Chapter Twelve

We Are Just Meant To Be

 

Chapter Twelve

Meeting his mates family, Seung Hyun thought, was more awkward than he would have anticipated.

There was nothing but pure looks of stunned shock, and eventual blank looks. For a moment both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun wondered if anyone was going to say anything. The silence just seemed to stretch on forever that was until Seungri smiled and waved, saying a belated, “Hey” in response to Ji Yong’s earlier greeting. Although Seungri’s eyes kept going from Ji Yong to the taller male beside his brother, as if he was trying to figure something out but the outcome seemed to upset him. It couldn’t be! For a moment, Seungri internally sulked to himself.

Still, his greeting was enough to break the awkward silence that had fallen around them.

As soon as that silence had been broken the others snapped a little out of their amazement, but still their eyes were focused on the new person that Ji Yong was now tightly holding onto.  The reason being that the moment that everyone moved to surround them, Ji Yong instinctively moved closer to the white haired male and wrapped both his arms around one of the said male, and a glare went over his face. The others had to remind themselves that being freshly mated would mean that both Ji Yong and his mate would feel threaten at anyone approaching the other, and if someone dared to encroach on them they would attack without hesitation, despite it only being family.

 “No touching, he’s mine.”  Ji Yong snapped the moment his mother moved her hand up in an attempt to pinch one of Seung Hyun’s cheeks. After all, she had to admit to herself, and if only to herself, that Ji Yong’s mate was handsome.

“He can’t be your mate, seriously?” His mother said in a slightly mocking tone as she placed both hands on her hips. The truth was she was just joking with Ji Yong just to see how he would react. It was almost too much fun to see Ji Yong get agitated and even bare his fangs at her in a hiss. She never thought she would see such a possessive emotion in her son. Ji Yong was just too adorable!

“What’s that supposed to mean!” the black eared neko demanded.

“He’s much too handsome to be your mate,” his mother sweetly conveyed, but then narrowed her eyes. No, she was a mother first! It didn’t matter that Ji Yong’s mate was handsome; she had to know what his intentions were with Ji Yong. She could not allow anyone to hurt her son. There could still be a chance that this man could be a total douche bag and she was not about to allow looks to sway her from her intended goal to get as many of her questions answered.  “I’m Chung Ae, Ji Yong’s mother. Now, why don’t we all go sit down and have a nice chat over dinner,” her eyes turned to Seung Hyun, and she narrowed them before she stalked out of the room.

Seung Hyun briefly wondered what was wrong with that woman, but could only guess that he was about to be thoroughly interrogated by her.

Ji Yong’s black ears dropped flat against his head and his tail dropped down as he glared at his mother. He didn’t know why her words caused him to snap at her, but he was just glad that she was keeping her distance.

As soon as she was back in the kitchen, Daesung smugly turned to Seungri who pouted and looked away, swaying his tail back and forth in an impatient way. The bet was still not won, and would not be until everything was answered. Seeing the new comer only said that dinner would be fun, so smiling, Daesung waved, “Ji come inside and introduce us to your mate,” he insisted with a large smile.

Ji Yong narrowed his eyes at his brother as he tightened his hold on Seung Hyun, and getting squeezed in return made him nod. He pulled Seung Hyun inside with him and then closed the door. All of them moved over to the living room, waiting for the mother to call them in for dinner.

Once again, the silence seemed to stretch making the scene seem a little awkward, and for once Ji Yong was not sure what to do.

He nearly sighed in relief when Daesung took the initiative, and decided to start with the introductions. “Hey, I’m Daesung, one of Ji Yong’s brothers” he then turned to Seungri who was now sitting in the couch cuddled to Young Bae’s side. “That over there is our other brother Seungri, and his soon to be mate Young Bae,” now proudly smiling, he turned to Minzy and pulled her to his side, “And this is my Mate, Minzy,”

“Um…It’s good to meet you all,” Seung Hyun shyly said, seeing as he felt awkward being practically the center of attention right now. “I’m Seung Hyun,” he added.

“So, what made you decide to mate with Ji Yong?” Daesung suddenly asked, “I mean my brother is awesome, but he can be a pain in the most of the time,”

“Not you too Daesung” Ji Yong looked at his brother in disbelief.

Seung Hyun chuckled, as he relaxed a bit. “You mean this adorable thing right here.” Seung Hyun ruffled Ji Yong’s hair, causing the submissive to blush at his dominants words.

“Aigo, Seung Hyun,” Ji Yong pouted up at him. “Don’t say things in front of them, they will just find a way to use it against me later on,” Seung Hyun merely smiled at Ji Yong, but decided to say nothing more.

“So, who’s on top?” Seungri boldly asked making Young Bae placed a hand over his mouth just as the words left the young submissive mouth.  Ji Yong and Seung Hyun turned to look at him, giving him slightly confused looks.

“What he meant to say was who the dominant one in the relationship is,” Minzy tried to clarify, finding that she had made the same mistake before. Although, something told her that Seungri was just being vulgar for the heck of it.

“Oh,” the still clueless couple said, thinking over what they had just been told.

When silence fell over them again, Seungri sighed and impatiently asked, “Well?”

“His name is Top,” Ji Yong innocently said, pointing to his mate.

“It is,” Seung Hyun just as equally innocently responded, nodding his head.

“Ha! I win- wait, what?!” Daesung cheered for a second before he looked at Ji Yong and Seung Hyun confused. Had Ji Yong just revealed his mates hidden name? Seungri face palmed and everyone else sweat dropped.

“What I meant” Seungri started, before he was interrupted.

“Dinner is ready,” They heard the Chung Ae call, and Ji Yong pulled Seung Hyun along, avoiding any other kind of confrontation about their positions in bed. Seriously, didn’t his brothers have something better to ask than that? It was really a sort of embarrassing topic after all! And personal at that- he also knew that there was probably some bets going on in this as well.

As they were heading to the kitchen, Daesung turned to Seungri, “Well, his mate is taller than him, so I win those ten dollars,”

“Hey, we still haven’t discern who’s the dominant and who’s the submissive, when we do we end this bet,” Seungri frowned at his brother, unable to let go or admit that he might have already lost the bet. But that was fifteen dollars he was not willing to hand over!

“Will you two act mature and stop betting already, no one won,” Minzy said, grabbing Daesung’s arm and dragging him towards the dining area. Seungri was looking smugly at his brother, before he felt Young Bae grab his arm and pull him along as well, a blush replaced his smug look and he moved in to snuggle close to his soon to be mate. Young Bae chuckled at his actions, wondering if there was a way he could make Seungri start purring. Then again, he didn’t want to embarrass him.

Once they reached the dinner table, they amazingly found the house, Jung Hee, Otherwise known as the Patriarch of the house. Seung Hyun watched as Ji Yong’s father stood up and looked down at him. “So, I hear that my son is mated, and to you,” he said in a voice that sounded really strict and judging. Seung Hyun nodded his head, and bowed.

“It’s good to meet you sir, my name is Seung Hyun,” he then straightened and the man just kept looking at him with no acknowledgement of anything else. The man then turned to everyone, with the tension in the room. “Let’s all take a seat and eat, now why don’t we,” the man said and he sat down again. Ji Yong glared at his father, seeing as he had not been expecting him there but suspected his mother thought it would be fun to have him there, and pulled Seung Hyun to a seat next to him. His mother sat next to his father. On the other side sat Minzy and Daesung, next to Daesung at Seungri and then Young Bae.  The table was large enough for all of them and there seemed to be a feast in front of them.

Ji Yong watched as his mother prepared a plate first, and handed it to his father, and then she prepared herself one. “You guys can start now,” his mother said, smiling sweetly as she did so. Ji Yong bit into his lower lip, and watched as Minzy prepared a plate for Daesung, much like his mother did for his father. Then he watched as Seungri fought Young Bae to prepare him his plate, and turned to Seung Hyun who looked like he was about to move to prepare them their plates. He grasped his hand and shook his head, and started to do it himself.

There was a lot he didn’t know about being mated, but he knew that there were things that were expected from Seung Hyun, and things that were expected from him, and right now he wanted to do this right! At least, he hoped that he was doing it right.

“Relax,” Seung Hyun whispered next to his hear as he moved in closed when he tried to reach for something. “You make me nervous when you are nervous, and I’m not completely helpless, we can get food together,” he added, and handed Ji Yong what he had wanted to reach. Ji Yong blushed a little and then nodded his head, and allowed Seung Hyun to help him prepare the plates. After all, they still didn’t know each other well enough to know what the other liked to eat.

When everyone had their meals in their plates and drinks, they started to silently eat. Ji Yong’s mother thought it was the perfect time then to start asking questions. “So, tell us, Seung Hyun, just how is it that you two met,”

“In the forest, of course,” Seung Hyun answered and glanced down at Ji Yong who was thinking the same thing. Then he decided to add, “Ji Yong intrigued me the first time I saw him,” just to make it a little more valid and that their meeting meant something. Because it did, it meant the world to Seung Hyun, why wouldn’t he consider meeting his mate special.

“That is so bland,” Chung Ae suddenly said. “And very common for mating that are doomed to fail,” She quizzed.

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun looked at her oddly, before Ji Yong’s ear flattened and he narrowed his eyes, “Are you questioning my ability to make my own decisions,”

“Ji Yong, please, you were being impulsive when you left to go find a mate, and as far as I know, you have never been interested in romance or anything that had to do with love,”

“What does love have to do with anything?” he snapped right back.

Seung Hyun looked from Ji Yong and Ji Yong’s mother. For a moment he had to wonder what Ji Yong meant, but it would make sense if they were going to date now, love had nothing to do with their union. He could see how their mating to each other could be doomed to fail. Still, there was a determination in him to make Ji Yong fall in love with him and for this to work out. He didn’t plan on leaving Ji Yong.

“It has everything to do with everything in our culture!”

“I’m not going to leave him,” Seung Hyun interjected, making everyone turn to him. His voice had sounded deadly, and chillingly serious that it was hard not to turn and look at him with a mixture of slight fear and apprehension. “We mated for unknown reasons even to us, but I don’t plan to leave him.” Ji Yong blushed and felt like Seung Hyun’s words had just gripped his heart tightly. He believed every word Seung Hyun had to say and even found himself not doubting them. Although he did find himself wondering why he was so blindly trusting what Seung Hyun had to say, he after all could easily be lying.

“Believe what you want to believe,” Ji Yong looked towards his father as he started to speak, “But remember what you are saying now does not dictate the future that you and Ji Yong will share. And I warn you to be cautious, or you two could very well end up hating each other.”

No one said anything for a few minutes after that.

Then Chung Ae decided it was time to do some more interrogating, “what do you two even know about each other?” she asked in wonderment. “Seung Hyun, do you know what Ji Yong does for a living,”

Seung Hyun who was about to take a drink from his cup placed it down and nodded his head; “He works at YG magazine, right?”

Ji Yong looked at him slightly surprised. “Did I tell you where I worked; I don’t remember mentioning it…”

“Ani, you didn’t. But Ji Ho pointed out a picture of you in the magazine when I told him I was mated to someone named Ji Yong,”

“Aigo,” Ji Yong said with a pout, although reserving his jealousy at the fact that his mate was talking with other males. It was not as if he himself wasn’t talking to his friends that also happened to be males, so it was normal right. Then why did he feel like he needed to know everything about Seung Hyun’s life? Damn, who the hell is Ji Ho?

“Well, Ji Yong is famous,” Daesung said, “He’s followed by both girls and boys all over, so there was no doubt someone was bound to point him out when you mentioned him as your mate,”

“I did wonder why everyone looked like they were about ready to kill me,” Seung Hyun said in an amused tone.

“And where do you work at?” Chung Ae asked, trying to get the subject back on track.

“I work as an officer; my missions are usually to make sure the city is safe from creature attacks.” Seung Hyun explained, making Ji Yong tense up a little. He had not known.

“Doesn’t that mean that you sometimes will be out from home, placing yourself in danger?” Chung Ae asked, turning her eyes from the pale look on her son’s face to her new son in laws face whom looked serious.

“Sometimes, not all the time, right now things have been quiet,” Seung Hyun shrugged and stuffed some food in his mouth before glancing over to Ji Yong who looked now slightly sick. He gave him a worried look, and moved to place a hand on his shoulder to steady him. “Ji?” he softly murmured.

“Have you ever gotten injured in the job?” Chung Ae pressed.

“Shut up mom!” Ji Yong suddenly snapped, bowing his head down a little to hide his eyes. He didn’t want to snap on his mother but right now all her questions towards Seung Hyun were really bothering him. “Stop asking my mate questions already, can’t we just continue eating?”

“Ji Yong, what’s wrong?” his mother asked, surprised at the anger in her son’s voice.

Seung Hyun swallowed the food in his mouth, and then moved in close to whispered something in Ji Yong’s ear, that actually got the young white blond boy raise his head and smile widely. It left everyone stunned, since no one had ever been able to make Ji Yong smile like that. Yes, Ji Yong smiled, but this smile was new… For a moment they all wondered what Seung Hyun had said to Ji Yong, but both had already started eating again. Noticing the shocked look on his family’s faces, Ji Yong raised an eyebrow at them, “What’s wrong, aren’t you going to keep eating?”

“Ne, we just thought that you were going to burst you into a tantrum or something,” Daesung said, moving to take another bite of his food.

“Why would I do that?” Ji Yong asked, with a mild pout on his face.

“Well, usually if you are about to cry or throw a tantrum you scream and throw things, punch walls, and then storm off with flair,” Seungri said with mirth in his voice tone, adding the last part only to annoy Ji Yong, since Ji Yong was a perfectionist with grace.

Ji Yong sarcastically laughed. “I don’t do that,” he denied.

“Yes you do,” Daesung argued.

“Do not,”

“You do Hyung,” Seungri protested.

“Do not, and that’s it, no more from you guys.” Ji Yong glared at them, Seungri glared back and Daesung grinned. Seung Hyun watched the whole exchange, merely intrigued at how the brothers got along with each other. It seemed so normal and natural.

“Did you know, Seung Hyun, that on his first day of kindergarten Ji Yong told the teacher that she was not worth teaching him anything and walked out of class,” Daesung said as he turned his attention to Seung Hyun whom looked at him with slight curiosity, “the security chased him all around campus to get him back to class, but instead he ended up in the principal’s office, with double the homework. He couldn’t keep up with his work then,”

Ji Yong opened his mouth to object to this all when Seungri beat him to it.

“And that’s not the worse thing that he has done,” Seungri said, “Since then he was good at school, but most of the time he was always challenging the teacher. When he got a professor that he didn’t like, he pulled pranks and got expelled. He was homeschooled since fifth grade.”

Ji Yong tried to say something to defend himself but Daesung beat him to it.

“Then there’s the time that he stole something from a store, and thought he could get away with it, but was caught just as he walked out the door. He was so humiliated that day!”

“No” Seungri interjected, “He was more humiliated when mom started to dress him in girl clothing’s, remember when we were in high school and mom forced you to take him as your date to prom?” Daesung nodded his head. “He wore a black dress and a wig, it made him look sort of funny, but he did look like a girl, that was surprising.”

Ji Yong’s cheeks flushed red. “Don’t listen to them Seung Hyun!” he turned to his mate who had a slightly perplexed look on his face. After all, Ji yong in a dress would be something interesting to see.

Everyone around them laughed.

“What about the time that he hanged out with my sisters and ended up coming back home in female clothing’s and make up on his face?” Minzy laughed, “Dara had mentioned something about it being girls night and that they would get in free for being girls, but Ji Yong being a boy he would have to pay. And their solution was to make him into a girl,”

“Oh yeah, the time that he got a stalker.”

Ji Yong placed his head down, and tried to cover it. These were things he didn’t want to have to tell Seung Hyun, especially no like this. 

“What about the rumor that was spread about him when he first joined YG magazine?” Seungri started.

“That’s enough already, I think you guys are embarrassing him,” Young Bae cut in as he placed a hand on his boyfriend’s shoulder. Seungri pouted, and Daesung only laughed even more. It was fun telling someone new about Ji Yong. They really wondered what kind of trouble Seung Hyun and Ji Yong would bring to their family.

“Well, he kind of set himself up for this moment,” Daesung joked.

“I did not,” Ji Yong grumbled.

The lively chatter continued as they finished their dinner. Ji Yong’s parents didn’t speak again, not until they all moved towards the living room. At first it was all light conversation and little stories about their family. From when Ji Yong and his brothers were born, to how they met and even talked a little about what ‘proper’ mating was. It became clear that they did not approve of Ji Yong’s and Seung Hyun’s fast and irrational mating.

“I’m still interested in the subject of you Seung Hyun,” Chung Ae said as she looked at him with disapproval. “I really don’t think I know you well enough to trust you with my son,”

“Well, whatever you want me to answer, I’ll be glad to tell you,” Seung Hyun offered. Ji Yong groaned, and half placed himself on Seung Hyun’s lap.

“It’s late, I think Seung Hyun and I should be heading back home,” he huffed, keeping close to his mate. Chung Ae frowned, narrowing her eyes.

“And where is home?” she asked, “There is no way that I’m letting you out of this house with him, this is where you live Ji Yong,”

“But mom, you let Daesung move out and live with Minzy!” Ji Yong objected.

“That’s different, and I knew Minzy as well,” His mother hissed back, “you leave with him tonight and you are never welcomed back here.” Ji Yong groaned and looked from his mother to Seung Hyun. Finally he nodded his head.

“Fine,” he said, “But then Seung Hyun stays here and sleeps with me in my room,” the look in Ji Yong’s eyes left room for no argument. His mother though wanted to say something, like Seung Hyun could take the guest room, seeing as no one used it. But when Ji Yong moved to nuzzle his head under Seung Hyun’s jaw, and into his neck she stopped herself and simply frowned. For a moment, she thought she knew what was going on with her son.

Blind Trust

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun both blindly trusted each other, but she feared that this alone was not going to sustain their mating. She knew they were doomed to fail at it, and she wanted them to see so they wouldn’t be so hurt in the end. Ending a bad mating in the beginning was less painful than letting the time grown and then trying to break it off.

But how could she split them up before they both hurt?

“Anyways,” Minzy said as she blushed a little, “I know how new and weird it is to come to a family, so I can say I know I feel your pain Seung Hyun- you’ve also hardly spoken much. But welcome to the family,” she said. The others agreed with her, except for the two parents in the room.

“It’ll be fun having another brother,” Daesung added. “Please take care of Ji Yong,” he added.

“I will, no worries,” Seung Hyun said.

“I can take care of myself!” Ji Yong hissed. Seung Hyun chuckled as he remember how Ji Yong wanted them to be equals. It was not going to be just him protecting Ji Yong, but Ji Yong would also be protecting him. It was something that was rare in a submissive, that Seung Hyun had only ever read about but never seen. Besides that, he was not the type to oppress a submissive, so whatever Ji Yong wanted, Ji Yong got.

“Yeah, yeah,” Seungri said, rolling his eyes.

The night continued with them talking, before sleep started to wear down on Minzy, so Daesung excused them to go to bed. Not wanting to deal with his parents anymore, Ji Yong decided that was his chance to excuse himself and Seung Hyun to bed, and ended pulling his dominant along towards his room. Seungri smiled at his parents and decided bed sounded good, and left with Young Bae in tow. This left both parents to themselves.

“What are we going to do? They think that they’re in love,” Chung Ae said as she looked at her husband. She had not had a good mating; she rarely even shared affection with her husband. She knew that this was not going to work for Ji Yong either. Because the way he went about mating was completely different from her own beliefs. Ji Yong had not done it right!

“We don’t know that, we’ll just have to let them try it out and see if it works,” Jung Hee easily said, standing up and yawning. “Let’s go to bed,” he mumbled.

Chung Ae narrowed her eyes, “So you are not on my side on this?”

“Huh?” Jung Hee turned to look at her confused.

“Fine,” she snapped, “I’ll protect my son alone then, I don’t need your help. And I’ll sleep in the guest room,” she added, “Someone has too,” and she stomped away. The father looked back at her confusion written all over his face.

He swore that ever since he mated with her something had changed, and she had gone insane or something. He rarely understood her, and wondered what she meant. Ji Yong was safe after all. Jung Hee trudged back to his room, closing the door as a troubling thought entered his mind.

But was he safe from his own mother?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, and it's done!! Hopefully it isnt so bad, It seems like more problems than fluff will be flying in later chapters...well its a complete surprise. I have no idea what to write next XD

http://eli-phunk.deviantart.com/#/d5mcf0e

what do you guys think of this? I drew it, but I feel is a little -not good- just for fun. No harsh things plz.