Chapter Thirty Five

We Are Just Meant To Be

We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter Thirty Five

“BEGIN!” The referee called as he jumped out of the way.

Min Ki, and Dong Ho were at the left field, glaring fiercely at Hyun Sung and Hyuna, an unmated couple that had somehow made it this far into the competition. If that was the case, these two had a strong bond, and they were going to have to be careful. They weren’t going to take things lightly at this point. The two of them were ready to show just how much their bond had grown from last year.

“This is as far as you go!” Dong Ho called, smirking as he threw his hand out, powerful energy slashing through the air and making its way over to their opponents. Hyuna and Hyun Sung held their ground, gritting their teeth, and not allowing the little show of power to intimidate them. They knew that this one was going to be one of the toughest! Other couples only joined because they were barely mated, and wanted to test out their bond.

This couple on the other hand- was a proven power house.

Every neko always wished for a strong and fruitful bond, and thanks to these two standing before them, many couples knew that it could be even from the beginning. They had been the champions, and famed, repeatedly, admired for their bond, and they were not the only ones. There were other couples that had made it that far- and now they had as well!! A couple yet not bonded, able to face such a powerful team, they were going to be admired even more if they were able to defeat them.

“Hyun Sung, let’s not lose sight of our goal,” Hyuna whispered, clutching the stone around her neck. Hyun Sung felt her confidence fill him through his own, and he knew that they were going to be okay, as long as they worked together, and trusted each other. No, he was going to makes sure that they were not going to lose sight of their goal!  

It was too late now though, both of them had fallen into the spiders trap.

While Hyun Sung had been glaring at Dong Ho, and Hyuna had concentrated on Hyun Sung, Minki had already mapped his web across the field, creating his trap. It was invisible by sight, but the moment that you moved, or angled yourself to allow the sun to reflect of it, that was when you knew you were in trouble.

Minki landed behind Dong Ho once again, smiling proudly at his mate. Dong Ho returned the smile, but then his eyes moved to see where all the web was set. They had trained well for this.

“Hyuna” Hyun Sung called.

She nodded her head, and opened to sing, her voice sounding lovely and melodic, that at the very first few notes, she had the audience captivated.  That’s right, lend me your ears!

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun quickly covered their ears, along with everyone else, trying to keep their focus on the strange battle. But everyone was snapped and jolted out of their seat, when Minki opened his mouth, and knew the right notes to clash with Hyuna’s lovely ones, to create a sound of pure horror.  

That was not going to work on them.

Angry at the outcome, Hyun Sung filled his hands with energy, but instead of balling it, he willed it to have a razor edge, and started to slash through the web and move himself forward. Minki, closed his eyes, concentrating on replacing his web, while keeping his true intentions at bay. Dong Ho moved to attack. He moved skillfully in between the large areas that his mate had left for him, and reached Hyun Sung, punching him square in the face, anger clear on his face.

That was when Hyun Sung flew back, caught in web, and with that, pulling the strings around Hyuna’s legs and arms. She was raised into the air, like a puppet, panicked and no longer thinking about anything other how to escape for herself. The fear in her was just what they were hoping for as Dong Ho moved to knock the Hyun Sung out.

A simple hit at the back of the neck, and he was no longer conscious.

Minki took care of Hyuna, as he moved forward in his plan- something he had wanted to try out- it was a new attack that they had both learned in their time training, and had finally perfected. Turning his solid arm, up to his elbow, into something ghostly, he reached deep inside of her, pulling at her very soul, until she passed out from the pain.

Moving back behind his mate, both of them awaited the verdict of their victory. The referee had a hard time landing on the ground as he accessed what had happened, and then firmly called, “The battle is won by the Kang-Choi couple!”

Their fans all roared with happiness and cheers, but Seung Hyun and Ji Yong swallowed hard. It had been a brutal and merciless match. It almost felt as though Minki and Dong Ho were trying to tell Hyun Sung and Hyuna that there was no way an unmated couple was ever going to defeat them. Yet, the way they had battle, so brutal and cold like that. As if they were not going to let anyone stand in their way.

Neither Hyuna nor Hyun Seung had a chance in this battle.

“I think that the fun and games are over,” Seung Hyun said.

Ji Yong nodded his head, scooting himself closer to Seung Hyun. They were next.

“Everyone let us take a break, get some refreshments and get some relief, because in half an hour, a new battle will get started,” The announcer loudly called. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun got up from their seat, following the crowd. They knew that they were going to be in the next battle and they were going to have to be prepared for it.

“Want something to eat?” Seung Hyun softly asked, wrapping his arms around his mates shoulders. Ji Yong nodded his head. Both of them stopped to get some water, and a plate or rice and meat at the restaurant within the lobby. As they were silently eating their meal, a group of teenaged nekos entered. They were too young to be anything other than fans, but they were sporting shirts that clearly said that they were rooting for Dong Ho and Min Ki for the win.

“They are really at their best this year, nothing short of brutal!” The lead male in the group praised. “They weren’t even playing around, they just psyched that couple out!” he laughed. The other’s agreed with them.

“And Min Ki finally perfected that special move of his! Did you seem, he could turn almost his whole arm!!” one of the females said, swooning as she spoke and making the rest squeal.

“There is nothing, absolutely nothing that will be making our boys drop this year from the top spot!”

“Judging by the next battle, I think that Yun Soong and Jae Ho have a good chance of beating this new couple, I can’t wait for tomorrow, a battle between them again would be awesome.” That’s right, last year Dong Ho and Minki had battled Yun Soon and Jae Ho in a tough, stratgetic battle, and this year it would be considered the revenge, and seeing who would overcome—if the two faced each other again.

“You guys really don’t think that this couple would win?” a short, shy girl asked, pointing at the names in her own paper.

One boy rubbed her hair, and grinned at her, “No way, besides, even if I am a fan of Ji Yong’s, he should stick to what he does best, fashion. Battle just isn’t for him.”

Ji Yong glowered, angry at the remark. Seung Hyun reached over to sooth him.

“Yah! I bet he just joined the battle cause he got mated and wanted to test out his strength with his mate, they seem decent enough, but I don’t think they are there yet, to win it all, you know,” The leader of their group wisely said, nodding his head and making the others agree with him—except for the small girl.

“Dong Ho and Minki started much the same way!” she argued, “Before them another couple had taken reign in the arena, I’m just saying that anything is possible and we shouldn’t overlook anyone,”

“Alright, relax; don’t get too caught up,”

“Now what do you want to order?”  Their leader asked, his hand reaching for a cute blond that was more than likely his boyfriend. As they ordered, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun got up, throwing their trash out as they headed towards the battle arena. Both of them knew that they weren’t top yet, that they might still have a lot to go, and learn, but that didn’t make them want to win any less. Fun and games were truly over!

“Let’s win this my waffle,” Ji Yong whispered, intertwining their hands together.

Seung Hyun smiled, moving in to kiss Ji Yong, “Yes my mustache.”



“Welcome back everyone, I hope that you are all comfortable in your seats because, Yun Soong, and Jae Ho are about to face this year’s new couple, Seung Hyun and Ji Yong!” the crowd roared, no longer able to wait for the battle. “Now, couples, enter the field!” Yun Soong and Jae Ho were left field, just their favorite, and Seung Yong and Ji Yong were at the right.

The referee called them briefly to the center, and recited the rules, before each one of them took their positions again. The referee looked them over before he decided it was time, “BEGIN!” and then, once again, jumped out of the field.

Neither Seung Hyun nor Ji Yong knew anything about the couple that they were currently facing, but to make things a little interesting, they decided to start things out. Seung Hyun moved himself across, just enough to place Ji Yong behind his body, and swung his arm out, creating a large torrent of wind that blasted through the very field.

The other couple was startled, they on the other hand had watched all of Seung Hyun and Ji Yong’s battles, and had not been expecting this from them. Ji Yong then jumped high, over Seung Hyun’s very head, as he created several large balls of energy, which got carried in the icy wind, smacking into the other couple! But this couple wasn’t like the other ones, and they were used to rough battling.  

Seung Hyun and Ji Yong both learned this when a large dome of energy was created around the other couple, blocking off the wind. The ice built around the dome, and Seung Hyun pulled back, while Ji Yong landed in front of him, prepared for anything.

Yun Soong, and Jae Ho both smirked, and threw out their arms, different sound waves suddenly hit the field, making Ji Yong and Seung Hyun cover their ears as the sound hurt! With their hearing impaired, it was making them lose balance, and it didn’t stop, as Yun Soong and Jae Ho moved in, never stopping the sound, and started to knock them around. A new amateur couple was not going to get the best of them!

It was difficult to dodge the attacks when they were being thrown around, kicked, and punched.

Seung Hyun was quick to search for Ji Yong, slamming them into the ground, and create a force field around them. A pissed Ji Yong rubbed his ears, and bared his teeth as he created an energy bat, and used several energy balls to blast out of their force field, and towards the enemy that had been hoping to sink their claws into their protective little sphere.

The one thing about Neko relationships that Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had noticed was that they always had one flaw- if taken advantage of it. The moment that Yun Soong positioned himself as first, and Jae Ho stood behind him--glowing like a night bug-  with that tell tail of a submissive feeding his dominant, that was when they showed their first sign of weakness to them.

“He’s all yours my mustache,” Seung Hyun said.

Ji Yong nodded once, and the moment that Seung Hyun dropped their protective barrier, a shocking wave of sound was blasted their way, making them both jump high into the air. Seung Hyun’s target, immediately, was Yun Soong, whom was startled the moment that he found himself half buried in ice.

Ji Yong went after Jae Ho without remorse, claws bared as he attacked the startled submissive, and both of them engaged into some combat battling. Jae Ho wasn’t worried, he was experienced in battle, and he could guess that Ji Yong wasn’t. The blond was missing worse than anything. It upped his confidence as he dodged another hit from the blond, and he landed his own, directly into Ji Yong’s gut. On the other hand, Ji Yong wasted no time in sinking his claws into the arm that had just struck him, digging deep into the flesh.

Jae Ho was startled, and before he knew it, he was tossed to the side, back hitting the dirt ground. With bared fangs, Ji Yong was on him, energy ball, after energy ball being tossed his way. Jae Ho rolled away, and raised both his hand in defense.

Ji Yong stopped his assaults.

“Do you really think that your submissive will win?” Yun Soong growled, smirking at Seung Hyun, whom for his part had been paying him no mind. Turning his eyes to the man, dark, cold, unforgiving, Yun Soong knew he made a mistake in calling this man out.

Before the battle, Seung Hyun and Ji Yong had decided that they were done playing, and that meant making sure that their opponent lost well. With a snap of his fingers, the ice around Yun Soong thickened, and raised itself way above his head, trapping him.

Jae Ho dropped his defense when he saw Ji Yong move away, and then he gasped. The ground was starting to layer itself with cold ice. Even if he tried to stand, he would just slip. He also could no longer feel his dominant. His eyes darted to where he had last seen him, and was shocked to find Yun Soong buried in ice.

Last year, they had made it so far that they thought they would be number one, they just had to beat Choi Minki and his dominant, Kang Dong Ho. They thought it would be an easy battle, but they had been wrong. They had easily been split apart, and been easily locked in Minki’s web. They had fought hard, but it was still no match. And now, just when they thought that they had come back stronger than ever, he was finding that they were still no match to other couples!

No! They were not about to let it end this way.

They had made it this far, and their goal was to face Minki and Dong Ho in another battle, and win this time. They were so close to their goal!! With a throaty scream, and a raise of his arms, he created several energy balls of his own, tossing them towards the ice where his dominant was trapped. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun both watched with perplexed expressions, as the ice finally gave way, and cracked.

Yun Soong was released, and as he fell, was fed the energy of his submissive.

“We came here to win!” Jae Ho growled, “There is no way that you are going to beat us! You two are such an unbalanced couple, how could we ever lose to you two!”

There was a lot that they didn’t know about this couple, and the moment that Yun Soong had powered himself up, that was when they first saw the effects of this couple. Yun Soong began to rapidly multiply, into his very own army- and Jae Ho was gone.

“Let’s bring the house down!” All the Yun Soong’s roared, and dropped their hands down onto the cold ground, creating an ultimate sound that hurt their ears and the sound waves disturbed their very beings. It was just too painful, even their ears pressed flat to their heads couldn’t stop the hurt, and soon their ears were bleeding, their bones grating, and their insides quivering. 

“Hyun…” Ji Yong whimpered.

Seung Hyun was feeling his own disorientation take place, but he knew he had to protect Ji Yong, at all costs! So, despite his struggle, and pain, he created several sound proof bubbles. Ji Yong was quickly caught in one of them, and lifted off the ground. The blond neko whimpered, and wailed inside the bubble, until his ears healed and he got his senses back.

Seung Hyun wasn’t as lucky, the booming sound threw him across the field and into the concrete wall. The original Yun Soong moved in close, punching and kicking Seung Hyun while he was down. The other Yun Soong’s were ready for anything else that would be their creator’s demands.

“I gotta do something,” Ji Yong whispered as he rapidly tried to think about what to do, until he spotted Jae Ho. The man was in the center of all the clones, easily, and steadily feeding them a stream. That was it, Yun Soong was strong enough to create a few clones, but for the massive amount that he currently had, he needed his mate’s energy.

Forcing his own aura into the safe bubble that Seung Hyun had created for him, he moved across the field, unnoticed. Smirking, he pressed his hands down on the bubble, a rush of thick flames quickly streamed down, charring, and burning the submissive that had been too focus on feeding his dominant energy to protect himself. Ji Yong’s bubble vanished, and he dropped to the ground, his flames spreading, and turning the field once more into a hot burning stove-top.

Yun Soong turned, the very moment that he lost connection with his mate, and gasped when he saw a flaming Ji Yong at the center, tossing his mate around. “That little bastard,” he growled, and was about to move to attack the blond, when a blast of cold wind sent him flying down into the hot ground instead.

Seung Hyun rubbed at his ears, landing next to him as he waited for them to properly heal so he wouldn’t feel so disorientated and pained. Yun Soong made to move, but Seung Hyun had never been the best at grace, and didn’t need much to stomp his foot down on the Neko’s wrist. “Don’t even think about touching my Ji Yong or you’ll sooner be dead,” he hissed.

Ji Yong finally tossed Jae Ho to the side, and turned his head to grin at his mate. He was so glad Seung Hyun was safe. He couldn’t help but rush to him.

They had done it. They had battled fiercely against this couple and were now going to be recognized by their strength, after they beat Minki and Dong Ho, of course. The referee soon landed on the hot arena, quickly accessing what had happened before calling out the winners.


“Well you have it here folks! The Choi-Kwon couple is now moving to the finals, where they will face our last year’s winners, and still standing power couple, Kang-Choi.” The crowd roared in excitement, “Join us tomorrow for a lovely fashion show, and the next day after that we will see this epic battle take place, as they are looked over and healed for a clean bill of health, we want something good right!”

“Well, what do you know, they made it,” Minki said, his eyes locked on the flat TV screen that was set in the medical ward. The cheers of the crowd were practically drowning the important words of the announcer. Not that he could blame the crowd, it had been a nicely executed battle.

“But that is as far as they will make it,” Dong Ho whispered as he moved to plant a soft kiss on his mate’s lips. Minki smiled widely.

“Of course,”


“They did it, they did it, they did it!” Seungri jumped for joy, “and now they just gotta kick one more couples and they will win everything!!” he cheered, dancing around. Young Bae smiled, pulling the face mask away from his mouth.

“Yeah, it’s great, but you are forgetting, Minki is Seung Hyun’s brother,”

“So! As long as nothing is official, there should be no worries,” Seungri said, crossing his arms as he looked over Young Bae. They were both exhausted with running back and forth and helping Daesung keep an eye on his new born Kits. Seungri had gone as far as demanding a room set alone for the new konekos and no other new born was welcomed around them.

“The final one is coming,” Young Bae mumbled as they turned to the birthing room. Minzy was screaming again. This was the fifth child that they were about to have. Minzy had been pretty strong through the whole delivery, and she still had a lot of strength left in her. They figured it was because Daesung offered so much support during the time of pain and labor.

“Almost a complete family,” Seungri whispered. He couldn’t see anything going wrong now. Things were slowly falling into place- and what was even better is that soon he was going to be mated to Young Bae. Despite this being a traumatizing event, he still hoped to one day have kits of his own.


Ji Yong and Seung Hyun didn’t go to the medical ward as they were expected to. No, the moment that the battle was over, they had rushed out of the arena and headed back to the hospital after reading several text messages at the times that each new koneko had been born into. At the hospital, Young Bae and Seungri had the doctor look them over, and were glad to hear that they were going to be fine and just needed to rest.

But before they could rest, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun wanted to see the new born kits.

“Aren’t they perfect?” Daesung asked, looking at his newborns with such love. Minzy herself had a grand smile on her face as she peacefully slept on after such an exhausting day.

Seung Hyun and Ji Yong stepped out of the room, sitting down on one of the comfortable couches that were set out just outside of Minzy’s room. Young Bae and Seungri were already snuggled together and asleep on the other one.

“The harvest moon is soon approaching,” Ji Yong whispered, handing the soft covers that they had been offered by the hospital to Seung Hyun. The Harvest moon, was a special time for male Neko’s that were hoping to conceive, because for those three days, while birds migrated, and crops flourished, male Neko’s could get pregnant. Especially on the last, third day, where the moon was brightest- they didn’t know exactly what caused it, but it seemed that the red light of the moon had an effect to do with it. Meaning, if they were hoping for children this year, both of them would have to decide now. “Should we?” Ji Yong asked.

Seung Hyun pulled his mate close to him, “Yes, let’s give it a try, and see if this is our year,” he whispered. Ji Yong smiled, and nodded. “Now, let’s get some sleep, we have to think about what strategy to use when battling next,”

This time it had been too close. This couple had been so strong they were nearly smashed if Seung Hyun had not been able to spare him, and come up with that Bubble… They would have lost today.

And the last battle wasn’t going to be any easier.


It's been some time since I last updated. But Happy Halloween!!