Chapter One:

We Are Just Meant To Be

 We Are Just Meant To Be

Chapter One:

The dark creature screeched terribly, its bone like structure towering over its enemy.

Kwon Ji Yong took a step back as he scoffed at it, his black kitty ears flat against his white blond head, and his black tail swishing back and forth in anger. Drawing out his sharp claws, he rushed towards the creature, with fast agility as he managed to avoid its flaming attacks and he landed his own attack on it. His claws literally scrapped off its flesh. Then he just jumped circles around it, scratching at it every now and then just to hear it scream in pain.

“Ji Yong, quit playing with it and just end its life!” Daesung snapped, swishing his orange tail around in anger as he watched his brother play around.

It was just like Ji Yong not to take even a life and death situation seriously. Everything was fun and games for him and Daesung worried about him practically all the time. Sure, these monsters were common things that popped in anyone’s way every once in a while, but they were still dangerous! It had to just his luck for one to suddenly pop up as he and Ji Yong were walking home from work.

Ji Yong flipped around, drawing his nails to grow even larger and slashed the creature in half. The creature slipped apart and them combusted into nothing but ashes. Ji Yong smirked in satisfaction and then ran over to his brother. “You’re no fun Dae, I was having fun,” Ji Yong said, and then crossed his arms. “Where’s Seungri?” he asked, looking around.

He was sure his other brother had been here moments ago.

Daesung growled lowly in the back of his throat to his brother, “He left; he said he had a date with Young Bae,”

“Oh,” Ji Yong said, his tail swirling around playfully and his ears swiveling back and forth at every sound.

“Well, now that you killed the last of those creatures we can go home, I’m tired,” Daesung yawned, and then lazily grinned. Ji Yong returned the smile and both of them rushed home.   

They had been born a litter of three to their mother and the three brothers had grown to be close to each other. Now that they were older and had reached a mature age, they could finally mate.

Daesung had mated some time ago to a girl named Minzy.

Seungri was already claimed and being courted by Young Bae.

The only one left single in their family was Ji Yong, who wouldn’t mate with anyone. He seemed reluctant to do so.

Then again, it was also hard to tell if Ji Yong was straight, or if he was meant to be with a male, and if so would he be top or bottom. Ji Yong had a knack for keeping ambiguity.

When Daesung and Minzy officially mated, her sisters had all crowded around Ji Yong. At a time they thought maybe he and Dara had something going on, but it turned out that they didn’t. Not even when they thought that he had something with CL. Ji Yong just turned out to be a big affectionate softy.

As soon as they were home Ji Yong rushed to the kitchen in search for something to eat. Daesung sighed as he watched him. Sure they lived in a large house together, but their mother was already starting to urge them to move out. Daesung was already in the process of moving out, and Seungri was starting to stay over at Young Bae’s more than their childhood home. But they were still welcomed any time. Ji Yong seemed the only one comfortable enough to still stick around, as well as eat everything he could get his little paws onto.

“I’m starving,” Ji Yong commented.

“You’re always starving,” Daesung said as he sat down, “And somehow you never gain any weight. You’re so thin,”

“Yeah! I know how to take care of myself,” Ji Yong smugly said, and pulled out some milk and cookies from the fridge. He grabbed a bowl on his way to the table and poured the milk into it before crushing a couple of cookies into it.

“That looks good,” Daesung commented, and grabbed his own bowl to do the same.

The two of them started to enjoy their snack and talked about the upcoming battle contest that was held annually. It was an event where the strongest Neko can show their potential in physical combat and magic. Ji Yong was very skilled and this year he was thinking about joining, but there was something else that was also coming up and that was mating season, once again.

Ji Yong had avoided the topic for as long as he could, but then again, he couldn’t avoid it forever

“What are you going to do?”  Daesung asked as he wiped the remainder of his milk off of his lips, “It’s almost going to be that time of the year again, you know, when most start mate hunting”

Ji Yong bowed his head, running his slim index finger though his unfinished milk. “Ah…I’m not sure yet. I was thinking about hiding away,”

“Not again!” Daesung looked at him worriedly, “Why do you keep putting it off,”

Ji Yong shrugged, “I don’t know,” he mumbled, looking away.

Daesung frowned, “You do know, why, answer now,”

Ji yong pouted and lowered his ears flat to his head, but this time due to denial than anger, “I’ll tell you but you better not make fun of me!” he hissed, barring his sharp fangs and looking at Daesung with a glare. His large pretty brown eyes were mixed with little flecks of burning amber that just made him look downright adorable.

“I swear I won’t make fun of you!” Daesung agreed.

Ji Yong growled a little and then added, “And you also not better tell anyone! You better not betray my trust,” he crossed his arms. He trusted his brother, but this was something he was really self conscious about.

Daesung bit his lip as he thought about it. “Fine,” he finally said. Even if he couldn’t tell anyone and rely this information, he could at least try to help Ji Yong on his own.

“Okay,” Ji Yong took a deep breath, “Promise,”

“I promise, I promise, just tell me already,”

Ji Yong drank his milk, hesitating for a few seconds before he finally wiped his own mouth and said, “I’m scared,”

Daesung was left staring at Ji Yong for a few seconds before he blinked and said, “Huh?”

JI Yong slightly blushed, “I said I was scared okay! I mean, what are the chances that I’ll go out there and find my one and true mate! I don’t want to get my heart broken like you did before you met Minzy, and before Seungri met Young Bae,”

“Yah, but that’s why there are relationships, you date to figure out who you’ll want to be with,” Daesung tried to reason but Ji Yong quickly shook his head negatively.

“Nuh-uh, nope, never,” He slammed his fist on the table top, “I’ve never even been in love, and I don’t plan to ever be!” he hissed and then stood up to place his plate on the sink. Daesung gapped, and then stood up to the same. As Ji Yong begun to clean the dishes, Daesung stood beside him, trying to grasp at words.

“But…Then you will be missing out! Love is an awesome thing and even though you go through heartbreak sometimes when you do find the right person you’ll appreciate it. I mean it’ll all be worth it, even the pain!”

Ji Yong dropped his dish. “I refuse to ever get heartbroken,”

“But…” Daesung thought for a moment, “Even if you do find someone to love, and mate with they could hurt you as well you know. Nothing in the world is perfect,”

Ji Yong scoffed, “I’m perfect.” He haughtily said. “It’s just everyone else who isn’t,”

“You know you’ve broken a couple of hearts yourself, Ji” Daesung said with a deadpanned look on his face.

“Name one time,” Ji Yong challenged, finishing off the dishes and putting them away.

“Well, there was that time with Dara,” Daesung quickly said, “She was into you and we thought you two were dating, but you completely turned her down when she said that she liked you,”

“That was her fault for saying that she liked me like that instead of just liking me like a friend,” Ji Yong shot back and crossed his arms in triumph, “That was not my fault, so see, you have nothing!”

“Ji, we all thought you could have something going on, you led her on!” Daesung argued. Ji Yong frowned at his brother.

“How did I lead her on? I always just treated her like a good friend would! When did I give the invitation that there could be more?” he questioned. “I never even told her anything that would make her think there was more, so why?” There was slight confusion in Ji Yong’s normally playful eyes. Daesung sighed.

“You are right, okay, I get it, but still.” Daesung rubbed the back of his neck, “She did fall for you, and you can’t deny it. Love happens when it happens and it’s something that you can’t keep putting off either Ji; it’ll happen to you someday,”

“Did you already forget that I’m perfect? I just won’t fall in love you know. That person would have to be real special for me to even fall for them,” Ji Yong then tilted his head, “Ooh, do you think we have cream? I want some,” Ji Yong his lips, his mind already thinking of other things just to block the unpleasant thoughts that Daesung was brining up.

“You are acting childish again,” Daesung scowled.

Ji Yong rolled his eyes, “Is there any other way to enjoy life, I don’t want grown up wrinkles,” He scrunched up his cute little nose, and then begun to search through the fridge once again.

“Ooh Ji, what are we all going to do with you?” he asked, but Ji Yong didn’t seem to notice what he said. Or if he did, he completely ignored it. But it bugged him. What was he really going to do about Ji Yong’s childish attitude towards love. He now feared that if his brother did fall in love he was not going to be able to handle any kind of heart ache.

Unless, someone had already hurt Ji Yong?

Meaning that was why Ji Yong was avoiding falling in love. Tilting his head, Daesung tried to remember everything about Ji Yong’s past, but there was not a time that Ji Yong could have fallen in love. Then there were their parents. They were mated, but it was more than obvious that they weren’t keen on showing much love towards each other. Their mother could be cold towards their father, and their father was more concentrated on his work than anything else. Maybe that had had an effect on his brother.

“Did someone hurt you Ji?”

Ji Yong clicked his tongue and shook his head, “I just told you, I’ve never been in love, so no,” He grinned.

“Then why are you scared of getting hurt?”

Ji Yong made a face, “I don’t want to end up crying my eyes out or acting all obsessed like you and Seungri did, remember,” Ji Yong his lips again, “When Seungri fell in love with that guy-what’s his face- and then he ended up bawling for days about how unfair love was,”

“It can’t compare,” Daesung said, “What are the chances you’ll end up bawling,”

Ji Yong sighed, “I’ve never been in love Dae, but I know love hurts, you know. I’m not completely ignorant in love. I know what it means to hurt, I’ve often thought about when I would meet the right mate for me, and what they might be like. But to think that there might be no one out there that is perfect for me, it can be disheartening. I don’t want to face that,”

“That makes no sense,”

“It makes sense to me and that matters,” Ji Yong shrugged, and then headed out of the kitchen, “I’m going to go watch my show.”

Daesung frowned, and followed behind Ji Yong.

If there was one thing that he did know about Ji Yong, it was that he was popular. Everyone loved him. He could make people easily fall in love with him. Now that he thought about it, it could make it hard for Ji Yong to really decide anything on getting a mate. Rubbing his head a little, he decided to quit thinking about what could be in Ji Yong’s pretty little head. That boy was just way too complicated to figure out.  That job could be left to Ji Yong’s –hopefully- future mate.

If such a person ever came to light, that is. Knowing how Ji Yong was, and how stubborn, he doubted that it would be any time soon.  

Walking towards the living room, he glanced at the television to see what TV show Ji Yong was watching and ended up face palming.

He was watching a drama.

“Ji, that’s not going to help you!” he cried, jumping to get the control from his brother and change the channel.

“Dae, what are you doing!” Ji Yong fought back for it, and in the end won and happily watched what he wanted, while Daesung ended up tied in a corner of the living room where Seungri and Young Bae found him two hours later.