#24.5 Side Story

Guardian Angels? Nope, JERKS!! (SEE LAST CHAPTER, PLEASE ^^/)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twenty FourpointFive  Side Story

{Seungri's and Hana's story}

note: this is a side story, not necessarily the next chapter. =P

 

 

“Ugh… what’s taking you so long Appa?” I whined under my breath as I stamped my foot on the sidewalk, waiting for the blue car to arrive.

 

“Aish, Appa!” I whined again as I swatted away a few mosquitoes. Jinhee-ah had already gone home very grumpily – well, considering the given situation she has a right to be grumpy – and everyone else was also leaving. The school would practically be empty in another 15 minutes. And I didn’t want to be alone there. “Where are you?” I tapped my foot impatiently and glanced at my watch. Appa was late by 30 minutes! We were supposed to go buy Eomma her birthday present. And I wanted to get something really nice… aish!

I kept glancing to my left and right. No sign of any blue car, or even any vehicle.

 

“You’re not going home?” Gup Sung Jae tapped my shoulder and asked. I shook my head.

 

“Aniyo, my dad said he’d come - but he’s late.”

 

“Oh,” Genuine concern clouded his face. “Did you try calling him?”

 

“Doesn’t pick up. He never picks up while driving.” I said dryly and sighed.

 

“Oh… right. Maybe you should go home, I mean,” he gestured upwards at the sky. “It’s going to get dark soon and you shouldn’t stay here alone.”

 

I smiled. Sungjae was such a nice guy.

 

But he has a girlfriend he’s been dating for 5 years already. Such a nice guy. Why can’t I ever, ever, find someone like him?! All I get is good-looking playboys or thugs or plain idiots who want to buy me useless pink things.

 

“Yeah, maybe. I’ll just wait for a bit more.” I said and nodded.

 

“I’ll wait here with you.” He said and smiled.

 

“No need, I’ll be fine.” I shrugged and waved for him to go on. “Besides, your girlfriend is calling you.” I pointed at his vibrating cell phone. “Go on, I’ll see you on Monday.”

 

“You sure?” he confirmed. “Okay then, take care.” He smiled and left the school gates, answering his phone.

 

Another 15 minutes ticked away.

“APPA!” I screamed in the still air out of frustration. Where the hell was he?! I’d seriously gouge his eyeballs out when I see him.

 

Then, I don’t know why, but something – a gut feeling, maybe? – told me to turn around. And look.

And my blood ran cold.

 

Because right there, a few feet behind me, was the last person on earth I ever wanted to see. Choi Joon.

 

“Aw, please god, no.” I cursed and my heart started beating a thousand times per second. I didn’t know what to do.

 

It was in times like this that I swore. “Ah !” I swore and started walking away fast. But which direction should I go in? What if my dad finally arrived and I wasn’t here? What if… what if like that time… Choi Joon - he…?

 

“Wait! Hana-ah! Let me explain!” I heard him call out. I didn’t stop. “HANA-AH!”

 

“DON’T EVEN UTTER MY NAME!” I yelled behind me. I was furious, but scared more than furious.

 

The rapid footsteps behind me stopped abruptly. After a few seconds I stopped to look. He was standing there. Choi Joon. Wearing a cast on his left forearm. He looked hurt.

 

“Hana-ah…” he said softly. “Please forgive what I… did.” He kept looking at me in that hurt way and walked toward me. I stood there transfixed; I couldn’t move. He finally was only a few centimeters away… what the hell do I do?!!

 

The last thing I saw was him leaning toward me before I shut my eyes tightly. I was scared to death.

 

“YAH! GET AWAY FROM HER!” A voice hollered and my eyes flew open. Before I realized who it was, Joon was suddenly pushed away from me and an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me backwards – until I was facing a broad back and pair of shoulders.

 

“S-S-Seungri-ssi?!” I voiced out in complete disbelief.

 

“Get away from her.” I heard Seungri growl at him. If my eyes could pop out of their sockets, I swear it happened.

 

“W-wait S-Seungri-ssi-“ I tried to in. But he pushed me behind him again.

 

“Don’t take another look at her. Ever. Again.” He went close; face to face with Joon and grow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter