Chapter Thirty Four

We Are Just Meant To Be

We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter Thirty-Four

“SURPRISE!”

“MOTHER ING HOLY !!”

The moment that the door of his childhood home had opened, Minzy and Daesung found themselves assaulted with confetti and happy cries as their family jumped out of random places to surprise them. To say that Minzy had been surprised was an understatement, she had been ing terrified. Everyone got worried when she started to hyperventilate. She was crying that she felt the babies coming, and even started to scream about a ripping pain running down her belly. Daesung had panicked so badly, that he almost hadn’t known what to do.

The baby shower had soon become a rush to the hospital, only to be sent back home when the doctor told them it was still not time.

“You scared us there for a moment, noona” Seungri sighed, placing a hand over his still racing heart. He was never going to forget the pained face Minzy made when she thought she was about to give birth right at that moment. Daesung shot him a glare, despite the fact that he was simply glad that his mate was alright, he was still angry at his brothers for causing such trouble.

“What were you all thinking when you decided to surprise her like that!” he snapped, holding Minzy close to him as she tried to ignore everyone around her. She let out a soft sigh, closing her eyes, and leaning her head close to Daesung’s arm.

“We wanted a surprise party! Usually people get surprised, not ing terrified!” Seungri defended.

“Calm down,” Young Bae interfered, placing a comforting hand over Seungri’s nape, gently brushing his hands over the fine hair. “We’re sorry; we just thought it would be nice if her baby shower was a surprise. Guess we were wrong. We didn’t mean to cause any kind of stress.”

“That’s not the worst part,” Ji Yong hissed, rubbing his poor head, “The worst part was when mom started hitting all of us for being ‘stupid es’ as I quote,” he sighed. His brothers all shared a chuckle, while Seung Hyun threw his arm around Ji Yong’s shoulders, gently pressing a kiss to his mates cheek.

“Actually, the worst part is that they weren’t born yet,” Minzy suddenly spoke up, opening her eyes to look at them. With the amusement that was dancing in her eyes, they could tell that she was trying to lighten the mood. “For a moment I thought, finally, they will be out and born! I’d get to meet my babies. I wasn’t even going to hold a grudge, but,” she groaned, rubbing her sore belly. Her babies were not yet ready to come and meet their crazy uncles it seemed.

 “It’ll happen soon Minzy,” Seung Hyun said assuring.

She smiled, “Let’s hope,”

“Let’s just hope next time it’s not because of a surprise party,” Daesung added, and Minzy nodded in agreement.

“Let’s go out to eat,” Seungri suggested, “Our party may have gotten canceled, but we can go eat, and later return to open your presents at your home. Mom and Dad said they would drop them off for you,”

“Okay,” Minzy nodded, she still was glad that they took the time to throw her a baby shower. It would be a shame to let the moment go to waste. So long as she was with Daesung, and her family, she didn’t care what kind of shower it was. Her sisters were missing out though, seeing as all three women had left the hospital earlier since they had things to do. She didn’t mind though, being out with just the boys was fine with her.

After trying to make her choose a restaurant, they had all finally agreed to going to their favorite family restaurant. Minzy felt relaxed despite the fact that they were arguing about the fact that they couldn’t decide what, or how much to order. She was pleased when Daesung placed a plate of food in front of her, and didn’t hesitate to dig into her meal.

“Do you guys know what you are having?” Ji Yong asked, taking a bite from his bread.

Daesung briefly glanced at Minzy, before he smiled, “We decided to make it a surprise, seeing as we are having five kids,”

“Ah, five surprises,” Seung Hyun said, his ears flicking, “What are you even going to name them if you won’t know what you are getting,”

Daesung sighed. “We can’t decide on names either,” he admitted.

“Can I name one?” Seungri eagerly asked.  The enthusiastic look in his eyes scared Minzy.

“No! No way,” She immediately said, her teeth harshly snapping together.

“I won’t choose a bad name,” Seungri defended himself, and took a large bite from his food. Minzy hesitated.

“We shall see,” she muttered, and continued to eat.

“The weird thing is that mother and father asked the same thing,” Daesung sighed, “I wouldn’t doubt that you’d want to name one as well Ji Yong?” he turned a questioning gaze to his brother. Ji Yong shook his head.

“Couldn’t really care less,” Ji Yong muttered, before turning worried eyes to his mate, “We have our own issue to think about right now,” he muttered. The seriousness in his tome made his brother look at him confused and with concern of their own. 

“What’s going on with you two anyways?” Seungri asked, “We hardly hear from you, and you avoid us, and I heard from Dong Wook that you have missed a couple of the shows,” Daesung suddenly went into brother mode, looking at both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun with a stern look. “The week is almost up, and the finals are coming up, are you two worried?”

“No,” They both answered at the same time.

“Seung Hyun and I are strong, there’s no doubt that we are going to beat anyone that stands in our way!”  Ji Yong immediately said.

“Ji…” Young Bae made a face. Seungri gnawed his lower lip in worry, as well as keeping himself from saying anything.

“Ji Yong, you’re so reckless,” Daesung snapped on his own accord. He couldn’t help it. He had already been worried about Minzy, he didn’t want to have to worry about his brother as well.

“You forget that I have Seung Hyun by my side now, I’m not stupid. I’ve never been,”

“I’m not saying that you are either! But you worry us all!” Daesung said. “You two don’t even know what you are facing, the things that others say about your opponents in this upcoming battle,”

“Are the least of our concerns at the moment,” Ji Yong offhandedly said. Seung Hyun sighed, placing a hand over Ji Yong’s tense shoulder, trying to calm his heated mate down.

“What Ji Yong is trying to say is that I just learned something from my father that concerns the fact that my brothers might be closer than I originally though,” Seung Hyun said, not sure how he could even begin to explain himself.

Everyone froze, and looked at them.

Ji Yong pursed his lips. “My Hyunie has brothers, but we aren’t sure if it’s true or how to approach the subject. That is why I haven’t gone to go and see the models or anything; we rather not have to deal with any drama, even though we really should ask Dong Wook,”

“Dong Wook?” Seungri asked, his eyes widening a bit. He was not the only one that was shy.

“Un, Dong Wook,” Ji Yong nodded.

“I don’t get it,” Minzy mumbled, blinking her eyes.

“Choi Dong Wook,” Ji Yong answered, and her eyes widened, finally understanding what was going on here. Even the others were a bit surprised, especially over the fact that they had never seen the resemblance. They even had the same last name, but they never would have thought…

“Scary,” Seungri murmured.

“Ri,” Young Bae sighed at his boyfriend’s free use of expressions. Seungri grinned at him, before turning back to the conversation. “Wow,” he said and Young Bae sighed. Well, he wasn’t really going to keep Seungri from being who he was.

“It is odd, that that would be your brother out of nowhere. How could your dad have kept something like that from you?” Daesung asked. If something like that was possible for him, he’d be mad at his father for ever hiding whom his brothers were. Having brothers was great! He loved and cared for both Ji Yong and Seungri. Without the three of them being together throughout their lives, they might be dead right now.

“Well, anyways, we figured that we would just ask after the whole battle tournament is over,” Ji Yong said, turning to glance at Seung Hyun whom nodded in agreement. They needed one thing to focus at a time.

“Are you sure you guys will be able to do that?” Minzy asked. “If you two win your next battle, you could end up in the finals facing off with Minki, and isn’t he also Dong Wook’s brother, which will make him” she looked at Seung Hyun now, “your brother,”

“Brother, you married a very clever girl,” Ji Yong said, “Actually we did think of that,” he added.

Seung Hyun took a sip of his soda and quickly said, “Seeing as we are not sure about everything, it’d be better not to start making emotional ties. Fighting someone you just found out might be your brother, and getting it confirmed, and then the emotional investment, it’s better to just let things be as they are right now,”

“But.” Daesung started.

“Look,” Seung Hyun said, “I have no attachments to them, like you do with Ji Yong, Young Bae, and Seungri. To me they are strangers. I’ve never had real siblings in my life, and the first ones I accepted as such were my mates Siblings, and well, let’s just not complicate things,”

“Meaning you can be cold and detached in battle, without thinking about how you could hurt someone that is your brother, and you actually care about.” Young Bae said, “That’s sort of smart,”

“But?” Seung Hyun asked.

“But you still know that it could be a possibility, that they could be your brother,”

“It’s not like we are going to kill them!” Ji Yong protested.

“Although it does make some sense now why Siwon thinks he has a right to tell me to leave you Ji,” Seung Hyun said thoughtfully, but this just made the blond neko shudder.

“Please don’t go there, Hyun,”

“Alright,”

“So, does that mean you two are ready?” Minzy asked.

Both males nodded their heads. “We’re ready,” they said at the same time, making the others chuckle a bit. It was still hard to understand the way that Ji Yong and Seung Hyun thought about things, but they figured that as long as they had a sense as to what they were doing, that was all that mattered.

“Good, we will be cheering!”

That all happened a few days ago.

The day that the tournament started up again, Minzy really did go into labor. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had been getting ready to head out, when they got the call from a frantic Daesung. Apparently Minzy was bleeding and he needed help to get her to the hospital. As Daesung had said it, they had been asleep that morning, when all of a sudden she woke up screaming, making Daesung jolt from his own sleep only to find her unable to move and bleeding.

When Ji Yong and Seung Hyun got there, they helped Daesung carefully carry Minzy out, and Young Bae and Seungri who arrived a few seconds after had to grab the overnight bags, and supplies. They had made it to the hospital this time in record time.

Minzy was sobbing, the pain was so excruciating, and she had nearly twisted Daesung’s hand off as they were led to the emergency room.

“Is there a reason for the bleeding?” A nurse quickly asked, “When did you start feeling the pain,”

“Oh god, Shut up!” Minzy roared, their talking just gritted on her nerves and made it hurt that much more. She just wanted to writhe in her pain in peace.

“She woke me up screaming this morning; I don’t know why she is bleeding!” Daesung answered instead.  At this Minzy began to ball again.

“Stop flirting with her!” she sobbed, “Daesung your mine, only mine,” She roared, before another loud scream left her lips. The others felt bad for Daesung as his wife turned into a balling jealous monster, whom was in pain and wanted to keep Daesung to herself and nothing more. The nurse was perplexed and decided that she would just write down what was said and hope that the doctor could help.

Once Minzy was settled, given something to relax her pain, and cleaned, Daesung managed to leave her side for a few minutes. He felt overwhelmed with worry already; he didn’t need any more added. “Shouldn’t you two get going?” he asked Ji Yong and Seung Hyun who were looking at Minzy with wide, shocked eyes. Neither of them seemed to be able to look away.

“What…” Ji Yong asked, turning his eyes briefly to his brother, before turning back to the screaming woman on the bed. The pain she was showing was making him feel horrified. Was this really childbirth? Ji Yong didn’t think that he could ever, in his nine lives, ever go through that. Seung Hyun didn’t think that he could allow Ji Yong to be in that position.

“The tournament, you and Seung Hyun have to get going,” Daesung stressed. “Are you two paying attention?” he asked.

“Guys!” Seungri suddenly ran into the room, holding a cell phone in his hands. “The tournament is starting! Why aren’t the two of you in the field! They are about to announce who will fight first!”

“What!” Daesung reached for the cell phone. Both of them watched as all the participating couples were called to the field, but no one seemed to notice the two missing.

‘Welcome back everyone to a greatnew day of the Tournament. Just today and tomorrow, and we shall find out who will win the entire competition!’ the announcer of the competition happily called out. ‘Now let’s see who will be fighting the first round of today, if you will all turn to the big screen,’ the names lashed by fast, causing Daesung and Seungri to hold their breath. If their idiotic brothers got picked at this moment and didn’t get over there in time, they were more than likely about to be disqualified.

“Oh , Hyun she’s about to get split!”

“DAESUNG!!” Minzy cried, as several nurses surrounded her, and the doctor finally came in. Daesung jumped, and ran for Minzy, to hold her hand while she got checked over to see where the bleeding was coming from. She was scared, that she might have lost one of the kittens again. Daesung hoped that she hadn’t. They wouldn’t be able to handle that.

And there you have it folks! It seems that the first fight will be between Baek Ho and Minky versus Hyuna and Hyun Seung!” The crowd went wild cheering. ’Now everyone except for the aforementioned fighters, off the field! And let’s have ten minutes before we start this heated new battle!”

“Oh thank God, you two still have a chance to get to the arena for this afternoon!” Seungri said, but noted the sick look on Ji Yong’s and Seung Hyun’s faces. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“She…oh God,” Ji Yong shook his head and hid behind Seung Hyun. The white haired neko shook his head, and decided to lead his mate out of there. Seungri raised an eyebrow and turned his head in time to see that Minzy was covered in blood, and a newborn had just been pulled out of her. He nearly vomited as he sprinted out of the room.

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun took a moment to calm down before Young Bae came and interrupted their relaxing moment. “You two, get to the arena now!” He roared. Both looked at him with slight glares.Young Bae didn't care though, he was worried that they would end up having to forfeit their position. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had come to far to just let evereything go now! 

“We will get there!” Seung Hyun hissed, displeased with Young Bae's tone.

“Young Bae…the first…the baby…the first!” Seungri trembled, looking pale like a ghost.

“What?”

“We’re…uh …going now,” Ji Yong muttered, and grabbed Seung Hyun’s hand, leading him out of there. They truly wished that they had just seen that first thing in the morning. Compare to the first time that they brought her to the hospital, this one was a lot worse.

When Ji Yong and Seung Hyun finally got the arena, they were in time to catch the very beginning. It seemed that there had been a complication, and it had been a little more than ten minutes, before everything was started.

Minky and Baek Ho were at the left side of the field.

Hyuna and Hyun Sung were at the right side of the field.

Both couples were glaring at each other with such intensity that it had the crowd silently staring, holding their breaths to see who was going to start first. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun knew that after this they were going to have to win their next battle, if they wished to beat that couple that won this battle.

“Who do you think is going to win?” Ji Yong asked.

“I have no idea, they are both great.” Seung Hyun murmured. Ji Yong nodded as well.

 

“BEGIN!” 


BAttle scene next ^^