Chapter Ten

We Are Just Meant To Be

 We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter Ten

Ji Yong sighed as he finally had come to his senses and gotten things together-At least as together as he hoped them to be.

Seeing as when he was younger he had taken a first aid class, he knew what he had to do. He cleaned up his mate, and then bandaged him up. Looking for the needed items had been simple. Although the villa was a little messy, everything was set in a way that logically made sense. Your basic living room, couch, coffee table, TV, and from there came to looking for the bedrooms, and bathrooms. Finding the lay of the house was also simple, taking care of his injured mate was a whole other thing, but for now everything was good.

Seung Hyun was already in his bed. Both he and Seung Hyun were now clean, and changed into clean clothes. Sighing to himself, Ji Yong finally calmed down enough that he started to feel the fatigue in his body.

He knew that Seung Hyun was knocked out because the pain of his broken ribs, elbows, shoulder, and left leg were too great. But slight fear was still palpable in Ji Yong’s chest. It was around three in the morning and he was still not asleep because he wanted to continue to watch Seung Hyun breathe. When his eye lids became to heavy, he finally moved to lay beside him, laying his head on Seung Hyun’s chest, and relaxed when he could feel his beating heart. That was the greatest sign that he had that his mate was still alive.

He couldn’t wait until they both got their power back. When they did, he knew that Seung Hyun’s broken bones and ribs were going to heal quickly. For now though, both of them were going to have to continue waiting.

Before long, sleep took over and everything in Ji Yong’s world went dark.

000

Seungri yawned loudly, flicking his tail back and forth while keeping his ears down. Mornings were never the favorite part of his day, but ever since he had met Young Bae, all he wanted to do was challenge himself to wake up in time to watch the sun light enter the room and hit him. It was not very often that Young Bae and he would sleep together in the same bed, but ever since Ji Yong was gone he did more than ever. It wasn’t because Ji Yong was gone, that wouldn’t have changed anything. He knew his brother was strong. It was just all that hopeless things that people were saying about his brother that really got in his nerves.

They were all going to see! Ji Yong was going to return and he was going to show everyone that he was alright. That nothing bad had happened to him!

Yawning once more, he sat up and looked down at his hopefully future mate. Young Bae shifted in his sleep as soon as he sat up and was now on his back facing his way. His face was peaceful, but broadly open with such expression that it made him stare hard. Young Bae was beautiful.

Purring lightly, he watched as the morning sun slowly, but surely made its way into the room and started to light everything around. The moment that it touched Young Bae’s skin he knew why his name was Taeyang. Seungri could not help but bite into his lower lip, and tilt his head slightly before moving in close and burying his face into Young Bae’s neck. He started to nuzzle the exposed skin there, and he started to wiggle in getting himself comfortable onto Young Bae’s side. His little exited movements stirred Young Bae from sleep and he briefly opened his eyes to look at him, before chuckling and making a large grin spread across his face before he closed his eyes again and sighed.

“What are you doing?” he amusedly asked.

“Loving you,” Seungri simply answered, not pausing in his movements at all.

“Ah,” Taeyang said as he shifted a bit, “I think you are comfortable enough now,”

“Not yet,” Seungri mewled.

“Yah, but if you keep rubbing against me like that, I’m afraid I might lose it,” Taeyang began to purr as he could feel the delirious pleasure of having his soon to be submissive be so comfortable around him. There was nothing like reaching that goal in where the submissive was so comfortable with their soon to be dominant to really get things in the relationship flowing.

Soon they were both melted into each other, and buried under the bed covers, being nothing but a pile of tangle limbs, kissing, and loudly purring. When the kiss broke, and Young Bae rubbed his nose against Seungri’s, the young submissive felt comfortable enough to bring up the topic that was slowly but surely nagging him to insanity, despite it being in the back of his brain, “Um, Bae, do you think that Ji Yong will come home soon,”

All purring stopped there.

“Ah, Seungri,” Taeyang said, not wanting to scare Seungri by telling him that Ji Yong should have been home two weeks ago. The mating season of their species only took three days. From there on it only took maybe at most, five days if they did find someone they wanted to date. The reason being that usually time was lost, or final battles were going on- but this was new. Two weeks was too much. Where could Ji Yong be and what he could be doing was all a mystery in itself! When he had begun to court Seungri, they had only been gone two days from society before they had returned and although they were only dating had already introduced each other to their families. “I’m sure Ji Yong will return,” he finally said.

“Do you think?”

“Look Ri, Ji Yong has always been strong and you know that he does things a little weirdly and maybe can be consider questionable in his sanity…but, he’s always pulled through. I know two weeks is long, but maybe he meet someone he liked and they have been seeing each other or something,” Young Bae tried to explain.

“But Ji Yong put off work just for someone who can be a potential mate?”

“Well, you and I nearly lost track of time, remember?”Seungri paused for a small moment to think about it. It was true; he and Young Bae had gone back to Young Bae’s place to hang out. They had hanged out so long there that they rarely saw the outside for some time. Maybe that was what was going on. And at this point believing that was better than believing that Ji Yong was out there somewhere hurt. “What time is it?” Young Bae asked after a few minutes had passed. Seungri raised his head and looked at the clock and then jumped out of the bed like something had just burned him.

“It’s twelve o’ clock!” he hissed, his tail straight and his ears on alert. Young Bae sat up and looked at the clock, sporting the same shocked look.

“We’re late!” he hissed, and both of them jumped out of the bed and rushed to the bathroom at the same time to take a shower, and get ready. Today they were going to be meeting up with Daesung and Minzy and joining them in the new welcoming ceremonies of the formed pairings. This meant that they were going to go and see the parade of dominants showing of the submissive they were courting and everyone was to acknowledge it, to make sure that no unfaithfulness happened. It was also to make sure that younger couples didn’t try to fool each other when it came to bites and sharing power.

Any other time, it wouldn’t be that it was necessary for a still courting couple like Young Bae and Seungri to go, but the reason they were going was to see if they could spot Ji Yong. Despite being M.I.A, Ji Yong and hopefully the reason for him missing being a potential mate will also be there to show off their budding relationship.

That is why they rushed, and ran fast, only to find Daesung and Minzy both looking at them with disapproving looks.

“What were you two doing?” Daesung demanded, “We promised to meet here at ten because seven was too early, was ten also too early?” he asked, his tail swirling beside him and his ears flat. You could tell that he was mad.

“Relax, we tried our best! We just got carried away with the time,” Seungri tried to explain, not really wanting to admit to his brother that he had spent a better part of the morning watching the sun rise and watch its light play on Young Bae’s skin. That was something he rather keep to himself and treasure forever. It was also something that he kept from Young Bae, and he found a little embarrassing to admit to him just yet.

“Yeah right,” Daesung said, giving his brother a suspicious look that easily told Seungri that his brother suspected him.

“Whatever, the one we should be looking for is Ji Yong!” Seungri argued, trying to change the subject.

Daesung sighed, and let it go. It was true, they were there for Ji Yong. “Okay, let’s go and look. I heard from Dong Wook that YG magazine was going to be covering fashion show for the new budding relationships. They said that they wanted it to be a fun night for new couples.” Daesung begun to explained.

“Ah, knowing the perfectionist freak that Ji Yong is, the arrangements for this would be something that he would want to be a part of,” Seungri said, having a very cherish cat like look on his face as he said it, his tail was swirling with mirth. He turned to Young Bae and fluttered his lashes at him.

Young Bae pulled him close and chuckled at him. “That sounds like Ji Yong,”

“Yeah, so let’s hope that we can find him,” Minzy cheered, really hoping that they would find Ji Yong so that her mate and his brother would feel better. She knew that her own sisters had been part of the people that they were torturing them. It was about time that they placed those rumors to rest.

“Wait, but Ji Yong has not been here to coordinate anything of the modeling show,” Seungri suddenly said, “who was placed in charge of it?” he asked.

Minzy thought back to what Dong Wook had said and then said, “I believe Dong Wook was the head coordinator for it, and other than him it was Jeong Dae Hyun, Yoo Young Jae, and Choi Jun Hong.” She named off and then shrugged, “I think only they were the ones apart of this fashion show,” she said. Daesung nodded his head and Seungri was surprised at the line up. The ones that they used were pretty young members in the magazine, maybe it was done for the experience.

“Ji Yong might freak if something goes wrong,”

 “Let’s find him before that,” he said and all of them went on to the small event that was going on. They quickly found themselves distracted by the many events that were going on. They even congratulated a couple of cute pairings that seemed really happy about dating each other. Young Bae and Seungri found themselves having even more fun getting to flirt with each other, and Minzy and Daesung felt a rekindled fire in their relationship. It was as if there was something in the air, and it was probably that little thing known as love. Love was not something was always freely expressed but for that day, it truly was.

They were all having fun, and no longer thinking about finding Ji Yong as they got even more involved in every event. When it came down to the fashion show, the anticipation for it was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

People were bouncing, but when the event was announced, and Ji Yong was not the one to present himself, many were confused. The anticipation seemed to die down, but it was as if the crowd was holding its breath, hoping to get to see Ji Yong make an appearance. That was when it hit them that they had needed to look for Ji Yong.

For a moment they also hoped that he would make an appearance.

But as the fashion show went on, and the three youngsters of YG magazine made their debut with at the end a satisfied crowd.

The only disappointing thing was that Ji Yong, not once, made an appearance that night.

 

“Where could he be?” Daesung asked, rubbing his forehead as he sighed and looked down at his hot chocolate. Seungri was sitting beside him with a frown on his face. They were both upset that they still had not found their brother. Because of this, Young Bae knowing that they would be restless simply going home, decided to take them out to eat. Minzy had agreed to it, but she could tell that no matter what they did, they were not going to get to cheer neither of them up.

“There is no telling where he could be, we can only hope that he is safe,” Minzy answered, trying to sound wise. “This is Ji Yong, you know he’s unpredictable,”

“True,” Seungri nodded, “But I never thought he would make us worry this much over him,”

“Well, we can scold him for it when he returns,” Young Bae tried to make them smile, but instead both brothers both dropped their ears flat on their heads. They were both still upset.

Young Bae and Minzy looked at each other and sighed.

They could only hope that Ji Yong would return.

As they went home, the wait for Ji Yong’s return continued on. But there was still hope. After all, tomorrow was a new day.

0000

There was something ringing, and it was getting annoying.

Ji Yong snapped open his eyes, and then hissed as light was the first thing to pierce through them. The light had looked so bright and blinding and his vision had felt so sharp, that it hurt. He sighed, and waited for a bit before slowly opening them again, and it took about a minute for his vision to adjust. He narrowed his eyes when they landed on an alarm clock, and he moved over Seung Hyun to unplug it. He smirked in triumph once there was complete silence once more, and then looked down at his still sleeping mate.

Seung Hyun had his silver hair again, his bluish black cat ears, and as he could recall he was wearing the same clothing he had placed on him the day before. Frowning he looked down at himself.

He felt great, well rested even. His power was surging with newfound energy. But there was something off, or at least something that was making him feel off balance. He remembered going to sleep, and he remembered that he and Seung Hyun had been in their human form at that time. Both of them had lost exponential power and Seung Hyun had been weak and hurt. A shiver suddenly made its way down his spine and he had to keep himself from . He could still remember Seung Hyun’s cool electric hair and when he brought them here, and how cool it had all been…but.

Ji Yong stood up. He walked around Seung Hyun’s bedroom, but he still couldn’t find what was making him feel off.

“Ji Yong?” Seung Hyun called, as he got up from bed. His vision had made him hissed as well, before he adjusted it. He immediately could tell that he was no longer human from how sharply focused everything was. Ji Yong, hearing his mates voice, instantly jumped back into the bed and crawled on top of him, moving his head down to nuzzle his neck and began to purr in obvious delight.

“You’re awake,” he said, “How do you feel?” Ji Yong’s black cat ears flatten on his head, and his tail curled as he looked at his mate fondly.

“I feel okay,” Seung Hyun responded, returning the soft nuzzles and making an answering purr. “The last thing I remember was you being held down by one of those other dominants and me needing to save you. They didn’t hurt you did they?” he worriedly asked, as he flipped their positions and started to inspect his mate for any signs of foul play. Ji Yong brightly blushed and shook his head.

“I’m just fine, you are the one that I was worried about.” Ji Yong pouted, “they hit you hard and even broke some of your bones, I thought I was going to lose you,”

Seung Hyun blinked down at his mate. “I don’t really remember that,” he said.

“Because you were knocked out,” Ji Yong said.

“I see,” he sighed. He really was trying to remember what had happened, but the only thing his mind kept telling him was to simply be glad that Ji Yong was safe and alive. That was a new feeling to him, but at the same time he couldn’t help but cherish it. He had Ji Yong and every fiber in his body was telling him that there was no way he was ever going to let him go.

Ji Yong felt himself getting extremely comfortable being under his mate, whom had gone from nuzzling his neck to nibbling on his sensitive kitten ear. It felt so good, but the fact that there was still something bothering him that made him unable to fully enjoy it. He looked to his side, trying to think about it even more, and that was when his eyes  landed on a  magazine that was laying on Seung Hyun’s night stand. He pointed to it with a slight mewl, “Mwo, what’s that?” he asked, tilting his head back as Seung Hyun went down to nibble on his neck.

“Huh,” Seung Hyun glanced up to see where Ji Yong was pointing and his deep black eyes landed on the magazine. “Oh, that’s a YG Magazine, I was looking at their style of shoes. They have a good selection,” he said. OH NO- YG Magazine…Ji Yong screamed and pushed away from Seung Hyun and ended up falling hard on the floor. Seung Hyun was startled by his sudden movements and looked down to look him with concern, “What’s wrong Ji?”

“How long had we been on this mating thing! I only asked for three days off Seung Hyun, I have to go to work,” he looked around, “What time is it, I bet I’m late!” he rushed around, but was getting nowhere fast.

“Calm down, you can still make it,” he needed to get back to work as well or he could be fired! He had not asked for more than three days as well. “You can borrow some of my clothes if you like,” Seung Hyun said. Ji Yong shook his head.

“Your clothes are too big for me to go to work with and still look professional, I am going to stop by my parent’s house and get a change of clothing,” he said, and Seung Hyun nodded his head. “I’m going to go now, I’ll see you later tonight,” he said, and moved to walk out of the room. Within a matter of seconds, he was back, and he was latched onto Seung Hyun, nibbling on Seung Hyun’s on kitten ears. “I’m going to miss you,” he said and then left for real.

Their bond pulled, and both of them felt that they still needed to stay close to each other. The fact that their bond was stretching was going to be distracting them all day.

Seung Hyun shook his head, went to his closet to grab a change of clothes and then went to take a shower. For the least he could do was report to work that he was still alive.

0000

“I apologize for all the trouble I have caused!”

To say that Yang Hyun-suk was surprised to see Kwon Ji Yong in his office, apologizing for his absence would be an understatement. He was more than surprised, and at the same time he was greatly relieved to see his top worker still breathing. From what he had heard from others, it was almost as if he should have been getting ready for a funeral. He was glad to see that it was not the case. “There is no need to apologize, I’m just glad that you came back safely. Mind telling me what happened on your adventure to look for a potential mate? Did you meet someone, is that why you missed so much time in coming back?”

Ji Yong stared at his boss with slightly widened eyes as the eager man kept throwing question after question his way. His ears twitched in annoyance and his tail remained lowered, moving slowly from side to side in an unhappy way. This was a subject he was not looking forward to discussing with his boss. “Umm, I well you see...” Before Ji Yong could say anything else, the door opened and he turned around to face his mother and both his brothers. His family was panting hard as if they had rushed over here, and behind them he could see an apologetic Dong Wook, who had obviously called them when he had seen him.

Great, and here he was hoping he would be able to avoid them long enough to make a plausible excuse for his absence. He had gone home and gotten a change of clothing, and even packed a bag so he can stay with Seung Hyun and have the things he needed. He had escaped freely as he saw that his family members were not there and the house had been empty as it usually was in the middle of the day. He thought he would come to work and then his boss would yell at him and give him some sort of impossible task to accomplish. Instead, he found himself being hugged and bombarded with questions.

“Where have you been!”

“We were so worried!”

“What happened!” the questions came all at once and Ji Yong felt like his head was spinning from it.

“ENOUGH!” he finally hissed, and pulled himself away from all of them, “I’ll tell you all that happened, just no more hugging, please,” he looked at them pleadingly and his mother frowned, both his brothers looked at him surprised and Dong Wook shook his head.

“We really were worried about you,” Seungri hissed, his ears flat in anger and his tail moving back and forth in angry motion, “It’s not fair, where have you been? You could have contacted us and told us where you were,” watching his brother begin to cry when he rarely saw him cry made Ji Yong drop his head and apologize.

Before long, they had all migrated to Ji Yong’s office.

0000

Seung Hyun made it to work only to have everyone staring at him.

The mischievous man, Woo Ji Ho grinned widely at him, tilting his head to the side. His brown cat ears were half white, and extra fluffy as he flicked them around playfully and his tail swirled as well. “There is something different about you,” he commented. Seung Hyun shrugged it off and tilted his head towards the boss’s office.

“He in?” he asked.

“Yah man,” Ji Ho said, shrugging his shoulder, “The old man is always holed up in there,”

“Alright,” Seung Hyun said, moving to go in. Ji Ho sat up, and tugged on the hem  of his uniform.

“Once you out, you are gonna spill what happened” He pointed a finger to him and then shooed him off. Seung Hyun shook his head at Ji Ho. He was his friend since middle school, although they weren’t exactly super close, they were co-workers and got along well. Gossip here in the office was always alive. It was also something you learned when being an officer. As a whole, they had to always watch each other’s back as they were always sent out for patrol and the potential dangers. So in a way you learned to just live with the officers here and trust them in a sense.

They were also the reason why he was out anyways.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the boss’s office. When a grunt answered him, he knew that was his cue to go in. Once he was inside, his boss gasped, and looked at him with slight shock before standing up and leading him to sit down.

“Tell me everything about what happened, and it better be good enough for you to keep your job,” as all he said before looking at poor Seung Hyun expectantly. Seung Hyun opened and closed his mouth several times, before finally he was able to stutter.

“Ex-excuse me?”

000

“From the first day, everything was normal.” Ji Yong said, answering a question.

“So you didn’t meet anyone?” Daesung asked, and Seungri was snuggled on Ji Yong’s side. Seungri was always liked to cuddle, and always enjoyed being near his brothers. Seeing as they were of the same litter, and attached to each other it was no surprise.

“I met a couple of weirdoes’, here and there,”

“You know what I mean! Did you meet someone that you might consider your future mate?”

Ji Yong was silent for a while, before he shrugged and said, “I guess you could say that,” there was not much to consider in Seung Hyun becoming his mate. He already was, but that was a topic he found himself reluctant to reveal. After all, he had always been thought that he needed to be smart about the choices he made and always make sure that they were correct. If his mother and his siblings found out that he had mated straight up, they would think he was crazy or something. He feared their opinion, because he valued it too much. He also did not want them to think that Seung Hyun was a mistake that he was making.

“Really, who?” Seungri asked, now perked up. His ears were wide and alert, and his tail was moving back and forth in anticipation.

Ji Yong nearly flinched away from his brother. “Someone,” he said.

His mother, who had remained silent, simply watched her son. She could tell that there was something different about him and she could not quite place it. When she heard Ji Yong said that he actually met someone, suspicion grew even more. “So you plan on dating this person?” she asked, over the excited cheers from Daesung and Seungri. Both of them had been saying things like it’s about time you met someone! However, their mother’s sudden question startled all three brothers. Even Ji Yong’s boss looked like he was calculating the situation.

Ji Yong was one of his best employees and someone he did not want to lose. He always made it a point to know what was going on with his workers.

“Mom,” Ji Yong whined but the glare she shot him made him drop his head and admit to it. “Yes, we are dating now, I guess,” to tell the truth he was not sure of there was any dating plans on Seung Hyun’s thoughts. He hoped that there was, this was his mate now and he had to get to know him one way or the other. There was no way that they were going to be spending all their time at home.

“Well, that’s good,” his mother said with a grin, “And when do I get to meet this someone of yours?”

“What?” Ji Yong looked scandalized. He had to get Seung Hyun to meet them, how could he forget that. Still, why was he feeling so nervous about this! It was not as if it was that bad of a thing was it.

“Yeah, I want to meet them as well,” Daesung agreed.

“Is it a male or a female?” Seungri asked him.

“He’s male.” Ji Yong answered without thinking much about it.

His mother was a little startled. He had always thought Ji Yong would be more into females that males! That came as surprise. First her little Seungri and now her little Ji Yong. Not that she was not happy, she was. She was just kind of hoping she would have someone else besides Minzy to talk to and call daughter. She had too many sons, you know.

“Male, yah, I never would have guessed. What’s his name?” Daesung asked, now moving to snuggle with both his brothers.

“It’s Seung Hyun,” he answered, for a moment biting his lips as something else nearly, unconsciously, slipped out of his mouth.

“Are you going out with him today?” Seungri asked. Both his brothers were eager to meet this person that was willing to date Ji Yong. Ji Yong shook his head, knowing he’d just go back to Seung Hyun and stay with him.

“Not exactly,”

His mother was the one that noticed the overnight bag.

“Are you planning on staying with him?” she asked, and Ji Yong stiffened.

“Mom, I,” he started to fidget before he pushed away from both his brothers and stood proudly. “I’m not a child anymore; I am capable of deciding where I sleep at night!”

His mother stared at him in slight shock. Ji Yong was known for being bold, but this was a new one and something that made her feels a motherly protection for her son. Or maybe it was just the fact that she was not ready to let him go. She was not ready for him to grow up as well. She was not ready to lose Ji Yong to another person as if he had lost Daesung to Minzy, and Seungri to Young Bae. “Ji Yong,” his mother said in a warning tone, “State your whole name right now” This was a trick that only mothers knew how to use when it came to the safety of their children-which was a sort of compel. She didn’t like the way that Ji Yong was acting, and she was not sure why he was gone for so long, but for someone to get him to start sleeping at other places, something must have happened.

Ji Yong glared at his mother, as he couldn’t stop himself from responding, “Kwon-Choi Ji Yong.” He said, and his eyes widened.

His brothers froze and looked at him in slight shock as well.

Hyun Suk jaw dropped.

His mother went pale, as she opened and closed .

, when a Neko mated, specifically when it was too males, both of them automatically assumed both last names.

“What…what did you just say?”

“I….” Ji Yong went red in the face.

“Well it was nice knowing you,” Hyun Suk said sympathetically as he stood up and quickly made to leave the room. It was too scary to be there when Ji Yong’s mother was pissed. In mere seconds, he was out of the room, leaving Ji Yong with his siblings and his mother.

“Mom,” Ji Yong started. Now he was scared about what she was going to say. 

She was having none, “You got mated?” she hissed instead, not allowing Ji Yong to talk for his own defence. “To a total stranger?”

Ji Yong took a step back but frowned, “He’s not a stranger-”

“No, for all I know he’s some old grandpa type ert!” his mother roared. “I seriously want to meet him now Ji Yong and I expect you to bring him to the house for dinner tonight! Understood,”

Ji Yong wanted to retort, but he knew better than that. He nodded his head solemnly, “Understood,” he mumbled and his mother sighed, and left the room. As soon as she was gone, Ji Yong slumped back into his seat. Daesung and Seungri quickly moved to hug him, looking at him with unreadable expressions. Ji Yong hoped that his brothers were not going to be as harsh on him as his mother had been. Right now, he did not know where to turn; he did not think he made a mistake by mating someone he barely knew. He had cracked his head going over it repeatedly. Even if he wanted, it to be different there was no going back.

He was mated and there was no way he was going to be leaving his mate for anyone else!

“You’re happy aren’t you?” Seungri finally asked and Ji Yong turned to look at him with slight confusion.

“What?”

“You’re happy with the person you mated with, right?” Seungri clarified, “That is why you mated right, this guy makes you happy,”

Ji Yong looked at his brothers and he could see the support in their eyes. He smiled and nodded his head, “Yeah.”

That was all that mattered. 


 

Omo, this chapter skipped around alot, and I hope it wasn't disapointing. ^^'