So close!

'Project X'

You arrived at the 'Groovy Smoothie' on time for your shift, however business was slower than you'd thought. You were sat behind the counter for the past 15 minutes, staring blankly into space when suddenly an unexpected visitor arrived. 

"Ji-Eun?" 

"Hm?" You turned to the boy glaring at you with his big beady eyes and jerked from your seat. "D.O? What are you doing here?" You questioned. "Kai didn't teleport you here, did he?" You whispered accusingly before noticing his attire. He wore a white low v-neck, ripped denim jeans and leather jacket which for a moment, sent you aback. I don't remember buying him that. You then glanced at his two ears, not seeing the black device attached to them. Which meant it couldn't be one of their 'setting' programs. You shot him a look, waiting for an explanation as he blinked at you, shining an out-of-character smile.

"I missed you, so i came to visit" The tenderness of his voice stunned you. 

"...W-What did you say?" You urged after snapping out of your shock. D.O tilted his head innocently. 

"I said i missed you, we all do" He repeated, gently placing his hand on your shoulder. 

You suspiciously glanced at his hand."...Riiiiight~"  

D.O made a face as if to say he was oblivious to his actions. "What? Do i not visit often?" He asked. Making you laugh, not because you were amused, but more because you were dumbfounded by his idiotic question. 

"You should know, you're the one who's D.O" You cautiously took his hand off your shoulder, however noticing that, like the black earpiece, his silver ring had also gone missing. "Where's your ring?" You asked, grabbing his wrist and showing him his own hand. D.O blinked at you for a moment, which surprised you again; since the last time you touched his arm, he'd freaked out as if you were about to break it in half.

"I took it off...left it at professors place i guess" He said, still obediently letting you grab hold of his wrist.

"Professors place? Since when did you go there?" You asked, lowering his hand however still not releasing it. D.O opened his mouth as if to say something, but could only stammer his words. 

"E-er, i went to visit to pick up a few things there..." 

"O...kay then...did the others go with you too?" 

"...Y-Yeah, sure..." He smiled, which made it strange to even look at him. 

"Well, are they all back home yet?" You continued to ask him. D.O suddenly looked away with a smirk you couldn't decipher before nodding his head. 

"Yeah, they're at home now" He assured, still smiling at you. "Don't worry, Ji-Eun-ah" 

At that note, you jolted. Now glaring at him as if he spoke in a different language. Only Chanyeol and Sehun ever addressed you as Ji-Eun-ah, and hearing it from D.O...basically was like hearing him speak another language "What did you just call me?" You questioned, making D.O glance left and right in hidden panic. 

"Ji-Eun?" He repeated, almost uncertainly. "Are you okay? Maybe you need a rest, you shouldn't work so hard" 

You stared at him, speechless. "...Wow~ Maybe i do need a rest" You finally let go of his wrist and held your own forehead instead, feeling dizzy from just talking to him. "But...er, I guess i only have a few minutes left of work so do you want to-" 

"It's alright, i'll be on my way now" He said, suddenly making his way out. You watched as he disappeared from your sight and flopped back onto your seat, completely dazed by the conversation you just had. What...the hek was that about? 

---

You visited a couple grocery stores on the way back home, so it was a good thing that D.O dismissed your offer to walk home together; since D.O wasn't Chanyeol- it would have probably bored him to death watching you decide which brand was better than which.

You got to the front of latte cafe with your hands full of grocery bags and with slight difficulty, was just about able to jam your keys into the lock and enter. You sighed heavily as you made your way upstairs.

"Guys! I got fo- OH MY G-" You almost dropped your bags to the ground when you saw an unfamiliar figure leaning beside the walls. You were seconds away from taking out the emergency pepper spray in your drawer before you took a double take at the person. "S-Suho?!" 

He looked up, coyly glancing his eyes towards you as his lips slowly forming a mischievous smile. "Oh, you're back Ji-Eun..." He slurred his voice as he coolly pushed himself off the wall with his feet. 

"...Y-Yeah, I-I went shopping for some food...sorry that i'm- did you do something different to you hair?" You gave up on ignoring your curiosity and referred to his spiky brown hair that had been styled into perfection, having to look away from his bare body.

Suho stepped towards you as he gazed longingly into your eyes. "Yeah...do you like it?" his voice thickened with charisma. 

"Y-Yeah, sure, um, it- er- it looks great" You stuttered, having to clear your throat. Something is definitely up...

"You want some help with those?" He asked as he stopped in front of you, although a little too close for your comfort zone. You peered down at your hands about to refuse his offer when he gently grazed his fingers along your wrist and down to your hand, purposely rubbing his fingers on your palms to take the bags off you.

You froze on the spot, letting the chills from his touch run up and down you arm before looking back up, noticing him gaze at you with the same longing and affection. Eight...seven...six...five...four...thre-

"WHO WANTS RAMEN?!" You suddenly shouted, making your way to the kitchen with whatever grocery bag you had left in your other hand. Suho face-palmed himself as you left. So close! 

You dumped the white plastic bags onto the dining table, having to recall what just happened. "Was that really Suho!?"  you mumbled to yourself, not noticing the figure that sat on the washing machine. 

"Something wrong?" 

"No, it's just Suho-LY COW!" You turned to Chanyeols voice before widening your eyes at him, utterly stunned. 

He blinked at you with a blank, innocent face. "You're back already?" He spoke with an alluring voice. 

W-WHAT THE HEK ARE YOU GUYS WEARING ALL OF A SUDDEN?! You wanted to say out loud, however the words didn't escape your mouth. 

"What are you staring at Ji-Eun-ah?" Chanyeol threw himself off of the washing machine and stepped closer to you, no longer the childish happy virus but a suave model.

You rapidly turned away from him (and his bare skin). "N-No! no! Just, er- just putting the groceries away" You tried to occupy yourself with sorting out the food supplies. 

"Want some help?" Chanyeol whispered from behind you, his warm breathe tickling your ear as his chin rested on your shoulder. You could feel your heart starting to hammer at your chest. 

Help by putting on a proper shirt! You once again wanted to say out loud, but instead sighed. "Go and ask the others what they want for dinner, but tell D.O ramen is out of options this time!" You told him, casually unloading the snacks and food out of the bag.

At your casual-ness, Chanyeol started to grow frustrated. Dammit, am i not doing this right?  He bit his bottom lip, running out of ideas. You glanced at him, seeing as he was still resting his chin on your shoulder. "...Go on then, chop chop" You said, flapping your hand to shoo him away. 

Time for plan B He thought, suddenly taking a big breathe to hold in before tugging your shoulders and forcefully spinning you around to face him. Your eyes widened at the physical contact and you were prepared to yell at him when he suddenly lowered his face and gazed into your eyes, your noses practically touching. You were frozen on the spot, captivated by his gorgeous face and twinkling eyes as his face burned red from embarrassment and lack of oxygen. Nine...eight...seven...six...five...four...three...tw-

FLICK! 

"AH!" Chanyeol flinched away, rubbing where you'd flicked him hard on the forehead. 

"Thanks for the offer Yeol! Help put everything away, okay?" You smiled, leaving Chanyeol dumbfounded next to a pile of groceries as you left the kitchen. 

"Not again! I was so close!" Chanyeol squatted to the ground, knowing that just a few more seconds and he would have been successful. 

You dashed out of the kitchen, stopping outside EXO-K's dorm and realizing just how hot your face had started to burn. What's wrong with me today? You wondered, trying to cool down the heat from your face by pressing your cold hands against them. Suddenly, one of the doors swung open. 

"HAN JI-EUN!" 

"WAA!"

D.O's voice boomed as he appeared in front of you, making you jump almost a feet in the air. You held your heart as if recovering from a heart attack. "D.O! You scared me!" You scolded, taking another glance at his clothes. 

They were now a pair of jeans and a sea-form green, slightly torn t-shirt. But before you could ask, you noticed him glaring at you with burning eyes. You glared back, furrowing your eyebrows in return as you notice him start to go pink in the face. Nine...eight...seven...six...five...fou-

BANG! 

The door he'd held open rapidly closed shut. "WITCHCRAFT I TELL YOU!" You could hear D.O dramatically yell from behind the wooden door. 

What in the world is going on here?!