Chapter 12

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

"Any last words you want to say to dad?", asked Sungjong as he put a comforting shoulder around my arm. I shocked my head, I've already said everything I wanted to say when I saw his body in the coffin. Right now, I'm watching his body being buried in the ground. 

 

"Goodbye dad.", I whispered to myself as I watched the coffin disappear under the dirt. 

 

Going to school the next day was difficult. I guess the news went around the school and everyone kept looking at me and giving pitiful looks. I don't want to be treated differently even though my dad has died, I want everyone to act the same way again to me. Luckily I had nothing going on after school, so I'm gonna use my time in the music room practicing my new pieces that Myungsoo gave me. 

 

After school, I went straight to the music room and started practicing. The time went by really fast when you are using wisely. I checked the time on my phone. 5:30 pm. I guess I should start heading home. I got up and get my stuff, but when I turned around Myungsoo was standing there looking at me. 

 

"L. What are you doing here?" 

 

"I was watching you practicing. Come on. Let me take you home.", he said as he walked towards me and took my hand and brought me to his car. I was staring out the window as Myungsoo was driving, but as we came closer to my house, Myungsoo went past it. 

 

"L. You just went past my house." 

 

"I know. I just want to see your happy self again, so I'm bringing you out for dinner. Where do you want to go?" 

 

I smiled at Myungsoo. Even though I was upset and tired, he is doing his best trying to cheer me up. 

 

"Let's go eat hamburgers. I miss eating that ever since I came to Korea." 

 

He nodded and drove off to a very big restaurant that only sell hamburgers. It was amazing, I ordered a massive burger that was bigger than the size of my face. Myungsoo watched me as I ate and he could only stared at me in awe as I finished my burger. 

 

"Who knew that the Dara I know with an extremely small body, could eat so much.", I smiled at him as I my fingers clean. After Myungsoo finished his burger, we decided to get some ice cream and walk by the Han river. I walked ahead of Myungsoo because I wanted to fell the wind go past my face as I ate my ice cream. 

 

"Dara.", I heard Myungsoo calling me from behind, so I turned around. When I turned around I felt something cold on my nose. I put my hand on my nose and wiped it. It was ice cream. 

 

"Hey!", I tried putting it on his face but he was too tall. We were trying to put ice cream on each other when suddenly a lady walked past us and accidentally knocked Myungsoo and it made him lose his balanced falling towards me. I tried catching him, but I wasn't strong enough. Instead his lips crashed into mine. I pulled away from him, feeling embarrassed. We both looked at each other and he was blushing. He took out his phone and looked at the time. 

 

"I g-guess I s-should bring you home.", he stuttered as he turned around walking towards to where the car was parked. I placed my fingers on my lips and I could still feel his lips still being there. I didn't realised that my heart was beating so fast and my hands sweating. What has gotten into me? I have never felt this way before.