Chapter 5

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

"Let's do it again!", ARGH! I have been playing the same song for the past 2 hours, because Hoya can't seem to get the rhythm right with the drums. I look at Hoya and mouthed to him that I am going to kill him after practice if he doesn't get this right. 

 

"BAHAHA!", I turn around to see Sungyeol laughing and texting someone on his phone. 

 

"Sungyeol, who is it?", asked Sungjong creeping up behind him, but Sungyeol hid the screen before he could see anything. 

 

"My girlfriend." 

 

"What!", everyone chorused at the same time 

 

"When do we get to meet her? And when did you guys started going out?", asked Woohyun getting off his bum after 2 hours. 

 

"Maybe tomorrow. If she wants to come, but I will not reveal anything yet.", I looked around the room and everyone was disappointed. 

 

"You are never gonna bring her. She is probably fake right?", said Sungjong going back to his computer. 

 

"No! Fine, I promise I'll bring her tomorrow." 

 

"I'll believe it when I see it.", said L getting off his chair and putting his guitar down before announcing that practice is over. YES! AT LAST! 

 

"Dara, I'm coming back home late today. I told someone to walk to you home today. They are waiting for you by the gate.", Sungjong told me before heading out the door with Sungyeol. What did he have to do that'll make him late? By the way, who is waiting for me by the gate? I started making my way to the gate, I could see a figure leaning against the gate. I squinted my eyes trying to see, but I couldn't see properly because it is getting pretty foggy. I walked a little closer, until I realised that the mysterious person that is waiting for me by the gate is Woohyun. The playboy of the school. GREAT! Not. 

 

I walked closer to Woohyun until he saw me. "Dara!" He waved to me before grabbing my hand. 

 

"What are you doing?", I asked him as I followed him to the school carpark. He brought me in front of a black mini and took out his car keys. 

 

"Get in,", he said, "I'm taking you home." He pushed me inside the car, before getting in the car. 

 

"You know, your actually really pretty. I can see that you are actually related to Sungjong, because that guy is too pretty to be a guy." 

 

Is he complimenting me? "Uh, thanks." 

 

"What do you think about dating me?" 

 

Is this guy for real? Me? Dating him? He's got to be kidding.

 

"No, thanks. I live here, thanks for the ride. See you tomorrow." I got out of the car before he could reply. I'm going to kill Sungjong later. How can he make Woohyun take me home! I started shivering, so I took out my jacket from my bag and put it on. I put my hands into my pockets and I felt something in it. What is it? A piece of paper? When did this get in here? I opened up the piece of paper and just stared at it in shocked. 

 

Stop hanging out with L, if not you can say goodbye to your school life in Korea.