Chapter 21

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

"I need to get fuel first Sungjong," said Woohyun as he was swerving left and right avoiding all the cars on the road. I was holding onto the seatbelt for my dear life. How can he talk so calmly when he is driving this fast on the road? Within a minute, we ended up at the petrol station. I looked at the front of the car and saw smoke coming up from the engine. 

 

"Uh, Woohyun. Your car is smoking.", I told him as I pointed to the front.

 

"UGH! DAMN!", said Woohyun as he and Sungjong got out of the car to check what was wrong. 

 

I stayed in the car for about 15 minutes. I was really bored sitting there and watching them trying to fix the car. I got out of the car and Woohyun looked up and saw me. 

 

"What are you doing? Get back inside. I don't want you to get hurt.", he said as he was pointing at me to get back in the car. 

 

"I need to go to the toilet.", I told him as I walked into the petrol kiosk. I looked around me making sure that no one was following me, before going inside the toilet. I looked around the toilet and it was pretty dirty. I actually didn't need to go to the toilet, I just needed to get out of the car. I started washing my hands and checking myself in the mirror, before heading towards the door. CLICK! I tried opening the door. It's shut.

 

I started pounding my fist onto the door. 

 

"SOMEBODY! I'M STUCK!", I shouted, but there was no answer. 

 

I started checking my pockets for my phone. Where did I put it? CRAP! I left it on the car seat. I heard a crushing sound under my feet. I looked down and saw a piece of paper folded up. 

 

TOLD YOU NOT TO MESS WITH US! 

 

Is this the underground that Woohyun and Sungjong was talking about? 

 

PSSSHHHHHH! I looked up and saw gas coming out of the air vent. I took my jumper sleeves and cover my nose. 

 

"ANYONE THERE! I'M STUCK! HELP!", I started banging on the doors again. Please somebody. Save me. 

 

I started running out of breath, and I really needed to breathe. Slowly, the gas got into my body and everything around me started swirling, but I still continued to knock on the door weakly. 

 

"Somebody. Please. Savvvv….", I couldn't finish my last sentence as my eyes slowly closed and everything around me went black.