#30.

Guardian Angels? Nope, JERKS!! (SEE LAST CHAPTER, PLEASE ^^/)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirty

 

“A-a-ah… achoo!” I sneezed violently and wiped my running nose with a cotton cloth. “Ugh… my head hurts.” I groaned and reached for the phone. Why? Because I was lonely.

Saturdays are days that everyone is supposed to enjoy! Hana was out; she’d gone for a middle school reunion that was happening today. Hyukjae was… i didn’t know. Must be karaoke-ing. With that Sungmin guy. I dialed Hana’s number out of pure boredom and prayed for her to pick up.

 

“Jinhee-ah!” A cheerful voice came out of the receiver end and I winced. “Is something wrong? How’s your cold?”

 

“I’m fine… better, maybe.” I blew my nose and stretched my legs on the couch. “How’s the reunion going?”

 

“Great! Hey, there’s this guy called Wonjin and he used to be my classmate. At that time he was a nerdy looking guy but now he’s so cool!” she sighed excitedly and I face palmed.

 

“Hana-ah, you have an idol boyfriend Seungri.”

 

“Ah? I know! I was just… ehehehhe…” she laughed sheepishly. Then I heard some girl talking to Hana in the background.

 

“Hana-ah, we’re playing a game now- oh, are you busy?”

 

I sighed again and spoke “I’ll see ya later Hana-ah. Have fun.” And hung up. I stared at the ceiling resting my neck on the arm of the couch and blew out my cheeks.

Boring.

 

The guys came back at around 4am early morning and left at 6am. They looked more exhausted than ever. It was around that time that I made some pineapple juice and nearly fainted that Taeyang realized I had a bad cold and mild fever. After he and Top forced me into my bed, shoved a tablet into my mouth and left, I slept for about three hours.

I felt better, but when you’re sick and there’s no one around you, you feel so bored. Isn’t that a fact?

I dialed Hyukjae’s number.

 

“Yoboseoyo?” His voice came through and I wondered if it was always so deep. Ehh... Gah, never mind! Jiyong’s voice through the phone was the best; husky and… and…

 

Wait. I’m supposed to be moving on!

 

“Ah Hyukjae-ah. It’s me.” I smiled through the phone.

 

“Ohh! How’re you feeling? Hana-ah told me you were sick… wait, you don’t sound good at all.”

 

“I’m okay, a bit better. What’re you doing?”

 

“Nothing really. Just-“

 

“Yah Hyukjae! Are you gonna come or not?!” Sungmin’s voice. I suppressed a small smile.

 

“Shut up! Jinhee-ah, should I come over? Cuz you-“

 

“Hyukjae! Man, we’re gonna be late!”

 

“SHUT UP SUNGMIN! Jinhee-ah-“

 

“It’s okay Hyukjae-ah, Sungmin’s calling you. Go, I’m fine here.” I assured him and chuckling, hung up.

 

“It would be nice if someone was free…” I yawned and switched on the TV and surfed through the channels. Nothing was on. Some old comedy shows. Boring. Cookery shows. Boring.

 

I watched some random boring show for an hour since there was nothing more interesting.

 

Then I heard someone knocking on the door. Shivering slightly, I went to the door and pulled it open. Then I stood there with my jaw hanging open and my eyebrow twitching.

 

“What the HECK are you doing here?”

 

“To take care of you.” CL purred, smiling her cat-smile. She sighed and pushed past me holding a black bag with a familiar picture. Wait, that picture-

 

“This?” She noticed me staring at the waist bag and chuckled. “Oh yeah. It’s the Tonight album design. Jiyong-Oppa gave it to me. Isn’t it nice?”

 

My fists balled up in annoyance and I shook my head, ignoring her stupid statement. “Why are you here? You, of all the people I know?”

 

“Oh, Minwoo-oppa told me to take care of you. Daesung-oppa told me you were sick, but since today’s MV shooting was really important and they wouldn’t be able to make it home early so-“

 

“In that case you can leave. I’m fine here. See? I’m fi- achoo!”

 

“Hmm?” CL raised an eyebrow and looked at me wonderingly. “Why do you always, always pretend to be so tough? You’re so tomboyish; you don’t stand a chance with Jiyong-oppa.”

 

I ignored her again and stood by the door and pointed at her to get out. “You can go. I don’t need you to take care of me.”

 

“Ah, that I can’t do.” She purred and plopped herself on the couch with a huge sigh. She switched on the TV and started switching through channels. “I’d leave if Jiyong hadn’t begged me to come and look after you.”

 

“Get out woman- Wait. Jiyong… begged you?” I asked, somewhat incredulously.

 

“Yeah.” Her eyes fell on me. “I have to film today too you know. But Jiyong begged Minwoo-oppa to let someone come here. He…” She hesitated a bit. “Didn’t want you to be alone.”

 

I face-palmed. Jiyong, it would’ve been okay even if I was alone. Even if it was Yang CEO here, I’d be fine… BUT NOT WITH THIS PERSON!

 

I stood there, watching her dumbly as she squealed in excitement on seeing her own debut stage on TV. Oh great. Of all the people who I didn’t want to see… she has to come here and ‘look after me’. How nice. Perfect way to get cured of cold and fever.

 

I cleared my throat and folded my hands. “How long are you going to be here?” CL looked at me and shrugged.

 

“Until evening, I suppose. Honestly Lee Jinhee,” She said, getting up. She was wearing black ripped jeans and a big loose colorful shirt. Her hair was tied up in her trademark high ponytail. “I don’t want to be here with you either. But Jiyong-oppa would murder me if I didn’t do it.”

 

“That’s some loyalty you have there.” I said sarcastically and went to the kitchen to pour myself some juice. She fol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter