Chapter Twenty-Seven

We Are Just Meant To Be

We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Dong Wook smirked with pure confidence.

On the other side of the field, he could see the same smug expression on his younger brother’s face. The battle tournament had come down to it, and now Dong Wook and Han Byul found themselves facing Dong Ho and Minki. They were two very powerful couples that had the crowd roaring with unreserved excitement. Just because they were family, it was no reason for either of them to go easy on each other- they were going to go all out in this battle. Their goal here was to advance with no hard feelings and that was something that they all understood. They would give it their best and prove who the most powerful couple was.

In the crowd of people, Young Bae, Seungri, Ji Yong, and Seung Hyun stood by the railings, were they could keep a close eyes on the battle. “Dong Wook and Han Byul, are experts at countering so many things- I wonder how they would deal with the ultimate defense of Dong Ho’s and Minki’s” Young Bae wondered to himself.

“We’ll just have to see” Seung Hyun responded.

Seungri and Ji Yong traded looks that were a little frightened and excited. Ji Yong then peeked over to Seung Hyun, as the outcome of this battle was going to help them decide their battle tactics on whichever couple won. Seung Hyun caught Ji Yong’s eye and smiled, their tails intertwining themselves before they looked back out onto the field.

What they failed to notice was Siwon and Hee Chul whom were both perched at a higher section, looking down the railings to the Choi-Kwon couple with devious intents. They were going to set their plan into motion as soon as they could get them alone.

“Alright,” The referee said as he had finished explaining the rules as it was mandatory for him to do, “Let’s get this battle started” he said and jumped out of the way. Both dominants got into their battle stand, catching each other’s eyes.

Dong Ho and Dong Wook both glared at each other, but the ones really launching an attack was the submissive and the female.

Minki knew that his brother knew all his tricks, but he was still going to go for it and send his power down like a spider web to trap Han Byul. She was his target this time. Not that it worked. Minki found himself hissing and withdrawing the very moment that acid like tendrils met his own and he pulled back. Han Byul smirked at him. Her nails were growing largely with poisonous like acid dripping from her nails as a warning to what she could do.

“Change of plans” Minki hissed at his mate and Dong Ho nodded his head. He snapped his fingers together and sent a shock of sound waves flying from both the left and the right. The sonic boom of his attack was about to hit both Han Byul and Dong Wook, but it was met with the resistance of Dong Wook’s own defense. Dong Wook then waved his hand to the side, throwing with it discreet spheres of his own aura, and they didn’t become known until they touched down in front of Dong Ho and Minki, making a large flash of light appear before them- nearly blinding their perfect eyesight.

Dong Ho barely had any time to recover from his stinging eyesight before he was engaged in close hand to hand combat. Dong Wook was relentless as he attacked his brother in law. Dong Ho hated being pushed back and there was rarely anyone that could actually push him back in this manner. He finally drew out his nails and angled his hands in a way that when Dong Wook moved to land a hit on him he would get nicked with them.

Then the silvered haired male placed his body in an angle that would allow him for a swift round house kick. Dong Wook was quick to catch his foot and held on, intending on throwing him to the ground. Dong Ho flipped his body around, twisting his own weight so that his free foot could offer another kick. Seeing this coming, Dong Wook blasted some energy towards Dong Ho and lights flashed making him hiss as his eyes hurt, and he was thrown to the ground.

Taking advantage of this, Dong Wook’s aura manifested itself into his favorite weapon, a long sickle, with a very sharp curved edge that he swung down like a pendulum.

But before he could tear down at Dong Ho, the gray eared neko had moved out of the way and appeared on the other side of the field. Minki’s eyes were wide open as he was left open- but he was more shocked at the fact that his brother had nearly severed his mate.

Oh, he was not going to let this slide!

He immediately started to send his web around, just to limit the battle field and see  how his brother would do when trying to untangle himself. Of course, Dong Wook was smart and he was expecting this from them. Even though his attention was on pursuing Dong Ho who was dangerously close to his girlfriend, Han Byul took in her cue and built several energy boomerangs to send across the field.

In all bringing down all of Minki’s defenses, making then fall on his own mate. Dong Wook was quick to move out of the way and land beside Han Byul, building a protective barrier around her.

Minki cursed “Baek Ho” he whimpered. He should have known that his brother would know how to weaken their defenses. They were going to have to attack.

“Concentrate” Dong Ho hissed at his mate, “Now, Ren”

Minki swallowed hard, and nodded his head. He concentrated his power towards his mate, calming himself down knowing that he had not hurt his mate. Sure, he knew that when he sang that his voice was pleasant, but this was his brother and he was pretty sure that he had something to counter that. So, he instead belched out something horrible, that made the sand around them storm into a very much controlled hurricane.

Dong Wook had not thought that Minki could do that. Surprised he brought his defenses back up.

Dong Ho smirked, and decided that this was a good a chance as any to get their attacks going. Using his own aura and taking in Minki’s he immediately started to built spheres of powerful sand, sending them under the ground as he did so. He concentrated on enough energy to burn his power into the sand terrene that they were battling in--- this was their advantage.

Just as predicted, the sand turned into fragmented jagged glass, and he sent it discretely through the only way that he knew was open to any dominants defense- below the ground. So when the glass came flying to the ground towards Dong Wook and Han Byul both of them hissed in pain as it cut through their flesh.

Then their defense dropped.

“Oh-oh” Minki whispered to himself, hiding a giddy snicker as he concentrated the sand and sent in straight to his brother and Han Byul. He could hear the high pitch squeal that Han Byul released as they were hit with the intensity of it. Dong Ho quickly moved in front of his mate, and pushed his own power into the attack- their energies becoming one ultimate power.

Dong Wook could barely open his eyes or move much for that matter, but his panic for Han Byul was strong. They weren’t mated so she could end up hurt if he didn’t do something about this! He had to think—but what could he do.

That was when Ji Yong and Seung Hyun’s latest conversation entered his mind. They had been talking about how storms were easily compatible if you just knew the wind patter and  moved away from the center of it- and then they had gone on to talk about how bubbles were fun and how they were trouble. Bubbles…

Dong Wook’s energy bursted, creating several bubble like shapes and he reached for Han Byul. A bubble shape of goggles appeared across his eyes, protecting them as he tried to assess the issue. The energies of the sand attack were on the center. He could actually see the swirling energies like Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had both said, his attention then turned towards Han Byul whom was whimpering within the bubble he had created and trapped her in.

It was sticky and fun.

He laughed to himself as he brought the bubbles down with him, positioning them all on the floor and he entered the bubble with Han Byul inside, holding her close as they landed on the ground. “It’s going to be okay” he said, his dark gray pointy ears flicking down and his tail wrapped around her small waist. She opened her eyes at him, giving him a trusting look.

“I love you Dong Wook” She said, reaching her arms around him. He grinned at her.

“I know you do” he said knowingly but before she could huff about him being so cheeky, he leaned down and captured her soft lips in the sweetest kiss that they had ever shared.  Her face bursted into a blush and she smiled at him. “Now let’s go out there and win this!” he offered her. She nodded, feeling completely confident once more, and both of them waited until the sand storm came to a halting end.

The crowd was holding its breath.

As the field cleared though, everyone was stunned at the odd round shapes that seemed to surround one half of the battle field. Dong Ho and Minki both blinked at the odd shapes. Dong Ho sighed and spared a glanced at his long haired mate and tried to see how much more energy he had.

Plenty

So, whatever kind of surprise this was, they were going to face it together.

“Remember what Seung Hyun and Ji Yong were talking about last time?”

“Bubble trouble?” Han Byul amusedly asked as she looked at the silvery bubble around her as Dong Wook’s idea started to make sense in her head.

“I think they were saying bubble-bubble, but whatever” Dong Wook grinned. “Let’s roll this bubbles out, they have a sticky potent to them.  

Dong Ho and Minki both watched in surprise as the sand cleared to show silvered colored bubbles slightly rise from the ground, and start to multiply, by twos. Each bubble had doubled at least five different times until there was a mountain of them, slowly spreading around. But their speed didn’t stay slow and soon they were barreling towards the Kang-Choi couple as they fearfully moved out of the way as fast as they could.

“Dong Ho!” Minki wailed when one slammed right into him and sent him flying against the other end of the stadium, sticking him to the wall. He hissed and clawed at the glue like sand and found himself desperately trying to escape.

What the hell was this!

Dong Ho moved as fast as he could, and moved towards his mate. He could clearly feel Minki’s panic, “Relax” he urged. The blond neko flicked hiss white ears and glared at him.

“How!”

“There’s no use, you are not escaping.” Dong Wook said, and cued for Han Byul to finish off his brother. The sticky bubble turned into burning acid, and the white earned neko let out an ear splitting scream as it scorched his skin.

“MINKI!”

Minki found himself crying, but holding on for his mate’s sake. Dong Ho noticed this and felt the reassurance through their bond and quickly vanished before Dong Wook could even hope to sick a bubble on him. Dong Ho had to think fast. Creating a defense around himself, he manipulated his energy to spread to the glass shards on the ground, and directed them to each bubble. The bubbles all suddenly popped, bursting around the ground into a sticky substance.

Dong Wook and Han Byul looked around them, wondering where Dong Ho had gone. Of course, his appearance became notable as the ground suddenly started to swirl from underneath them, and the sticky substance was melded into the sand.

“Let’s see how you like your own weapon used against you” he hissed.

Han Byul threw her energy down and hardened the sand to thick sediments of rock.

Dong Ho blinked confused.

Minki huffed and allowed his energy to softly surround him, until he was set free and he hissed as his wounds started to heal. He then sent his energy towards his mate, and Dong Ho gratefully took it. Using their energies he created water! And sent the strong pump of it straight at Dong Wook and Han Byul who were taken by surprised by it!

Thinking fast again, he created the bubbles again.

“Not again,” Minki hissed, and sent his energy out, the strong tendrils of it wrapping around the bubbles until they popped, and the sticky substance landed all around Dong Wook and Han Byul who had been around the bubbles using them as defense. This made them stick to the ground and greatly slow down their movements. 

So when the strong attack of water came their way- it hit them directly and sent them flying against the wall. The attack had been strong and had weakened them both.

Taking this into consideration, Dong Ho and Minki moved to take in their official stand. Minki smirked, sending his spider web like energy to wrap around his brother. Dong Wook noticed this a little belatedly as he had been focused on making sure Han Byul was alright, seeing as he couldn’t really communicate with her unless he looked at her and was there to physically check her. He cursed when Minki pulled and he felt the strains surround him and immobilize him.

He turned just in time to see Dong Ho move towards him, up Minki’s energy, and flowing around it as he did. The moves can hard and fast, hitting him while he was kept in place to take all the attacks. Minki kept a hold of him from his most vulnerable areas while Dong Ho finished him off.  Han Byul let out a shrill scream as she watched, and tried to help him by using the acid, sending it directly at Minki whom gasped as the move melted through his energy and stung him.

But it was too late.

The crowd cheered loudly as they watched the nekos in the battle finish each other to the bitter end. At the end, Minki was shaking with burns across his face and body that started to slowly heal. His brother was knocked out and Han Byul was curled up around him, crying her eyes out. Dong Ho huffed, moving back towards his mate and hugged him as he did so. Minki clung to him. This was one of the hardest fights that they had ever had to face and it was all do to the fact that Dong Wook knew their weak points. Dong Wook knew their loops, but once more it was proven- only the mated prevailed.

“It’s all because you two are not mated that you lost.” Minki said, “You couldn’t help each other much” Han Byul tried to ignore him, feeling hurt by his words. She knew that he didn’t like her, but that didn’t matter- all that mattered was Dong Wook. “I was wrong about you Han Byul, I can see that you love my brother and the two of you will make a good and powerful couple. Considering that you  nearly beat us down” he smiled.

She turned to look at him.

“You two are still going to mate right?” Dong Ho asked.

“Of course” Dong Wook huffed from where he was lying on Han Byul’s lap and she turned to him, with a small laugh puffing from her lips as she did.

“Yes, we are”

“And when we do, I’m kicking your Minki.” Dong Wook huffed. Dong Ho and Minki both bursted out laughing.

The referee came over.

“And the winners are the Kang-Choi couple!” he announced after accessing that Dong Wook was in no shape to keep fighting. His body was slowly healing itself, but he still had medics run in to take him off to the hospital along with Han Byul.

“Aww, they lost” Ji Yong said. “I was hoping Dong Wook would win, they were so close”

“And after using all those bubbles to”

“He forgot to change their dynamics” Ji Yong grinned. “We should have taught him all the bubble tricks!” he said. Seung Hyun shook his head at his mate.

“What are you two going on about now?” Young Bae asked.

“Nada” both of them said at the same time, turning back to look at the field. Seungri turned to Young Bae and whispered to him.

“I’m scared”

Young Bae hugged him close. “We will be fine” he said. But the competition had dwindled and only the powerful were surviving. For an unmated couple facing mated couples there was a strong possibility of loss. The advantages were just too great. Couples could communicate and feed each other whereas unmated couples couldn’t and that was worrisome for the dominant to think that their potential mate could get harm in battle if they didn’t focus on both battle and them.

A division of attention.

“So, who’s going to battle next?” Ji Yong asked.

“Oh,” Young Bae said bring out a schedule sheet, “They are going to be changing the field to one of Ice, and it’s going to be an unmated couple Hyun A, and Hyun Seung, against the mated couple of So Hee and Ah Jung”

“Sounds exciting” Seungri said.

There was going to be a small break as the field started to change. Some people stood up so they could go to the bathroom or get some refreshments. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun wondered off, knowing that they were going to have to get back to work soon.  “I’ll come pick you up, I plan to get off work early today” Seung Hyun said as he was walking, hugging Ji Yong from behind and nibbling on his neck.

“I’ll be waiting for you then” Ji Yong giggled as the kisses tickled his skin but at the same time tried to hold back moans at how good they felt. Seung Hyun’s lips against his skin always seemed to work magic in getting him aroused. But they were saying goodbye right now, “Hyunie, stop” he whined, his ears going flat against his head as he tilted his head to give Seung Hyun more room to devour his neck- contradicting  his words.

Seung Hyun chuckled against the sweetly scented skin and nipped one last time before pulling away. “You’re too tempting Ji” he told his mate as he moved  in front of the pouting blond and kissed the tip of his nose. “I’ll see you later, my love”

“Okay” he mumbled and Seung Hyun stole a kiss from his pouting lips before officially disappearing. Ji Yong couldn’t help but always be surprised when Seung Hyun did that- but it always did bring a warm feeling to his chest and pulled a smile right out of him.

Ji Yong sighed longingly, thinking about how much longer he’d have to wait before he was in Seung Hyun’s arms again when he turned around and came face to face with a sneering Hee Chul.

“You must be the submissive” Hee Chul scorned, a slight cynical laugh edged to his voice as he said it. “You have all the traits”

“You are?” Ji Yong asked.

Hee Chul huffed, “Funny” he muttered in regards to Ji Yong pretending not to know him.

“Is something that you are obviously not,” Ji Yong skipped around him, swirling his tail in a way that told Hee Chul to stay away but it was also a challenge. Whipping his own tail to the side he decided to walk with Ji Yong. Okay, calm down and follow through with the plan, he reminded himself as he followed the blond.

“You really are the submissive in the relationship huh,” he said, critically eying him so Ji Yong would feel self conscious.

 “What makes you say that?” Ji Yong shot back, but his expression remained aloof and passive with no indications of surprise to show that he was right. It irritated Hee Chul a bit, but he let it slide.

“Because no matter how tough you try to act, you still give Seung Hyun enough leeway to be what he is, a dominant,” Hee Chul scoffed, “How selfish do you have to be to pretend to be anything than what you are? What you are ashamed to be a submissive?”

“I’m not” Ji Yong calmly said.

“And how is it that you can be more preoccupied with wanting to have than your own mates feelings?” Hee Chul paused, and gave Ji Yong a hard look. The young blond neko took in a sharp breath, turning to look at Hee Chul. “Yes, I heard you both this morning, when you told him how badly you wanted to have so soon again…” Hee Chul made a disgusted face.

“I do care about my mate, what are you talking about?” Ji Yong defended, ah, he had struck a nerve.

“Do you really?”

“Yes!”

“You’re such a liar.”

Ji Yong frowned, “Whatever, I don’t have time for this” he said as he started to walk away.

“You know Seung Hyun’s deserves someone who can love him and care for him, and you are not it,” Hee Chul called, making Ji Yong pause. “Admit it Ji Yong, you are just using him.”

Now Ji Yong was mad and confused, he turned around to glare at Hee Chul, “What are you talking about?”

“You’re a little heartbreaker Kwon Ji Yong,” Hee Chul said, “And what is Seung Hyun? Your Toy?”

“Shut your stupid face!” Ji Yong childishly said, “And that’s Choi-Kwon Ji Yong to you!” he huffed and stomped away, not giving Hee Chul the needed chance to continue with his accusations. Hee Chul stayed stunned for a bit, wondering what the hell had just happened. He had been waiting for Ji Yong to say that he was not a heartbreaker before he would launch into names of his past of people he had hurt. He had it so planned…and yet…

Shut your stupid face was what he got for a response?

“Oh God, he’s so childish and insufferable!” he grumbled to himself as he went in search for his mate.  Maybe he was having a better shot at getting to Seung Hyun.

Choi Siwon had followed after his brother and had to literally chase him down before he managed to get a word in. “Hey, let’s have a talk- dominant to dominant.” Seung Hyun raised an eyebrow at Siwon, noticing him for the first time was he was about to make his way into the police station.

“Did you need something?” he asked, looking like he didn’t recognize him or something. Siwon disregarded that though.

“I wanted to talk to you, about your situation with your submissive. Don’t you think you should be able to keep better discipline on him and his rude attitude?” he asked, “What kind of Dominant do you think you are, not being able to control your submissive- what an embarrassment and a shame to everyone” he hissed in anger. Siwon had made sure that his words came out powerful and stinging. Seung Hyun stared at him blankly for a few minutes, before he blinked.

“Huh?”

Siwon frowned. “Learn to control your submissive! What do you think others are thinkingi when they see such disrespect from him!” he hissed at white haired neko. Seung Hyun huffed and looked at his watch.

“Look, I don’t know what you are talking about- but if something happened to your submissive or you would like to file a report you will have to come inside to do so and the secretary will help you. I have a meeting to attend, excuse me” Seung Hyun said, and quickly dashed inside before Siwon could get another word in. He felt completely stunned by the turn of events.

It was as if whatever he had just said had gone down on deaf ears or something!  

It was insufferable!