Chapter 8

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

"If you got anymore threatening messages or unknown messages let one of us know, okay?", I nodded. Ever since the accident everyone has been looking for me and they forced me to have all their phones number on speed dial on my phone. 

 

I start making my way to class, as I got into the classroom all the girls start whispering about me and they kept giving disgust glances. I sat down on my desk and realise that there is a note on it. I opened it and it said. . . 

 

I guess you don't listen well after getting hurt the last time. You better watch your back Dara. 

 

I kept my head down, until I felt a shadow over me. I look up and it's the leader of the crazy fan club, Seohyun. She bent down to get to my eye level, but I looked away. 

 

"Look at me.", I ignored her. I don't want to be treated like a puppet, but grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her. "I guess hurting you wasn't enough." She immediately grabbed my wrist and twisted it. I winced and tried to handle the pain. 

 

"Get away from me. I have done nothing to you.", I told her as I got up to get out of this hell hole classroom. 

 

"Yes you have. Who told you to start hanging out with that group and especially L, my future husband." 

 

Husband? Is this Myungsoo's fiance? It can't be, because there is no ring on his finger. I didn't want to think about Myungsoo's fiance or not because I want to get out here immediately. my wrist is killing me. I grab my bags and headed out. 

 

"GIRLFRIEND!", OH CRAP! It's Woohyun. I ignored him and kept walking straight. I can't be bothered to talk to him right now. "Dara. What's wrong?", asked Woohyun looking at my face, but I ignored him. He looked at my whole body and then he realise that I was holding onto my left hand. He immediately stopped me and grabbed my left arm and looked at it. 

 

"Who. Did this.", he asked angrily. 

 

"No one."

 

"It is someone. You wouldn't just twisted your wrist and not do anything about it. It's all purple.", I looked at my wrist and it is double the size of my right wrist and it was all purple and swollen. I got my arm out of his hands and told him, "It's fine, I'm just going to treat it.", Woohyun gave me a look before giving up with me. He knows that I won't listen. I went straight to my locker, I didn't want to go to the nurse's office and I didn't want to make Sungjong and his friends worry over me. I got out a bandage out of my locker and start wrapping my wrist. While wrapping my wrist, I remembered that I have practice today and I have to play the piano. Great! This just makes my day worse. 

 

Walking to practice after school was bad, because everytime I try to move my hand there would be a really sharp pain. When I got to practice, I quickly put down my bag and walked towards the piano. Woohyun kept giving looks and kept looking at my wrist, but I hid it out of his eye sight. I don't want him to worry. 

 

"Okay, Dara. Start with the intro.", said L giving me new music to play. I nodded before trying to play the intro, but it was really impossible when you have an injured wrist.  I tried holding onto the pain when suddenly this sharp pain came in and I suddenly stopped playing and held onto my wrist. I felt tears running down my cheeks. STOP CRYING DARA! But my body doesn't seem to listen to me, tears keep coming out. I felt a hand on my wrist and slowly undid the bandage. I looked up and it was Myungsoo undoing my bandage. When he fully removed the bandage he looked at it closely before asking me, "Who did this to you?" 

 

I shocked my head and replied, "No one." 

 

He sighed before telling everyone, "Practice is over guys. Dara, your coming with me." He pulled me off the chair and dragged me out to the car park. 

 

"What are you doing?", I asked as I tried to get out of his grip. 

 

"Bringing you to the hospital." 

 

"I don't want to go. I told you I'm fine.", after I said that he immediately turn around to face me. His face was so close to mine. He raised my wrist up and asked me, "Is this what you call fine? Dara, I'm sick of others hurting you and you going to the hospital all the time." 

 

I kept quite after he said that. I followed him obediently and got into his car before he drove off. I got to the hospital and the doctor said that I should take an x-ray, so I did and turns out my wrist is broken. How is it possible that one girl tried twisting my wrist broke it instead? 

 

"Here." I look up and I see Myungsoo holding two cups of hot chocolate, I took it from him. "Thanks." 

 

"Dara,", he said softly, "Can you please tell me who did this to you." 

 

I stayed silence for awhile because if I told him he could protect me, or again it might be his fiance since that is what Seohyun said. In the end I chose to tell him, "Seohyun, your fiance." 

 

"Fiance? What are you talking about. I'm not engage nor in a relationship with anyone." 

 

"Oh, she said that you were her fiance.", right now I feel like I'm the dumbest person. I should have seen it right away when she said it. She is basically dreaming that she is in a relationship with Myungsoo and thinking that he is going to be her husband in the future. 

 

"Your too gullible. Dara,", he turned to me and took my right hand in this left hand, "I promise you that I'll make sure that you are safe wherever you go. Trust me." 

 

Somehow, I feel like he is telling me the truth. I feel like I can trust him, he is a different person when he is by himself. Why is that so?