Chapter 3

Ugly Duckling to a Beautiful Swan

 

The next day going to school with Sungjong is a problem, because all the girls kept crowding around me. They kept giving looks and I felt like I am being judge with every single moved I made. 

 

"HEY SUNGJONG!", I turn to see this boy with really thick lips and brown hair jumped on Sungjong, "Why didn't you tell me that you had a girlfriend?" I looked at him like he was crazy. How on earth do we look like we are boyfriend and girlfriend? 

 

"She is my twin sister that I told you about. Dara, Dongwoo. Dongwoo, Dara.", I looked at him and smiled. 

 

"Hi. I'm Dongwoo. Sorry I mistaken you for Sungjong's girlfriend because this guy has never dated anyone for as long as I know him." I laughed because I remembered when we were younger a lot of girls would approach Sungjong but he would kindly turn them down because apparently they weren't his type. When we got to school Dongwoo dragged me throughout school and everyone just stared at me. 

 

"What are you doing?" I asked, frantically looking around making sure nothing dangerous is coming my way. He didn't answer back, he just brought me around school until we stopped in from of this music room. He opened the door and gave me a little push, "Hey guys! This is Sungjong's twin sister!"  

 

"Hi, I'm Dara.", I nervously introduced myself. 

 

"Dara, this is Hoya, Woohyun, Sunggyu, Sungyeol and….. Where's L?" asked Dongwoo looking around. L? What kind of name is that? 

 

"There he is." said Hoya pointing behind us. I turned around and said, "Hi, I'm Dara. Nice to me- - " It's him, Myungsoo. The guy that bullied me all my life about my weight and making me go to America and making me feel bad about myself. The sentence came back to me, "Your like an ugly duckling in this community." I remember the words Myungsoo said to me. 

 

"Uh, I'm L. Who is this?", he asked looking at me like I'm an usual object in this room. 

 

"She's Sungjong's twin sister that he told us about.", he just look at me and nodded. I guess that he doesn't recognise me, but since when did his name become L? Wasn't it Myungsoo? 

 

"What. Did. She. Just. Say.", said Hoya looking at me. Why is everybody looking at me? Dongwoo stepped close to my ear and whispered, "You just said his real name. No one has called him that ever since he changed it. He hates it and hates anyone who says it." OH CRAP! I just made the guy who forgot me hate me again. What am I thinking! 

 

"Sorry. I didn't realised what I said until Dongwoo told me.", I begged him. 

 

"How did you find out about that name?", he looked straight at me in the eye, but I didn't answer, "Get out. I don't want to look at you right now." 

 

What did I just do to myself. I looked at the floor and walked out of the room until I bumped into someone. I didn't even want to look at the person and I just said sorry looking at the floor and walked off, but this person just grabbed me by the wrist. "What ar-- Jinyoung!" 

 

"What are you doing looking so gloomy?", he asked, but I just stared at him. He sighed and pulled me up the stairs, I just stupidly followed even though I don't know where is he taking me. He climbed right to the top of the building and brought me out on the roof top. I stared at awe at the view. It was amazing, I could see everything making me feel like I owned the whole world just in my hands. 

 

"I come out here whenever I feel down. Your the first person that I have told about my secret hideout, so you better not tell anyone.", I gave him an okay sign before admiring the view again. "So. Can you tell why do you look so down?" 

 

I looked at him and told him about how I accidentally called L, Myungsoo and how he got angry at me. Jinyoung looked at me in amazement and laughed, "No one has called him that name is a very long time. 2 years ago he changed his name and made sure everyone called him by that name. How are you involved in that group anyways?" 

 

"I'm Sungjong's twin sister. I left 2 years ago to stay in America with my mum and came back this week." I look at Jinyoung closely, there is something about him, but I can't really put my hand on it. There is something that he is hiding, but I can't really point it out.