Chapter 7

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

"She's awake! Someone get the doctor!", I wake up to screams around me and a lot of rustling movement before I see a man in front of me with a white coat on. 

 

"Ms. Sandara, may you please tell me how many fingers am I holding up?", asked the man in a white coat holding up a few fingers. I took my time to count before answering, "8." 

 

"Okay, guys seems like her vision is doing well,", he told a group of guys behind him, but I can't seem to see them properly because of the light shining into my eyes, "Ms. Sandara, you have sleeping for 2 days now because of an incident that happened in school. I am doctor Lee. If you have any problems or questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. I'll let the rest of the guys to catch you up on what happened two days ago." 

 

I nodded. So today is Friday. What exactly happened on Wednesday? I tried recalling on what happened on that day, but I remembered that I was in the music room before people started hitting me and someone came a save me before I out. 

 

"DARA! THANK GOD YOUR ALIVE!", yelled Sungjong and hugging me. 

 

"Good to see you awake my girlfriend." said Woohyun coming up to me before kissing me on the forehead. 

 

"GIRLFRIEND?!", asked everyone at the same time. 

 

"WOOHYUN! I'm not your girlfriend. I told you that I didn't want to date you.", I sighed. I guess Woohyun thinks that I'm his girlfriend when I'm not. 

 

"What exactly happened to me? Can someone please explain?", I asked looking at the group of guys. They all look at each other nervously. What's going on? 

 

"Uh. Dara. You were attacked by the leader of our crazy fan club. They get very jealous with girls that hangs out with us, and they'll go after them. This is why we have no friends who are girls, but since you were new you didn't know and we forgot." said Sungyeol and paused for awhile before continuing, "Until, L got a message from his locker saying that if he goes to the music he'll see something fun. He was the one that saved you." 

 

L? Myungsoo? The guy that hates me, saved me. I took awhile to digest this. 

 

"L. Saved me?", I asked again. 

 

"Yeah. At first he thought it was nothing before he remembered about the crazy girl fan club president. And he called all of us before going to the music room, but we were too late. L got there before any of us did and stopped them from hurting you. He carried you to his car and brought you to the hospital. He stayed at the hospital for the past 2 days. He said that he wouldn't leave your side until you are awake.", explained Hoya. 

 

I didn't know Myungsoo was this kind of caring person. He is so different from how he acts to others. Secretly he cares. 

 

"Where is L right now?" 

 

"Right here.", everyone turn to the door and there was Myungsoo standing at the door. Sungjong immediately got off his seat and ushered everyone out until it was only me and Myungsoo left in the room. He walked towards me and stood at the side of the bed. 

 

"How are you feeling?", he asked as he touched the bandage which was wrapped around my head. 

 

"Good. Um, L. I want to thank you for what you did for me.", I said as I look at him. He smiled. This is my first time seeing him smile. "It's my fault, I've shouldn't have forced you to join our band. This wouldn't have happened." 

 

I looked closely at him and I saw tears in his eyes. I grabbed his right hand and rubbed it in between my hands before looking at him. "It's not your fault. You wouldn't have seen this coming." 

 

I smiled at him and he smiled back. When I saw his smile I felt my heart beating faster and I started feeling nervous around him and my face getting hotter. Why am I feeling this way? Why is my heart beating so fast?