Chapter Twenty Nine

We Are Just Meant To Be

We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter Twenty-Nine

The crowd held its breath.

“WHAAAAAAA!”

Seungri kept crying out all his pain and sorrows. The screams were heart wrenching. One louder after the other that they hurt his jaw, and they were rubbing his throat dry, but neither the tears nor the pain filled screams would subside. Young Bae was not responding! He wasn’t opening his eyes and Seungri panicked at the prospect that he had stopped breathing. He wanted to make things right, he wanted to wake him up in anyway that he could but his mind was blank and he just kept screaming, pressing all his emotions into one ball in his chest until it was all released.

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun were ready to go to both of them but a sudden flash of light made them stop. There on the field, Seungri had just bursted into a white light of power, and it surrounded both him and Young Bae. Not even the referee had the chance to go and land, so that he could end the battle. When the light was gone, Seungri was still holding Young Bae, but now his eyes were opened and he was murmuring soft nothings to the still sobbing submissive.

The referee finally stepped in.

“This battle was won by Ji Hoon and Ji Ho, they will be moving on to the semifinals,” the announcement was made, but the crowd did not roar with life it should have. Many were still worried about what might have happened to Seungri and Young Bae. They all knew that they were not mated, but Seungri had somehow accomplished to feed some of his power to Young Bae. There was no doubt that they had just experienced a one sided bond.

One of the most dangerous kinds of bonds.

“Let’s go,” Seung Hyun said, and Ji Yong nodded. Both of them finally rushed towards their brothers and helped them get taken out of there, and to a hospital. It was still going to be some time before their battle, but for now their concern remained with Seungri whom looked hollowed, and wouldn’t stop crying.

Even now that they were in the hospital and Young Bae was asleep, recovering.

“They are going to have to mate soon,” Daesung said. He and Minzy had followed, worried about Seungri and Young Bae. Ji Yong nodded his head.

“That shouldn’t be much of a worry, Young Bae loves Seungri. I’m sure that they will mate as soon as they are recovered,” Ji Yong said.

“It was amazing,” Minzy breathed, “How Seungri risked his life just to save Young Bae’s, that took so much out of him,” she tightened her arms around Daesung’s arm. She didn’t know what the pain of losing someone you loved so deeply was like, but she knew that she could not bear the thought of losing Daesung. No one could ever bear the thought of losing their mate. Ji Yong flicked his eyes towards Seung Hyun when he noticed Minzy’s fear, and sighed as he saw him sitting there, with his eyes closed as he snooze in the chair that was beside Seungri’s bed.

Seungri breathed out, and finally looked up at them, his hands reaching for Ji Yong. Ji Yong walked over to him, and hugged his brother. Daesung also moved over to hug him. The warmth of siblings being around each other was always comfort and warm, and all three of them had always been close to each other.

“Good luck Ji Yong,”

Ji Yong blinked, “Good luck on what?” he asked, confused by Seungri’s words.

Seungri let out a breathy chuckle, “your battle of course! You and Seung Hyun- Hyung are the last ones in our family that are in, you have to win.” He encouraged.

Ji Yong grinned. “Of course, we are gonna win,” Ji Yong said. “And if we get to, we’ll kick Ji Ho and Ji Hoon’s for being so dangerous.”

“They are the explosive couple of the whole competition,” Daesung said, “You and Seung Hyun would have to be very careful if you do face them.”  He narrowed his eyes as Ji Yong care freely nodded his head, not paying much attention to the warning given to him.

“Yah! Seung  Hyun and I are going to kick their asses, don’t worry, you just rest,” Ji Yong tucked Seungri into bed, but the young neko grabbed his wrist, nearly digging his claws into it.

“If you end up facing them, I have to tell you that their technique of stopping time is dangerous, and no joke,” Seungri hissed, and his eyes flicked to Young Bae whom was still looking badly. With all those tubes sticking out of his body as he was kept hooked to a heart monitor so that he remained stable. Ji Yong followed Seungri’s gaze, and hummed.

“Young Bae is not ready to say goodbye, I assure you of that. Now rest,” Ji Yong said, and then looked at Daesung whom nodded his head, reluctant. He wanted to go and see Jii Yong’s and Seung Hyun’s battle that was going to take place against a tough couple. One that was currently being said that could rival the power couple of Dong Ho and Minki.

Ji Yong bounced his way over to Seung Hyun and pulled his mate to his feet. Seung Hyun was slightly startled, before he blinked at Ji Yong’s retreating back. He waved at the others goodbye and followed after his mate. Soon enough they had made it to the arena. As they walked they noticed how everyone looked at them.

There was a short break so everyone in the audience was filling the inside building, looking for snacks and drinks. Everyone was talking amongst themselves, but when they spotted them, they would stop and they would look at them with wide eyes. It was almost as if they were left in awe by the mere presence of the both of them. Not that it wasn’t already known that Ji Yong was everyone’s wet dream. An angel with such eyes, and his smiles could light up the whole world. There were many envious people that had wished to date them, and Seung Hyun knew the worst were in his department, and the ones that knew him personally.

There was currently a debate going on if Seung Hyun was the right one for Ji Yong. Many fans were either saying that they could never know who Ji Yong belonged with, even if many already had in their minds created couples. Others were in awe of Seung Hyun’s handsome beauty; no it was even more than that, striking appearance that left anyone in awe. Seung Hyun could control the world with his eyes and hypnotize anyone that he pleased- at least that is what was being said about him.

And then there were the ones that were bold enough to approach Ji Yong.

Amongst them was Hyun Sung, whom walked over to Ji Yong the moment that they turned and were going to walk into the arena. The man was holding his camera in his hands, and smiled at Ji Yong only. “You’ve made it this far, and so have I,”

“You have?” Ji Yong asked, looking perplexed.

“Yah, I have entered the battles! Haven’t you seen me fighting?” Hyun Seung asked. “Tomorrow is going to be the biggest fight of them all. Hyun A and I will be facing the power couple,” he proudly said. Ji Yong smiled.

“I’m sure that you and your mate can kick their asses,” Ji Yong happily said, and then wrapped his arm around Seung Hyun’s own arm when he heard his dominant growl in distaste, “I’ll watch, but my mate and I have to go into battle right now, so bye,” he waved at him and he and Seung Hyun kept walking.

“I’m going to kill that guy if he thinks he can lay a paw on you,”

“Hyunie, you are the only one that ever lays his paws on me, and you know it will always be like that.” Ji Yong said, “Besides, I’ve seen others wanting to lay their paws on you and I won’t allow that either,”

“Carnivore-Ji,” Seung Hyun teasingly said.

“Dinosaur-Hyun,” Ji Yong sweetly said.

The both of them laughed as they thought about what their strategy was going to be this time. They had thought of several sports that they could do this time. But the thought of simply copying another sport was boring, so they decided that this time they were going to do a combination. They had practiced it together several times, so they were more than ready for their battle.

Ji Yong clawed at the hem of Seung Hyun’s shirt as he nervously waited for their names to be called. Seung Hyun was just glad that he wasn’t chewing on his ears, and leaned in to kiss his mate’s cheek.

“On the left side of the field, we have Gwang Suk and Young Jun, and to the right we have Seung Hyun and Ji Yong!” The crowd roared with life as their names were called. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun let go of each other and headed out to the field. Gwang Suk and Young Jun were already there, both of them talking to each other as they seemed to be strategizing last minute. Seung Hyun and Ji Yong stood in their place, both of them beside each other and the referee took a deep breath as he watched both couples.

Odd couples, he thought to himself, and then started calling out the rules. Once he was done, he jumped out of the way, scared when Gwang Suk took his position as dominant and blocked Young Jun from the other two. He knew about this couple changing battle tactics, so he and Young Jun had decided that they too had to change theirs. It wasn’t easy coming up with a new battle regiment, but the two of them had worked hard in case this had happened.

They watched as Ji Yong and Seung Hyun remained standing beside each other- but they were sure that soon one of them would move.

Everyone was closely watching, specially Hyun Seung whom was taking pictures, envying how perfect  Ji Yong and Seung Hyun looked standing beside each other. It was almost too painful really that they were so good together.

Then the both of them moved, the way that they did it though startling even Hyun Seung as he put his camera down for one second, before speedily taking several pictures at a time.

Gwang Suk gasped, his eyes widening when Seung Hyun ran left and Ji Yong run right, and they seemed to be heading his way. His eyes flicked to his mate, and Young Jun’s white ears perked up before he nodded his head and created a large barrier around them. Yellow golden aura filled Gwang Suk and he went for the one that was closest, which happened to be Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun had been the first to reach them, his hand with long claws, reaching for the barrier.

Young Jun gasped when Seung Hyun seemed to break through it, as a white blue aura filled his fist. Gwang Suk moved out of the protective barrier and punched Seung Hyun back, standing on the yellow aura of his mate. Seung Hyun was sent back, but he skidded to a halt before he could make impact with anything- and the white haired neko smirked. That was when Gwang Suk noted that Ji Yong was no where to be seen.

Seung Hyun produced what looked like a tennis racket, and created a ball of energy, and served it. The ball of energy bounced on the hard granite ground, and the energy spun out of control before bounding towards them once more. Gwang Suk immediately dropped to one knee and pushed his energy out to create a second layer on his mates own barrier.

The barrier crumbled, and Young Jun cried out at the pain that he felt from it, before he breathed out and looked at Gwang Suk. This was dangerous. Then a sound made them look back, and there was Ji Yong, his own tennis racket in hand as he caught Seung Hyun’s spiraling energy ball and sent it back, turning it a slight white red, and this time when it hit, hot flames exploded. Both of them gasped as the flames grew, at their barrier.

Then Seung Hyun hit the ball back, this one making the flames grow even higher, except now they were blue.

Gwang Suk gritted his teeth. That was enough. He turned to Young Jun, “We have to place our plan in motion now,” he said.

“Yah,” Young Jun grinned.

“They are barely mated, they can easily be separated,” Gwang Suk said, “They have nothing on a couple that has been together for so long,”

Both of them got to working then, digging quickly on the ground. When their barrier fell and the flames cleared, both Seung Hyun and Ji Yong noted that the couple had gone underground. Looking at each other, they made a split decision.

Ji Yong jumped up, twirling and creating what seemed to be a dragon made of flames and it was sent on the only hole that had been made on the ground. Seung Hyun kept his eyes on the ground watching for when their opponent would make an appearance. Suddenly the ground had started to heat up, and another hole popped open with Young Jun running out of it, his tail frazzled from the flames that had started to singe it.

“AAh!” Young Jun screamed when Gwang Suk didn’t seem to come out of the ground.

Ji Yong stopped his flames, and landed on the boiling ground. Seung Hyun kept himself alert. Something was not right.

He gasped when two hands popped out of the ground and grabbed his ankles. Seung Hyun was then pulled down into the dirt.

“HYUNIE!” Ji Yong cried, eyes wide and was about to go after him when a large barrier grew on his way, and pushed him back. Young Jun laughed, and his appearance changed to that of Gwang Suk. They weren’t a shape shifting couple for nothing.

“Oh relax!” he said as Ji Yong started to claw his way through the barrier. He then changed his appearance to that of Seung Hyun and threw himself back, where a wave of dirt seemed to rise from the ground. The wall of dirt continued to go around, until it created what seemed to be a maze. Ji Yong  was pushed back and hit against the wall of dirt, making him scream as it ripped at his back and he crawled away. His tail hugged around himself and his ears were now flat. He could feel his back bleeding and he wanted Seung Hyun.

But he had seen Gwang Suk turn into Seung Hyun, and a part of him feared that he was not going to be able to trust his mate here. He couldn’t even sense him anywhere.

Seung Hyun found himself battered, with a few scars and what seemed to be Ji Yong standing at his side. The blond neko was looking down at him, with an unreadable look on his face. “Are you okay Hyunie?” the boy asked, seeming with concern.

Seung Hyun narrowed his eyes at the boy.

Something was off.

Getting to his feet and allowing his cuts to heal, he brushed his hair back, and turned to Ji Yong. “We have to go separate ways, I’ll go down this way, and you can go down this way and we’ll get them,” Seung Hyun said.

Ji Yong’s eyes widened, “But…separated? Are you sure?” he asked.

Seung Hyun turned to leave. Ji Yong never questioned him before, and he never hesitated when it came to their plans. Between them, even if they were not standing close to the other, the word seperation just did not excist. The last thing he knew was that he was pulled into the dirt, but he was feeling disorientated. Mostly because he couldn’t sense Ji Yong, and he was sure that the other one had not been him. Ji Yong, please stay strong. He briefly prayed, bu then was careful about his mindset of thinking.

If he worried to much, Ji Yong might sence it, and then they would fall from their sync. 

Ji Yong was running through the maze, his back refusing to heal as the scars were too dirty for it to do so. He looked around him, looking up and down for any sign of escape to the point that he was starting to feel dizzy.

“Ji Yong!”

Ji Yong turned around, and saw Seung Hyun running towards him. Ji Yong narrowed his eyes at him. Ji Yong couldn’t sense any kind of connection to this Seung Hyun, so he had to figure that he was the fake. Immediately, he took out his claws, and bared his fangs, and moved to attack him. Seung Hyun staggered back, looking confused as to what Ji Yong was doing. The look on his face nearly made Ji Yong doubt himself until he remembered the promise that he had made to Seung Hyun. They were not going to let worry eat them up, so  Ji Yong scratched and punched, and Seung Hyun narrowed his eyes, dodging each move perfectly.

He then moved towards Ji Yong and kicked him in the gut, and sent him back. “What the hell do you think that you are doing Ji Yong? I’m your mate! You’re supposed to listen to everything that I say. Do I need to show you your place?” Seung Hyun yelled, sounding very much like a pissed, possessive, and controlling dominant. Ji Yong got to his feet, and took several steps back.

“What makes you think that you are the dominant in the relationship?” Ji Yong shot back, making Seung Hyun’s eyes widened. Now his opponent was confused, but they seemed like they were going to keep going.

“Right, I think others are right. I do allow you too much leeway,” Seung Hyun moved towards Ji Yong and punched him, “Learn your place, ” he roared.

Ji Yong flinched back, but caught the second punch and twisted Seung Hyun’s hand around, first his wrist, and then his hand completely to his shoulder socket. His eyes flashed red as he did this, and he sent a powerful kick to the imposter Seung Hyun’s gut. The fake Seung Hyun moved away and then ran. Ji Yong bared his fangs and ran after him.

“Come back!”

Seung Hyun was tired of the maze, and when he tried to touch it, he found that the sharp rocks on the dirt caused damage. He then created several bubbles, each one of them sticky, and thick. When he tested them, whoever bounced into them, would bounce right back. Smirking, he went on setting several of them around, surrounding the whole of the walls and floor. That was when he bumped into Ji Yong.

This Ji Yong cowered, grabbing his hurt arm.

“Hyunie, I was attacked, I’m hurt,” this Ji Yong wailed, cradling his arm. Seung Hyun walked over to him and crouched before him. He didn’t feel any connection to this Ji Yong, but he had to figure out who it was. After all, he could be tricked and he could end up hurting his own mate- and that was something that he wouldn’t be able to live with knowing.  As he was looking at Ji Yong’s arm, the Ji Yong on the floor gasped, and Seung Hyun turned around to see another Ji Yong behind him, this one was holding a bat, and he tried to hit Seung Hyun.

“Bastard, are you cheating on me with that thing there!” This Ji Yong jealously screamed, seeming very angry and crazy. Seung Hyun dodged all the hits, but that Ji Yong was not relenting.

The Ji Yong on the floor got up with a smirk, creating his own bat.

“You’re terrible Hyunie, playing us like that,”

Okay, that definitely was not Ji Yong. Now sure of that, Seung Hyun moved away from them and pushed both of them back, with a large gust of wind. Both Ji Yong’s gasped, and bounced on the bubbles, before they found a rush of cold moist air coming their way- until they were frozen in place. Seung Hyun then walked over to the trapped submissive.

“I think two can play at this game,” he said as he looked into the submissive eyes. Young Jun gasped, his gaze now trapped in the endless pools of darkness that were Seung Hyun’s eyes and he sighed, with pure adoration. Gwang Suk watched with wide eyes as Seung Hyun was too close to his submissive for comfort, and when the man said something witty to have Young Jun giggle at it, made his blood boil. Sueng Hyun then leaned into his ear and whispered something that made Young Jun nod his head in eagerness.

The ice melted away.

Gwang Suk thought only about attacking Seung Hyun when his path was blocked by Young Jun, whom made to claw at him. His eyes widened when he saw the sudden fear that had taken his submissive eyes and he knew what had happened. Seung Hyun was controlling his mate.

“So, how does it feel to be attacked by the one that you love?” Seung Hyun asked, and rushed off to go look for Ji Yong. He needed to know where his mate was. Young Jun on the other hand created a large bat, inside screaming for his body to stop as he attacked his mate and Gwang Siuk had no idea how to stop him without hurting him.

The walls around them started to crumble around them.

The sticky bubbles started to pop and the sound caught Ji Yong’s ears as he rushed towards it. Both Seung Hyun and Ji Yong the same corner, bumping into each other and they could feel the  mute feeling evaporate away from their bond. Everything was going to be alright now. They both knew who the other was without words having to be said.

“This place is coming down,” Ji Yong said.

“I know,” but Seung Hyun was reluctant to let go of his mate. The feeling was so horrible to not be able to feel him and a barrier started to grow. Ji Yong sighed contently, hugging himself around Seung Hyun, as he allowed his side of the barrier to grow, and then their auras were caressing against each other. Both of them leaned in and kissed, creating an even brighter barrier as the walls around them fell, crumbling, and burying them.

Loud screams of pain were heard and when there was nothing but silence, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun pulled away from their kiss. They looked up around them, to find themselves buried in dirt. Waving his hand, Seung Hyun caused the energy around the barrier to spin, making the dirt fly away from them and set them free.

When the dirt cleared, their barrier dropped and they saw Gwang Suk holding his unconscious mate close to him. There were tears in his eyes but it was obvious who had won.

“What happened?” Ji Yong asked, feeling as if everything that had just happened was nothing but a blur. Like a terrible nightmare that had just ended. 

Seung Hyun wrapped his arm around his shoulders, and kissed his cheek. He didn't care about what had just happened, he was just glad that Ji Yong was safe. Nothing else mattered more than Ji Yong's safety, “Let’s get you cleaned up so your wounds can heal” he said instead. He was already worried about all the wounds and scratches that littered his mates body. Ji Yong watched as the referee jumped in and called who had won. He and Seung Hyun were moving to the next round, but his eyes narrowed and he bared his fangs when he saw the hated glare that Gwang Suk was giving Seung Hyun.

He then followed Seung Hyun out, and they went to were the preparations for the runway show was being made. Ji Yong snatched a shirt, and Seung Hyun gently cleaned his wounds, brushing away the dirt, and the fresh bloody ones so that they would properly close. Just as Seung Hyun was finished cleaning Ji Yong’s wounds, and Ji Yong pulled his shirt on, although he remained sitting in between Seung Hyun’s legs, Hee Chul and Siwon approached them.

Siwon had a frown on his face as he watched Seung Hyun run a warm wet cloth around Ji Yong’s face so that his face was properly cleaned of all the dirt that had once decorated it.

Ji Yong was giggling at his mates teasing touches and when Siwon cleared his throat and caught their attention.  Ji Yong frowned, burying himself closer to Seung Hyun’s chest. Right now really wasn't the right moment to deal with them. All Ji Yong wanted was to have this moment with Seung Hyun and for no one to ruin it. Seung Hyun felt the same way as he glared at Siwon and Hee Chul. 

“Seung Hyun, Ji Yong- After much consideration, Hee Chul and I have decided that we want a rematch!” Siwon said, making both nekos blink at him confused like. “And whoever wins has to give up his mate!”

“What?” Hee Chul said, surprised. That had not been part of the original plan.

“That’s right, whoever loses, will give up their mate,” Siwon said, “and there is no way that you are getting out of this, both of you will accept our challenge.”

“We don’t have to accept anything,” Seung Hyun hissed, his hold tightening around Ji Yong’s waist.

“You have no choice,” Siwon said. “We’ve taken him and we won’t let him go until you agree,” Siwon showed a picture of his and Seung Hyun’s dad, Hyun Yoon. Seung Hyun frowned.

“You know I’m a cop, I can easily have you arrested for kidnapping.” Seung Hyun seriously said, his eyes flashing dangerously. Siwon felt a bit nervouse at the look, but hid it well. 

“I know, but to this point on you really have no evidence of me having him, and you won’t get me to confess to it again,” Siwon said, and Seung Hyun glared at him. It could be fake. Why else would Siwon say it so freely.

He couldn’t risk Ji Yong over this, but that was his father that could be in danger.

“We’ll accept,” Ji Yong said, glaring at Siwon, “So be prepared to say goodbye to Hee Chul, you bastard!”

Siwon scoffed, “That’ll be the day,” he wrapped his arm around Hee Chul and walked away. Hee Chul worriedly looked over his shoulder to them and back to Siwon. It was obvious that he was bothered and he started to let Siwon know as soon as they were out of hearing range.

 Seung Hyun on the other hand, looked at Ji Yong with wide eyes.

“Why Ji?”

“I thought about it Seung Hyun, we are placing ourselves in danger, but he threatened us as well, and I just can’t stand it anymore. Besides, we have our plan as well, we just got to alter it a bit now. We’ll be fine,” he said, and wrapped his arms around Seung Hyun’s neck.

Seung Hyun sighed, and buried his face in his mate’s neck. He could only pray that everything was going to be alright.