Chapter 2

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

"Dara. You need to go to the office and get your timetable, okay? Will you be okay by yourself?", asked Sungjong. I gave him the okay sign before making my way to the office. I let out a sigh of relief seeing that I haven't seen Myungsoo yet. I got to the office and gave all my details before getting my timetable. I step out of the office and looked at my timetable. I have literature first. English. This is going to be easy since I lived in America for 2 years. 

 

I wasn't really paying attention to where I was walking, I kept looking the map that I was given. This school is pretty big. 

 

"Ouch!" I yelped. Someone bumped into me and I fell to the ground. 

 

"Oh crap! Sorry. Are you okay?" I look up to this stranger. It's a boy who has a face shaped like a hamster with really tiny eyes. Can he really see through them? How is that possible? They are SO small. 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I got up and dusted myself. 

 

"You must be new here. I'm Sunggyu.", he reached his hands towards me. I took it and shook it. "Dara. Do you know where Room. 21A is?", he nodded and signaled me to follow him. He kept turning left and right. I'm SO going to get lost in this school. 

 

"Here you are. 21A.", he said pointing towards the door. "Thank you.", I waved to him and knocked on the door before going in. I felt all the eyes on me and I felt really small because I knew no one. I pass the teacher a note. 

 

"Guys and girls, listen up! This is Sandara Park. She is a transfer student from America. Please make her feel welcome.", announce the teacher. 

 

"Hi, please call me Dara. Nice to meet you all.", I smiled to the whole class and waved to them. 

 

"Dara, you may sit next to Jinyoung.", I look around to see a hand popped up the air. I walked towards the boy and sat next to him. I looked at him, this guy has dark red hair. When did Asians started having red hair? 

 

"Hello, I'm Jinyoung.", he introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Dara.", I gave him a smile before turning to the front of the classroom. My first class when really well, until I started feeling really hungry. ARGH! I didn't eat breakfast. I was thinking of food throughout the whole lesson until the bell rang. YES! FOOD! But I need to find the cafeteria. 

 

"See you later Dara!", called Jinyoung before walking out of the classroom. I gave him a waved before packing my books in my bag and heading out of the classroom. Why is there so many girls screaming? Why is it so crowded? 

 

I tried getting through the crowd, but they kept pushing my back. I JUST WANT TO GET MY FOOD! What's making the crowd so hectic? Just let me through! I pushed my way through until I see this group of guys walk through and all the girls where getting louder and louder. I covered my ears, I didn't want to get deaf on my first day of school. "AHHHHH!!!!" This scream from behind me came. GEEZ! This girl sounds like a dolphin. Out of a sudden someone pushed me from behind it made me fall forward in front of someone. 

 

"Dara?", I look up and it was Sungjong. He bent down and picked me up. 

 

"Are you okay?", I heard this voice from behind Sungjong and I looked to see who it was. IT'S HIM! What! Sungjong is part of the popular group in the school. 

 

"U-uh. I have to go.", I got out of Sungjong's grip before running away. 

 

"DARA!", I heard Sungjong called out, but I didn't stop. The memories are coming back. Stop crying DARA! Get a hold of yourself! But I can't stop the tears. It keeps flowing. Here goes to the worst first day.