Chapter Ten

Lost In Mertan

 

Two days after, at breakfast, Siwon brought up something that was lingering in his mind for a while now and expressed it at the dinner table one cold Monday. It was something that we had forgotten completely about the following days, more accurately the following week, but in which siwon didn't and couldn't take his mind off it on the contrary to the fact that heechul didn't even remember any accounts of it until explained. It was about the pho incident.

"guys... I can't seem to get my mind of it." He said. "this guilty feeling its just..."

"what aer you talking about siwon?" said donghae, worried.

"at the pho incident, I feel terrible." He replied. "I feel ashamed and just... really guilty."

"me too!" said hang geng getting up from his chair. "and I thought I was the only one and the majority of oters agreed.

"what pho incident?" said Mary curiously.

Siwon catched his breath.

"wait no." Said donghae. "I don't think you should od this donghae. It might change the girls opinion of us."

"what are you talking about?" she asked.

"we..." said siwon, his elbows pressed on the table and his hand rested stressfully on his forehead. "we robbed a pho shop."

"WHAT?" yelled arena, mary and victoria.

"wait! Which pho shop and when?" said amy, her eyes lit up. "like what do you mean by rob?"

"yea!" said Julia.

"we didn't techniqually 'rob' it but we ate noodles without paying..."

Amys mind revisited her memories last week of the incident where she witnessed a rare occasion.

I, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 guys...

"wow!" said victoria. "did you see that?"

"no!" said mary then looked around at peoples tables. "where?"

"around six tall guys just ran out the shop without paying..." said Amy.

"thiefs!" said victoria. "right mary?"

"yup." She replied.

"I hate guys like that." Said arena. "jungsoo would never do that!"

"things like that never happen around here." Said Julia.

"things like that rarely happen here." I said, shaking my head, then looked at victoria. "and there not thiefs, they're survivors. You've been precieved to think all robbers and thiefs and whatever are all bad people in the heart, some are but some aren't. there must've been a reason why they did that... maybe they were starving and saw no option. Just think of the pressure they must've went through and the risk... obviously they didn't steal because why feel that much pressure and risk when you have money to eat peacefully?" I looked at them sceptically. "do you get me?"

"yea, but still..." said mary.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..." amy whispered to herself as she counted with her fingers. Ryeowook heard.

"hey amy... what was that?" said ryewook squinting.

"was it last week at the Vietnamese Pho?" said amy and there eyes enlargened.

"what?" they said. "how do you know?"

"we were there! That—that was you?" said amy incredulously. "we were there, all os us girls, we saw it, well me and vic and mary and Julia... and the lady chased you out and she began crying and—"

"WHAT?" said siwon.

"we saw you—" I repeated.

"no!" he intervened. "about the lady."
"she began crying and the boss yelled at her and—"

"WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE SHOP AND APOLOGISE." He said.

"what?" said heechul, finally remmebering. "NO! WE CAN'T!"

"yes!" he rpelied. "we have to!"

"no!" they said. "siwon this abit too far we can't!"

"we have to!" he replied.

"we can't!"
"we have to!"

"boys I swear." Said Julia shaking her head.

"guys I can't sleep tonight without thinking aobut what I've done, I only know that I will heal if I apologise and make up for it. Its the only way I can come clean and say that I've matured. Please." He said earnestly.

The others reconsidered sceptically.

Siwon looked at the table then looked up at them, it was the 'I've made up my mind' expression and they knew it. "well I'm going myself then." He said. "whether you like it or not. You don't hav eto come. But take the consequences as grown men."

And after finishing his bowls of cereal he got up and placed the dishes into the dishwasher and we heard his feet hit the ground as he went into the boys room.

"im going." Said hang geng.

"me too." Said donghae.

"me too!" said sungmin and ryeowook together.

"WAIT WAIT." Said heechul. "we could go to jail!"

"atleast we'll go together!" said donghae.

"you could..." said Julia. "but it depends were your from. In some places you'll go to life in jail for stealing bread. I don't know about his... I don't think this towns consequences would be that harsh, but considering that nothing bad has ever happened they might take it really bad and make a big deal out of it, but maybe not cause it only happens once in a while. if you're really desperate though... but I still think you shouldn't."

"I'd rather not live with the guilt." Said siwon. "and you'll never know if you don't try."

"its better if you don't know sometimes though." Said victoria.

And our eyes widened at the response as all heads turned quickly to her. "you know..." said Julia. "that was the smartest thing you've said in..." she thought to herself. "your whole life time!"

"HEY!" said Victoria.

"so you're still going to do it?" said amy worried.

"yes!" They yelled back.

She began jumping nervously around. "I don't think you should do it, but since we're really good friends with the lady there she might lower the charges if she decides to take you to jail if we can convince her that you guys are really nice guys that didn't mean it and don't deserve to be behind bars for the rest of your lives as young adults."

"you think it'll work?" yelled sungmin from across the room.

"no!" said amy.

"good enough!" they said. "lets go!"
"oh these guys are idiots." Julia said as she smacked her forehead with the book she was currently holding in her hand.

And after 3 minutes they got out hte door fully dressed and we had all come to the conclusion that we should atleast buy her flowers which was of course siwons suggestion before we came and apologised, and it was twice as long, thanks to mary, vic and arena for the girls to get out the door too.

When they had arrived at the Vietnamese pho door, they breathed a sigh and closed their eyes, this was basically suicide and a confession at the least, they had prayed numerous times before they had arrived here and now was to be the verdict of their actions, they could see the lady dusting the corners of the counter and tables with a cloff on her other head along with a sponge, she looked busy and rather aggressive as she scrubbed. The boss was defiantly making her hair grey mentally.

Siwon opened the door of the pho shop after knocking.

"sorr—" he said and when the lady turned around recognised them and screamed.

"we're sor—"

And within seconds she had pulled out a gun from od knows where and the members of super junior and the girls screamed and where amy ran to the front, pushing the others aside and screamed. "WAIT!"

She let down her gun and looked astonished at being seen with them.

"you know them?" she asked.

"yea..." amy replied. "I do... can we talk?"

She nodded her head, speechless.

"um, can you put down the gun first?" amy asked and she nodded her head, bemused.

"follow me." She said and the others followed.

"so you see..." said amy. "I found htem on the treets besides mertains city dump and I gave them food and allowed them to stya with us and they were starving so they had no choice!"
she said nothing and after a few seconds said after a unbearable silence: "amy I know you're not the type to lie... so I believe you... but..." she looked indecisive.

"we brought you flowers!" said sungmin happily with a beam and handed them to her, she took them, looked at them sweetly, smelled them, then took a lighter from her pocket and set them on fire.

"ahh..." said sungmin, his eyes almost popping out of his sockets as the ashes fell amongst the table.

"thats a crime!" said heechul. "burning 30 dollar flowers!"

She chuckled. "you are lucky..." she said, facing the boys. "you see... I have boys of my own so I've come up with a suggestion that is less mild and harsher in terms."

"SO WE'RE NOT GOING TO JAIL?" they said happily.

"don't give her any ideas!" Amy said and aimed to step on heechuls foot and after she did, heard a different voice in pain looked up to see sungmin and began apologising numerously.

"no..." she said. "but I wouldn't be too sure. That is, if you don't complete the task I'm going to give you."

They gulped, "what task?"

The rest of the members of super junior and the girls found themselves cleaning dirty dishes, the lady had told them that they were to contuine on the whole day, until the shift was over, and until they had finished all and that they were to be spotless and clean and they were not to have breaks or stop at all costs and were not aloud to talk in a manner that wasn't a whisper.

"this isn't too bad—" said kangin.

"SHUTUP!" yelled the lady.

"wow, I never expected her to be this... angry." Said hang geng.

"she has sons what do you expect?" said sungmin.

She walked into the room. "SHUTUP, SHUTUP, SHUTUP! I AM THIS CLOSE TO CALLING THE POLICE." then held out her hands so that her index finger and thumb where close to together each other but weren't and when left, slamming the door, ryewook whispered. "crazy lady..."

After what to be hours of cleaning dishes, their hands were now aching but the lady said that they were not authorised to become tired, and that they were to contuine making the dishes spotless and clean.

"my hands are tired..." said heehcul complaining. "this all gross and dirty and what is this bubbly stuff?"
"soap..." said donghae. "soap... say it with me heechul... 'soap...'"

"soap..." he replied, bewildered.

Amy walked over to sungmin who was beside me and apologised again. "sorry, about your feet..."

"its okay." He replied. "that kiss on the cheek was worth it." Then smiled and she walked away embarrassed. She was hoping he'd have forget it or atleast never mention the subject again in her lifetime.

By night, 5 minutes before the end of their shift, amy and sungmin, mary and victoria were the oly ones left.

"so have you ever kissed anyone before?" he asked.

"nope." She replied.

"on the cheek?" he asked.

"Nope." She replied.

"I'm honoured." He said.

"so how does it feel?" she asked. "to not be in jail?"

"good, obviously." He said. "how does it feel living with us?"
"terrible." She replied and he laughed.

His smile captivated her.

"SUNGMING, RYEOWOOK, AMY AND MARY!" the lady yelled. "COME HERE NOW!"

And as they were walking out, ryeowook practically running, sungmin in a pace he urged the both of us to run faster but then at that exact moment someone gripped her wrist, and thinking it was sungmin who had a fair share of gripping people on the wrist she looked over to see it was mary.

"we need to talk."

"what?" she replied. "about what?"

"I need... I need to talk to you about something important."

"AMY MARY COME ON." Yelled sungmin and he ran to me and grabbed my wrist.

"later okay?" said amy earnestly and mary was left to oblige.

"you did well." Said the lady once we were all together. "you are free from charges boys, I am convinced that yu are all good fellows, but realise if it weren't for these magnificent girls here I'd have blown you to pieces with my gun! Hahaha." She laughed nervously and the tohers gulped. "anyway, congratulations, visit any time." And she hugged each one of them and they each left the store, with grins on their faces.

"the guilty feeling once inside me is fading..." said siwon. "I can now feel repentance! This is great!" and he started jumping around.

"ahhhhhhhh, the guilty feeling is gone..." said sungmin and looked over at amy and she looked back then away.

Amy walked over to mary and smiled. "so mary, what is it you want to tell me?"

"oh... nothing."

"you sure?"

"yea." She replied and amy walked over to sungmin and began talking.


When they had arrived home they each had a shower, dressed into a new change of clothes and flopped onto their beds and fell asleep.

It was in the middle of the night when donghae got up for some water, he was dehydrated the whole day but hadn't noticed and woke up to find himself hiccupping, getting up menacingly he opened the door silently and entered the fridge with a glass cup and poured some water, drinking it, her placed the cup away on the sink and placed the jar back into the frigde when he entered out the door and was scarcely heading back into the boys room, he heard a wimper, most likly a girls wimper.

Thinking it was ryeowook, for who knows reasons already said, he checked, only to find the figure of a sleeping ryeowook in a daze and then out of curiosity followed the noise, leading him out onto the balcony and saw Mary, her small cringing finger curled up, her hands on her knees and her face buried in her arms.

"mary...?" said donghae. "what are you doing here at this hour?"

"everyones going to be so mad at me..." she said.

"made at what?" said donghae and she glanced over to him rapidly, her heart stopped beating when she saw who it was.

"donghae..." she wiped the tears from her eyes. "what are you doing here so late?"

"no the question is what are you doing here so late?" he retorted back.

"I was... looking at the stars."

"then why are you crying?"

"nothing." She replied.

He contuined to stand there.

"NOTHING!" she yelled softly, her voice cracking towards the end and she began to cry.

"are you like one of those people in the movie shrek? How when its midnight she turns into an ogre because of some curse and she hates it and cries every night?"

"NO!" she said. "JUST GO AWAY!"

"you know you can tell me." He said and lolled onto the bacony wall.

"I can't tell anyone." She replied.

"why not?" he said.

"its none of your business now get inside before..." she looked around. "before I throw a brick at you."

"what brick?" he laughed.

"this!" and she grabbed a brick from behind and he moved back.

"okay okay." He said. "can we just talk to each other?"

She reconsidered. "okay..."

"okay but let GO of the brick first." He said and she listened.

He took a seat next to her. "so whats wrong?"

"I can't tell you." she said.

He got up but mary grabbed his upper arm. "please... don't go."

He sat down again. "so what do you want to do?"

"just sit..." she said.

"you do know that crying isn't going to solve anything do you?" he said and she nodded.

After ten minutes of silence she fell asleep on his shoulder and whispered to his sleepy figure.

"I can't... tell... anyone..."


AUTHORS NOTE: okay from now on i hope you get it, when it has horrible grammer and dosen't make sense and all these spelling errors are everywhere, you know its unedited ;) siwon feels guilt and mary and donghae have a nice chat. ahem ahem.