Chapter Twelve

Lost In Mertan

 

Little donghae was welcomed to the stage with applauses, h waited for the music to come and when it did, he allowed the rhythm to move through his body. Popping and locking the girls screamed wildly, he began throwing himself into the air, doing handstands and turns. When he had finished, there was a loud applause, and when they announced the winners for the talent show, he was welcomed with third place. He didn't mind, he was honoured at even being able to be judged with his seniors, 4 years older, which made a big difference in primary school.

Accepting his trophy and walking out the door happily, he was encountered with five boys, each inthe football team. They laughed at him as the tallest boy, and clearly the leader punched him in the face.

"ew! A dancer! Dancing is for girls!" His face already beaten with wounds and brusies, his eye swelled and his legs battered. "YOUR A GIRL BECAUSE YOU DANCE! YOUR GAY! YOUR GAY!"

"stop... stop..." cried donghae.
"hahah!" they laughed. "GIRL!"

The boy stepped on his face and held up his hair. "now don't you dare dance infront of me again okay?"

"i... will... never... stop... dancing!" he yelled and the boys contuined to kick him.

Suddenly, a tall boy came to his defence, punching the eldest boy on the nose as the others came charging for him, he kicked the boy in the stomach, pushing him back in pain, and dodged the other boys careless kick and elbowed him in the stomach, fly kicking the other boy in the face. The other two boys charged at him in the same time, dodging their attacks and kicking him on the knee and the other he punched inthe stomach again. When each boy was down he walked to the leader and stamped him on the face 3 times as he cried out for him to stop, but he didn't. he walked to the remaining others and did it to them aswell, then he walked to donghae, donghae cringed, closing his eyes, preparing to get stomped on the face aswell. But instead the boy extended a hand out to help, offering to help him up. Donghae was scared to take it, what happened if it was a trap. He had seen the boy in most of his classes, but he had nevre talked to him.

"hey shin..." he said kindly. "take my hand."

Donghae, trusting him, took it and he carried him up. then he took one of his arms and placed it over his shoulder as he walked passed the beaten bodies.

"hey you dance really good... I dance good too." he said. "want to be friends?"

Donghae smiled.

"maybe one day we can be famous together..."

Flash

"who are these boys donghae?" asked shin.

"these are some friends I made..." he replied. "there nice."

"I don't like them." Said shin.

"give htem a chance." Said donghae.

Flash

"that shin boy gets on my nerves." Said kangin.

"give him a while..." said donghae.

Flash

"I heard your making up this group called super junior." Said shin.

"yea but your not in it." said leeteuk. "sorry."

Flash

"I thought we were friends." Said shin. "I thought we were always going to be together... and become famous with each other..."

"times change..." said donghae. "sorry shin..."

Flash

"why'd you do it?" yelled donghae. "I trusted you with our secrets! we trusted you!"

"times change..." said shin and walked away.

Flash

"guess, 'super junior' guess why I'm here, im a solo artist now, and I don't regret a thing, infact I consider myself lucky when I was forced to not join a talentless group like yours."

Donghae woke up from his nightmare, his face sweating and his singlet drenched. He pulled off his covers and walked out the door.

"dad... dad... DAD!" yelled victoria to the phone and then dropped it angrily.

"whats wrong?" asked donghae.

"nothing." She said.

"suits yourself." He replied and walked into the bathroom but hse stopped him y asking.

"you hngry donghae?" she asked.

"I could do with some ramen." He replied.

"sure... but it won't be as good as amys."

"so what made you wake up so early?" vicotira asked a she added the sachet into the boiling water and stired.

"nightmare." He replied.

"oh.." she said. "you still have nightmares?"

"no.. but this one was different."

"different? How?" she asked and he looked up at her annoyed.

She changed the topic. "I heard julias going to take us ice skating!"

"ice skating?" he said incredulously. "NO!"

"what?" she said sadly. "why?"

"cause first of all its 14 degrees outside, and second of all, we don't KNOW how to ice skate. Sorry but im going to have to miss this one."

"awww..." she said. "but it'll make Julia happy!"

"make Julia happy or not, im not in the mood either."

"ICE SKATING!" yelled kangin as he kicked open the door.

"ICE SKATING!" yelled siwon crazily, waving banners in the air with the large words "ice skating'.

"great..." said donghae groaning.

"WHATS WRONG DONGHAE?" said Siwon.

"YAAAAAAA WHAAAATS WRONG?" said Kangin crazily, air waving a guitar.

"Noth—"

Siwon grabbed him by the torso and lifted him up and began twirling him in circles. "ICE SKAATING!" he yelled and kangin contuined with his air guitar solo.

"what is with all this racket?" said an awoken hang geng angrily as he rubbed his eyes.

"ICE SKATING!" they yelled again and dropped donghae and picked up hang geng.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he yelled.

And they dropped him. "ICE SKATING!"

"will you two be quiet? its 8am in the morning!" yelled ryeowook.
"not when were going ICE SKAATING!"

And at that exact moment Sungmin came in with an AK 47 and they all dropped down on the floor.

There was a pause.

"ICE SKATINGGGGGGG!" he yelled and the others got up and began dancing.

"damn you are so noisy." Said Julia. "and im the one organising the event."

"man..." said mary.

'ICE SKATING!" said arena happily.

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP." said amy.

"okay good." Said hang gneg. "while everyones excited im going to cook beigjing fried rice!"

And they carried hang geng into the air and twirled him around in circles yelling. "FRIED RIIIIIIIIICE!"

When each was dressed in their jackets, woollen with fur and scarves and double lyers of socks, they opened the door and a frost circulated the air they breakthed around them.

"ahh sooo cold!" said hang geng shaking.

"whose was the idiot who decided this again?" said kangin.

"what happened to ICE SKAATING!" said hang geng.

There was a pause and kangin reached for him.

"oh well, too late to turn back now." They said.

And when they had reached the ice skating rink, which they took by bus, and in which was given odd glances, they arrived and went in, paying at the counter and dressing their feet with ice skating boots.

"this is going to be so fun!" asid ryeowook.

Hang geng was praying. "god, if I lose all my fingers and—"
"WHAT ARE YOU PRAYING?" said heechul sarcastically and began praying. "god, if I lose all my fingers—"

"this is just great..." amy said. "better not taking any pictures of myself hugging the pole."

"too late." Said arena and took a photo.

"your an you know that?" amy replied.

"nope its on video." She replied. "haha, idiot."

She gave her a stupid expression.

"so are we getting in or what?" she asked and held out the door for the other members of super junior.

With mary behind and arena infront, mary was laughing at amys every move though she was just as horrible with amy replys being a "shut up!" and kangin happened to have went to every single ice skater ont he rink and yelled "ICE SKAATING!" to the extent where by the end of 30 minutes, there was atleast nobody on the rink besides of them.

By now, amy and the others had separated and were trying to skate on their own.

Meanwhile, amy, having thought that she was doing quite well, tried to go into the middle of the rink only to fall back on her back but something stopped her, grabbing her waist just when she was about the make the fall.

"hey." Said sungmin. "don't want to fall too hard do we?" he said.

"yea..." said amy replying but she didn't mean in terms of ice skating. "thanks."

"no problem." He replied. "aren't I your saviour now?" he said and offered his hand. "care to join? I can teach you."

She grabbed his hand which was peculiarly warm and he guided her through, she had never skated this much without having to hold a pole with the eception of his hand, and it was the first time she had managed to move around in the middle of the rink and she liked the feel of it, but she didn't like that uneasy feel she'd get whenever she was with him. She could feel butterflies and she didn't want to screw up the moment by stacking on her , she wanted to maintain the flow they wre now achieving and she didn't want to wreck it for them, but it wasn't her that wrecked it.

"care If i join?" said Julia.

"sure." Replied sungmin and she grabbed his hand. "sorry, I don't like skating on my right, its easier for me when im on the left."

Amy cursed to herself at the reminders, she knew how good Julia was at ice skating, it was only two months ago when she saw her doing perfect ringlets and turns and even spins, she knew that she was good on both ways, right or left and she knew instantly what she was trying to do.

Things were much more quiet from then on with sungmin and amy, instead, her theory was given evidence as Julia began conversations with sungmin and they conversed for a longer time then amy could handle, and she found sungmins grip on her hand loosen until their was none and she looked at the ground sadly and skated off on her own, without the realisation that she was skating without the help of bars, or with guidance and then paused abruptedly, she was too scared to fall.

"hang geng! Hang geng!" she yelled to him, who was perhaps the closest guy to her in terms of distance. "PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!"

And he laughed and grabbed her hand and they began conversing happily. Hang geng was a nice guy, a very funny guy too in his own right and it didn't help that he was incredibly talented and good looking.

"oooooooo." Said vic laughing with that annoying laugh. "amy and her boyfriend."

She gave her a stupid look. "shut up vic. Hes not."

She then smiled at hang geng and he smiled back and contuined skating until their time was over.

At the end of it, they decided to get lunch to eat and amy walked over to Julia, who was eating a chocolate muffin and asked if she could talk to her, she then lead her away from the others and said:

"Julia, I know what you were trying to do." Said amy. "do you like sungmin?"
"what?" she inquired. "and yes, i do like him, his cute."

"Julia." Said amy sharply. "I am sick of you getting every boy I become interested or begin to LIKE. Can you just let me have the guy for once? Hes the one guy thats EVER been this nice or treated me the way he has, don't wreck it for me okay?"

Julia rolled her eyes and then sighed. "okay..." she replied. "only because if it weren't for you then I wouldn't have met him anyway."

"thanks Julia." She replied and hugged her and when amy began to walk away, she glowered at her.


Dear Diary:

Ice skating rink, 23 Morse Road

Time: 11am.

End: 4pm.

Amy, it seems like you really like this guy? Sure I've taken all the guys you've had an open interest in I won't say deliberately... okay I will, I just love getting things that you cherish, it just makes me feel so much less inferior towards you... but you've never seemed to complain and say anything, I guess this is your first time standing up for yourself huh? Sungmin must be pretty special to you isn't he? To accuse me like that, but funny because you were right, I just hate the way you can read me like that. But sorry, if you thought that I was just going to give him to you without a fight because maybe there's someone better for him then you and I know it's me.

Love: Julia