Chapter Twenty Three

Lost In Mertan

 

The members of super junior and the girls sat on their eating table quiet the very next morning and they suddenlywished that today was silent day and not of yesterday. The news that had broken out was devasting for all of them and they were stuck with what they were going to do next, Julia was right, there was no one in the whole of mertain who employ them, there was no one so how where they supposed to get the money to go back to Korea? They were over half way done and they hadn't known another way go get the money, they couldn't borrow the money from victorias dad because her dad had said it himself, they weren't to have connections with each other anymore and she was only lucky that he was paying the rent... for aslong as amy was in the house.

"what are we going to do now?" said heechul in despair as he took another spoon of his Beijing fried rice. "in times like this... hangeng, your Beijing fried rice osen't taste as good..."

"this is impossible!" said hangeng. "at the fact that my Beijing fried rice dosen't taste good and that we got fired I mean how...?"

"we didn't get fired." Said Julia calmy. "some guy brought the company... and hes firing all the workers, apparently they already have their own."

"but WHO in the world would want to buy the company?" said amy incredously. 'lets face It that piles junk."

"we'll its good land." Replied Julia shrugging. "and the space isn't too bad."

"a guy that dosen't care about hsi reputation?" amy said, her eyebrows raised and she nodded her head.

"anythings possible."

"so what aer we going to do now? Theres no way were going to get enough money within half a month to go back to korea... and we're going to be air—" upon realisation sungmins eyes widened and the others covered his mouth.

"what was that?" said amy.

"nothing..." said heechul laughing nervously.

"so is there anyway we can get more money?" said kangin.

"we could try..." said amy uneasily. "getting a job?"

"you said it yourself, you said there was no one who would employ us."

"its worth trying?" she replied.

"how?" they said.

"anyone have any 'mertain' clothes?"

Kangin, siwon and donghae smirked at each other. "we have just the thing."

After breakfast donghae, kangin and siwon found themself searching through their item clothes and looking for the clothes they had brought for 'fun' the following weeks before, they didn't think they'd ever wear it, but kangin being a joker thought'd he had to waste the money somehow.

"we understand that you don't like the clothes, but did you have to buy so many copies?" we asked astonished.

"it was on sale." He replied.

After each were given aa uniform we went into our separate dorms and changed, after that we looked int he mirror and refreshed up and the boys went intot he bathroom were they combed their hear back with water and added some jell to keep it in place, when the girls saw the sight of the dorky boys they laughed uncontrollably, they looked 'dashing', a side they had never seen of them before. The girls looked fine, like business women, their hair bunched in a clever pony tail and their bodies fully clothed.

"this is a joke." Said amy checking herself in the mirror one last time. "and I thought the cow suit was bad... but..."

"I like it." Said Julia.

"are you kidding me?" said amy with a raised eyebrow.

"shall we go?" said siwon. "this is going to be interesting."

They walked the city streets, this time without any shamed looks.

"I don't get it. If you just had to wear this to not get frowned on. Why don't you do it?" said donghae, wondering.

"oh yea..." said the boys.

"hadn't we told you the reason why our group formed?" said amy.

"that reminds us... no you haven't." Said ryeowook.

"well..." she explained. "we formed together because we weren't 'society' accepted... we found each other like that and we came together. Soceity ahtes us, but were not going to change because what they think of us. Its sort of like a betrayed to ourselves you know?"

"and this is not?" said heechul.

"dosen't hurt to do this once in a while... if I do it because im sick of it the glares this yes, but im doing this because I think its relevant so im not exactly..."

"okay how about we spilt up?" said kangin.

"okay." They said and choosed their partners.

"the plan is to go everywhere... goodbye!"

And they went into buildings and areas of places full of business man,e ach with the same response, either htye laughed at their faces or they just nodded their heads or just a simple statement like, this job isn't for you.

After that they met each other again and they each went home in despair.

"this is too much..." said donghae. "too much in a day... I just want to clear my head..."

"i got an idea." Said amy getting gup from her chair.

And within minutes after amy explained her idea to go to the dreamhouse they did in victorias caravan and upon driving another 3 hours arrived happily with their sleeping clothes and basic necessities as always and insect repellent which they pu ton their way there and when they arrived they entered the house happily and relaxed under the cool aircon.

"this feels so good..." said sungmin and he jumped on the bed beside amy, his face buried in his elbows,then he looked at amy and smiled. He then ran his hands through her hair, she couldn't have felt more special and she wished the day would last. Then his smile turned to sadness and amy asked why.

"im going to leave korea in half a month... and im going ot leave oyu..." he replied and amy turned her head away, tyring to hide the watery shield that covered her eyes.

"odn't talk about it." She replied. "lets just enjoy the time we have together... besides... now is better than when we are sperated right?"

He smiled at her, but this sinking feeling that anchored his heart was dubbed annoying.

"lets play a game!" said heechul.

PLAY THIS GAME-

After they had finished the game, it was well dark and they crowded around in a circle in the dream house and vicotir took the cnadles in the cupboard and gave one to each person and lite them and she then sat down besides Julia and in which they anticpated what was to come next. It was super juniors idea and and they decided to let their thoughts out, after all, this was supposed to clear their minds and clear all that stuff feeling that made its way inside them. They were going to let it all out now, and who better to start off besides Kangin?

"this is to commerate our last half month together..." he paused. "time goes fast... and before we know it we get older... but I never thought 2 months can go this slow and I love every minute of it but little did I know the time is ticking... and we have to say goodbye to each other soon... and what happens, will happen, we'll become white haired and we still wouldn't have contacted each other for whatever reasons that arise..." and he looked at the super junior boys and lifted his eyebrow as to indicate something. "people change when certain things happen... and they forget the things that made them happy before... they forget the people that made them the person they are—"

"stop it..." said onghae, crying tears. "stop it now... I'm not going to change, no ones going to change! And we aren't going to forget... you don't believe what impacts those words have... nothing will stand in our way..."

"are you sure?" said kangin. "because theres evidence of change everywhere and do you think that they care?"

"stop it!" said donghae.

"two months can go fast... you'll find friendship... even romance..." then he shook his head to himself. "but years..." and he looked a tthem and they knew what he meant. Years in the entertainment industry was sure to mess up their minds.

"but we'll always keep each other sane..."

"how do you know we'll still be friends?" challenged kangin. "we'll foget each other..."

"STOP!" said hang geng. "no ones going to forget! If theres something I learnt from this experience is that in this world of people that might not seem so nice... there are people who are, like these group of people, who saved us... who saved our lives... and who was willing to let us into their homes. I've never been as happy as I am now... never... and im glad I get to share this precious moment with super junior and... the girls..."

"lets cherish this moment when we are together..." said amy. "cause who knows it might be our last. We can't find work.. we're going to spend ages looking for it... and I know... that I won't rest until I get to send you back to korea cause I know you miss that place so much more then this town mead n the girls live in... if its what makes you happy I'll do it."

"im sorry that I can;t... help..." said victoria crying, sniffing. "im really sorry... as the rich kid I thought I could help more... im so sorry..."

The girls hugged vic.

"what have we learned from this experience?" said kangin.

"I've learned that there are other better cooks than hangeng." Heechul teaed. "no... I learned that...

"sstrength..." said siwon. "to never give up. Thank you girls."

"I've learned happiness..." said donghae. 'what it really feels like..."

"i hope we never leave this feeling and forget it." said kangin and they eyed each other as surely like it was a promise they were defiantly not going to break.

Dun dun dun

They blew their candles out

'good night." Theey said.

Then to their surprise a sound of a mobile phone rang, that same familiar ring tone and the members of super junior looked at each other astonished, their heart stopped beating to the point where it almost hurt, could it be? The boys followed the where the noise originated from, leading them to the area near the door, flashing colours of rainbow they saw the sight inevitably of donghaes phone.

"this can't be..." said siwon. "you didn't bring it to Australia we saw it and how did it end up here!"

Donghae ventured to pick it up, bending down to a certain left and clapsed it into his hands as he flipped the cover open. Printed words scanned his eyes and he read aloud: Guess who?

The others stood in silence, the girls were imeediately lost, they had no idea of what donghae was even holding in his hand let alone the meaning of what he just said. The boys stared at each other after a logn silence, a frightened conteounce depicted on their innocent faces, they couldn't believe what had just happened. was it a hoax? Was someone pranking them, they interrogated the others.

"okay this isn't funny..." said ryeowook, his face depicted worry. "stop the prank. This isn't funny. Which one of you guys done it?"

They looked at each oher and kangin gulped, he hadn't never looked so frightened then as of now and replied: "neither of us..."

"IM GETTING OUT OF HERE NOW." Said heechul and waited for the others to respon, there ws no way he was getting out of the house in the dark alone.

"me too." Said donghae, a wooden block in his throat as he endeavoured to speak.

"what? Why?" questioned Mary who was still confused.

""Yea why?" said Amy nervously, she could hear the anxiety in their voice as well as their fright.

"COME ON! RUN!" the oby sushered and the girls followed, amy remained behind to see if any of the others had fallen and when they arrived to victorias mini caravan, tripping over twigs then getting up like their bodys were none existant for things such as pain.

"COME ON FASTER!" ushered siwon to the girls, who was an athelete and first in line. Sungmin fell amongst the ground over a wooden long and he cried in agony. Amy saw this and help him up hastily.

"come on!" yelled amy. "and can someone please explain im really scared!"
"I'll explain the caravan!" he yelled and when they had arrived each went inside and closed all doors with a loud bang and locked them. Each breathing a sigh of relief the girls immediately demanded an explanation and leeteuk asked them to calm down.

"that phone was originally donghaes, that mobile... we saw him pack at as we got ready for our trip to Australia, it was deifnatly in the luggages, when I came into the house I checked to the area were we jsut spotted the phone... I remmebre passing it and saw nothing... then out of no where, I hear a ring... and we go to check it out, and we see dongahes phone on the ground where we saw nothing... we pick it up and it says guess who? WHO?"

"this must be a prank by one of the boys." Julia said obviously. "theres no other explanation."

"BUT I DIDN'T!" they eached yelled and looked at each other horrified.

"okay okay lets go around the room." Said leetuek. "I didn't."

"I didn't." Said hangeng.

"I didn't." Said kangin.

"I didn't." Said sungmin.

"I didn't." Said donghae.

"I definitely didn't." Said siwon.

"and I believe you." said leeteuk. "are luggages were stolen once we got here right? Our phones were put into our luggages, we aren't allowed to caryr any electronics. Im sure."

"so waht are you trying to say?" questioned kangin.

"so—" said leetuek, his voice croaky and halted himself.

"say it." Said kangin.

"someone did it." He said.

"who?" questioned kangin angrily. "WHO? WHO DID IT?"
"I don't know." Said leeteuk.

"so what does this mean?" he said becoming evenmore angrily. "If we didn't do it, THEN WHAT?"
leeteuk gulped. "someone... someones following us."

There was a moment of silence where thoughts spun round, they couldn't believe the thought of someone stalking, following them but yet... it made sense, someone must've of sent them to mertan right? Someone must've planned it, someone must've stolen their luggages and someone probably wanted to kill them as they were left on the streets without food or money in a place where they didn't approve of such things. Someone probably also disabled the phone connections to Korea aswell... but who?
"this is crazy." Said siwon. "lets try to be more realistic okay? We aren't making sense."

"right." Said heechul nodding his head. "you heard that? NO ONE IS FOLLOWING US AL—" heechuls stopped talking immediately and began inspecting the areas outside of his windows, he was intervened by a rustling of trees.

"who—whose there?" said donghae and amy cringed tighter onto sungmin.

"WHOSE THERE?" yelled siwon and then something jumped on top of the caravan with a loud thump sending them in a protective mood, their hands over there heads and their bodys squashing themselves amongst the bottom of the seats.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" the girls screamed and the boys shouted, cussing.

"DRIVE!" yelled Kangin to siwon. "DRIVE!" and siwon, coming back to his original senses endeavoured to turn the engine on, only to fail as it refused to ignite.

"ITS NOT WORKING! ITS NOT!" He yelled. "COME ON YOU STUPID THING."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT WORKING?" yelled kangin and he pushed the leever again with his own hands and said: "ITS NOT WORKING!"

"DO SOMETHING!" yelled arena and donghae attempted to call with the mobile phone that he had couldn't help to neglect and placed into his pockets minutes before and dialled 000.

"is it working?" said ryeowook and donghae pressed the phone into his ears.

This phone cannot be connected. Please dial another number and try again.

"WHAT?" he yelled slamming the phone against the car seat as it reflected, smacking victoria in the face and each person turned to their left after an intense ambiance filled the atmosphere from that direction and witnessed the sight of an animal lunging at them, its claws evident and each screamed.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"