Climbing Silver; Solved

'Project X'

Previously on Project X...

"I know it's ridiculous...but i can't help it. As long as he still looks and sounds the same- i can't believe that he's a different person" 

"[I don't know much about it just yet...but it has something to do with the hunting of the 'devil's in justices masks']" 

"...The superiors"

You get some information on this 'prophecy' you've been hearing about.

"It makes sense doesn't it? They believe in the fate so they lure us here to get the superiors suspicious about us. That way even if they do get a hold of someone from EXO- we'll be their first kill" 

But you raised a fair point to think about.

"If they're using you as bait...then why would Luhan need to blow us up?"

"I think Luhan's real plan was to drive everyone bonkers"

 

BANG! BANG! BANG! 

You'd only just gotten to sleep when a frantic knocking woke you up. "Hm?" You rubbed your eyes, unable to see in the darkness. 

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 

The loud knocking continued and from downstairs. You get up from your bed and turn on the light only to be startled by the 6 boys hiding behind the couch. "OH MY G- What are you guys doing?!" you yelled at them, recovering from your mini heart attack when you noticed them holding their weapons out towards the stairs. 

"Ji-Eun-ah, take cover! Someone is about to invade us!" Chanyeol said in alarm, raising his silver ray gun up high. 

"What are you talkin-"

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 

The knocking again. But could you really call it knocking when it sounded as though they wanted to break the door down? You checked the time on your clock. 4:35 am. What person tries to enter a cafe at 2:35 am? And what kind of a robber would actually knock? After looking at the time on your clock- you couldn't help but take a glance at the cube on your coffee table. '8:38:20'. Only eight hours left.

"I'll go check" D.O raised from behind the couch, putting down his large metal cross-bow and jumping across the couch when you get up and push him back down onto the seat.

"No, just ignore it, they can't come in anyway-" 

CLANK! 

You were startled when you heard the door fling open. Chanyeol and Sehun quickly tugged at your arm to hide you behind the couch in alarm. "Shhh!" They shushed you, Kai and D.O squishing you between their shoulders.

"Who is it?" Sehun whispered.

"I don't know!" 

"SHHH!" They shushed you again. "Should we fire?" Sehun asked.

"No, we need to know who it is first" Suho whispered, still holding up his silver gun over the couch. "They shouldn't be able to-" 

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! 

The thudding of footsteps coming up the stairs made you jolt and everyones eyes widened to one another. Baekhyun rapidly snapped his finger and your lamp switched itself off instantly which was the signal for all of you to plank right back down behind the couch. The steps seemed to approach until it came to a stop- into your room. You panicked, your heart racing and you were tempted to breathe for air but didn't dare. Calm down...think about it...it shouldn't be a robber...it can't be Rin who's still on holiday in London...But it didn't sound as though they actually 'broke in' that last minute. Because it didn't sound like that at all. It sounded as though they actually had the key to open it. But unlike all the other stores, you didn't keep a spare key under your mat- that was just plain stupid. So the only person who could open it must have the key...if it's not me, and it's not Rin...then it's...

The light switched on- brightening the room and the suspense in your chest vanished completely as you sprung up from behind the couch- startling EXO-K. "Jun -san?!" You cried in a loud voice as you turned to the figure- making the middle aged man with tanned skin and blonde hair jump out of his skin.

"Han -chan?!" He bellowed back, pointing an accusing finger towards you with a startled look on his face.

"Anatawa nani o yatte iru!?" (what are you doing?!) The two of you yelled at each other in unison- in Japanese. Making EXO-K who were still keeping themselves hidden glance at each other with knitted eyebrows and shrugged shoulders. "I should ask you first! I thought you were still stuck in Japan!" You alternated back into Korean to argue. 

"I couldn't stay stuck there forever! And what are you doing?! Hiding behind a couch like that! You scared the life out of me! i knocked on the door so many times because i thought i forgot my keys and you didn't open the door!" He cried in his Japanese accent- looking frustrated and with a lack of sleep. This is Minami Junpei. Latte cafe's Japanese patisserie who'd been stuck in Japan for over 2 months. You felt a tug at your shirt and subtly peered down to see Chanyeol mouthing something to you. 'Who's he?' he asked pointing towards Junpei. You pushed his head down as a sign to tell them to stay hidden. "I lost my house keys, and i really need somewhere to sleep so can i please just stay here until morning, Han-chan?" He pleaded, walking towards the couch and sitting on it. The couch moved back slightly from the impact, startling EXO-K. You glared down at Kai- giving him a certain signal with your eyes to gesture towards their rooms. Kai read your message well, but shook his head and mouthed something. 'Rule number 1' He gestured the number to you before doing an 'X' symbol with his fingers. You glared at him as if to say that he couldn't be serious and finally he shrugged his shoulders- grabbing hold of Sehun before suddenly disappearing along with the rest of the members in a puff of vivid grey smoke. "I'll make sure i get up early to do the pastries for you, it must have been hard on you since- what's this?" Junpei stopped mid sentence when he detected the cube. He was about to grab it when you viciously smacked down his hand to stop him. 

"School project! Handing in tomorrow! Don't touch it!" You spoke so fast that Junpei could barely hear that last bit. You thought to yourself and realized you'd probably sounded rude. "...Please?" You finished, having Junpei glare at you as if you had a third eye. 

"...Okay then~" He said, trying not to sound too suspicious before lying back down onto the couch and turning to his side. You sighed in relief

"You're welcome to stay but...er..." You tried to think of something quickly. "I...have a few friends coming over tomorrow to walk to school in the morning, so if there are people in the house you don't know then it's probably them...Junpei-san?" You called him after there was no reply and realized he'd already dozed off. You clicked your tongue before grabbing your coat and throwing it over his body- since your spare blankets were in use. 

"I never knew you knew Japanese" Kai suddenly appeared beside you as he peered at Junpei over your shoulders. 

You shrugged. "Not really- just the basics." 

"...And whose this guy then?" He questioned, closely examining him. "A chef?" He correctly assumed. 

"Yeah- he's my mothers friend and our patissier...He went on vacation a few months ago but got stuck there longer than we thought because of the snow" You explained quietly before yawning. "Anyway, go back to the others and tell them not to freak...We'll need to wake in a couple of hours" You said, catching another glimpse at the cube and exhaling. Kai watched you with a curious gaze and only did you notice when you turned to him. He blinked at you, gazing his dark brown eyes at you. "...What?" You smiled, amused at his blank expression. Kai jolted and his eyes redirected away.

"Nothing" There's...something about her. He thought before disappearing. He appeared in a dark room, somehow frozen in thought when suddenly a torch lit up.

"Wrong room~" 

Kai jolted a feet in the air after seeing Suho's lit-up scary face. But after the mini heart-attack, covered himself by acting cool and clearing his throat. "I knew that!" He protested, clicking his fingers and disappearing out of the room. Suho shook his head with a smile of content. Don't fall too fast Jongin-ah. He thought as he turned off your torch he'd found in one of the cupboards. 

 

Morning came after a few more hours of sleep and after you'd finished getting ready, you tiptoed towards EXO-K's rooms, quickly- but lightly- knocking on their doors as a signal to come out. The two doors simultaneously creaked open and the boys peered out. "Is he still here?" D.O whispered. You nodded and gestured for them to come out. They did exactly that- coming out of their rooms already in their school uniform. 

"Okay, we should stay downstairs until we have to get to school. Jun said that he'd get up early to catch up on the baking so we need to be as quick as possible if we don't want him to start asking questions" You whispered out orders. You all went downstairs as you said and sat down for a while and although you offered them breakfast, none of them would take it, only a few opted for water. They didn't feel like eating. They knew that there was only a few hours left until the bomb detonates itself and they still hadn't thought of anything yet. 

"I can't believe we still can't think of anything" Baekhyun said. 

"We will think of something eventually" Suho said in attempt to reassure you all, but it didn't work. 

"What if we don't? That stupid brat Luhan will blow us up and get off free hand!" D.O retorted spitefully. 

"Dude, don't say that out loud" Kai shook his head in disapproval and Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

"Yeah- your negativity isn't helping" Chanyeol added, gaining a death glare from D.O as a response. You watched as the boys argued and started to get anxious. 

"Hey guys-" 

D.O shot up out of his seat before you could say anything else. "Oh! Does Mr. Happy Virus want to tell us the bright side of this situation?! Huh?" He growled. Chanyeol stood up as well, smacking his hands on the table. "I'm trying to be positive! stop yelling at me!" he yelled. 

"Just sit down-" Baekhyun attempted to in.

"There's nothing to be positive about! That traitor is basically plotting murder on us and we're just here, waiting around for him to do it!" His volume got louder and louder. But apart from D.O and Chanyeol, everyone had glanced at Sehun who just covered his face with his hands on the table. You stood up, wanting to tell them to be quiet. 

"D.O-" 

"You don't have to say it though, even if it is true!" 

"Chanyeo-"

"Why shouldn't i?!" 

"Because it makes people feel bad!" 

"We already feel like !" 

"Exactly! And you're not making it any better!" 

"GUYS-" You yelled, however this time you weren't interrupted by their argument, instead by the bucket-load of fluid that violently hit their faces. D.O and Chanyeol jolted, drenched in water as everyone turned to Suho, he'd stood up, his hands out in front of him not looking so impressed. 

"Calm down, both of you!" He scolded in a stern voice, placing his hands back down. "This isn't the time to be arguing! Remember we need to rely on each other during these times" 

"..." D.O and Chanyeol went quiet and glanced at each other guiltily. Everyone went quiet until Suho continued.

"Chanyeol, just because someone yells at you doesn't mean that you can argue with them back. D.O, stop picking fights with people and watch what you say in here...You shouldn't rub salt on a wound..." His voice softened later. D.O and Chanyeol turned to Sehun. They didn't know what faces to make when they saw him sat there, his hands covering his face. Chanyeol scratched his drenched head. "Sorry maknae-ah..." He said with an awkward laugh. D.O cleared his throat. "Yeah sorry man..." He apologized. But there was another silence afterwards, where no one had anything else to say. And Sehun didn't move. His face was still buried in his hands. 

"L-Let's get to school then!" You suggested with a perky voice. "Early bird gets the worm, right? Come on" You said, lightly grabbing Sehun by the wrist and picking him up. He hadn't been crying by the looks of it, but there was a distraught and emptiness in his eyes again.

 

Everyone started to make their way to school and you were thankful to some of the ones who tried to engage in conversation. At one point D.O and Chanyeol got into another argument and They started chasing each other around the street as the others tried to break it up. But you could tell they were only play fighting, that's why you decided to carrying on walking normally alongside Sehun who didn't seem to be in the mood to break the two idiot play fights. 

"Are you finding things alright at school?" You asked him. But all he did was nod, which was a sign to you that he didn't really want to talk. You carried on walking for a bit when suddenly he lifted his head up to the sky and sighed. 

"You know..." He started and you turned to him to listen. "It's...Luhan-hyungs birthday today...I only just remembered this morning" 

"His birthday?" You smiled sweetly. "Aw, that's nice" You said, actually sincere. "Maybe that's why he gave us 48 hours to..." You froze in shock. Your eyes widened. "The cube!" You yelled in alarm and Sehun read your face with the correct assumption of why you suddenly mentioned it and had the same shocked expression on his face. That was the most emotion he's shown to you in days. 

"EH?!" he urged, loud enough for the others to hear and suddenly stop to turn to the two of you. You rapidly searched yourself and took off your backpack to check the contents- it wasn't there. 

"Crap! I must have left it at home!-" You said and suddenly froze again, the two of you look at each other with even wider eyes. "Junpei!" You urged his name. The cube was right at the coffee table. Right next to Junpei who still had no idea that it was actually a bomb. 

"OY!~ HAN -CHAN!" A loud voice called from a distance and you could recognise the japanese right away. Both of you twisted your necks and saw the man rubbing towards you, waving around the cube high up in the air to your shock. 

"JUN -SAN!" You bellowed at him in alarm, your arms out and waving to him to be careful, but he couldn't read what you meant and carried on waving it around until he got to you and Sehun, panting however safe. 

"You forgot your school project at home. You said you needed to hand it in today right? So i tried to find you" He said, handing you the cube. You sighed in relief along with Sehun and carefully grabbed the cube.

"Thank you so much Ju..." You did a double take at the cube. It was solved. The colors were all in place. The white, the green, the blue, everything was placed and solved. Sehun also noticed and glared at the cube in shock. "EH?!" The two of you yelled in unison- making Junpei jump out of his skin. "J-Jun-san! What did you do?! I mean how did you!?" You stuttered. Jun blinked.

"Oh, well I've done loads of them when i was a little boy back in Japan, technology these days, i never knew you could get touch screen ones with a cool beat-the-clock timer- although i think it's a little broken" He explained rather proud of himself. But you and Sehun could only glare at it in amazement and ashtonishment...'5:16:35' the numbers were still counting down. 

"It's still counting down" Sehun stated. 

"I know it's still counting down- why is it still counting down?!" You examined the cube thoroughly. If it was solved and didn't detonate then it must have been done right. And if it was done right- the numbers should have stopped counting down. But if he made a mistake then it should have exploded- why didn't it explode? why is it still counting down? And right then. It clicked. The puzzle pieces fitted. The picture was clear. You turned to Sehun with a knowing smile but he just looked at you, dumbfounded.  Junpei rose an eyebrow before backing away. "I don't quite get what's going on- but I'll be baking in the cafe if anything" He said before catching a glimpse of Sehun and giving him a friendly wave. Sehun bowed back when the others walked back to you. "Hey- what happened" Kai asked, seeing the reactions on your faces. 

"I've got it" You mumbled and turned to face everyone. "I've got a plan..."