Chapter 15

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

"Dara!", shouted Woohyun as I I was running up the stairs. I needed some fresh air. I went up to the roof top and stood on the edge. I was trying to hold back my tears as I digest what has just happened. Seohyun and Myungsoo, are they secretly dating? I felt a pair of arms around me. I turned my head to see who it was. 

 

"Woohyun.", I whispered. I'm glad that he is here with me. Even though he has feelings for me, he knows how I feel about Myungsoo. 

 

"Shhh. I hate seeing you getting hurt.", said Woohyun as hugged me harder, "If you need to cry, just cry. Don't hold it back in." 

 

When he said that, all my tears started rushing out and it seemed like it would never end. I cried on Woohyun's shoulders for quite awhile until I ran out of tears. I looked up and saw that his t-shirt was all wet. 

 

"Sorry.", I said as I point towards his t-shirt. 

 

"It's okay.", he said as he rubbed my back. 

 

Woohyun's phone started ringing and he looked at his screen before showing me his phone. It was Sungjong. I nodded, allowing him to answer it. After a few minutes talking to Sungjong on the phone, Woohyun hung up and turned to me. 

 

"Sungjong, wants me to bring you home.", I didn't argue this time. I let Woohyun take me home. When we reached my apartment, Sungjong was already sitting on the dinning table with dinner ready. 

 

"I'm not hungry.", I said as I walked up the stairs to go to my room. 

 

"Okay, you can make yourself something later."

 

I lied down on my bed and slowly my eye lids got heavier and heavier. Soon, I fell asleep. 

 

BUZZ! I opened my eyes to see a text from Myungsoo. I looked at the time. 1:30 am. What is he doing texting me this at this hour? 

 

RING! RING! 

 

Argh! He is calling me now. I am not really in a mood to talk to him after what happened this afternoon. I picked up the phone immediately because I don't want to wake up Sungjong. 

 

"Hello?", I sleepily answered. 

 

"Dara? Are you awake?" 

 

"I am awake now."  

 

"Uh, can you come downstairs? I am waiting for you." 

 

WHAT! He is outside? I went up to my window and saw a small figure standing outside. I guessed it was him. 

 

"Fine, give me a minute.", I answered before hanging up the phone and putting on my jumper and heading towards outside. As I was in the elevator I was checking my reflection in the mirror and I realised that I was wearing shorts. OMG! What am I thinking. I can't go up now, since I am on the first floor and he is waiting for me outside. I walked outside the door, and the cold wind breeze hit my body making me shiver. 

 

"What are you thinking wearing shorts?", asked Myungsoo. 

 

"I forgot," I looked at him and realised that he was leaning against a motorcycle, "Since when did you started having a motorcycle?"

 

"I own my own car and motorcycle. I only use my motorcycle for emergencies."

 

I nodded before asking, "Why did you want me to come down?" 

 

He sighed before replying, "I saw how you looked at me today with Seohyun on top of me. To let you know that we aren't together and that she is the one that made the move on me. I was trying to get her off, but she wasn't budging." 

 

I looked at his face, and I could tell the he wasn't lying, but why did he come all the way to tell me this? "Uh, why are you telling me this?" 

 

"Because I hurt you." 

 

He is right. I was really hurt when I saw Seohyun on top of him, but it wasn't really his fault. 

 

"And, to let you know the truth. I like you. I like you, Sandara Park. Would you be my girlfriend?" 

 

He. Likes. Me. 

 

"Why would I be your girlfriend when you hur- -", Myungsoo stopped me from talking by kissing me. I was shocked at first, but after I got over my shocked I kissed him back. i have never felt this way about a boy before. I could feel my heart is about to burst.  After awhile we broke away to catch our breaths. 

 

"So, will you be my girlfriend?", he asked again. 

 

I smiled at him and kissed him again before pulling away. 

 

"Does that answer your question?" 

 

"Yes," he pulled me in and gave me a hug. I buried my face in his chest and smelled him. His warmth made me feel safe and secured. I wish I could stay like that forever. Can I? Would Myungsoo and I be able to last forever?