Chapter Nineteen

Lost In Mertan

 

Two teenagers, one boy one girl are infront of a local water fountain where money is tossed for good luck, the occupants of mertain walk pass them like they'd seen nothing, the boy grabs her hand and looks her in the eyes and says.

"amy... I know that you like me." Said david. "but I don't like you. I like your friend Julia."

"why?" said amy. "I mean, like why? Why do you prefer her over me? I've been your bestfriend for years, you been her friend for like 2 months. I just don't get it."

"lets face it..." he replied. "shes hot!"
"oh of course." Amy replied.

"but... but... you'll always be my bestfiend."

"yea." said Amy, confused because he was the one who pulled the first moves on her, all of it beginning last 3 months, though they hadn't kissed and thank god she was still a . He just treated her differiantly, like he finally got it into his head that she was a female.

"I'll be leaving to New York in a year... to get a career as a model."

Right now, Amy didn't care. "yea, we'll we still have 365 days together right?"
"of course! And I promise im going to spend the most with you..." this 'promise' was broken as he spent most of hte time with his girlfriend and none with her and all she could do was shrug her shoulders as she watched her crush, bstfriend of years together holing hands down the streets and kissing infront of the balcony. It for her, and she was over the drama. She hated the way he made her feel.

There landed a plane belonging to the airport of mertain, and out came a man, a teenage boy, a senior, his hair messy and his face an olive tan, it was a visage quite familiar to the girls those especially being of Julia and a face not exactly 'liked' by all the members, especially Amy and a one that was going to cause trouble indeed, as he was droven by taxi to the city streets in need of seeing someone.

And who was that person?

When amy awoke and checked up on the others the next following morning she found that the others were dead asleep all in awkward and uncomfortable positions as each were drunk last night, she shook her head to herself and looked over at sungmin, who looked twice as drunk and called in work saying that they wouldn't be able to make it today sceptically. She knew the boss wasn't going to give them another day off, but when he agreed she lifted her eyebrows awkwardly to herself, he was defiantly in a good mood. Opening the fridge and writing a note to infrom the members of super junior and girls and placing it on each door, she realised that they were not enough groceries so she decided to go out and buy some on her own, she could've asked the ones sober yesterday to come, but the only one sober from yesterday was her and mary, and mary was a lazy bastard, she had only realised after the day of marys confession that the reason she had come was because sungmin was there too and decided to get dressed in the bathroom in a tshirt and some trousers. After dressing she left the house and closed the door and wandered the streets of mertain, she then entered shops and brought all the items needed then when walking home, well half way through walking home unluckily, she was approached by a male, a tall male, with that same familiar olive tan, messy hair and somewhat sparkling eyes if that was possible and groaned to herself. It was defiantly him and at this point of time, after the incident with sungmin she was over boys and didn't want anything to do with them and she knew that this guy was going to push her over the edge. Reason is is that he always got what he wanted, with a difference in victoria is that not only does she get what she wants, but as soon as she asks and gets it, this boy actually gets turned down but when hes turned down, goes to lengths to achieve it and he does and she was over the drama he caused two years ago.

She endeavoured to walk passed him, almost like she didn't know of his presense there and when he saw this, he grabbed her on he wrist.

"amy...? AMY!" he said. "I haven't seen you in forever!'

"um my neither." She replied. "I got to go..."

"wait." He said, his eyebrows arched. "you're still made at me from two years ago... I haven't seen you in a year... I missed you."
"tom, sorry but I really have to go—"

"well let me help carry your groceries!" he said, realising how many grocery bags she happened to be carrying. "please?" her instincts were saying no, but her aching arms was sayng yes, she was only half way there to her house yet she felt like she was going to drop the lot, so she had no choices inevitably and nodded her head in which he came to her rescue immediately, she gave a sigh of relief when she felt the tugging weight lift from her arm.

"see as a model... I have to keep fit." He said and then he took one of her hands and placed it onto his defined abs. She pushed her hand away.

"don't be so angry..." he said and grabbed her hand but she tugged it away.

"stop it david. Im over you treating girls like they are special then dumping them like trash okay? Im over you and I don't ever want to see you again."

"okay..." he said. "but I don't understand what I've done wrong... are you seeing someone or...?"

"david..." she said turning around. "I actually like someone now and I don't want to do to him the same thing you did to me. Though he did the same thing that you did to me, he's still less of a jerk."

"wait so who is this guy?" said david, glowering.

"should you worry more abot your girlfriend? Julia?" she asked.

"im over her, we broke up." He said. "like a year ago when I went to get a job as a model."
she contuind to walk ahead so he had to ran up to her every time.

"DO YOU HAVE TO WALK SO FAST?" he added but she ignored him.

"I don't get it, if you got your job as a model and you obviously love new york heaps than mertain, I thought you visited mertain again to see your beloved girlfriend, now that I see you broke up, lemme ask, what the hell are you doing here and why the HELL did you come back?" she asked angrily.

"why do you think im here? I came back all this way for you." he repied, and grabbed her shoulder.

"I wonder how many girls you've said that to?" she said then tried to take the groceries from his hand. "give them... I don't want to walk with you."

He was annoying her heaps already.

"not unless I take you to dinner." He replied.

"NO!" she yelled and lunged at it, but his tall figure made this almost impossible. "GIVE IT BACK TOM!" she lunged at it again, she was now getting a headache. "FINE! TAKE THE DAMN GROCERIES." She said and she walked away with her own.

she was one hundred percent right, tom was back from new york along with trouble.

"amy..." said hangeng once she arrived home. "I'm so dizzy form yesterday did you get eggs?" he asked.

"yup." She replied. "everything."

"you even got cookies!" he said happily.

"yup." She said.

"sorry you had to go on your own." He said. "hopefully it wasn't to end."

"not it was fine..." she replied. Exluding the end part.

"AMY!" said heechul awake, and dissy. "yo wahstup man, yo yo touch me..." and he placed his hands on hers and did some sort of handshake.

"we'll your in a weird mood today."

"I don't even know what im doing." He replied and then in a sudden change of mood did the same handshake. "yo whatsup man, me you yo touch me, yea!"

"well you don't seem that bad compared to him." I said to hangeng.

"so youw ant me to be all yo whatsup man yea?" he said and she lifted her eyebrows.

"okay that was weird." She said and then sat on the kitchen chair and sunk her head down on the table.

"so..." said Julia. "did you see anyone?"

That was an odd question. "um no... don't we never see anyone?" she replied.

"oh just asking."

And she walked towards the phone after minutes when she thought she was distracted enough and called furtively Toms phone number to see if he had arrived to Mertain.

In the afternoon, amy was silently reading a book on her leather chair when she heard a very familiar voice outside screaming her name, and she refused to go outside and just shut the balcony door she couldn't hear anything but when the boys, having miraculous hearing, heard it after a silence commenced opened the balcony door and saw a model looking boy crying at amys name, they called for her and told her there was some crazy model looking boy outside calling her name and she asked them to close the door. After what to be an hour, he got tired of calling out her name after attracting to much unwanted attention and began throwing peebles at the door. There was no way in the hell was she able to ignore that and went into her room, but kangin was worried that they were going to have to buy a new door and opened it and asked for amy to deal with this guy and make him shut up and after realising she had no alternatives avaliable went to go out of the balcony and when david saw the door open he stopped and she screamed at him.

"GO AWAY."

"let me take you to dinner..." he said and she swear from up here it was the scene from a movie.

"don't make me get the water gun." She threatened.

"its just dinner... not a date... just as friends, I'll pay?" he said and sungmin after not being able to take restrain himself from punching the guy and unbearable jealousy went out the balcony and say the guy and saw her and said to amy.

"whose he?"
she said nothing, she still couldn't find the words to talk to him like she had.

"model looking boy over there~! I'll give you 5 seconds to go away before I get the water gun!" he said and he looked at him incredulousy.

"are you kidding me?" said david. "so is this the guy you were talking about? I'm heaps hotter and more manly than this guy would ever be. Hey kid, show me your abs!"

"hey, want to see whose manly?" he yelled cutely. "I can kick your anyday! I've been trained to do it!"

"same here to pumble weaklings like you—"

Amy groaned. Then the scene where he leaned into kiss Julia covered bythe sofa whre the actual kiss emerged. "okay but wll you two shut up? Where are yu taking me?
"at where we used to go..." he said and gav ea look to sungmin.

"the porch? Kay, bye now get the hell away from me." She yelled back.

Sungmn cringed. "wait, so there was a place you used to go!" he said sady and she said nothing. "amy talk to me!"

"theres nothing to talk about sungmin..." she whispered, looking if anyone was hearing. "I saw what you did yesterday, you kissed Julia, I don't want to become between you two and I can't stop myself from becoming near you two if your always around me sungmin. You just don't kno—" she shook her head. "nevermind."

"what I kissed her?" he said incredulosuy.

"yesterday. When you were drunk." Seh replied.

"amy I was drunk..." he said.

"dosen't matter, you were drunk, and if thats what you really wanted to do then fine, whatever was holding you back I don't know what was, but im pretty sure when your drunk you tell the truth... right?" she walked away.

"amy wait—" he said and Julia came into view.

"you know what you say isn't going to work." She replied. "you don't understand reality pretty boy, she knows that you like me since you pulled the move first on me, and.. she dosen't want to ruin the relationship we have together. The only way she can do that is if she stays away from you... oh by the way your a hot kisser, want to contuine?" she offered and her dirtied her.

"I don't remember kissing you but I remember that oyu said what I told younot to say to her. Do you think I want to be with you after that?" he questioned. "maybe you haven't thought of the fact that maybe it was like that in the beginning but now its not. Yes I feel bad, but I thought it was right, now I honestly like her and you ruined it for me."

"you don't need her." She traced a finger on his face, then said seductively. "what you need is some time with a person like me. Make you forget about her and her model boyfriend..."

"hes not her boyfriend." He said.

"but give her some time tonight and she might change her mind..."

Three hours after, at 6pm, Amy got ready in hre casual clothes, trying to wear as less fancy clothes as possible to get the messag straight and even refused to do her hair which Julia willingly offered her which she thought was a weird turn in persona for her, Mary however was asking again and again 'what were you thinking?' and Victoria was too busy trying to steal Mr Pinky from heechul which he ushered her away whenever the oportunites came.

"you should really curl your hair." Said Julia. "I'm not that bad you know?"

"thanks Julia. I know your just being supportive but I hate the guy so we don't have to show that I care."

"but it is a date isn't it?" she asked.

"no." Amy replied. "its a meeting. Literally, a get to gether as friends, more like a deal if he shuts up."

When amy opened the door, and went down the apartment stairs she opened the door to find Tom already there waiting for her, his back against the wall and his eyes became alive when he saw her, though she wore nothing special it was the complete opposite for him, having wore a black tuxedo including the fancy tie.

"what are you wearing?" she asked.

"a tuxedo?" he asked. "what does it look like?" she laughed and then halted herself. "you look beautiful." He said and she gagged. "hey...!" he said and she smiled to herself.

"so lets get this over and done with." She said and she noticed she was acting alot more nicer then she expected to behave, mostly because the guy wore a damn tux to a 'friends' get together.

"alright...!" he said enthusiastically.

Amy secretly want ed to ask him about his career and how it was going and how it was like and how much better he looked and how impossible it was considering how good looking he was before, but amy contained herself, she wanted to show indifference however, david always established a way to make her smile, like he had when they were bestfriends and ithin 3 years she couldn't help but grow feelings for him though she wasn't fond of liking attractive guys.

"hey you know ht epoarch right? I was hoping we'd go somewhere abit more fancy..." he said and she looked at him oddly.

"where?" she asked.

"you'll see..." he asked and she wondered to herself.

After arriving to a 5 star restaurant amy wanted to turn and run, she never even knew this place existed and there rather enjoyable talk made themforget about the time it took to get there, and in which amy couldn't refuse because they'd travelled this far already. He lead her up the stairs and booked a table with candelights and a chandelier hanging above them, its lights shinning on them like sparkling jewels and reflecting on toms face casting a golden hue over his complexion. the lavender aroma and lilly scented roses gave off a romantic ambiance and amy hated every single bit of it, even the music played was aggravating.

"nothing special?" she asked him incredulousy. "see is this were you take all your friends to eat?"

He chuckled and peered at her under his eyelashes and she contuined to look at the menu like she hadn't seen anything.

"what the hell? I'd be broke if I ate here everyday, a piece of meet for 50 bucks? Is this five star restaurant crazy?"

"so do you have anything you want on the menu?" asked a very formal waiter with very formal clothes in a posh tone.

"I'd have spaghetti... and you'd have?" he asked amy.

"nothing!" she said incredulousy and whispered to him. "you can't expect me to allow you to pay a 100 dollar bill for a large bowl of spaghetti!"

The waiter groaned.

"she'd take the same." He said smiling at him.

She sat on her chair and heaved a sigh. "why are you doing this?" she said, her voice giving up.

"because... I want to show you that im sorry..." he replied.

She said nothing and when they ate their spaghetti and he paid she said nothing.

After they left the restaurant he said he was going to take her somewhere and she followed, though the streets weren't really crowded because the people of mertain don't go out after dark though nothing bad ever happens and he took her to the fountain where he addressed his goodbye a year later and it brought back memories.

(flash back of memories)

"do you remember this place?" he asked her sincerely.

"I never forgot." She said and looked at the ground holding back tears.

He took both hands and she pushed it away. Then he took a hand of hers and placed it on his heart.

"im sorry..." he said and she could feel his heart beat faster. "I'm willing to make this work." And he leaned in to kiss her.

She shook her head and too her hand away from his gasp.

"I like sungmin and I don't care what you you say about him, I'm not going to the wrong one when I know whose the right one for me, even if he dosen't feel the same why I'm not going to lie to myself." And she walked away. "goodbye David."

Watching as she disappeared from sight he took a mobile phone from his pocket, and dialled the apartment. His heart shattered. He really did love her.

"hello?" said Julia instantly and he told her everything amy said.

"she she rejected you?" she asked incredulousy.

"yea for that sungmin guy." He replied.

She must really like him.

"yea you could say that." He said. "my egos crushed but my prides still intact."

"where are you?" she asked.

"I'm at the fountain." He replied.

"how are you calling from there?" she asked incredously.

"new york gave me a mobile phone. Its this thing you carry around, its works like a homephone but cooler."

"I need to get myself one of those." She said.

"so what are you going to do now?" he asked.

"I've given up." She replied. "she has proved to me that she is worthy."

"what? Julia? Giving up a guy? Yet I thought you had no mercy?" he replied.

"and I thought you didn't have a brain to know what the word mercy means." She replied.

"I was your boyfriend for a year what do you expect?" he asked.
"true..." she replied. "did you walk her home atleast?"

"she walked off by herself, besides, this city is safe, you should see new york."

"yea well I got to go, I've been waiting eagerly for so long that my back hurts." She said.

"your back? Now how did that happen?" he said incredously.

"thanks for the favour." she said and hung up and went into her room, then 25 minutes later into the bathroom and took a shower.

After 10 minutes she heard a knock on the door and she had only finished showering and heard hte door open.

Amy went inside the kitchen and opened the light, scaring her she saw sungmin sitting on the table in the dark deep in thought and she held her heart in shock.

"why are you out so late?" she said.

"why are you home so late?" he asked.

"cause I was having dinner? she said. "and why do you care?"

"cause I like you." he said getting up from his chair.

"kissing the girl you like bestfriend isn't really 'showing' that you like her isn't it?" se interrogated and he sighed.

"amy please... I didn't know what I was doing..."

"like I said, you were drunk, if you kissed her and I saw it, you made the firts move, obviously thats something you wanted to do right but something wa holding you back, Julia already told me, she was just pretending you liked me when you actually like her. I bet you already confessed to her too."

"no amy." Said Julia coming into view and scared her.

"why is everyone popping in on me like that?" she asked.

"he didn't kiss me..." she said seriously and amy looked at her incredously. "he pulled away before I could..."

Amy looked at sungmin and lifted her brow up to him. "how do I know your not lying?" she asked Julia.
"because, I drank less beer than sungmin, but I went crazy, but I still remember what I did, I remember, he told me. he leaned in but then pulled away. Don't remember why, but he did." Said Julia hiding the part where she said she owed him and then when he didn't kiss her she told amy.

"oh wait..." said sungmin starting to remember. "I didn't..."

"well there you go." Said Julia and walked into her bedroom.

Amy walked over to sungmin. "sungmin I'm so sorry... and don't worry I didn't kiss tom at dinner today or anything."

"shh..." he said and gently grabbed her shoulders and pushed her softely onto the fridge and reached down, his fringe over his eyes as he placed his lips on hers. It was pure exctasty.

Click


The person behind the camera screens zoomed in and snapped the photo and smirked to herself. There work was nearly complete.


Dear Diary: I guess its over for me. they really do deserve each other.

Love Julia-