Chapter Sixteen

Lost In Mertan

 

The next following morning, a Sunday, ryeowook was awoken a constent noise that sounded like someone was picking up and dropping things, almost like packing and hwne he went out of the room to see who was the cause of this racquet he was surprised to see donghae and mary actually packing, a luggage, and when he realised of what was happening his eyes widened and he said:

"whats happening?" he said worriedly. "why is mary and donghae packing?"

"I'm packing ryeowook." Said mary. "goodbye." And she zipped her luggage and swung her back pack on her back.

"wait what do you mean goodbye?" he asked looking at mary to donghae. "and why are you helping her leave?"

And at that second she opened the door and left, walking down the piles of stairs and ryeowook began packing around, jumping hesitatntly.

"WE'VE GOT TO TELL THE OTHERS!" he said and went into the boys dorm but donghae caught his arm and asked him to quiten up and ryeowoks reaction was a confused stare.

"why? Why were you helping her leave? Why aren't you trying to get her back?"
he said nothing, and ryeowook read his face, a look of uneasiness and he went to wake up the others, and when the other awoken, they were just as surprised as ryeowook and demanded answers and when they woke up the girls they were astonished, astonished and horrified.

"I thought someone was just cooking breakfast or cleaning or something." Said Julia.

"well that was mary packing." Said siwon.

"but where did she go?" said Julia.

"well why don't you ask donghae?" said ryeowook to him buthe said nothing.

"you know about this?" they said.

"he helped her pack..." said ryeowook guiltily. "I saw him and he watched he leave..."
"WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP HER?" yelled hang geng angrily and ryeowook bgan to look even more guilty.

"we'll if you watched all that you better have known why she left..." said kangin and pushed him.

"I don't!" said donghae and looked away when he looked him in the eyes.

"im planning to leave..." said mary. "and go back home..."

"what? You can't!" said donghae.

"I am... and as a last favour for a friend you might not never see again, I want you to help me pack my things."

Donghae looked uneasy.

"please?"
he hesitated. "okay..."

"but you have to promise not to tell anyone okay?" she said.

"okay..." he promised.

"YOU LYING PIECE OF—" and he pushed to the wall which was a meter away before he was pushed, crashing into the ground after the impact hit his back. When kangin walked to him, obviously to do more of a beating, amy came in to separate them.

"STOP." She yelled. "the reason she left was..." she paused. "BECAUSE OF ME ALRIGHT?" and she walked into her room and closed her door.

The room again was left in silence, and heechul decided to easen the mood by cooking some ramen which they all agreed since they didn't seem they had a choice and walked into the kitchen as donghae was left astray on the ground.

"you don't think shes pregnant do you?" said kangin.

"don't be stupid." Said heechul. "you don't think shes had an abortion do you?"

"does it look like she was pregnant to you in the first place?" said kangin.

"hey your the one that—"

"it has something obvious to do with amy." Siwon added. "I mean, did amy say I was her fault?"
"and it must've had something to do with donghae." Said kangin and looked at him, and the others did to. "you gonna tell us now?"

He looked down at his bowl of ramen and began eating. "why don't you ask her?" he said after he became uncomfortable enough.

Kangin got up and knocked on the girld door and opened it, the door was looked.

"hey! Amy!" he said. "open the door."

There was nothing.

"can you just please tell us why she left? Thats all we asked."

There was nothing.

"please amy. You know this is just making it worse." He replied. "tell us and get it over with!" he banged on the door and she opened it hastily, scaring him.

"get it over with right?" she replied and then laughed nervously. "you make it sound so simple." she became serious. "Marys gay and she said she loves me, its over with, done. Now I think theres someone you owe an apology to and its not me."

Heechul, who having to be scoffing his noodles, dropped his chopsticks upon the news and kangin was absolutely shocked.

"I knew about it..." said odnghae. "but I promised not to tell."

Kangin went to hug him. "im sorry donghae!"

"its okay." He replied and began eating his noodles again, something was on his mind and he felt angry just thinking about it.

"are you okay?" said kangin realising this.

"of course of course." He replied but they knew.

"shes... gay?" said Julia incredulousy. "no way... i...i..."

"marys gay?" said victoria. "but but..."

"marys gay...?" said arena. "what what..."
"YES SHES GAY OKAY?" said donghae and he got up and knocked on amys door. "amy!" he yelled. "open up!"

There was nothing.

"OPEN UP!" he almost screamed and he threw himself at the door and the door broke down.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU—" amy screamed.

Donghae intervened, bellowing: "YOUR BEST FRIEND SAYS SHES GAY, OKAY, BUT SHES YOUR BESTFRIEND, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS FOR HER TO SAY TO ADMIT IT TO YOU, SHE CRIED EVERY NIGHT AND TO SEE YOU TURN HER DOWN LIKE THAT—"
Amy yelled back, her voie croaky. "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND." She replied. "IF WE DIDN'T LIVE WITH EACH OTHER FOR A YEAR AND HAD BEEN BESTFRIENDS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL FOR THE OTHER 8 YEARS OF MY LIFE THEN THAT WULD'VE BEEN FINE, BUT I LIVED WITH HER AND SHE LIED TO ME, ALL THE TIMES I'VE ASKED, ITS THE REASON I THOUGHT SHE WAS STRAIGHT THAT MADE ME FEEL OKAY TO BECOME SO CLOSE TO HER AND ACT THE WAY I DID, IF SHE LIKED ME AND SHE WAS GAY AND DIDN'T WANT TO TELL ME OKAY, BUT SHE CULD'VE JUST STAYED AWAY FROM ME SO SHE WOULDN'T LOVE ME ANYMORE, SO SHE COULD FORGET ABOUT ME, BUT THERES NOT ONE TIME SH TRIED—"

"YOUR FRIEND IS OUT THERE, AT THE PLACE SHE CALLS HELL—HER HOME, AND YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LET HER GO LIKE THAT BECAUSE OF HER UALITY WHICH SHE DIDN'T ASK FOR AND THE FACT THAT YOU'VE BEEN LIVING WITH HER? ITS STUPID OKAY. ITS STUPID. AS A BESTFRIEND SHE'D EXPECT YOU UNDERSTAND—"

"BUT SHE KNEW I WAS GOING TO BE LIKE THIS." Said amy. "WHY DID YOU THINK SHE WAS CRYING ALL THOSE NIGHTS. I CAN'T LET HER STAY ANYWAY. SHE LOVES ME AND SHES GAY. SHE HAS TO FORGET ABOUT ME AND BEING NEAR ME WON'T HELP."

"BESTFRIENDS ARE THERE FOR EACH OTHER..." he replied. "don'y you reconsider how bad she must've felt lying to her bestfriends for years? She needs her bestfriends there for her to help her recover."

Then there was a moment where she just stared at home then walked into the bathroom the next door and closed the door lightly and sat there crying.

"amy... I'm gay." Said mary.

"mary stop kidding with me." She laughed. "hey mary, im gay." And then she spat out of laughter.

"no amy... im really gay." And she gave amy and earnest look in her eyes.

"mary, stop joking around." She amy after catching her seriousness.

"no amy... I'm not... joking." She replied. "I don't think I'd joke with something so serious."

"prove it." Said amy, still not convinced.

Mary took both her arms and leaned in gently to kiss her, amy astonished and absolutely stoned then upon realising how close marys face was to hers pushed her away instantly just when their lips were about to touch for the first time in her life and ran away.

Flash

"haha marys gay." Said the little amy.

"haha I'm not gay amy." Replied the little mary.

"well nah..." said the little amy.

"what would you do if I said I was gay though?" said the little mary curiously. "just asking."

"what would I do?" said the little amy. "what anyone would do."

"and whats that?" she said.

"I don't know." She replied. "but theres no way your gay. But if you were, I wouldn't believe you. if you were serious... then, I don't know. I just can't imagine you gay. You aren't right?"

Mary turned away. "of course not." Then asked. "what do you think of gay people...?"

"mary, why are you asking me these questions?" she replied laughing.

"okay okay... what would you do if Victoria said she was gay?" said mary.

"I'd stay away probably." Replied amy. "what would you do?"

"the same..." she replied.

Flash:

(add scenes where she was with sungmn and she randomingly pops in)

Amy awoke from her dream and found herself still in the bathroom; she closed her eyes and punched the floor angrily.

"why didn't I see this?" she told herself and got up and opened the door of the bathroom and went to the boys, and knocked on the door and asked for donghae, donghae replied with.

"what is it now amy?"

And she answered back with. "I need to ask you something."

When he came out from the room amy lead them into the kitchen and said. "I'm going to try and get mary back but I can't do this without you."

Donghae smiled in return. "sure."

"well what made you decide to get he rback?" he asked.

"what you said..." she replied. "and, I just figured it must've been tough for her. I've changed these past months into a more terrible person and I'm on my way to recovery, I guess this is sort of like a test, like Julia said, I should stop doing something I'll regret then apologise for it later. But really... just the thought of her returning home..."

"what do you mean?" asked donghae.

"home is like... hell for us. We don't ever want to go back. When I ran away from her when she confided in me, she must've felt so bad and sad—hey that rhymed." And the both of them laughed then she said seriously. "she felt so 'bad' and so 'sad' that she felt a need to return home... back to hell."

"is it that bad?" asked donghae incredulously.

She looked at the floor guiltingly. "you have no idea."

Mary knew this place very well, she was very quite acquainted and when she returned after having been a year she realised that nothing had changed, she felt that same sort of sickening feeling she felt int he pit of her stomach upon entering and that undesired atmosphere when eating, there parents sounded like they hadn't forgotten and contuined their conversations and treated her like she hadn't left at all, proving that you nevre realise how good is something until its gone false, instead proving that she was never a good thing at all to them.

"so mary, what are you working as?" he father asked.

"manual work..." she replied and her other and father looked at each other sceptically.

"you disappointed me AGAIN daughter, you never make me happy. We always wanted you to become a doctor but instead you choose this life."

She said nothing.

"why did you want to choose this life?" he asked and she looked up at him then down at her food then bellowed. "WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER ME?"

She could feel her heart thumping and she said nothing, that same familiar feeling...

"because your stupid! Thats why! Stupid! You have no respect in us! If you didn't hang out with those friends of yours—"

She dropped her chopsticks, her face blank, she walked upstairs away from them.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" he yelled. "you eat in my house, you clean up and you stay!"
and she did so.

Amy closed her eyes and knocked on the door.

"mary open the door!" shouted her father and the noise of her feet hitting the stairs could be heard. Amy looked nervously to donghae who looked just as nervous, if not frightened.

"oh... its you..." said mary when she opened the door and slammed the door at her face, but amy placed her hand inbetween and halted it.

"oww..." she said. "mary listen."

"theres nothing to listen." Said mary.

"yes, there is, hear me out." Amy replied.

Mary folded her arms across her chest sternly and looked at amy as though she was about to slam the door again any minute now even if it rips of her arm.

"you got a minute." She replied.

"im sorry..." amy said.

"oh please." Mary replied incredulously. "do you think it'll owkr on me? You've apologised your way through to forgiveness every time, but this time I'm not forgiving you." and mary walked away.

"for what? Running away from you? isn't that what you would've done too if victoria said she was gay?" she retorted as she left. Mary walked hastily to her.

"you remember that?" she said.

"yes. Just like it was yesterday." Replied amy. "now tell me. How long have you been gay?"

Mary hesitated. "since I was born."

Amys eyes widened then shook her head. "its funny cause I should be the one angry cause you're the one who lied to me."

"no amy..." she said.

"no waht?" amy replied.

"after you told me what you done I didn't want to lose you." said mary. "and then i realise how close you were getting to sungmin and thought that i had to tell you before it was too late and you and sungmin-"

Amy shook her head again. "mary forget this, I don't want to be confused. Im sorry. Please, I, WE want you back home."
"shes right." Said donghae. "the others miss you already."
amy extended out her arms and mary accepted it but then amy backed away instantly. Mary looked hurt.

"mary im so sorry..."

"call back when you accept who I am." Mary went back inside to close the door. (YOU CAN EXTEND THIS TO TWO CHAPTERS AFTER)

"wait mary!" yelled amy. "GIVE ME SOME TIME. IM NOT USED TO THIS YET. ITS HARD FOR ME OKAY?"

Mary looked at her and saw thepain imprinted on her face. "answer this question first. Do you like sungmin?"

"yes... as friends." amy replied.

"no amy, be serious." Said mary.

"if I answer this will you come back home?" she asked.

"yes." Mary answered.

"yes. I do like sungmin." Amy replied.

"well im willing to recover, and I'm willing to stay out of your way." Said mary and amy lent out her arms to hug her, and she accepted it, but this time she didn't back away.

When mary went upstairs to get her luggage along with amy but donghae stayed outside because she doubted that her father would let her live with a guy in the house and would make her stay here of all places, she went up and took her things and carried them downstairs, but it hit the stairs abit too hard, attracting her fathers attention and upon seeing the sight stopped her immediately.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" he asked angrily.

"goodbye father, im going back." She said.

"YOU ONLY CAME HERE THIS MORNING. WHO SAID YOU COULD LEAVE MY HOUSE LIKE THAT?"

By now she had reached the surface of the stairs and was heading to the door.

"DON'T IGNORE ME LIKE THAT. I AM ASHAMED TO HAVE A DAUGHTER LIKE YOU, BUT IM NOT GOING TO WRECK MY IMAGE ANYMORE HAVING TO SAY THAT MY ONLY DAUGHTER IS LIVING WITH A BUNCH OF RETARDS WHO HAVE MENTAL ILLNESSESS AND LIKE TO GET HIGH!" he yelled despite the fact that amy was right beside her.

Mary stopped, she looked terribly offended.

"Dad. THEY DO NOT HAVE MENTAL ILLNESSES AND THEY ARE CERTAINLY NOT RETARDS. THIS IS THE REASON I LEFT THIS PLACE, YOU SAY I HAVE NO RESPECT IN YOU? YOU HAVE NO RESPECT IN ME. I COULDN'T STAND LIVING IN THIS HOUSE. YOU WANT ME TO BE A DOCTOR AND YOU CALL ME STUPID? WELL IF YOUR SO SMART YOU WOULD'VE NOTICED ALREADY THAT MAYBE IM STUPID BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO BE YELLED AT EVERYDAY ABOUT HOW STUPID I AM AND TRY TO MAKE YOU PROUD. I DID, BUT IM OVER IT. IM OVER YOUR DA—"

And at that moment, her father slapped her. Her eyes widened.

"go..." he yelled. "GO!"

And when both of them did, amys shoulder around her neck not for intentions such as suffocation, obviously, she closed the door and her father watched her sight leave his eyes forever.

Mary was filled with tears. "im never going back."

"same, hes freaky." Said donghae.

"no! Im never going back. My dads never going to let me go back home." Said mary, hiccupping. "I had never stood up for myself to him. This time was my first..." and she placed her sleeve on her face and let her tears absorb through them.

"we'll atleast your never going back." Said mary. "and your last words were the truth. Don't regret it okay? I've learned that much now. You're done lying, don't apologise for the truth." She looked up at mary and she smiled back. "You don't have to lie anymore because this is a fresh new start." Amy added, and mary couldn't help but agree more.

When they had returned home with mary, the others were estatic of her return and hugged her like she was some stuffed toy and made her breakfast and welcomed her with cheers, luckily the boys didn't mind her being gay at all but the girls were only recovering, besides they didn't do as much as hug, but sometimes those such as victoria would change in front of her. Julia felt slightly sorry for Victoria, she had always talked about hot guys to her and her love for male anime characters, the two were rather close, but with the exception that mary found her annoying.

"we're glad to have you back." They said. "and we fully understand."
amy went infront of the room with donghae.

"and since you know." Said donghae. "me and amy are deciding to host a 'silent day' after amys birthday to give recognition to those that are gay and haven't come out the closest and are left to lie about it every waking day, to have a sort of 'feel' about how it feels like and to also show that we approve of mary being gay and we accept her the way she is and we respect that she is gay."

"no its okay..." said mary, blushing and sungmin hugged her.

"no really." They said.

"in that case." Said siwon. "I won't be participating. I don't approve of gay people."

Dear Diary:

With mary and amy, though find themselves hard to not forgive each other, they want to still be friends to the point where its confusing for people such as donghae, that issues are resolved fast to the point they don't make sense, the ending is much easier than the complication, their relationship is just that strong, but like she said, 'she can't forget me aslong as im still here', and I, Julia am here, and, 'you should of stayed away from me then you probably would've forgot about me', but then if I do the same to sungmin, stay as close to him, then how can he forget about me? I accept your challenge amy.

Love: Julia.

 


AUTHORS NOTE: NO! IN REAL LIFE SIWON DOSEN'T HATE GAY PEOPLE, I JUST WROTE IT IN THE STORY BECAUSE HES A CHRISTIAN SORRY IF IT OFFENDS ANYONE!