Chapter Fifteen

We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter Fifteen

Fear to being abandoned and being left alone were normal feelings anyone felt, right. Right- there was no one in the world that at one point they didn’t feel this hopeless. Wanting to belong to one person completely, and give to them without any inhibitions… but being afraid. Love, itself was a complicated thing if the person you love did not feel the same, especially because you would never want to be without their love. Yet in normal cases of unrequited love, the other person was already in love with someone else, yet in his case, the one he loved was yet to have fallen in love-That gave him hope!

And although so many things could go wrong in the process, there was only one thing that Hyun Sung believed in, and that was that you never left the one you loved, and loves you, because if you leave them for someone you just like, that person will leave you for the one that they love. He deeply believed then that if even if that person was with the wrong one, eventually things would become right. He believed in it so strongly that he was left a little off his axis after he had a talk with the best Cinematographer ever, Park Jae Sung. Jae Sung was an incredible person, a real legend in his clothing line, and photography, but the man was always very reserved when it came to his personal life. The fact that he had opened up even a bit, was amazing, but it was then that he saw a bitterness in him that he had never seen in anyone.

Maybe Bitter was not the right word, it was more a slap on the face type of advice, and there was something in his eyes that told him that he spoke of painful truth, “Love, don’t kid yourself with such things. You never end up mating with the person that you think you love, it’s always someone else that faith brings to you. You don’t get to really pick em, you just mate em.” He had said with a fierce turn of his mouth that he had to wonder if his eyes were blazing under his sun glasses. “I had loved once, and because of something so stupid we let each other go, never mating, and now here I am, mated to someone no one knows!” and the man laughed, before he had trudged away.

It was sad, to hear something like that from someone so great, and whom had lived for longer than he had. That man had experienced things in life that he was considered wise.  

“Don’t let what Jae Sung said bring you down,” Gummy told him as she saw his sad expression. Hyun Sung turned to look at her. Gummy was a vision of loveliness, her hair long and brown, and her kitty ears and tail as white as pure snow. She was a complete knock out, but the thing about her was that she never let anyone know her other name. As far as anyone knew, she was simply Gummy. “He just likes to dramatize that he lost a great love back then, but if he did feel something, he must selfishly feel like he hasn’t let go yet, but loves someone new as well. I mean, who hasn’t had a crush before they mated with the one they are meant to be with?” Gummy explained as she finished getting ready for her photo shoot with him.

“That makes no sense,” Hyun Sung grumbled as he fiddled with the different settings in his expensive camera, really trying not to listen anymore or make any sense of what he was being told although, he stopped and gapped when Ji Yong suddenly entered the room. The man was positively glowing with a radiance he had never seen before. Maybe it was the smile he wore that usually was not there, and the way his pink lips looked a little redder, probably a little swollen. This only made Hyun Sung figure that Ji Yong must have been making out with his mate before coming in to work this morning.

The grip on his camera tightened at the though and jealousy made itself known in his chest.

Or maybe it was just the key lighting that was placed in the room to make Gummy look even prettier for the photo shoot. Lighting did always make people look better and brought different features when done correctly. It was much more acceptable to think it was that.

“Ji Yong!” Gummy jumped up to wave at him when she noticed him.

Ji Yong looked up from his clipboard and turned to her, smiling as he waved before he walked up to her. “Hey Gummy,”

“I heard that you are mated!” She gushed, as she grabbed both his hands. She like many could not resist the cuteness of Ji Yong’s face especially when he smiled, or even made goofy expressions.  “Congratulations”

“Thanks!” Ji Yong beamed at her even more widely. His smile was truly blinding and Hyun Sung had to resist the urge to take a picture of that perfect smile. Instead, he looked away, and tried to focus on his camera settings.

“Omo, you seem so happy Ji Yong,” Gummy pointed out, making sure to make it seem very obvious to everyone that the usually serious Ji Yong was smiling.

“I am!” Ji Yong said and then looked around, “Oh, you’re about to begin your Photo Shoot, no?” he asked and Gummy nodded her head. “I’ll leave you to it then,” He said.

“Okay, but you should stop by again so you can tell me about your mate!” she sadly said. “I’m kind of curious about meeting the person that would mate a brat like you,” she teased and Ji Yong shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah, maybe, I have a lot of work going on right now,” he said and started to walk away.

“We’ll catch up later then!” she called out and then turned to Hyun Sung, “So, when are you planning to get mated, Hyun Sung,” she asked, giving him a wicked look. Hyun Sung looked at her oddly, his wide eyes filling in with question to what she had just asked. One thing Hyun Sung did know was that Gummy was already mated, but she became exited all the time whenever someone else got mated. She was also known to sometimes play cupid with all the YG members, and part of him feared that she might try to set him up.

“What’s so great about getting mated, anyways?” he asked instead, running a hand through his dark hair. His ears twitched in annoyance and Gummy giggled.

“You’re hopeless,” she quipped, and then walked to where she needed to be, in front of a large white screen. Already, she was thinking about someone that she could introduce to Hyun Sung.

Hyun Sung rolled his eyes, and called everyone to order, as everyone started to fix the lights to better fit Gummy, some of the other noona’s were still helping with the makeup, adding finishing touches that they felt Gummy needed despite how beautiful she already look. Could there still be a way to make someone so gorgeous look even more gorgeous? Ah, that is not what he is supposed to be thinking, and he shook his head to get rid of his thoughts before they drifted back to a certain blond neko. “Alright, people, let’s get this started!” he loudly called as he walked to his usual spot, and crouched down, angling his camera as Gummy made her first pose, a wicked smile on her lips, and a fierce look on her eyes that spoke volumes.

It was even more breathtaking when that wicked look suddenly turned innocent, and it was hard to believe that a girl like her could previously have pulled such an impious look.

While the photo shoot was going on, Ji Yong silently walked to the other side of the room looking over all the wardrobe changes that they would have in the list and started to mentally pick out which ones would be the best models to fit each image. Once he reached the room on the other side, he opened the door and shut it behind him.

“Hello Hyung!” Jeong Dae Hyun, Yoo Young Jae, and Choi Jun Hong stood up from their seats and bowed to him in greeting. Dong Wook watched the younger boys with slight amusement before he turned to look at Ji Yong whom seemed like he had not even heard the younger ones.

“How would you guys feel about working with Bang Yong Guk, Kim Himchan, Moon Jong Up, Ahn Jaehyo, Lee Minhyuk, Lee Taeil…”

“Wait Ji Yong, have you already picked out models?” Dong Wook asked in amazement, while the younger boys in the room silently blushed, and fidgeted as they thought about some of the models.

“Huh.” Ji Yong asked as he looked up, seeming as if he had been distracted despite being interrupted.

“You were just rattling off model names,” Dong Wook explained, with a hard look on his face. “I don’t think you should be going off on your own choosing models,” he reprimanded.

“Well yeah,” Ji Yong said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, “I was just looking at the list of the wardrobe that was chosen, and I liked a lot of it already. I was thinking we could contact a few of the models I named since I feel like they could really work the material. I was only making a suggestion, but if you’re not up to it-”

“Yeah, but some of the ones that you named aren’t even models that have ever worked for us, or even signed a deal with us,”

“A onetime thing and it will give Dae Hyun, Young Jae, and Jun Hong some well worth experience in dealing with new models,”

“Is it me or are you just trying to make their work impossible.” Dong Wook mused.

“Nothing is impossible!” Ji Yong said, “And I’m living proof of that,”

“Just because you could accomplish things with many tittles under your belt doesn’t make you invisible Ji Yong, and you can’t force that on them. We’re not all perfectionist like you”  Dong Wook argued in return.

“We’ll be helping them,” Ji Yong retorted, “They are not brainless,”

“Hyungs don’t fight!” Jun Hong pleaded.

“Hm, well, that’s only your opinion Dong Wook,” Ji Yong turned a sharp eye to the three boys, “Do you think that you are capable of getting any of the models I just named?” he asked them and the three froze. They wanted to say no, and then maybe, but maybe probably was not an option.

“Yes we can,” Dae Hyun stepped up. “I’m sure if all three of us work together, then we can,”

“That’s the spirit,” Ji Yong praised.

Dong Wook groaned. “Ji Yong, we are going to go into the battle of it all, these are like high models that you are leaving in their hands. If they mess up then we could never get them to come back to work for us,”

“You worry too much,” Ji Yong muttered as he pulled a seat out for himself and sat down. “Fine, we don’t necessarily need all of them. But at least try to see if you can get Bang Yong Guk, as the main model.” Ji Yong flipped the pages, “And I’ll let you decide on the female models, let’s see what you guys can envision,” he decided.

“Yes sir,” They automatically responded.

“Good, now that that is settled,” Ji Yong said. “We have to figure out how we’re going to choreograph the show, and what music to use,”

“I have an idea about that,” Young Jae said, with a happy expression on his face. He then dove in on a whole explanation on what he was thinking, and the other two seemed to pick up on it and even added ideas of their own. Ji Yong and Dong Wook were impressed with their idea that they decided to give them the proper chance and go with it, and as they talked, they worked on arranging the plan.

It wasn’t until they were talking about decorations that a sudden scream pierced through their walls, making their ears perk up and they looked around.

“What was that?” Dong Wook asked.

“It sounded like a bunch of noona’s screaming,” Ji Yong flicked his black ears, before standing up and pulling the door open. Right outside there was nothing but chaos, as several dark creatures, with flaming insides scattered themselves all over, slamming black molten lava over everything and carelessly destroyed the building.

“It’s a Dark creature,” Dong Wook said with shock.

“It’s multiplying!” Dae Hyun pointed out.

“Should we attack?” Jun Hong curiously asked, perking up his own kitty ears at the prospect of battle. Young Jae simply pushed his head down, trying to make sure Jun Hong wouldn’t do something that could get him killed.

“Are you crazy, they would multiply faster than we can kill them and devour us,” Young Jae hissed.

 “Calm down and don’t do anything crazy.” Dong Wook gave them a serious look that made them all shrink back.

“” Ji Yong hissed, alerting the others.

A blob of sticky black ooze came flying their way, and they all darted out of the way in high speed. They all landed in different parts. Ji Yong found himself standing next to Gummy who was glaring daggers at the monster, while at the same time seemed to try and keep Hyun Sung from hiding behind her skirt. “What’s wrong with him?” he asked.

“I think he’s scared.” She plainly said, trying to be nice, but also obvious that she was not happy right now.

“Am not!” Hyun Sung said, and walked away to her side, and walked forward. “I can fight those monsters, no problem. You guys just watch me and then see who is scared” but before he could dart of to do something stupid a hand landed on his shoulder and he turned around only to come face to face with their boss, Yang Hyun Suk.

“I’ve already called in for officers,” he looked directly into Hyun Sung’s eyes, “Professionals, to come and get rid of that pest. Sit back and don’t go off doing something stupid, okay.” He harshly aid and Hyun Sung nodded his head, feeling a little ashamed. Sudden screams suddenly sounded again, this time of the Noona’s crying out in outrage at the fact that the monster had just melted a good amount of makeup.

Hyun Sung gritted his teeth as he watched a couple of his own professional cameras getting melted into black gunk, “Yeah, well, they better get here fast enough before that thing duplicates so much, it would blow the top off this building.” Hyun Sung found himself retorting as he turned to glare at Hyun Suk, before bowing down deeply, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” he cried.

Hyun Suk only glared at him in return.

Gummy and Ji Yong both backed up a little, and were glad that they were not Hyun Sung at that moment.

Either way, the creature swirled itself, before it doubled once again, and this time the clones it had reproduced, took its lead and doubled themselves. All of them had already moved to high places, but they feared that maybe a proper evacuation was in order. Seeing Dong Wook on a lower level, it seemed like he had the same idea as he moved those with him towards an upper level near a window for them to get out. That was just what Hyun Suk was going to ask Ji Yong and Gummy to help him do the same, when all of a sudden the creatures all became frozen, surrounded by what seemed to be a golden light.

Then two different officers came in, one female and the other one male, and swiftly started taking care of the mess. While the male eliminated each one, when he did, the creature only seemed to break apart into several other components that would each grow a form and duplicate if left on their own, but then the female would let out a blizzard, and create them into ice chards, before creating a huge wind which then collected every piece.

Once the male finished destroying everything, and the female had collected every last piece, the male seemed to chant something before placing his hand down on the floor, creating what looked like an endless black hole. The female finally just dropped them in, and cleared her hands with a satisfied look on her face. Her different kitty ears were perked up, and her tail was in a slight loop, with a very firm look to it.

The black hole was then closed, and the male deemed that they had finished their job.

As for everyone else, they were stunned and looking on in awe. This was the first time that a dark creature had ever dared to attack their building, much one of such high level. It was so rare that it was odd and left room for suspicion. So although they were frozen with slight fear and awe, they still managed to start murmuring about how cool both officers had been and how good looking they were.

Some females started to wonder if they could ask the male out. Some males wondered the same, although the others were looking at the hot female officer. She was stunning looking, with her neat short hair and the cute one black, and one white kitty ears.

“Well, that’s over,” Gummy said with relief clear in her voice.

“It is,” Hyun Suk said, sighing in relief of his own, “I better to thank them now,” he said as he prepared himself to jump down and go thank the officers for their good work.

Of course, Ji Yong beat him to it, as he jumped before Hyun Suk even moved, and he looked a little surprised at Ji Yong’s sudden departure. Gummy was much the same, but then she and Hyun Suk followed Ji Yong and jumped off as well.  

Hyun Sung opened and closed his mouth starring in utter disbelief, not being able to move from his spot.  

 “Seung Hyun!” Ji Yong cheered and made his way over to his mate, and wrapping his arms around him, making Seung Hyun nearly lose balance before he straightened and looked down at Ji Yong. The black kitty eared man was nuzzling close to him, not seeming like he was even going to let go of him any time soon.

“You okay Ji?” Seung Hyun gently asked his mate as he nuzzled the top of his head. Ji Yong nodded his head and seemed to be murmuring something that sounded like ‘I can’t believe you just defeated that monster,’ repeatedly as if he really could not believe it. Seung Hyun found it understandable, as it was the first time that Ji Yong had ever seen him do his job. Still, this was the fifth Entertainment agency that had been targeted in such a vicious way, with monsters that duplicated more than the normal. This was the reason why they needed more than a two-person team. However, they still had not found the source of the attack and they could not figure it out either.

Who could be causing these odd attacks?

“Oh my god, its Kwon Ji Yong,” The girl officer looked in awe before getting close to him and tugging at his cute ear. “I touched him!” she started to shake with utter disbelief, and her face flushed a complete red. “You’re so cute,” she gushed before she could stop herself.

“You okay, Ga In?” Seung Hyun asked the trembling girl.

She nodded her head rapidly.

“What’s going on?” Gummy asked as she walked near, wondering why Ji Yong was hugging the officer. Sure he had saved the day by getting rid of the monster, but did that constitute such an enthusiastic hug?

Hyun Suk watched everything with fascination before bowing down, “Thank you for all your help,” Even though he was wondering the same thing as Gummy.

“No trouble at all,” Someone behind him said, and Hyun Suk turned around in time to see another officer there. “Yo,” he greeted with a small salute. Hyun Suk stared at him, and was not sure what else to say, not like he was given the chance anyways, the officer moved away from him and towards where Ji Yong was hugging the other male officer tightly. “Omo, its Ji Yong! You’re really Seung Hyun’s mate, can I have you autograph?” the officer pulled out a notepad and a pen.

Ji Yong raised his head up and looked towards him, “you are?” he asked in a slightly hostile tone.

“Woo- Pyo Ji Ho!” the man enthusiastically introduced himself.

“Oh” Ji Yong said, recognizing the man’s name.

“So, this is your mate?” Dong Wook asked as he got near them. “What’s his name?” he asked.

“It’s Seung Hyun,” Seung Hyun answered for himself, getting a little bit claustrophobic by how random people seemed to be surrounding them now.

“You’re so lucky!” Ga In suddenly said, “How did you end up so lucky with getting to mate with THE Kwon Ji Yong,” She stomped her foot and crossed her arms, “And also not saying anything about it,” She pouted.

“So, what about the autograph,” Ji Ho insisted, and Ji Yong nodded, letting go of Seung Hyun to sign the autograph but as soon as he moved away, Seung Hyun was pulled in and inspected by the other males and all the noona’s who were over protective of Ji Yong. Ji Yong noticed it, but he was also busy scrutinizing Ji Ho, and besides that, Ji Ho seemed like he was determine to tell him a lot about missions that happened with him and Seung Hyun. He wanted to know everything about Seung Hyun.

Gummy moved towards Ga In and smiled. “So everything will be alright now?” she asked.

Ga In blinked, and then shook her head. “Unfortunately a series of attacks have been going down lately. We will have to mark down that you guys were attack in the report and have to add security in case this happens again. It will only be until we figure out what is going on and the problem is resolved.

“Oh,” Gummy said getting a slightly worried look on her face. Although their attention was caught when Hyun Suk moved forward, with an unreadable look.

“So, you are Ji Yong’s mate,” Hyun Suk said, with a scrutinizing look on his face. The critical look was cold and made Seung Hyun look at the man with a cold look of his own, for defensive purposes of course.

“He’s good looking,” The Noona’s whispered amongst each other, almost swooning at the look of Seung Hyun’s sharp eyes, and kept pointing out everything that pretty about him. Least of all Seung Hyun didn’t think there was anything that was pretty about him so it was a little odd to hear them whispering about him. He then figured it was because he was Ji Yong’s mate and Ji Yong was very pretty that this was all happening.

“Hm,” Dong Wook said as he looked at him as well, an odd look on his face. “There’s something about you…” Dong Wook frowned and patted Jun Hong’s head when the blond boy with slightly gray ears moved to curiously reach for Seung Hyun’s hand. “Don’t you think so, Jun Hong?”

“I don’t know,” Jun Hong mumbled, “but did you see the power that he created with just his hand!” he excitedly said in a fast passed tone that made his brother sigh at him with exasperation. Dae Hyun and Young Jae moved in to take the boy away. “Hey,” Jun Hong cried.

“Don’t mind him, he get’s easily impressed.” Dong Wook said as he watched his brother being taken away.

“Ah,” Seung Hyun said, slightly nodding, and then turning to look at Hyun Suk again when the man started to circle around him. What was wrong with this man? Who was he?  

“I’m Dong Wook by the way, one of Ji Yong’s co workers,”

“Nice to meet you,” Seung Hyun said, feeling a bit uncomfortable, seeing as Hyun Suk kept doing nothing but looking at him, surrounding him like he was some sort of vulture trying to look for anything imperfect. The man had even hunched down to look at his hands, and nails, yet never once touching him.

Suddenly a radio frequency sounded from all three officers and Ga In smirk. Although she was amused at seeing Seung Hyun get uncomfortable, and being here where Ji Yong was awesome, she decided to cut down some mercy. “Aww, well it’s time for us to leave,” she said, seeing as she herself wanted to get away from the gazing eyes.

“Aw no,” The noona’s all complained.

But there was no choice in the matter, although before he left, Seung Hyun handed something to Ji Yong before he was gone. The fast speed that the officers moved in left no room to catch them nor of objection to their departure. It was as if they had been there one second and gone the other.

“Okay everyone back to work!” Hyun Suk called. Everyone grumbled, but did as they were told and started to pick things up and tidy up the place before a the whole idea to remodel the place got started.

“Wow, Ji Yong, your mate is hot,” Gummy teasingly said as she pocked his ribs with her elbow and winked. Ji Yong blushed lightly and at the same time trying to suppress the fact that Gummy had been checking out his mate sort of made him feel jealous. It wasn’t like she was unmated or even hitting on his mate, but he guessed it was because their mating was still very much new.

“Yah, he is,” he said instead.

Gummy giggle, “don’t be ashamed of him, you know you and him should come to a double date with me and my mate,” she offered, a glittering look crossing her face.

Ji Yong looked at her slightly surprised, and didn’t know how to decline her when she seemed so determined that they have dinner together.

Hyun Sung on the other hand gripped his camera so hard that it shattered into several pieces before it fell down, along with the new strip of film. It was good that he had already finished the other one on Gummy’s photo shoot, but he had been changing the film inside of the camera before he continued since the other one had gotten full and now it was all for nothing.

There was no way to describe the way that he felt. Ji Yong’s mate was incredible. There was no doubt that if he continued to show off with that power of his, or his good looks that Ji Yong was going to fall in love with that Seung Hyun than himself. That guy with his perfect white hair, those pretty dark ears that shinned with blue…he was like perfect.

No…but what could he do.

Hyun Sung trembled a little and looked at his hands, wondering why his vision was becoming blurry when he realized that he was crying and several tear drops dropped from his eyes. Even if he still wanted to come up with a plan to make Ji Yong fall in love with him, why did it feel as if he had already lost to Ji Yong’s mate?

When everyone and everything was calmed, Ji Yong made his way back to the small office, and quickly took out his cell phone. He then placed in the phone number that Seung Hyun had given him and before long he found himself sending his first text message, to confirm if the number worked. When he got a reply back, he was sure it work and now he had a way to communicate with Seung Hyun.

After all, he couldn’t wait for later tonight.

He was going on his second date!

000

In a dark room, where a crystal ball was set in red silk, a girl sat there with a glare on her eyes, with tears, and a grip on the beads that she was holding on her right hand. Everything so far was a failure! Everything that she was doing was a failure, and she had yet made anyone pay for what they had done!

Sure, she didn’t know who had done it, but since the mating happened many have come back happy. So many of them except for her best friend-Whom she loved dearly and had even pushed to go out and find a mate this year. She regrets it deeply, but now he was gone.

“I’ll make them pay,” she silently sobbed.

A sudden knock at her door made her gasp, and bring her hands up to her tear stain cheeks, and try to clean her tears away.

“Hyun A, are you in there” The knock came again and she took a deep breath. “Hyun A?”

“Yeah,” she quickly said as she stood up and the lights to look at herself better. “I’m here, Ga Yoon, did you need something?” she asked.

“Just letting you know dinner in on the table, come down stairs to join us.” Ga Yoon said.

“Yeah, okay, I’ll be down soon.” She said, trying to clear her face. She could not show how broken hearted she was. Before long, she could pull on a fake smile, and she went down stairs to join her laughing sisters.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Hm ...hope you enjoyed!