that cause even more trouble? 

"We found out that they're working here?" The other twin mentioned. 

"Here?...Er... they're-"

"Ji-Eun?" A voice coming from the front door made you jump. 

"R-Rin?!" You called her name as she entered the cafe, peering at the two men in matching outfits and faces. Shoot! She's back from London already!?

"Excuse me, is there a problem here?" She asked them, throwing her handbag down to the floor and walking over to you. You started to panic. Rin didn't know about the whole police situation yet, nor did she know about the visit you got from school, or the fact that EXO-K have been living and working with you.

"R-Rin it's, i mean-"

"No need to be alarmed ma'am, we're only here to ask a few questions to this young lady"

"Well whatever the question is I'm sure i can answer them too- shoot" She told them with an agitated tone in her voice, which for a moment confused you. 

"We're asking whether or not this young girl here is familiar with a few of our suspects. 6 boys. Possibly work here. Any ideas ma'am?" 

"I'll have you know that we haven't hired any new employees yet. Although we're looking for a few helping hands to take the weight off our shoulders a little" 

Wait a second...Your eyes darted to her after hearing that familiar sentence. 'to take the weight off her shoulders', that was enough of a clue. 

"I believe your friend here may be acquaintances with them" The twin turned to you for a moment- their suspicions were all coming out now.

"I'll have you know that she would not be 'acquaintances' with such suspects, now if we're finished with the interview, I'm going to have to ask you two men to leave our cafe please, I'm very tired from hours of flight!" She gestured towards the door. The twins turned to each other with unsure looks. 

"Ma'am, we-"

"Now. Please" She said, making her gesture even more obvious. The two men sighed at each other before uncertainly walking out of the cafe. Having Rin close the door behind them and dart her eyes towards you.  You pulled your best smile to her, thinking that maybe it'll ease her anger. 

"So...How was London?" 

"Han Ji-Eun..." She said your name in a strict tone. "You hired 6 boys to help at Latte cafe...without my consent?" 

"Er...yes?" You were unsure of how to answer, so replied honestly. She stepped closer to you with a straight face when suddenly she slammed her hands on your cheeks, cupping your head in her hands and grinned at you with the brightest smile you've ever seen her pull. 

"FINALLY! You're opening up!" 

"...Eh?" 

"I found out everything from Junpei when i bumped into him on the way here- I've been trying to get you to hire more people for years- and suddenly! Six boys!? Oh la la~! Which one is it that you like? Is it your little 'project' friend? Where are they now? i should meet them! Have they gone yet?!" She spitted so many questions at you with so much enthusiasm that you still couldn't take in what she said.

"So wait...you're not mad?" 

"Of course not! Don't be silly!" She released your face and grabbed your arms instead. "Are they from your school? Your friends? How did you meet? In your class? Which one's cute? ANSWERS!" She jumped up and down, happy dancing whilst shaking you rapidly.

Her inner teenager's been released. You thought to yourself, looking dumbfounded as ever. "Er~ Are you not at all curious about the little visit just then?" You asked, referring to the two identical twin policeman. 

"That comes later! They seem like nice boys- well i haven't met them yet but- volunteering to help you out! Isn't that just the sweetest thing!" She squealed in excitement. "So where are they?" She rapidly turned her head left and right, in search for the 6. 

"T-They just left! Just then, i sent them home" 'home' being upstairs. "They were helping out all day so-" You didn't get to finish and Rin started squealing again. 

"All day?! That's so nice of them! Come on, give me the deets!" She lightly smacked you on the arm and waited for you to reply. But you were stunned by her enthusiasm. But she'd been nagging you about being a 'regular' teenager for years. Telling you to meet some friends, get a boyfriend, the typical thing that a mother would want their daughter to do instead of working so hard to keep herself going...so when you think about it, her excitement for something as little of 6 male volunteers is understandable. 

"I'll explain later Rin" You told her with a warm smile. You might not have a mother anymore, but you have Rin who to you- was more of your young aunt. The problem was...whether or not to tell her the truth...

---

"You're sending him?" Luhan's voice echoed.

"Do you have a problem with that Luhan?" 

"Just saying, if i can't do it then i don't think he'll do any better" 

"Who knows..." He glared his eyes at Luhan who'd kept a straight face throughout the conversation. He quickly caught his intense glance.

"You're still disappointed in me huh?" He assumed with a smirk. 

"...Is she really that influential?" He asked him. Luhan thought about it and his lips slowly formed a warm smile.

"They all are" Luhan answered. He turned his back and walked away from him, exiting the room and closing the door shut.

---

You sent Rin home before you could explain 'the volunteer boys' to her since she's just come back from her long hours of flight, although her enthusiasm made it hard to believe that she was tired. She finally agreed to leave as long as you promised her to introduce them when she comes back to work tomorrow and left, leaving you in thought by yourself in latte cafe. Something didn't feel good...There was a certain anxiety in your stomach that made you worry. Not so much about yourself, but about EXO-K. 

Suho uncertainly stepped down the stairs, seeing that you were standing alone in a daze. "Everything alright, Ji-Eun-shi?" He asked you as the others started to follow. You looked up and sighed at them. 

"Yeah...Rin helped out...it's fine" You told them, suddenly in a sullen mood. 

"Damn those guys! Suspecting us already!" D.O scowled at the door as if they were there. But your eyes fell to the ground. Chanyeol detected your mood and rounded his eyes at you. "...What's wrong?" He asked. 

"...Maybe...You guys should go back and stay with professor" you suggested, surprising and confusing them.

"What? Why?" Sehun whined.

"If they really are going to be 'hunters'...if you stay here...if you keep on working here, then they already know that you're here and...It's just safer for you to stay away from places where they know you are. You already have your Aphrodyt right? Then going back to stay with professor would be alright. Beside, i know that the accommodation here isn't exactly-"

"Let's vote" Baekhyun suddenly suggested, confidently glancing at the members as if he knew the results already. "All in favor of professor, raise your hands" No one raised their hands. Chanyeol even crouched down a little and threw his hands as further down as possible. D.O made a face and shook his head along with Sehun. "All in favor of Ji-Eun's house" 6 hands shot up. Kai smirked at you and raised his eyebrows mischievously. 

"Looks like we're staying...If that's okay with you" He added. You took a moment to look at everyones faces. Their faces lit up with smiles as they gazed at you, waiting for a reply. Admit it Ji-Eun...You don't want them to go anyway. You admitted in your head before rolling your eyes at them. 

"Fine then~" You caved in and the members grinned at each other victoriously. Kai gazed at you, noticing the smile coming back on your face. I don't want to go anywhere if you're not there Ji-Eun...

You caught Kai staring and gave him a freaked out look. "What?" You asked him. Kai shrugged his shoulders. 

"Nothing, just curious...how would you answer those questions?" He smirked at you again and the members suddenly turned to you with the same smiling; expecting looks. 

"What questions?" 

"Which one of us do you like- the lady asked" Chanyeol quoted one of the questions that Rin asked you. They'd overheard everything. You froze on the spot. 

"...You...want me to answer that?" You asked. The boys nodded at you. "...I like..."

 

---

A/N- Can you guess who you like best? And who our next visitor is? ;)