#24.

Guardian Angels? Nope, JERKS!! (SEE LAST CHAPTER, PLEASE ^^/)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long- chapter to make up for the lack of update.

Sorry >< I was wallowing in depression for a while.

Enjoy.

By the way, IT"S EUNHYUK'S BIRTHDAY!! T_T This chapter's dedicated to him.

Twenty Four

 

Crash.

 

“Aaaaaaaaargh!” I yelled, sticking the bleeding finger into my mouth. I’d dropped a couple of really expensive crockery which I’d taken out from the cabinet for when Jiyong’s parents came. Now that they’d gone, I went to put them back in when the misdeed happened.

 

“Aish! Jinhee-ah! Are you okay?” Top knelt down and examined my finger. I winced slightly, but nodded.

 

“Yeah I’m fine. Worse things have happened.” I muttered darkly.

 

Worse things had happened.

 

Example?

 

“I don’t like Jinhee.”

 

Yes of course I heard it! I don’t fall asleep so quickly. I had heard it. The whole thing.

 

You know, a week back, I went to the shrine nearby and I prayed for a quick answer from Jiyong. Not that I had confessed or anything (and now that I look back, I don’t think I should have either), but for some sign – some clear sign – from him saying whether or not he liked me. You get my point right?

 

God is sometimes very mean. He gave me an answer too fast. I didn’t expect it to turn out this way.

 

And you know, it hurts a million times more. Jiyong, not having said it to my face, still acting all warm and normal around me… it seriously hurts!

So up until now I always thought that they used the line “Love is Painful” only in movies; but now I can see why it’s so true.

 

“Jinhee-ah! Why’re you crying?! Omo does it hurt so bad?!” Top freaked out and started fumbling about for a tissue, cotton and antiseptic.

 

“I’m fine,” I managed to say. “I’m just fine.”

 

 

 

 

“Lee Jinhee. LEE JINHEE!” I suddenly snapped out of my dismal world and stared at my Physics teacher, who was dangerously close to me.

 

“Um… yes?”

 

“You did well. Your physics paper I mean.” She said sternly and I winced before I understood. But then she gave me warm smile and nodded appreciating. “Good. You’re finally realizing that it isn’t good to be an idiot all the time.”

 

I chuckled and stared at my answer sheet, a big A+ scribbled in red on top. I stared at it proudly. It was all because Jiyong taught me.

 

Jiyong.

 

That self-centered banana-eating jerk of a monster!

 

I tore the sheet up into pieces with a loud ‘RIP’ sound. Hyukjae sitting across me, jumped out of his skin at the sound and I hid the torn sheet before the teacher could turn around and see.

 

I hate Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Hana asked me, a concerned look donning her pretty face as she sipped on her carton of orange juice. I sighed for about the millionth time.

 

“You’ve been like this for TWO weeks. It’s depressing.” She continued and I sighed again.

 

“Jiyong said… he doesn’t like me at all.” I finally said and hid my face in my hands. I wasn’t hungry. I didn’t care about the Kimchi fried rice in front of me.

 

“Ehhh??!!” she gasped in shock. “So you confessed? And he… he…?” she trailed off looking worried.

 

I shook my head. “No. I didn’t confess. I was supposed to be sleeping, but I wasn’t, so outside, Top was asking Jiyong if he liked me and he said… NO.”

I was on the verge of tears again. Somehow, all week I’d managed to drag my legs to and fro from school, cook something, watch some TV and act normal. I avoided Jiyong like he was bacteria. When he talked to me, I simply shrugged or shook my head or nodded. That was it. I dunno if he even realized.

 

“That jerk!!!” she gripped the edges of the table.

 

“Totally a jerk.” Hyukjae shook his head.

 

“Gah!” I jumped up in shock, looking at the blonde-haired guy drinking his soup. “When did YOU get here?!”

 

He looked hurt - like a puppy.

 

“I’ve been here all this time,” he said and pouted sadly. “I see… so Jinhee-ah doesn’t even notice me.” And he covered his face and pretended to cry.

 

“Yah quit it.” I muttered and ruffled his hair. His hair was soft. I couldn’t help but laugh when he grinned happily.

 

“That’s good. Jinhee-ah is more beautiful when she smiles.” He suddenly said.

 

“Eh?” I was caught by surprise. He was looking at me sincerely, smiling.

 

Silence.

 

“Ahem. So. We were talking about that jerk.” Hana broke in and I immediately remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter