Chapter 23

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

SPASLH! I felt something cold and wet on me. I woke up and I was drenched in water. I looked around me and I was in a room with white walls and floors. It had a metal door with many locks on it and a massive window next to it. I could see outside, but there was no one out there. 

 

"WAKE UP!", I felt a sharp pain in my abdominal area. I was kicked. I endured the pain as I looked up. I tried moving my arms, but they were still tied back. 

 

I looked up and saw Jinyoung, Sanduel, Baro, Gongchan and CNU in front of me. I looked at each one of them in the eye. Jinyoung raised his arm and gave me a slap on the check. The sound of him hitting me echoed around the room. I still could feel the stinging pain. Gongchan stepped behind and cut the ropes behind me, as Baro grabbed me by the collar and shoved me towards a wall. I fell to the ground, weak and scared. 

 

"P-Please s-stop.", I begged as tears started trickling down my cheeks. I looked at Sanduel who was standing above me, but he just scoffed as he picked me up and and shoved me towards Baro. Again. Baro shoved me towards a wall. CRACK! I felt pain at my leg. I yelped, before trying to holding down the pain. 

 

"I guess it's time," said Gongchan as he passed something in a cloth to Jinyoung. Jinyoung took the item from Gongchan before revealing the mysterious item to me. 

 

A gun. Jinyoung pointed it in between my two eyes. I felt tears started running down my hot cheeks. CLICK! 

 

"I guess this is goodbye.", said Jinyoung before pushing the gun closer to my forehead. I closed my, because I don't want to see him to pull the trigger. 

 

BANG! 

 

I felt no pain. I opened my eyes and saw Jinyoung dead, lying in a pool of blood. He was shot in the head. I looked at the members. They were stunned as I am. I looked over at the window, and there was a bullet hole in it. 

 

BANG! 

 

I looked at the door as it was being forced opened. 

 

"POLICE! DROP YOUR WEAPONS!", a group of guys in blue uniform came and pointed their guns to all of the members. Suddenly, Myungsoo came from behind and saw me. He ran up to me and gave me a hug. 

 

"You're here.", I smiled weakly at him. 

 

"Yes, I'm sorry I didn't come earlier." 

 

He checked all my injuries before shouting, "SOMEBODY! WE NEED PARAMEDICS!" 

 

A group of doctors and nurses came and started injecting me with something before putting me on the stretcher.  

 

I felt my eye lids getting heavier and heavier. Soon, everything went dark around me and I fell asleep.