Chapter Twenty-One

We Are Just Meant To Be

We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter Twenty-One:

“I’m kind of nervous,”  

Young Bae reached for Seungri, and grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly. “Relax, my love, everything is going to be okay,” he said in a soothing way that made Seungri relax a little. The fact was that he was so nervous over having to face battle on the first day, despite his mate being there with him. Their battle was scheduled for that high noon. It was almost going to be time.  

He considered Ji Yong and Seung Hyun to be lucky because their battle wasn’t until tomorrow. There were just too many battles for all of them to fit in one day, but Seungri wished he had at least more time to prepare. Even so, he and Young Bae had decided to come and watch the battles before theirs to both get pumped and see the moving forward competition. So far, there had been amazing battles going on, with some couples coming up terribly injured, compared to the winning team. It seemed that budding couples that were getting into this without mating, or freshly mated, were coming out badly battered by already mated couples.

That is what scared Seungri the most.

He and Young Bae might have been together from about two years or more now, but they had yet to mate. He was starting to wish that they mate already so that at least it felt like they were more connected.

“Look Ri, we’ve been together for more than two years, whether mated or not, I think both of us have a great understanding towards each other, and a strong bond as well,” Young Bae said as he further tried to sooth his soon to be mate. Seungri smiled at him. “I guarantee you we stand a good chance at succeeding past those mated couples.”

Sungri nodded his head, trying his best to get pumped, “Okay, let’s go kick some then.” he said.

Young Bae chuckled at how cute his boyfriend was, and both of them headed back to the main fields. Daesung and Minzy were both waiting for their start as well. Although Daesung found himself feeling incredibly nervous because Minzy was nervous as well, and wouldn’t tell him if she was okay to go through with the battle or if she wanted to post pone it or something. It also didn’t help that his mate was looking a little pale since the morning and it was almost high noon now.

“Are you two okay?” Seungri asked when he and Young Bae found them.

“We will be,” Daesung smiled reassuringly and Minzy nodded, gripping both her hands around Daesung’s arm, soothingly melting into his aura.

“I heard that Ji Yong and Seung Hyun were going to be here to at least see our battles,” Daesung said and once again looked around, but didn’t spot either of his brothers.

“Why did they miss the morning battles?” Young Bae asked, glancing around as well “I would think both of them would want to check out the progressing competition.”

“Well, Ji Yong is here, but he’s dealing with the fashion show series that will be taking place every end evening, and Seung Hyun is still an officer whom has to be ready to be on call duty,” Daesung answered, “Something about the fear of someone sabotaging either events that will be happening over the next few months.”

“Sounds rough,” Seungri said, rubbing his arm and taking back the thing about either Ji Yong or Seung Hyun being lucky. “Makes me wonder exactly what kind of relationship Ji Yong and Seung Hyun have though” Seungri said in a more thoughtful way. He had been trying to figure them out so badly, and even though he was the one that hung out with both of them the most, he still didn’t get it. Both of them were nothing like he and Young Bae. They were nothing like any couples that Seungri had ever seen.

“It’s really a wonder.” Minzy sighed, closing her eyes as she delighted in her mate’s closeness.

“You mean on how they are still so wrapped up in their jobs?” Young Bae asked.

“That and how both of them seem so in sync with each other,” Daesung added.

“I thought maybe they were just acting,” Seungri said, “after all, Ji Yong seems to dislike Seung Hyun’s job,” and the added, “And as of late, it doesn’t seem like Seung Hyun is really happy about Ji Yong’s job either,”

“Hm, why’s that?” Minzy asked, looking a bit perplexed by what they had just said.

“Seems like someone dared confess their love to Ji Yong and Seung Hyun so happened to be around, so you can only guess how he will feel about having to let Ji Yong go near there without him.” Seungri explained.

“Someone confessed their love to Ji Yong?” Daesung and Minzy both looked surprised “Who?”

“We don’t know,” Young Bae answered, “Neither would say,”

“They said that it doesn’t matter, but Seung Hyun spitefully added that his neck would be cut if he dared do it again and Ji Yong just hugged Seung Hyun and started to purr to sooth him,” Seungri paused, “I think he was trying to sooth him,”

“The way you first said it, it sounded like he was trying to encourage him to kill,” Young Bae deadpanned.

“Why would Ji-hyung encourage Seung Hyun-hyung to kill?” Seungri demanded.

“You know Ji Yong is capable of a lot of things.” Young Bae said.

“That’s true,” Daesung interjected before both Seungri and Young Bae got into a fight over Ji Yong’s behavior all over again. It seemed like Seungri always saw the best of Ji Yong and never his dark sides. For whatever reason that was, no one really cared to change his mind now, “Ji Yong could be aggressive like that, but I’m sure you’re right. Ji Yong wouldn’t have Seung Hyun kill someone.”

Seungri pouted. 

Young Bae opted to plant a kiss on his puffy cheek. “Come on, you and I better prepare,” Young Bae said, as the latest matches were announced to be over and they were next. Minzy once again tightened her hold on Daesung. After Young Bae and Seungri they would follow.

Seungri suddenly perked up his ears and looked disdainfully at the screen as the winners were announced.

Gwang Suk and Young Jun

The couple looked so happy to have won, and seemed to have suffered no injuries compared to the couple they had just fought. Seungri narrowed his eyes slightly as he took in their appearance. For some reason these two gave him a bad vive.

“Will Young Bae, Seungri, report to left field? Yuri and Jun Hee, report to left field.”

“Well, this is it,” Young Bae said, and reached for Seungri’s hand. Seungri frowned, as he further watched the monitors and allowed Young Bae to lead him. It seemed like their opponents were going to be two females and they looked eager to get started. Both he and Young Bae finally made it to the field, and the referee was in the middle, ready to go over with them what could get them disqualified. It was a final warning that they were given as they were allowed to start.

After asking if they had further questions, the battle started.

The field was of a flat terrene, like the desert, and unfortunately flat with no real dimensions. “Don’t you dare go easy on us just because we are girls,” Yuri called out, with a sassy smile “We’ll completely trample you!” she then held her hand out to Jun Hee. Jun Hee delicately placed her hand on Yuri’s but remained at least a step back. Yuri had light brown hair, styled short, with one side a bit longer than the other. Her ears were orange, as well as her tail. Jun Hee had an even lighter shade of brown that almost looked orange, and her ears were a mix of white and orange, as well as her tail, but she was also slightly shorter than her mate.

There was a reason why mated couples did better in battle than others- and that was because the submissive always gave a boost of power to their dominant.

Seungri couldn’t lend any of his own power to Young Bae yet. But at least he could help in protecting him, and making sure the other dominant didn’t overpower his. This is why this was a test of trust and compatibility. “We’ll be just fine,” Young Bae soothed. Seungri nodded slightly, and swallowed hard as his heart pounded with fear for Young Bae.

Both dominants took the necessary step forward and the battle was called to start. The referee jumped out of the way and it was go time.

Young Bae’s fist filled with white aura, and Yuri’s own filled with a lightly colored orange aura.

“The battle is starting” Dong Wook called to Ji Yong whom was currently making sure all the models were dressed properly and their outfits were all fitted for the show later. He called for Jun Hong to continue working as he turned to the television screen.

“Aish, and I said I was going to be in the crowd,” Ji Yong said in slight panic, “I’ll head over now,”

“No worries, Dae Hyun, Jun Hong, and Young Jae have things in control here, we’ll come and check on them later. I’ll go with you,”

Ji Yong glanced back at the other boys and nodded when he saw that they did have everything in control. Both of them then rushed off to be in the audience. Daesung and Minzy were up in the very top, watching the start of the battle by the time that Ji Yong and Dong Wook got there.

Ji Yong then looked around, “Where’s Seung Hyun?” he asked.

Daesung shrugged, when suddenly Seung Hyun landed in front of all of them, seemingly as if he had fallen from the sky. It surprised them all. “Sorry, am I late?” he asked.

“It’s about to start!” Ji Yong smiled, and turned back to the field and Seung Hyun peered over as well. Minzy, Daesung, and Dong Wook all had to recover from their shock before they too turned to the field and watched as the battle started as Young Bae and Yuri both moved forward.

The first to launch an attack in a furry of claws was Yuri, whom was more than ready to show how agile she was by moving fast, and twisting her body in odd angles that allowed her for more force to be placed behind her attacks. Young Bae proved to be able to able to move fast and slick as well as he dodged all the attacks.

At this time, Seungri’s own aura was vibrating, as silvery tendrils shot from him, and then he created a transparent wall in front of Yuri, causing her to crash into it, and be bounced back with a large amount of force.

Young Bae smirked, proudly of his submissive, and rushed to Yuri and using a blast of energy sent her further across the field, and into the fence.

Seungri smiled widely but Jun Hee was shocked as she shook a little in both fear and anger at watching her dominant be hit like that. She immediately filled herself with her own Aura, and shot some of the orange aura towards her mate, feeding her with her own power.

Feeling the incredible rush of warmth and surge of power from her submissive, Yuri got back to her feet as if nothing had happened to her, and looking as incredible as when the battle had first started. Jun Hee giggled a little at the shocked faces of the boys and crossed her arms as Yuri once more moved forward, to attack.

If she could just take down Young Bae, Jun Hee would have the perfect shot to attack Seungri. As the thing was, Both submissive, and Dominant could attack, but a dominant attacking a Submissive when their dominant was down was a little harsh. She had something about that, so she would let Jun Hee take him down. Other dominants are crueler though.

As Young Bae and Yuri continued to punch, kick, and claw at each other, Seungri and Jun Hee glared at each other from across the field. They were watching each other’s moves, and before long, Seungri blasted more energy towards Yuri, attacking her once again, this time in a head on way than just defense. This caused Jun Hee’s eyes to widen, as she shot her own energy after Yuri to protect her, but Young Bae rushed in, and pushed Yuri down to the ground.

Seungri took the opportunity then to ruffle up the ground, and created a sort of dust storm, over the lower half of the field, while at the same time creating a shield for Young Bae to keep the dust out of his face.

Jun Hee glowered, and started to stir her own magic to clear the field. She wanted to get in, but she didn’t want to waste all her energy when she could give it to Yuri. Yuri would need the energy to protect them both! She had to stand strong for when the opportunity was given to her.

When the field was cleared, Yuri was badly battered on the floor, struggling to stand up. Seungri clapped his hands, sending shock waves of energy to sap at Yuri, and she screamed in pain. Jun Hee fisted her hands, and sent much more of her aura towards her mate, once again, feeding her the energy enough to help her recover and get her out of there.

Young Bae watched in shock as Yuri got to her feet once more, and moved to get her, but the moment that he moved, he made one fatal mistake. That was, he left Seungri open.

Yuri rushed past him, and towards Seungri, intended on harming him and using him against Young Bae, but Seungri was quick to create a defense around himself and she bounced right back. By this time, Seungri and Jun Hee, as submissive were panting hard as their powers were starting to deplete, but their dominants kept fighting.

Young Bae angrier than ever at the stunt that Yuri had pulled!

How dare she think that she could touch Seungri? Rushing forward once more, he attacker her, this time his moves landed solid punches as she had slowed down a bit. She seemed to be relying a lot on Jun Hee’s aura. And as he took her down once more, he cued Seungri in, whom sent a final blast of magic, and stopped Jun Hee before she could help her mate, and sent her flying, making her skid across the field, badly injured and with no energy to get up.

Yuri got up and automatically rushed towards her submissive. “You okay? I shouldn’t have…I left you wide open.” She sobbed.

“I’m okay,” Jun Hee smiled.

“I’m so sorry,” She continued.

The referee landed down once again. “The winners, Young Bae, and Seungri!” he announced. Young Bae and Seungri smiled at each other as they rushed to hug. Then they turned to their opponents and went to go check if they were alright.

“Well” Ji Yong said as he watched the battle be over, “That didn’t seem so bad”

“It was actually, Intense,” they all turned around to face Minki whom smiled at them and waved a greeting as he entered the arena stand. Behind him was Dong Ho, yawning as he entered as well. He then wrapped an arm around his longhaired mate.

“I couldn’t believe they won, and Seungri seems tough to have fended that dominant off like that,” Dong Ho commented. The others nodded and started to talk.

Ji Yong wondered what he meant by that but just looked towards Seung Hyun whom was still out looking at the field, where Daesung and Minzy were being called to the field. His mate looked so hot, looking all concentrated like that, and his eyes so y- Ji Yong could not help but squish himself to Seung Hyun’s side and nip onto his ear, tugging at it playfully. Seung Hyun simply narrowed his eyes and growled out a slight warning in the back of his throat for Ji Yong not to get to carried away with abusing his ear. He just didn’t understand Ji Yong’s obsession with his ears, didn’t he know it hurt when he tug at them with his teeth?

“Seems like you two are up now,” Minki said as he looked at Daesung and Minzy.

“We are,” Daesung smiled wryly and turned to Minzy. She was so nervous and he could feel it clearly. “Wish us luck!” he said, and brightened his smile as he got a cue from Minzy that yes, they were going to go through with this.

Both of them then headed out to the stands.

“She seemed kind of nervous,” Minki worriedly commented.

“Yeah, I hope they will be okay,” Dong Ho added.

“They will, Daesung and Minzy have been mated for so long, I’m sure Daesung would know when to not let his mate go into battle,” Dong Wook said. Suddenly a loud growl that sounded terrifying along with pleased giggles caught their attention and they turned to Seung Hyun and Ji Yong. Ji Yong was tugging at Seung Hyun’s ear at an odd angle, while one hand was in Seung Hyun’s hair and the other one pulling at his other ear. Seung Hyun was still glaring and growling at his mate as he tried hard not to push Ji Yong off him.

“It hurts!” he growled.

“Hyunie your ear is so tasty” Ji Yong’s own muffle response came as he unlatched his teeth from Seung Hyun’s ear, to gently nuzzle it, before attacking it again.

“Don’t eat my ear!!” Seung Hyun growled, “I’ll buy you food,”

“Aish, I would never eat your ear!” Ji Yong said, as he gasped at the idea of such a thing happening. “Feed me” he added.

“Okay,” Seung Hyun said.

Both of them then walked off to go get food, while the other three stared after them.

“They…I don’t get them…” Minki said.

“No one does,” Dong Wook said, “They just got mated to, in the week of mating season’s peak, and are dating now,”

“What?” Dong Ho said, unable to believe what the was hearing.“They didn’t even check if they were compatible?”

Dong Wook shook his head, “No one even knows much about their relationship. Although Seungri hangs out with them the most, he still has a hard time understanding them as well.”

“Wow, that’s scary though” Minki said, and wonder filled him “Do they even love each other?”

“I don’t know, we haven’t asked them,” Dong Wook said.

“It’ll if all they feel is lust towards each other and when it wanes, what will they do? Annulling a mating is a painful thing,” Dong Ho said and Minki moved closer to him. Even thinking of such a thing was scary enough, period.

“It is, but let’s not think about that,” Dong Wook said, knowing full well that there was no way that Ji Yong was going to annul his mating with Seung Hyun. Something told him that even if they were the most miserable beings on earth because they carelessly mated together, they were not going to let each other go.

Soon enough though, they were watching the battle off in the field. Daesung was standing in front of Minzy like any Dominant would and Yeon Ju was standing in front of So Hee. Once again two females, and both looked like they were hungry for blood. Daesung was a skilled fighter and seemed to be fighting well, but his attention was divided from the battle to his mate.

Minzy had been flawlessly feeding him power to help him fight, standing strong, but now she was looking a bit pale.

Daesung’s moves seemed more and more hard on edge, as he frantically tried to end the battle before anything. The moment that Daesung was attacked by both females, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun made their way back, both eating hot dogs, while holding cups full of soda. Ji Yong’s eyes widened the moment that he watched his brother be knocked down and towards his mate, hitting head on with Minzy whom was knocked down hard.

She didn’t even have the strength to catch Daesung.

“What’s going on?” he wondered.

“She’s depleted,” Seung Hyun answered, “She’s about to pass out, Daesung need to get her out of there!” Dong Wook, Dong Ho, and Minki all turned to look at Seung Hyun surprised by his response.

“But, that’s impossible, she’s so strong…” Ji Yong whispered the last part before deciding that his mate was right…but why would Daesung let Minzy fight if she was not up to par for it?

“Usually?” Seung Hyun asked and Ji Yong nodded. “Something’s wrong then”

Daesung got to his feet, and managed to pull Minzy up with him. He was worried about her, and she smiled at him briefly, when as Seung Hyun predicted, she passed out, all color leaving her and Daesung caught her. Yeon Ju and So Hee both rushed to the couple, scared that there might be something wrong with Minzy. They might be the opponent, but there had to be something wrong for the submissive to be the first to fall. But then a referee stepped in and asked them to leave the field, calling the match a forfeit and Yeon Ju and So Hee had won.

Although it was not the victory they had hoped for or even wanted.

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun both jumped down as well, going to Daesung and Minzy. Seeing as Seung Hyun was an officer, he was allowed to go through.

“Daesung” Ji Yong called, “What’s wrong!”

“I don’t know,” the brunet sobbed, “All there is, is pain. Blinding pain,” he wailed, gripping his chest, but Seung Hyun was already arranging for help to come for Minzy and Daesung.


Hope you all like this chapter... ><